Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 09-08-2008, 11:34 AM   #1
corvo
Avalon Senior Member

Default Map of all Avalon Communities

Hello,
the ammount of group and communities is growing very very fast.
I propose that we try to organize us a little bit more geographically.

I have created a very simple map for this scope.
http://www.mapservices.org/myguestmap/map/pgiuseppe

Please report groups only, no single people.

@ADMINISTRATORS:
can you pinch it to the main tread page?

Last edited by corvo; 09-08-2008 at 11:35 AM. Reason: changing title
corvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:10 PM   #2
Falling Leaf

Default Re: Map of all Avalon Communities

I live in Minnesota. I would like to start a group here but I am not sure how to go about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 09-11-2008, 01:47 PM   #3
Advocate Of Truth
Avalon Senior Member

Great idea...I'd love a copy. My city is home to a N.O.R.A.D. station and I've been thinking about hitting the road a few months. I definitely could use this map.
Advocate Of Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:03 PM   #4
Edward Alexander
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Re: Map of all Avalon Communities

Personally I'd be very cautious about mapping my community and make it public, for reasons stated in my post "Communities: Some things to have in mind" at http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=1253

Worth having in mind.

Best wishes,
-Edward Alexander
Edward Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:20 PM   #5
corvo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advocate Of Truth View Post
Great idea...I'd love a copy. My city is home to a N.O.R.A.D. station and I've been thinking about hitting the road a few months. I definitely could use this map.
The Map Is gogle based. You can click on the above link and print this.

Related to security: This is a matter of personal choice if make your community publish or not. On the other side you can also map there point of reunion for people to evacuate.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:21 PM   #6
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

I've looked at the map and thanks by the way-but how do you place a marker when there are no select optins and also label the name of the group?Thanks.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:39 PM   #7
corvo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antaletriangle View Post
I've looked at the map and thanks by the way-but how do you place a marker when there are no select optins and also label the name of the group?Thanks.
drag the map with the mouse, zoom on the desidered location and then left-click a place. Now you should see a cmall window where you can upload a picture, a name and a description.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:56 PM   #8
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

I would like to hear from anyone in Scotland. It would be good to start a small
Eco village -- comunity. I live in Inverness
Regards greybeardl
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:19 PM   #9
peacelovinman
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Greybeard

I don't live in Scotland but am interested in exploring the possibility of starting an EcoVillage/community within the UK. I currently reside in Essex.

PM me if you like.

PLM.
peacelovinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:41 PM   #10
QueenOfLeon
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvo View Post
Hello,

@ADMINISTRATORS:
Are you raving mad?? OK secret government insiders this is EXACTLY where I live, *if they dont know already* This malarky makes me VERY suspicious!
QueenOfLeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:46 AM   #11
Kris Riley
Avalon Senior Member

I think a map is a good idea to exchange in person with another person, but posted for anyone and everyone may not be the wisest choice. I think it is a nice gesture though with good intent.
Kris Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:43 AM   #12
andromeda
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvo View Post
Hello,

@ADMINISTRATORS:
We have a small community of tree already but it is a urban one. We believe that it is possible to go forward in small towns which have either allotments or gardens, by using the multiple planting technique the yields can be significantly higher. We also are near the sea (fish, salt and water in abundance!) while not being at sea level. We also have a small lake near which feeds from a natural stream. There may be the possibility to extend the amount of people to up to two more living in here next year but we have to wait until then. In the meantime we are open to applications.
The urban community is bases in Hastings but for obvious reasons I can not give the exact address.

The applicants for living in must be self supporting and have some of the following skills:

1) Builders abilities
2) Fishing skills
3) Knowledge of alternative energy and desalination
4) Be fit

All applicants must be in the spiritual path. We particularly welcome starseeds. Help with growing plants, general manteinance of the place and cooking will be required from all applicants.

We offer further spiritual development to the level of the unfoldment of the Light Body we also offer personality repaterning skills course unique in the world and very effective. For the idle days in the future we have commedy skills, painting, craft, knitting and sawing skills. We also have energy healing skills (similar to reiki but for all the bodies not only the etheric body) We already have plant growing skills and intend to extend our planting patch to the level of a vertical farm with the aim to extend that knowledge to all town inhabitants. We know how to cook from scratch and use solar cookers.

For people that are in Hastings or relocating to Hastings and intend to have their own place we are happy to share our know how in exchange of help or their own produce.

Hastings is a town in the process of becoming a transition town.

Love and light
andromeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:44 AM   #13
Saico
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfLeon View Post
Are you raving mad?? OK secret government insiders this is EXACTLY where I live, *if they dont know already* This malarky makes me VERY suspicious!

I know for sure they watching us.
"know your enemy"
Saico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:50 AM   #14
Waterman
Avalon Senior Member

Dear Like minded folks,

For everyones safety we must be prudent and understand the intent of those who do not care, and would seek to damage what is good and noble.

I understand there are those here that are trying to use technology that is at our disposal for our benefit by encouraging folks to post locations publicly...... but don't. That could seriously cause some problems.

Much can be done without knowing where folks are exactly located. In the meantime make contact a one on one process, giving only "general area" information and don't ever publicly give your exact location where you currently live.

Much can be done right here on this forum.

So, make your contacts. Get to know each other. When you meet the first time, meet in a neutral location.

Last edited by Waterman; 10-14-2008 at 08:24 PM.
Waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:04 PM   #15
DeRocK~
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Re: Map of all Avalon Communities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falling Leaf View Post
I live in Minnesota. I would like to start a group here but I am not sure how to go about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Hey there, i am from Duluth, MN but i am traveling around the country right now, but i have freinds in duluth, we started a new paradigm group that meets every wensday. if you are intersested in talking with me or the group Email me and i'll hook you up on the info

(DeRocKGoNeCraZy@Gmail.com)
DeRocK~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:54 PM   #16
bowspearer
Avalon Senior Member

I was wondering if there are any communities that are in the process of being formed on the East Coast of Australia.
bowspearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:12 PM   #17
maddy40
Avalon Senior Member

Red face Re: Map of all Avalon Communities

Hello everyone, i want to know how to go about starting a group up near me without giving the area away. Any help with this greatly appriciated, peace allways maddy
maddy40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:32 PM   #18
Falling Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by andromeda View Post
We have a small community of tree already but it is a urban one. We believe that it is possible to go forward in small towns which have either allotments or gardens, by using the multiple planting technique the yields can be significantly higher. We also are near the sea (fish, salt and water in abundance!) while not being at sea level. We also have a small lake near which feeds from a natural stream. There may be the possibility to extend the amount of people to up to two more living in here next year but we have to wait until then. In the meantime we are open to applications.
The urban community is bases in Hastings but for obvious reasons I can not give the exact address.

The applicants for living in must be self supporting and have some of the following skills:

1) Builders abilities
2) Fishing skills
3) Knowledge of alternative energy and desalination
4) Be fit

All applicants must be in the spiritual path. We particularly welcome starseeds. Help with growing plants, general manteinance of the place and cooking will be required from all applicants.

We offer further spiritual development to the level of the unfoldment of the Light Body we also offer personality repaterning skills course unique in the world and very effective. For the idle days in the future we have commedy skills, painting, craft, knitting and sawing skills. We also have energy healing skills (similar to reiki but for all the bodies not only the etheric body) We already have plant growing skills and intend to extend our planting patch to the level of a vertical farm with the aim to extend that knowledge to all town inhabitants. We know how to cook from scratch and use solar cookers.

For people that are in Hastings or relocating to Hastings and intend to have their own place we are happy to share our know how in exchange of help or their own produce.

Hastings is a town in the process of becoming a transition town.

Love and light
I live in lake elmo, mn. my daughter lives in hastings, mn. Please private message me info about the Hastings group.

Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do. Bruce Lee

Tags
map google community