Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 07-22-2009, 07:45 PM   #1
no caste

Arrow Israel and the Nutbar Factor - Poll

Interesting stats How the wacky misinformation campaigns (to be polite) can backfire, do backfire, ...

Israel and the Nutbar Factor
Have Israel and its supporters gone over the edge?
by Justin Raimondo, July 22, 2009

As Israel defies the U.S. on settlement policies and its continuing mistreatment of the Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza, a recent poll shows the American public is undergoing a significant shift in its historically pro-Israel views:

"According to the survey of 800 registered voters, which was conducted June 9-11 by Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research, those who believe Israel is committed to peace has dropped to 46 percent this month from 66 percent last December. The poll found that some 49 percent of American voters call themselves supporters of Israel, down from 69 percent last September, and only about 44 percent of voters believe the United States should support Israel – down from 71 percent a year ago."

MORE
http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2...nutbar-factor/
Old 07-22-2009, 08:01 PM   #2
Reader
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Israel and the Nutbar Factor - Poll

Condem Israel at your own risk..............
Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:03 PM   #3
bodzoyfa
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reader View Post
Expound on this if you dont mind.

Cheers.
bodzoyfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:51 PM   #4
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I'm not afraid of those fools.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:33 PM   #5
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

I`m with you HJ
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:41 PM   #6
Reader
Avalon Senior Member

I'll get back to you, have to find Chapter and Verse in Revelations.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:34 PM   #7
Reader
Avalon Senior Member

Revelations 3:9-10
Zechariah 12:2-3

It's not Israel that you should be worried about

When all of the earth are against them, they and all that stand with them will be victorious

It's not just a coincidence that this little nation plays such a large role in todays events

I'm not Jewish but as I get older, the more clearly I can see that what is written is the truth.....and is playing out right in front of us
Old 07-23-2009, 02:23 PM   #8
iainl140285
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Revelations 3:9-10
Zechariah 12:2-3

It's not Israel that you should be worried about

When all of the earth are against them, they and all that stand with them will be victorious

It's not just a coincidence that this little nation plays such a large role in todays events

I'm not Jewish but as I get older, the more clearly I can see that what is written is the truth.....and is playing out right in front of us
Yes, but who wrote what is written?
It is not prophecy if an event is written by a particular group then followed/enforced up by said group in future.

It seems like at school when a younger kid has a much bigger brother to look out for them. They can say what they like to who they like because if anyone talks back, big bro will be called upon to do thy bidding

Last edited by iainl140285; 07-23-2009 at 02:57 PM.
iainl140285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:54 PM   #9
Reader
Avalon Senior Member

WE are all given free will to think and believe as we choose
Old 07-24-2009, 04:50 AM   #10
no caste

Quote:
I can't speak for the author of the article. For me, I was actually mocking Israel. Well, maybe condemning it too.

There are so many Israels! The nation state, the promised land (of the heart?), the ancient kingdom. Which one?! The moderate, the extremist, democratic, theocratic, militaristic, always-right? It's complex.

What you say here is it's OK (for rabbis) to lie, to protect Israel (the nation state), which is what the article is about. I'm saying it's NOT OK. My opinion is it's not OK to lie or produce 'strange fiction' to sell as fact = nutbar factor. Look at the booklet's distribution command chain:

"Officials encouraging the booklet’s distribution include senior officers, such as Lt. Col. Tamir Shalom, the commander of the Nahshon Battalion of the Kfir Brigade.

"The booklet was published by the Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations of America, in cooperation with the chief rabbi of Safed, Rabbi Shmuel Eliahu, and has been distributed for the past few months."

There were more examples too -
- This "spy," who formerly went by the name Ibrahim and now calls himself Avi, claims Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah was part of a delegation that journeyed to Italy, France, and Poland, alongside representatives of the Vatican.
- The Pope and the cardinals of the Vatican help organize tours of Auschwitz for Hezbollah members to teach them how to wipe out Jews, according to a booklet being distributed to Israel Defense Forces soldiers.

All false. The author of the article called it 'kooky propaganda.' I call it LIES, LIES AND MORE DAMN LIES. All is not wonderful in Israel. I don't like it. I don't buy it. Heck, maybe they're just trying to keep the troops motivated to kill Palestinians. Like with these -

"The t-shirts were printed for Israeli soldiers at the end of periods of deployment or training courses and were discovered by Israeli newspaper Haaretz." more

I'm pretty sure you meant your warning as a friendly spiritual reminder, so thank you. Yet, when I see depleted uranium babies I see not-God and I know who did it, i.e. its chain of command. I read the verses that you posted, again, thanks. I think they are symbolic, i.e. a worldly reference to troops, war, death, sickness, the politics of religion and land. Stories make wars. It's not just the other way around.

PEACE
Old 07-24-2009, 07:33 PM   #11
Reader
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, it was a comment made as a friendly spiritual reminder.

I don't like whats going on over there either, however, it does seem to be fulfillment of certain prophecies.
I think the untenable situation results from certain neighboring states that will never accept the current Country of Israels' right to exist and that they use the Palestinians as pawns in their opposition to Israel. If other Arab States really cared about the Palestinians, they would offer more monetary, etc. support.
A case in point, Saddam would send $25,000 to families of the Palestinian suicide bombers after killing Jews.
Lets face it, if the Arabs sent the Palestinians plenty of money, food, etc, they probably wouldn't care to kill the Jews.
It reminds me of something I read on Urban Survival, that all we need to do to bring down the N. Korean evil regime is to airdrop tons of food for the people as that is how the regime now controls the populace.

Tags
hezbollah, israel, palestine, settlements