Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 10-06-2008, 06:21 AM   #1
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

Default Lucid Dreaming- Dream Escape: Return to Earth

Hi all,

I don't like to bore people w/ my dreams so I'll try to keep it short.

I had never actively tried to dream lucidly before but I was realtively aware of the triggers.

About three months ago I fell asleep as usual and began dreaming. At a discernable point I realized that I was dreaming and at the same time, realized that I had never been self aware in a dream before.

What I happened to be doing (in the dream) was driving down a specific stretch of highway that I often do in reality. Once I had realized that I was dreaming, I decided to see if I could will the car to fly.

The next moment I was free of my jeep and floating away from Earth. As I rotated to look back on the planet, I became scared that somehow I could not return. In a flash (out of fear) I did the only thing I could to stop the ride: open my eyes.

I sat up in bed, and was so disappointed in myself. Never before or since have I had a dream like that one.

I've since looked into Lucid Dreaming closer, but still no waking moments in my dreams. Maybe it is because I'm trying to hard.

I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but I thought the folks frequenting the Spirituality forum would have the best advice.

Any advice?

I would really like to see what would have happened if I wasn't so scared.

Last edited by raulduke; 10-06-2008 at 06:37 AM.
raulduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:28 AM   #2
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Lucid Dreaming- Dream Escape: Return to Earth

Well, raulduke, the trick is to keep your wits about you when you come awake. Try to preprogram yourself with a signal, something like: If I come awake in a dream, I will look at my right hand. Hopefully your mind will remember that you told yourself to do that. If you forget the next time, try it again. You're learning a new skill here! Just casually give yourself that suggestion before you go to sleep -- don't expect anything to happen (that would be trying too hard!)

Panic will pull you out of it. If you have a trusted guardian or guide who shows up in meditation, you can ask them to appear and travel with you.

I had a dream the other day. In it I was part of a Team of 35 or 40 people. We were under the direction of a coach. As we disbanded, he called after us, "Remember, you are glowing balls of golden light." And I looked and saw that we are.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:18 PM   #3
Xhaosis
Avalon Senior Member

Dreams, Dreams, Dreams,

Sometimes I wish the human species was not granted this gift. I believe their is nothing else in our existence that baffles our minds to the extreme within our dreams. It has sparked religion, technology and even the future.

Speaking of this blessing or curse, I had a strange dream last night, as I always seem to do, getting to the steak and potatoes of the dream, I was in a van, driving down a road, I was the passenger my friend was driving, I am looking out the window we are heading east and I see a golden retreiver on the side of the road on a grassy knoll. It looks at me and then up at the sky, I look up and see a transparent blue object half in half out it was hard to focus on, going across the sky. What happens next was frightening.... It got dark, and the moon was up on the horizon to the east, and my mind was trying to make sense of it, when the realization hit. It was 4:12pm, then the radio started to act funny, and the van started to lose power. I got the feeling this effect was not just centered on us. It was widespread. So with the fear rising up in the dream I awoke.

Not to long ago, I had another dream. I was in a abode, out in the desert, I was with another person, and on the ceiling in the room I was in their was stars and planets, it was some kind of map or something, but it was alive, it had energy components, every time I would look up at it, if I looked hard I could see a eye looking at me. Yet when it noticed I saw it, it would try to hide. Then I walked outside onto this balcony deck looking thing with this other man, who had dark tan like features. This took me a moment or two to understand, their was a strange loud Humm thundering thru the air, I started to explain to this man we had to concentrate hard or something, so I looked out into the horizon, to get even more puzzled it was like 2am, and the sky was lit up like dawn. I was watching a big metallic MACHINE dragging a star across the sky. Anyhow their was more things in that dream but those are for me.

Dreams are def. weird.
PEACE
Xhaosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:07 PM   #4
being
Avalon Senior Member

Learn about Astral Projection and dreams here!

http://www.dream-yoga.org/
being is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:08 AM   #5
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodah View Post
Well, raulduke, the trick is to keep your wits about you when you come awake. Try to preprogram yourself with a signal, something like: If I come awake in a dream, I will look at my right hand. -- don't expect anything to happen (that would be trying too hard!)
Thanks doodah, Xhaosis, and being.

doodah it's interesting that you suggested looking at my right hand, because what i had been preparing to do if i awoke in a dream was to clap my hands. Just looking seems simpler. I'll try that if I get the chance.
I suppose I'll need to be patient, as it took 26 years for my first waking dream to occur.

Sweet dreams homies!
raulduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:43 PM   #6
LucidJia
Avalon Senior Member

I have been lucid dreaming for quite a while now (thus my name). I think the key to consistent lucid dreams is a good dream recall. Before I was able to lucid dream on a regular basis I had to train myself to recall at least one dream every night and write it down in a journal.

The best way to get a better dream recall is; as soon as you wake up at any time, don't move, don't open your eyes, just lay very still and listen to your mind. It may take a few minutes but usually the dreams just pop into your mind and unfold. If you have been lying there for a while just start thinking about your last waking memory and the dream will eventually come. Do this every night and write them down. This helps immensely in inducing lucid dreams.

I have had so much fun lucid dreaming and have learnt allot about myself. Everyone can learn to do this on a regular basis and I really recommend it. What better way to spend your sleeping hours by exploring a completely new and limitless world.

Namaste, Jia
LucidJia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:56 PM   #7
LucidJia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulduke View Post
Thanks doodah, Xhaosis, and being.

doodah it's interesting that you suggested looking at my right hand, because what i had been preparing to do if i awoke in a dream was to clap my hands. Just looking seems simpler. I'll try that if I get the chance.
I suppose I'll need to be patient, as it took 26 years for my first waking dream to occur.

Sweet dreams homies!

And yes that is a good idea. The way I stabilize my dreams is by rubbing my hands together, it is a commonly used method in the world of lucid dreams. Stabilizing the dream is a very effective way to become more in control and make everything seem so vivid.

Reality checks are very important also. The reality check I use in my dreams is; I pinch my nose closed and try to breath trough it. If I am in a dream I will be able to breath even though it is blocked. In waking life you wouldn't be able to. If you do this reality check at various time during the day the more likely you are to do it in you dream state and become lucid.

There are many other techniques to use and I would recommend these sites to learn more...

http://www.lucidipedia.com/misc/index.php This has an excellent place to keep an electronic dream journal and lots of resources to read up on.

http://www.dreamviews.com/community/index.php This a very popular forum full of lucid dreaming enthusiasts.

Namaste, Jia
LucidJia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:38 PM   #8
mu2143
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Lucid Dreaming- Dream Escape: Return to Earth

Lucid dreaming started realiy kicking in last year where my spritual progress is being test you could say. Most of my lucid dreams I had to focus on something or one to get a clear view. But since last week, my lucid dreams are in full blown color with facial details.

Its getting closer to the real thing here

This happen when your consciousness increase over time, because time is now speeding up(4D low -> 4D high).

In other word instead for a change the happen in lets say 10 years, it will be now in 6 months.This where it going to happen quicker and quicker for your reality you create going to happen.

For remembering I just have to walk true the dream to just remember it after i just woke up. If not I only have some memory of it, but not the hole story.

In my lucid dreams my awareness seems to be different in levels some more some less.
mu2143 is offline   Reply With Quote