Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 12-31-2008, 01:51 AM   #1
Waterman
Avalon Senior Member

Default You Must Choose Soon part 2

This thread is about a plan of action.

Before you read this, you might want to go to the thread “You must choose soon!” and read my thoughts that started that thread. It is located at;
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...9068#post99068

This thread is however about making it possible for the ground crews to participate in a common economic community. Let me explain...

Last summer a mini Woodstock occurred where 750 people met on a farm in northern Illinois to celebrate, meet and make new like minded friends, and to launch various efforts toward community based cultures and societies. There were various musical presentations by well known and new musicians, workshops on alternative energy, classes and discussions on societies ills, presentations on alternative health care, gardening, and lastly meetings about the reason I'm writing this..... a new economic monetary system. Yes, a viable and workable monetary system.

Let me give you some history. In 2006 this same group met and launched a scrip but it failed, not because of the lack of effort but for the lack of knowledge. Then this last summer I had the opportunity to speak and my topic was the ethics of money and our current money system and the need for a new monetary and community based system of trade and commerce. After that initial presentation we formed a group that identified where the former attempt had failed and launched a new effort to coordinate and to bring about a real answer.

The group's participation was sporadic and disjointed, and it became apparent that the original plan for input and ideas from different communities was not going to be as productive as it should have been. During this time our first idea that we thought was the answer failed to produce any interest. So the original goal of having some preliminary ideas by Sept. 1, 2008 was failing to happen. That confused me and I attributed it to life and its many distractions and that to make things happen a completely new approach was going to have to happen.

Then the breakthrough happened, and yes oddly enough it was a tragedy that created the answer. A financial collapse in October produced new interest from many different directions. Even on Avalon you read and reread the concern everyone had and still have with the economy. There is however a silver lining. Other groups beyond our 750 began to spring up with concerns about their personal and communities future. It was apparent to me that our idea from summer was on target we just needed to somehow motivate people why this was important. The good news now is that big brother has now done more to help our effort than we could have done in years. So, now that we have everyones attention, we are rapidly moving forward with a plan of action for everyone in the states and five nations internationally.

If you are interested in participating there are two ways. Through your ground crew community you are forming or individually. If you have an active ground crew this is the perfect time to get involved with this effort. It does not matter whether your ground crew is in the states or not, appoint someone to be your contact person and contact me via the pm section of the forum and I will get you contact information and ask you be prepared to spend some time in conference calls with other ground crew members and communities outside of the forum. If you are not in a ground crew contact me via the pm of the forum to participate. If you are not in a community and are looking for a community maybe association with this project will help you find one.

So contact me and see what is possible for Avalon. If there is enough interest you could soon be holding an Avalon coin in your hands that can actually buy food, gas, etc..... This is really happening and there are already several thousand involved and it looks like there is a real possibility to have over 200,000 involved by the end of 2009. This is one way of leaving the matrix and taking back control. I hope I see everyone of you participate.

In the meantime HOLD FAST!
Waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:38 AM   #2
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Default Re: You Must Choose Soon part 2

I'm very interested in being involved in this effort.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:34 AM   #3
dagon
Avalon Senior Member

Im interested. no GC in this area.
dagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 03:45 AM   #4
Wormhole
Avalon Senior Member

Interested for I coordinate several active ground crews. Please detail the monetary system; we are opening future trade/barter routes in the Pacific Northwest and would be interested in hearing more about the communities involved and their locations.

Great job Waterman!

Peace of Mind,
Wormhole
Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:04 PM   #5
mulder

Hi, I'm in Australia & I will share your ideas in our next meeting. Its now 2009 in Australia - we're among the first countries in the world to enter 2009!! I really hope the soldiers in all wars - including Isreal, Iraq & Afghanistan will put down their arms and realise the gift of being on Earth.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:10 PM   #6
deb003
Avalon Senior Member

I am interested. I haven't had much luck with grown crews here in S. Florida lately but I'm willing to work with anyone at this point.
deb003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:23 PM   #7
stiros
Avalon Senior Member

Greetings, everyone.
PLEASE CHECK THIS UP BEFORE “SCREAMING” TO MUCH!
Because I haven't got any answer about this from several “experts”.
As I understand the economical system used, more or less everywhere, is the following, hopefully I am wrong.
It seems to be impossible to get the proper information, I don't understand why.
As I understand the “money mechanism” is built up of three parts:

1.THE CENTRAL BANK, which OWNS THE MONEY and regulate the amount of money out in the market and the interest rate. They LEND MONEY to the ordinary banks AT INTEREST.

2.A system of banks, “the local banks”. They lend money to the people at interest.
The local banks, they need to add their part of interest rate.
The resulting interest rate consists of THE CENTRAL BANK INTEREST RATE and “the local banks interest rate”.

3.The people pay the sum of THE CENTRAL BANK INTEREST RATE and the “local banks interest rate”.

Let us start from “scratch”. We, the people, have no money, and we want to have a “running economy”.
So we go to “the local banks” to get our loans, and we are aware of that we have to pay an interest rate.
“The local banks” have to borrow the money from THE CENTRAL BANK, and they have to pay an interest rate, THE CENTRAL BANK INTEREST RATE.
Let's say that the the central bank interest is 5%, it means as I understand it, after 20 years “the local banks” have, neither money left to use, nor to pay the interest rate.
What do you do? As “the local banks”, you have to borrow more money from the central bank.
This mechanism seems to be so stupid that I hardly believe it.
If this is the case, it is easy to understand the problem, with our currency system.
This is a real usury system, isn't this also mentioned in the Bible?
SO PLEASE CHECK THIS UP BEFORE “SCREAMING” TO MUCH!
And who do you think, will pay this in the end.
And who do you think will end up owning everything.
And this is the purpose.
One much better solution, for the people, is to create a system without THE CENTRAL BANK INTEREST RATE (0%).
But PLEASE CHECK THIS UP BEFORE “SCREAMING”.
Comments appreciated.
stiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:39 PM   #8
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

I think the problem is even deeper than that Stiros(not that the Fed or the Central Bank is blameless). It's the derivatives. It's banks (and people) trying to increase their income based on gambling on the derived value of an asset - and then selling that derivative to someone else, and that someone selling it to someone else. Enough banks/retirement funds/people do that, and you've got a problem, if the asset doesn't achieve it's anticipated value.

And as long as derivatives are not addressed, as long as the banksters are allowed to continue playing that game and money is fed to them to do so, we are in deep kimchee.

One of the best description of how derivatives work was done by George Ure, but I can't find it right now on either of his websites.

alys
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 04:43 AM   #9
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyscat View Post
I think the problem is even deeper than that Stiros(not that the Fed or the Central Bank is blameless). It's the derivatives. It's banks (and people) trying to increase their income based on gambling on the derived value of an asset - and then selling that derivative to someone else, and that someone selling it to someone else. Enough banks/retirement funds/people do that, and you've got a problem, if the asset doesn't achieve it's anticipated value.

And as long as derivatives are not addressed, as long as the banksters are allowed to continue playing that game and money is fed to them to do so, we are in deep kimchee.

One of the best description of how derivatives work was done by George Ure, but I can't find it right now on either of his websites.

alys
Okay lets take this a step farther. If most wealth is speculation or debt....Who has all the gold and silver? My parents used to tell me down the road in Fort Knox but I know that can't be right. The ancient texts tell about millions of times more gold than is accounted for worldwide.....so who has it?

Next big question...Why do they want it? You can't eat it....when society breaks down...the guy down the road won't exchange you a chicken for it...he can't eat it. Okay ...we all get together and say these plastic poker chips are currency...reds are $10 US and the whites are $1 US. I'm not an economist but wasn't it just easier to mint a coin to carry in your pocket. Do we really need currency? I trade you these 6 chickens for your goat....there done and everyone is eating. I think the greed that has become a base for our society has come from wanting more coins in my pocket than the next guy. The pursuit of more than what we really need has led us down this road.

A planting stick ad some kernels of corn.

RISE OF THE SOUL
Stargazer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #10
stiros
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyscat View Post

alys
I agree, that it is even more deeper, and it will blur the “big picture” even more.
But I think the most important is this “central bank concept” with its interest, it will immediately create a “system of debt”.
I will try to find more about this issue.
Because we have a crazy system, with its hidden purpose to rob all the users of this system.
Then you create a false reality with “smoke and mirrors”, so that we can't see the “big picture”.
It is like the old saying: “Not see the wood for the trees”.
Comments very appreciated
Old 01-02-2009, 02:33 AM   #11
asteram
Avalon Senior Member

The purpose of money is to have a medium of exchange, that both parties can agree to. Often times what one person has to barter is not what the other person wants to trade for. Maybe I want your chickens but you don't want my goat. And maybe I only want three chickens. How does one make change for a goat?

The medium of exchange can be anything, but traditionally it was things of scarcity, beauty and value. Wampum was money made from shell beads. Cowrie shells wera also used. Beads have always been a medium of exchange. There are some very ancient beads around.

Gold is the classic example in Asian and European history, but there were always problems with short supply. The shortage of coin was one of the main reasons for the American Revolution.

It gets messed up when there is interest charged by a third party simply on the medium of exchange; in the case of the US government, they have borrowed all of their money from the private Federal Reserve bank since 1913. They give the Fed bank an IOU, and borrow money at interest to run the government, then they ask the rest us to pay the interest.
asteram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:24 AM   #12
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by asteram View Post
The purpose of money is to have a medium of exchange, that both parties can agree to. Often times what one person has to barter is not what the other person wants to trade for. Maybe I want your chickens but you don't want my goat. And maybe I only want three chickens. How does one make change for a goat?

The medium of exchange can be anything, but traditionally it was things of scarcity, beauty and value. Wampum was money made from shell beads. Cowrie shells wera also used. Beads have always been a medium of exchange. There are some very ancient beads around.

Gold is the classic example in Asian and European history, but there were always problems with short supply. The shortage of coin was one of the main reasons for the American Revolution.

It gets messed up when there is interest charged by a third party simply on the medium of exchange; in the case of the US government, they have borrowed all of their money from the private Federal Reserve bank since 1913. They give the Fed bank an IOU, and borrow money at interest to run the government, then they ask the rest us to pay the interest.
U drive a hard bargain......I have 3 chickens and a three legged dog with one eye named Lucky...Deal?? I've had my eye on your goat for a while.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:36 AM   #13
asteram
Avalon Senior Member

Stargazer-

What's the name of your dog's other eye?
asteram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:44 AM   #14
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by asteram View Post
Stargazer-

What's the name of your dog's other eye?
That's just not right.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:42 AM   #15
cantaloupe
Avalon Senior Member

How DOES one make change for a goat?
cantaloupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:54 AM   #16
Waterman
Avalon Senior Member

Hi folks,

If you haven't done so, let me know that you are interested in finding out how to participate in this new currency projet/system, and make sure to let me know soon.

This could possibly be one of the most important projects you will ever participate in. This could be the difference between being a slave or free. I am really expecting to see a practical answer where the economic rubber hits the road.

It is not too late even after we start but the sooner the better for everyone.

Monday, I will send everyone that has sent me an email, information about what the next step is. My hope is to have a website up next week that will be one of the tools to help everyone participate.

Till Later..... HOLD FAST

Last edited by Waterman; 01-05-2009 at 01:56 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:08 AM   #17
dagon
Avalon Senior Member

cant wait to see whats developing with this...
Old 01-07-2009, 04:10 AM   #18
dagon
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantaloupe View Post
How DOES one make change for a goat?
Old 01-07-2009, 07:04 AM   #19
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

Would this system only be applicable in the USA or will it work anywhere? Im curious. Count me in.
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:02 AM   #20
Starlah
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: You Must Choose Soon part 2

Monday, I will send everyone that has sent me an email, information about what the next step is. My hope is to have a website up next week that will be one of the tools to help everyone participate.

Till Later..... HOLD FAST[/QUOTE]

Its past Monday however would like to know more of the details and participation. Can collaborate with Wormhole on this. Thankyou.
__________________________________________________ __
Kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight...Bruce Cockburn
Starlah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:57 PM   #21
Waterman
Avalon Senior Member

Make sure you check this thread later tonight. After I have finished writing about the last minute info I just received, I will be updating this thread about the Currency Project.

So, make sure to return to get the who, what, when where.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:20 AM   #22
Waterman
Avalon Senior Member

Are you ready to move out of a failing money system? Well let's do it then!

Since starting this thread, this is my first post since finishing preliminaries on the project, so you haven't missed anything, good news huh?

There are many reasons for communities to form, and there are communities within communities. For example Project Avalon is a community within the greater internet community. Both have diverse interests, and different needs. That is good! It would be a boring world if we were all the same.

But no matter whether you are a fundamentalist or a newager, man or woman, or even rich or poor there is one thing common to us all.....money. I know, I know, wouldn't it be nice.... but right now we use money in all its forms, m1, m2, m3 (although no longer officially published), because that is how we trade between each other.

But trade doesn't and shouldn't be a “bad” thing. It just so happens to not be so good right now because those in positions of power planned it that way.

So, there is a project underway to remove those who have that power over us. The ultimate goal is total independence from corrupted worldwide monetary polices. As we speak the IMF is being changed to the IMA who is assuming power to move the world into a new world monetary system... and oh yes will you be surprised to hear it will be gold based. Hmmmm?

Well, do you want to trust the same people ... again for another monetary system that over these many years has brought on so much human agony?.

For those not in the know, go to these links to get caught up.

Again if you haven't read the first post in the first thread related to this project go to;
You Must Choose Soon!
at http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=9426

...and the second related thread;
You Must Choose Soon part 2!
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=9475

Related to this project we are having our first conference call meeting Saturday 12 noon EST.

So what will we talk about?

Why get a new currency?
Why not bartering?
Why not scrip?
What is the new currency project?
The currency project and Project Avalon.
Who can participate?
Who is doing it?
And much more!

There is a lot to do and no one person can do it all. I will be asking for volunteers to help with this project. This is a perfect project for ground crews.
So join me January 10, '09 at 12 noon EST as I host our first conference call meeting of the “Silver Round Table
”.

The call in number is 646 727-1307 or you can participate via internet by going to the following link;
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/SilverRoundTable

Anyone can go to the website and just listen as a guest, however if you want to participate you will have to register before the call. When you do, you will be able to participate in the chat room as well as speak. You do not have to register as a host. To register to participate and not host be sure to remove the check mark from the “I want to host my own show”. You will still be able to talk and chat in the chatroom. If the meeting gets too big I will be muting callers till they want/need to talk. In fact that is probably how I will start the meeting.

Also, using the internet has all the obvious advantage of being free for everyone anywhere to participate. Also, BlogTalkRadio has room for a limited about of commenting, so if anyone out there is good at WordPress I would like to set up a Silver Round Table blog site to post transcripts of the conference calls, as BlogTalkRadio can automatically link to that blog. That is something we can talk about! Maybe someone has a better idea.

After our meeting BlogTalkRadio will archive the podcast for others to listen to later.

We have a lot to talk about, but again in the meantime I will still need an email address from all you, and if you will, please sign up at mailvault.com and use their services for more privacy.

When you do (get a mailvault account), there will be a message that says that they did not update their certificate but I have used them for years and they are not going to update because they are sticking it up "their" nose.

Now however, you will want to contact me at this new email for this project....

SRTatmailvaultdotcom

Also, make sure you get me your Skype ID either in a pm here or via the new email.

As soon as I have your email, I will send out more info.

Let me know asap.

Till then HOLD FAST
Waterman
Old 01-09-2009, 05:56 AM   #23
dagon
Avalon Senior Member

Old 01-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #24
AussieG
Avalon Senior Member

It is my understanding that USA had its own monetary system call the green back where the government minted the money and guaranteeing it with bonds, was able to loan it out at interest that interest was then used use for capital investment. Through a slight of hand on 24 Dec Congress signed over to the Central Bank the right to print money and subsequent outlawing of the green back.

Whats wrong with going back to the green back?
AussieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #25
stiros
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you for this interesting thread Waterman,

I want to ask some questions.
What do you think of a system that is built up like the one discussed in the thread “So exactly what is this stuff we call money?” by anthrovolution ?
Link to thread: http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=9547

Money is a medium for the exchange of labour.
Is this the right way to approach a fair money system?

Isn't it important then (or always) to have a fair “injecting point of money”?

Just interested about different ways of looking at things.
To me it seems to be a fair system.

Comments appreciated (from all)

Tags
collapse, economy, monetary system, money