Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:33 PM   #1
swordsmith
Unsubscribed

Default what are we HERE for?

not here on earth, here on this forum. It has been asked before, but now the forum is inevitably going down a different route, how do you feel? Do you like the present quasi- nanny state feeling of having to worry about current stepped up protocol or vibe even, before posting ? Might you be censored? Might you be banned?
Yeah! lets really attack this subject! Let's gum it to death, Are you tired of blandifying and blending to the point of gummifying a subject ? Why aren't we adult enough to know it if something is "offensive" ? Why do we have threads on essential oils?
Would you like to go back to the time when people like, say, francie jones had a say and it wasn't actually all that controversial, because, HELLOOOOOO this was supposed to be a forum for that sort of thing?
swordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:52 PM   #2
truthseekerdan
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: what are we HERE for?

I guess to waste time?

truthseekerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:46 PM   #3
swordsmith
Unsubscribed

thanks for the honest answer, if that is the sum total response my time is better spent eleswhere, cuz frankly I am not here, however intermittently, to waste time. enjoy the drama folks.
swordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:52 PM   #4
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

we are here,
to make:
our good better, and, our better, the best
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:07 AM   #5
Lightpotential
Avalon Senior Member

Default A Suggestion to the Moderators

If I might suggest something to the Moderators.

On the Graham Hancock Forum, which I also sometimes visit, they have a subject category "Mature and Responsible". And under this heading people can post threads that might touch upon sensitive subjects like sex issues or drug use. Now the Graham Hanock forum is concerned with ancient mysteries and thus in particular the use of drugs to explore altered states of consciousness is a topic that people sometimes write about there. Also, in terms of the mysteries of the secret schools, issues of sexual practices are valid points of exploration as well.

In both cases one needs indeed to be mature and responsible in dealing with these subjects. And so I would suggest to the Moderators, to set up a new fixed Topic Area under which people can post threads that might deal with such sensitive subjects. And in this way people will know what they are getting into in opening such threads.

Sincerely

LP
Lightpotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:21 AM   #6
xbusymom
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordsmith View Post
controversial, because, HELLOOOOOO this was supposed to be a forum for that sort of thing?
thats what attracted me to Avalon... mature, enlightened people discussing and informing each other of news and higher awareness topics to help others gain in understanding, spiritual growth, and courage to wake up the sleepers and get this earth-ship (titanic) turned around...
xbusymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:07 AM   #7
Wood
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Why do we have threads on essential oils?
To be fair, that thread is on the 'Off-Topic' section. That is what 'off-topic' means...

Quote:
Would you like to go back to the time when people like, say, francie jones had a say and it wasn't actually all that controversial, because, HELLOOOOOO this was supposed to be a forum for that sort of thing?
Regarding this, I agree with you. It is impossible to please everybody all the time. I'd like to have a 'controversial' private forum. It could even be private with membership requested by email to a mod, so easily impresionable people could not claim they were drawn to read these threads... I'll post this in the suggestions thread.
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:12 AM   #8
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

we are here to love ... that's it ...

futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:13 AM   #9
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureyes View Post

that's true, your 777th post
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:31 AM   #10
Nebula9D
Avalon Senior Member

Default What Are We Here For?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightpotential View Post
If I might suggest something to the Moderators.

On the Graham Hancock Forum, which I also sometimes visit, they have a subject category "Mature and Responsible". And under this heading people can post threads that might touch upon sensitive subjects like sex issues or drug use. Now the Graham Hanock forum is concerned with ancient mysteries and thus in particular the use of drugs to explore altered states of consciousness is a topic that people sometimes write about there. Also, in terms of the mysteries of the secret schools, issues of sexual practices are valid points of exploration as well.

In both cases one needs indeed to be mature and responsible in dealing with these subjects. And so I would suggest to the Moderators, to set up a new fixed Topic Area under which people can post threads that might deal with such sensitive subjects. And in this way people will know what they are getting into in opening such threads.

Sincerely

LP

I support your idea. If i may add, we are all grown ups and here to learn and grow. To truly learn and grow, to me, it means every and any subject/topic under or above the sun, will be discussed/explored/touched. You want the truth you have to be truthful and fearless in all endeavors. We all have free will and choices to participate or simply ignore.
Nebula9D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:37 AM   #11
truthseekerdan
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureyes View Post

Kudos to futureyes, and to add to that: Love & Not Judge!
truthseekerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:03 AM   #12
omshanti
Avalon Senior Member

Red face Re: what are we HERE for?

we are here to experience life/reality and what we experience upon this plane is unique to each individual...
we may choose to love. or not
indeed there are many roles;many parts; many realities

perhaps we are here to discover ourselves in every thing around us. seen and unseen...in truth, I know not...

those with more awake and awareness are learning that collectively, we have the power to create our reality-
this is a powerful concept: to create the world around us...
so what role do we choose to play in this grand Mystery? And how shall we play our parts? This is the question I feel one needs to ask in relation to beginnings/endings of grand cycles (Hopi/Mayan calender)
omshanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:06 AM   #13
Dougall
Avalon Senior Member

Something Lightpotential said sparked my interest. Is discussing Drug Use Taboo on this forum? If so is it because our Government reaps a vast revenue stream on Opium and Cocaine? Obviously Opium production has grown 1000 times over since going to war with our former allies in Afghanistan.
I'm talking about the US Government who currently imprisons 2.5 million people, fully half of those on Drug related crimes.
Is it really not OK to talk about this stuff? If I want Drugs I should go to the drug store and buy Drugs. If I want Guns I should go to the hardware store and buy guns. I don't need the Government or anyone else telling me that it's bad for me. I am surprised that "Drug Talk" is forbidden on Project Avalon.

Why am I here? To look at interesting material and sometimes throw my two cents in.
Dougall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:30 AM   #14
Devakas
Avalon Senior Member

we are here to escape mainstream news, boring discussions by cooworkers, to escape slavery thoughts dictated by rules, compliance and regulations... all this nonsense.

we are here to know the better truth, to look for answers that make more sence to our inner self.

many avalonians are briliant people, kind, loving, wise... do not deny it.

avalonians doing great service here towards awakening sleepies and I love each of them.
hope it helped..
Devakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:54 PM   #15
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

To talk about things you can't talk with most of the people around you..because they have no clue...
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:28 PM   #16
AnkhPeace
Project Avalon Member

.Many are decidedly clouded by religion and societal limitations , not allowing themselves the growth that only research, debate and critical thinking can accomplish. For those of us who choose not to accept the mendacious information that is insultfully offered to us...perhaps this is why we are here.

Last edited by AnkhPeace; 03-10-2010 at 09:56 PM.
AnkhPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:59 PM   #17
rosie
Avalon Senior Member

The question must now be, why are you here swordsmith? Once you can find the answer to that, you may be surprised, I know I was.

I am here for the soul group.

love & light
rosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:00 PM   #18
Moxie
Avalon Senior Member

We're here to expose & uphold Truth but apparently we've bought into the idea that there is nothing to be done about anything, other than talk about.

There IS no coming together, there IS no organizing, no real ACTION
on any one thing because we can't seem to agree about anything long enough to implement. One person, alone does not have much power to effect real change on a grand scale. Seeing how knarly most issues are, it takes a grand scale, a large number to come together and demand Truth... Where ARE the Leaders!? No, instead we only lead ourselves, back here day after day for more smut & entertainment.

I'm as guilty as the next one, so shame on me.

It seems as though this site would be better off having a dozen or so threads about the important issues at hand and building upon those, but I come in here most every day and find alot of new threads started, hundreds and hundreds of buried threads already... contstantly playing "catchup". I'm tired as hell!
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:08 PM   #19
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

I'm here to find out about me Aliens but no one knows anything ...so I'm hanging around on the off chance someone will pipe up. In the mean time I'm reading other stuff...agreeing or disagreeing. Usually the later.

Tender hearts and over zealous censorship needs some grease..... they don't `alf squeak

Something is afoot in the playground. Warning Will Robinson Warning.
SteveX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:53 PM   #20
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Wink Re: what are we HERE for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
I come in here most every day and find alot of new threads started, hundreds and hundreds of buried threads already... contstantly playing "catchup". I'm tired as hell!

Wouldn't it be magical if more people utilised the pre-existing threads and 'co-created' in the spirit of community and goodwill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveX View Post
I'm here to find out about me Aliens but no one knows anything ...so I'm hanging around on the off chance someone will pipe up.

Me too!
Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:16 PM   #21
monique
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbusymom View Post
thats what attracted me to Avalon... mature, enlightened people discussing and informing each other of news and higher awareness topics to help others gain in understanding, spiritual growth, and courage to wake up the sleepers and get this earth-ship (titanic) turned around...
I agree whit you xbusymom - will say to all - important is learn - and learn is never to much. monique.
monique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:28 PM   #22
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Well I'm here because I brought a packet of chocolate hob-nobs and I can't help myself from handing them around...

K
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:35 AM   #23
xbusymom
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood View Post
Regarding this, I agree with you. It is impossible to please everybody all the time. I'd like to have a 'controversial' private forum. It could even be private with membership requested by email to a mod, so easily impresionable people could not claim they were drawn to read these threads... I'll post this in the suggestions thread.
Now that is a "paid-subscription" forum section I would even dig out the pennies in the couch for...
Old 03-11-2010, 02:46 AM   #24
xbusymom
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkhPeace View Post
.not allowing themselves the growth that only research, debate and critical thinking can accomplish.
don't you mean "chemically, environmentally and socially prevented from ... the growth that research, debate and critical thinking would accomplish"
Old 03-12-2010, 11:09 AM   #25
AnkhPeace
Project Avalon Member

I meant what I said, but I get your point xbusymom. The examples are endless, the journey is uncertain and even for an optimist truth is relative to demand.