Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > Canada

Notices

Old 06-05-2009, 05:22 PM   #1
ovsalf
Avalon Senior Member

Default Montreal Radiant Zone mtg (June 13/14)

According to the guidelines posted by CosmicJobFocus on the ''Montreal area ground crew'' thread (http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=13806), I'm creating this thread for the meeting planned for the weekend of June 13-14.

Best Regards,

Ovsalf
ovsalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:11 PM   #2
Cosmic Dancer
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: Montreal Radiant Zone mtg (June 13/14)

Hi there!

I would be delighted to attend the next meeting proposed by Northern Santuary. My preference would be to meet in the afternoon (2 pm) on Sunday, June 14. However, if most prefer the Saturday, I'd be willing to rearrange my schedule in order to attend.

I'll be looking to find out more details as they develop...
Cosmic Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:59 PM   #3
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Montreal Radiant Zone mtg (June 13/14)

Looks like most people prefer Sunday, 2:00pm. to 3:30pm

I'm open to locations for the mtg. If people want to make it more informal, we can talk over coffee and/or desert, maybe in the Cote Vertu shopping area, at a quiet restaurent.

Please suggest/ bring up relevant topics of interest to you. So far I have:

1. Ways to contribute (and benefit) to the Rainbow community/ fellowship: I've been thinking of how people can contribute and benefit from the community. Basically there are people that have more time than money, so I've a proposal to present/discuss. I can use the feedback from the mtg.

2. Timeline: Some discussion of how the project timeline can look like or may proceed.

3. General discussion on energy. This has been brough up by some other members and we can have an information exchange. I have the electrical background for this and can help answer any questions.

4. aob (any other business).

/NS
NorthernSanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:50 AM   #4
CosmicJobFocus
Avalon Senior Member

Hello every bodies,

A Cafe or a Restaurant is fine if there is not too many people. If the number increase we will have to look for new solution.

Of course I like shopping mall cote vertu because there will be parking space and I live not too far away. It is also convenient for those using the STM.

For this time I believe cote vertu will be ok.

Also if the weather is nice we could go to the Marcel-Laurin parc just beside the mall. By the way the noise problem should not be a problem because the cote vertu aerial corridor has been close for some weeks now.

We will now need a meeting place. At the center of the mall there is lots of tables where the restaurant are. I suggest we could meet there let say in front of the A&W restaurant. Or if it is a nice weather we could meet outside at the Canadian Tire.

I agree with you NorthernSantuary about the topics that should be cover for the meeting.

See you all.
CosmicJobFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:34 AM   #5
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

The other alternative could be at the St. Joseph restaurent, it's quiet. I was trying to see if I could find a place that was closer to the west end. My son mentioned near Guzzo, there's some coffee places in the area. I'll check it out by Friday.

/NS
Old 06-11-2009, 02:38 AM   #6
Cosmic Dancer
Avalon Senior Member

Hi there!

If possible I would prefer meeting around the Cote Vertu shopping mall area rather than St. Joseph's Restaurant for many of the same reasons that CosmicJobFocus mentioned.

There is a restaurant inside the mall but I don't know how quiet it might be. There is also an italian restaurant by the name of Divino's right beside Guzzo cinema. That might be the quietest place of all. Also, their seating arrangement enables tables to be placed together if necessary, if we have many people showing up.

N.S., how many people have already committed to attending so far?

I look forward to seeing you all on Sunday!
Old 06-11-2009, 11:04 AM   #7
ovsalf
Avalon Senior Member

My spouse and I are planning to participate.

We are looking forward to meet you all.

Ovsalf
Old 06-11-2009, 11:05 AM   #8
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Cosmic Dancer,

I'll take a look at Divino. We need to be able to move the table around. There's about 10-12 people right now.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:08 PM   #9
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

I checked out Divino and talked to the manager. He was eager for the business, but they only open at 4:00pm on the weekend.

Next door is a cafe Energie Cardio that we can go to; it's very open, and I don't expect too much people around 2:00pm. We can meet there. The Guzzo/entertainment complex is at 3500 Cote Vertu, opposite the shopping center.

See you all there (2:00pm) this Sunday!

/NS
Old 06-12-2009, 08:55 PM   #10
Cosmic Dancer
Avalon Senior Member

Hi NS,

Thanks for doing all the searching...
Just to let you know, the actual name of that place next to Energie Cardio is: "Sugars Cafe Et Dessert".

Anyway, it will be easy to find because it's the only coffee place around there.
We'll see you there on Sunday at 2 pm.

--CD
Old 06-12-2009, 09:01 PM   #11
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for the correction. I don't know if you see that name from the outside.

I can see you spent enough time in the area.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:26 PM   #12
Cosmic Dancer
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, I know this area well because I worked for several years in one of the big buildings facing the Guzzo complex.
I don't think the cafe's name is visible from the outside. What you can readily see though is the name "FIRE GRILL" with a big flame, which is a restaurant/bar right beside it.

I'm sure it will be easy to spot for everyone coming to the meeting.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:20 PM   #13
ovsalf
Avalon Senior Member

If the weather is nice on Sunday afternoon, perhaps we can meet at the "Sugars Cafe Et Dessert" and, after being pretty sure that everybody is arrived (let's say after 30 minutes or after having drunk a coffee), move to the nearby Marcel Laurin park in order to take advantage of the outside air.

Therefore, I would suggest to bring a picnic chair just in case we can not resit the call of the nice weather!

Ovsalf
Old 06-14-2009, 12:48 AM   #14
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

Hi ovsalf, We can be flexible. The weather forecast looks pretty good. My mobile is 514-261-1727. /NS
Old 06-16-2009, 11:55 AM   #15
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

For the people that couldn't attend, we had a very good meeting. Lots of discussions, lasting about 3 1/2 hours. There was 10 people. We might get one more mtg before everyone takes there vacation in July, but there is a lot of interest and commitment to move ahead and realize a community center. So everyone will be focused to get more like-minded people. I will update the plans to make it extensible / build it in phases. At this point, everyone is beginning to be aware of the time factor.

/NS
Old 06-16-2009, 12:45 PM   #16
GaiaLove
Avalon Administrator

Question Re: Montreal Radiant Zone mtg (June 13/14)

The wife and I were hip deep in roses, carnations and lilies and could not get away. I glad to hear it went 3.5 hours. I agree that time is getting short.

NS: What's the next step? When do you foresee groundbreak? Is there funding for the next phase? What do you think of a Rainbow Community website to tie us all together?

Click here to chat LIVE with other members of Avalon
GaiaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:42 PM   #17
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs down Re: Montreal Radiant Zone mtg (June 13/14)

Hi Gaialove,

Glad you were raking in the money; good reason.

There was a request to have regular meetings (defined interval), but people are taking vacations in July. The other possibility is to still have the regular mtgs, make progress, distribute the minutes by e-mail so people can comment and keep up to date. Standard business practice (please give feedback on this). Also to see if a regular mtg place can be found.

There was a comment that we need 12 parties to start ground breaking, but I need to redesign the building and come up with a cost list to get the handle on the actual amount. It also depends on what people feel. I believe there will be more people getting interested as time passes, so I feel that we can start without getting full funding, but this is up to the people involved, whether they will dish out the money with that risk. We can discuss this in the next mtg.

My daughter was suppose to help out create a website. I'll check with her again. We need to discuss what we want on that site, and she can design for it.

Can you send an email to me and I'll send you the slides we used to discuss. There is a project timeline you can look at.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:35 PM   #18
Cosmic Dancer
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, we had a very good meeting on Sunday!

A lot was discussed, but time sped by and I believe there is so much more still to cover. I think it's a good idea to keep having regular meetings and to distribute the minutes by email so others can be informed and also respond.

I'll do my best to spread the word about this project and see if other like minded people would be interested. Also, I'm working on finding a regular meeting place for us.

The website idea sounds great!

In gratitude and kindness,
--Cosmic Dancer
Old 06-16-2009, 08:06 PM   #19
sunflower
Avalon Senior Member

The suggestions sound good: e-mail updates, website and also our Montreal threads.

Looking forward to your choice of meeting place next time, CD
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote