Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Future Talk > Visions of the Future

Notices

Visions of the Future Visions of the future, What are you seeing? Thoughts, Dreams, Intuition....

Old 11-06-2008, 04:59 PM   #1
orb
Avalon Senior Member

Default Timecapsules To Future

One of the problems today is that we have no clear knowledge of what happened during any previous pole shift. What was the structure of the world, etc, what happened, etc.

I was thinking that there should be something like time capsules to the future designed in such a way to last up to 3600 years and buried in places on high ground, or at least where we think high ground will be after a shift.

In this capsule there should be current maps and a synopsis of what is happening. If a person at a later time survives, then can record what actually happened, return to the capsule and put in the actual events that transpired. This will assist future generations with knowledge that maybe will not be held back from them like we have today with our governments, and might make it to common knowledge status. At some point, we as humans need to take control over this issue that is disturbing our planet, and restarting our development every 3600 years. Maybe next time we can move our own orbit to get away from this Planet X.

I envision that the capsules should all contain the same things, say a world map paper and digital form, and other things that are the same, no matter what country they are left in. That way it will send a clear message to the future that this was a concerted effort by ancestors to help them be forwarned.

This form of story has to be done somehow in picogram, and maybe even digitally where tons of data and video is put on a flash drive and somehow protected from the elements, say encased in epoxy. Lets say you cover the flash disk in saran wrap, and then put it in fiberglass, that kind of idea.

The information could be in a number of media forms and languages, and with the storage on these flash disks today information in every language of the world including a translator could be in there. Hopefully at least one of them will be understood properly.

Just an idea, let me know what you think.
orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:29 PM   #2
Leadman
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Timecapsules To Future

I think, in principal, it is a very good idea.

But, the format needs some thought. Flash drives, digital information, is a compact storage medium, but unreadable without the technology to read it.

Airtight Lead containers would protect the contents from all but extreme heat. ( + copper lining would be good )
I have manufactured this type of thing, for customers, in the past and they have been buried in the ground or built into foundations.

I will watch this thread with interest to see how things progress.
Leadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:30 PM   #3
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

MOved thread to Visions of the Future.

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:14 PM   #4
orb
Avalon Senior Member

There must be a number of those DVD players hitting the garbage heap these days, plus they are very low cost now. But the storage life time of DVD's is only 25 years, other then that you could almost put in the whole device for a cheap cost, and they run on 12v and are basically solid state. I wonder how long it takes for solid state stuff to erode.

yes, how does one send digital info to the future without giving them the machine, and what can last 3600 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadman View Post
I think, in principal, it is a very good idea.

But, the format needs some thought. Flash drives, digital information, is a compact storage medium, but unreadable without the technology to read it.

I will watch this thread with interest to see how things progress.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:01 PM   #5
samncheese
Avalon Senior Member

Yeah good idea, lets make some clay tablets, build a paramid, and let's clean those faces on mars. A few "MAN WAS HERE" signs pointing to a landfill or two should do it. sorry for my sarcasim but I plan on makeing it through the next few years.
samncheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:21 AM   #6
orb
Avalon Senior Member

Ah I see, so basically a "service to self" concept. No the thought for me would be send forward information that might save the slaughter of say 4 billion people 3600 years from now, and who knows, you might be in physical manifestation then, and need the information. What is it for a man to gain the whole world but to lose his soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samncheese View Post
Yeah good idea, lets make some clay tablets, build a paramid, and let's clean those faces on mars. A few "MAN WAS HERE" signs pointing to a landfill or two should do it. sorry for my sarcasim but I plan on makeing it through the next few years.