Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > United States

Notices

Old 09-24-2008, 07:11 AM   #1
fil
Avalon Senior Member

Cool Appalachia Ground Crew

_____

My previous thread, 'Appalachia Crew', had its name changed to 'West Virginia'. Yes I'm in WV, and am looking to settle within the boundaries of this State, but the thread was never meant to be about West Virginia only.

The Appalachians range through a dozen or more States. Seems to me, people looking to relocate from 'non-safe' places in the eastern US would think to 'head for the hills' -- and that puts them (you?) in Appalachia.

There are maps, one in particular put forth by Mary Summer Rain in one of her books, that show the eastern part of the United States separated from the rest of the continent. In the middle of that area are the oldest mountains on Earth, the Appalachians.

I can't pretend to know what the Earth Changes will bring. I just know where I want to be during the transitional period, and that is in the mountains that are not terribly far from where I live now. If possible, I'd like to be living in a sustainable, even prosperous community in the heart of those old, low mountains.

Such a community will require members with varied skillsets, who won't mind working within their special fields only as needed.

I envision a sanctuary, where any and all sustainable technology is welcome, and old traditions blend with new traditions that we make ourselves.

I see new communities springing up, based on the example set by new pioneers. I see a network of such communities...

Is anyone out there?

- fil

_____
fil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:37 PM   #2
Alosha

Default Re: Appalachia Ground Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil View Post
_____

My previous thread, 'Appalachia Crew', had its name changed to 'West Virginia'. Yes I'm in WV, and am looking to settle within the boundaries of this State, but the thread was never meant to be about West Virginia only.

The Appalachians range through a dozen or more States. Seems to me, people looking to relocate from 'non-safe' places in the eastern US would think to 'head for the hills' -- and that puts them (you?) in Appalachia.

There are maps, one in particular put forth by Mary Summer Rain in one of her books, that show the eastern part of the United States separated from the rest of the continent. In the middle of that area are the oldest mountains on Earth, the Appalachians.

I can't pretend to know what the Earth Changes will bring. I just know where I want to be during the transitional period, and that is in the mountains that are not terribly far from where I live now. If possible, I'd like to be living in a sustainable, even prosperous community in the heart of those old, low mountains.

Such a community will require members with varied skillsets, who won't mind working within their special fields only as needed.

I envision a sanctuary, where any and all sustainable technology is welcome, and old traditions blend with new traditions that we make ourselves.

I see new communities springing up, based on the example set by new pioneers. I see a network of such communities...

Is anyone out there?

- fil

_____
Hi...I am just learning to navigate this site. I am in Columbus, Ohio but from Western PA.
I would be interested in learning more and hearing from others in the area.
Thanks for the post.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:34 PM   #3
Myrddin
Avalon Senior Member

Mary Summer Rain worked with a blind medicne woman named "No Eyes" and the maps are from her prophecies, and the map was simular to the earth change descriptions of Edgar Cayce and if I recall correctly the name of that book was "No Eyes"

Myrddin
Myrddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:37 PM   #4
fil
Avalon Senior Member

Cool Re: Appalachia Ground Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrddin View Post
Mary Summer Rain worked with a blind medicne woman named "No Eyes" and the maps are from her prophecies, and the map was simular to the earth change descriptions of Edgar Cayce and if I recall correctly the name of that book was "No Eyes"

Myrddin

I've got the book around here somewhere... Will go look for it NOW, and scan the map, and post...

- fil

_____
Old 09-24-2008, 04:35 PM   #5
fil
Avalon Senior Member

Default old yellowed book, falling apart

_____

Wouldn't you know it? The book was in the last place I looked... No, seriously, the box it was in was at the bottom of the stack...

The map is very, very crude, but you get the idea.

There is another one showing areas that would be affected by earthquakes in the New Madrid fault system plus ones centered in Charleston SC. Should I scan & post that as well?

- fil

_____
Old 09-24-2008, 04:59 PM   #6
fil
Avalon Senior Member

_____

A few months ago there was a tremor centered somewhere near the border of Illinois and Indiana, and they said it could be felt as far away as Columbus Ohio. I felt it here in Parkersburg WV -- but if I hadn't just gone to bed I doubt I would have noticed it.

If you were puzzled by the last map, maybe this one will show you how there could be a continuous body of water from Louisiana to Michigan. I think I read something about the Great Lakes emptying into the areas most affected by a large New Madrid quake...

...and this is why I say I live on the West Coast of Appalachia.

...and now that I look at this again, the feeling I had that I should look for the northernmost removed mountaintop I could find makes sense -- and that would be, yes, in West Virginia.

- fil

_____
Old 09-24-2008, 07:16 PM   #7
fil
Avalon Senior Member

_____

...so I was looking at Google Maps and found a relatively small surface mine, looks like it might be a good place to start.

I'll keep looking, and I'll keep posting, but I'm not sure if I want to reveal any exact locations on a forum.

Stay tuned.

- fil

_____
Old 09-24-2008, 09:14 PM   #8
David
Avalon Senior Member

Good idea to have a Appalachia Ground Crew thread.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:53 PM   #9
Nexus X Humectress
Avalon Senior Member

Default Established Community Seeks Additional People

Hi, I'm with a group calling itself Open Circle. Right now we spend most of our time in Culpeper, Virginia, but we also have rural land nearby in the Appalachian mountains (also in central Virginia), with deer and clean drinking water. If you're looking for people who are perfectly prepared materially for apocalyptic scenarios, that's not us, look elsewhere. But we do have some sustainable systems in operation on our land, we have plans for increasing our sustainability, and we're growing a large portion of our own food. Our top priority is nurturing trust and good interpersonal relations within our group, and with our neighbors and friends. If you believe as we do, that the qualities of being adaptable and working effectively as a team are key to survival during disasters, and are also desirable when there's no disaster, then I invite you to check out our entry in the online Communities Directory and contact us through the email link there:

http://directory.ic.org/21987/Open_Circle

(Our community's members are not believers in Project Camelot's far-out stuff, so please don't presume we all buy into it, or are even familiar with it. We think disasters are possible, but we are not certain any disaster is necessarily coming.)

These communities already exist, and many of them are linked in networks. Check out http://directory.ic.org/

Last edited by Nexus X Humectress; 01-15-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Nexus X Humectress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:48 AM   #10
fil
Avalon Senior Member

Just a quick message announcing my return to this forum...

MANY developments in the past year, not necessarily having anything to do with my plans...
Old 03-09-2010, 12:28 PM   #11
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

hi fil - nice to see you again. I remember crashing on your forum couch when this site went subscription. Hope all is ... well! Are you still writing, filming?
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:52 PM   #12
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil View Post
Just a quick message announcing my return to this forum...

MANY developments in the past year, not necessarily having anything to do with my plans...
Hey Fil....we're neighbors...Kentucky here!!
Stargazer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:15 PM   #13
fil
Avalon Senior Member

Cool Re: Appalachia Ground Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by no caste View Post
hi fil - nice to see you again. I remember crashing on your forum couch when this site went subscription. Hope all is ... well! Are you still writing, filming?
Nation of Earth

Yes I still write, mostly on the Nation of Earth member site, some as notes on Facebook... I have a piece called Working Backwards From the Future that I may finish soon...

No videos since November, but it's almost Spring so more are on the way. Here's my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/filsmyth?feature=mhw4

By the way I (filsmyth) am now on Skype -- don't have a camera or mic working, but can hear just fine and type pretty well...
Old 03-09-2010, 07:29 PM   #14
bigmo
Avalon Senior Member

Whew!

It look's like Cincinnati is still above water on that map! Now if we just knew when?

Peace
bigmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:41 PM   #15
fil
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmo View Post
Whew!

It look's like Cincinnati is still above water on that map! Now if we just knew when?

Peace
Again, those maps are very, very crude...

2010 has already been a big year for quakes, and I half expect something to happen with the New Madrid fault system. If and when the Great Lakes start emptying southward, I personally wouldn't want to be as close to it as Cincy.

Got a boat?

Tags
appalachia