Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

View Poll Results: What Should the Fate of Newsbot be?
Keep it installed 7 17.07%
uninstall that dirty little birty 33 80.49%
hmm.. why am I here? 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2009, 09:45 PM   #26
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Newsbot - yay or nay

Where are you newsbot?

Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:27 PM   #27
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Dear Mr Newsbot

Take your automated doom and gloom and shove it into the void of negativity where it came from.

Looks like this is the first time I will need to use the ignore facility on PA.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:42 AM   #28
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Mystery Solved!~

[25-05, 06:33] Carol: I like the newsbot and think it should stay as it gets lots of hits
New [25-05, 06:37] Carol: and yes, I luv it and requested it be put back... given that hardly anyone even bothers to be here as a member anymore I don't think newsbot should be taken out.

Last edited by Phtha; 05-25-2009 at 06:47 AM.
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:10 AM   #29
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phtha View Post
Mystery Solved!~

[25-05, 06:33] Carol: I like the newsbot and think it should stay as it gets lots of hits
New [25-05, 06:37] Carol: and yes, I luv it and requested it be put back... given that hardly anyone even bothers to be here as a member anymore I don't think newsbot should be taken out.

Last edited by Luminari; 05-25-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:27 AM   #30
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Yum yum
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:46 PM   #31
giovonni
Avalon Senior Member

Lightbulb Re: Newsbot - yay or nay

Well ~ I feel like a monkey's uncle

I remember a few months back speaking with another member about this incestuous posting (member)

I use to post daily, depending upon the (quality and content of) the mainstream news media's> catch of the day?
Often~ I would find a story even- double-trible> checking its sources? I would post it> go off line> come back and
I'd find another version of my news posted thread appeared right under mine???? I thought> ok> this happens
Then> it began too happened again and again

I made some inquires > no response???

I almost felt this> canine was laughing and having some fun with me??

I thought~ ok> lets go check this dog out???
Aaah yes, this mad barking hound existed> but wait?? It had blocked all avenues of messaging and was in a state of incommunicado
This discovery> took the wind right out from under my carefully planned and worded (rhetorically > you've been a bad doggy) response!

Oh well~ life went on
I stopped posting daily even began too stop monitoring and following the news daily
Better you than me> chasing the latest 3D spin!

Thank you newshound back.

The old world has gone too the **** oops!!

But, I love the canine
One of my best friends!

I bet your tired, but your a good doggy

Note;
newshounds biggest fan and critic.

my bad> shamirandin you were right
giovonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:15 PM   #32
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Mystery Solved!~

Well that explains it then, what a joke! Newshound/newsbot gets very few hits!!!
Just go back a few pages and look when it was on before. All it's for is front page news, which we can get from the front page if we want!
I don't blame you gio, It pushes the threads down to quick.

Last edited by Dantheman62; 05-26-2009 at 07:01 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:46 PM   #33
sleepingnomore

Quote:
Mystery Solved!~

I guess this was one of those useless polls. I counted more nays than yays about the bot. Personally I don't enjoy the posts as others have said when I want to check out the news it's only a click away. As for the posters, well I guess this time of year most people have a lot of things to deal with.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:10 PM   #34
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingnomore View Post
I guess this was one of those useless polls. I counted more nays than yays about the bot. Personally I don't enjoy the posts as others have said when I want to check out the news it's only a click away. As for the posters, well I guess this time of year most people have a lot of things to deal with.
Yeah I guess it's useless to start a poll here about this! Now I know who's really running the forum.LOL
Old 05-25-2009, 08:39 PM   #35
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
Yeah I guess it's useless to start a poll here about this! Now I know who's really running the forum.LOL
Yup to be honest I thought it was quite selfish to bring back the news bot when the community obviously does not want it around.
That is why I made the poll, if most people liked it then fine I would just ignore it best I could.
But we are not moberators.
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:44 PM   #36
Machinamentum
Avalon Senior Member

This is all too funny!
Machinamentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:28 PM   #37
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

Yeah, things evolve. Nothing is set in stone. There is no perfection, and internet discussion groups are not democracies.

These are some of the learnings I've had over the last 10 years of being on the internet.

Getting upset about any of it is a waste of time. Better to spend it out working in a garden.

alys
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:06 AM   #38
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

I agree alyscat. We spent the entire weekend working in the garden, weeding out the pineapple patch and planting fruit trees. As for Newsbot - I love his little bouncing body!
Old 05-26-2009, 07:02 AM   #39
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
I agree alyscat. We spent the entire weekend working in the garden, weeding out the pineapple patch and planting fruit trees. As for Newsbot - I love his little bouncing body!
Yep, he was is cutie, and I miss seeing him, but since I've turned off animations and now turned off avatars my overactive sensitivities are much happier. Maybe if I start the guaifenesin protocol for fibromyalgia, I will be able to get out in the garden next summer and also get rid of some of the irritability, stomach aches, itching - my goodness, I forgot what a huge list of systems are affected ... http://www.fibromyalgiatreatment.com/GuaiProtocol.htm
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:10 AM   #40
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

HaHa women, (shakes head), ya'll are definitely from Mars! not Venus! LOL!
I think you need your own little knitting and sewing and gardening thread, HaHa
Oh, and with a cute little newsbot birdie to watch out for ya! LOL!
Old 05-26-2009, 07:13 AM   #41
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Hi Karen,

I too have fibromyalgia. However, mornings are best. Pain sets in with low weather pressure fronts, when it cools down and evenings. The key is it is an inflamation disorder and the two herbs that help the most is tumeric (which is 10 times more effective if taken with green tea) and cayanne pepper which we use with fresh squeez lemon juice and maple syrup.

I did go the guaifenesin route but like the above better. Good luck with this.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:08 PM   #42
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingnomore View Post
again, this is not the case for all of us. i value newsbot for the variety of relevant news items it feeds me. i'm not just a click away for the front pages. my dialup takes several minutes for most pages to load.
please leave newsbot and let's move on.
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote