Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Ufology

Notices

Old 12-24-2008, 04:51 PM   #1
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Australian Peter's Close Encounter

http://www.ufodigest.com/news/1208/peters.html

by Chris Holly
(Copyright © 2008 Chris Holly)

Posted: 10:00 December 19, 2008

I met Peter by way of another friend. Peter lives in Australia and heard that I write about the paranormal. My friend told Peter that I am determined to tell people of other peoples experiences so that they are not alone or unprepared if they find themselves in the middle of a Paranormal event. That appealed to Peter and so I was lucky enough to interview this interesting down to earth man.

Peter and I talked awhile so I could get a good sense of his background and history. Peter is what I would consider a mans man. He is a man of the earth. He hunts and is a fisherman. Peter is the kind of man who could survive in the wild if need be and is use to the outdoors and comfortable with his relationship to nature. Peter is also a straight shooter type man who tells you how it is and without lots of fan fare. He is without question not the type for fanciful stories or a man that seeks attention. Peter is a strong man who knows his place in this world and is happy with it. He is in no manner or fashion a fool or attention seeker. I tell you these things as Peter also had an extreme experience that I feel is without question not only a abduction, but one many others may have experienced as well. The difference is that Peter has come to terms with this mystery and is willing to share it in hopes it will someday help one of you!

Years ago, in fact 30 odd years or more Peter went hunting out in the wilderness of Australia with two friends Frank and Dan. Frank was a good friend of Peters, Dan a fellow they worked with. The three of them went hunting late one night after work, which was a common event at the time. It is called spotlight hunting. They would go out at night, one man would drive a pickup, one would aim a big flood or spotlight and the third would do the shooting of what the spotlight could find.

The three men were out in an area between a group of mountains on one side and a huge valley on the other. They were positioned sort of on the side of the mountains with the truck looking over and down into this valley. Of course at night the only thing clearly visible to them was what they caught on the road with the truck headlights and of course the areas they were flashing the large spotlight.

They were hunting away this night when all of a sudden Peter recalls standing beside the truck he had been driving, and looking down into the valley with his friends standing along side him. Peter and his friends were stunned as the entire valley in an instant went from the depth of night to a fully lit day. The entire valley became fully lighted exactly like daytime. Not by lights or flares, nothing like that. The valley became daytime right before their eyes. They could not figure it out, as it was 1:00 a.m. in the morning and should be as dark as coal. The three men stood there confused looking around as they tried to reason out why night instantly turned to day. Peter also recalls that the daylight had a very gentle blue tint to it, but otherwise, was simply daytime.

Peter does not recall anything else other than lighting up a cigarette while they looked around at the valley. He thinked he finished his smoke and then jumped into the truck and decided to drive back home. Peter and his friends were about two hours out from where they lived in this valley-mountain area. Peter recalls arriving home and going to bed, which is all he remembered at the time.

The next day Peter saw his friends and they began to question what had happened the night before. Peter asked them if they remembered the strange light of the valley. They both clearly did recall the valley all bright and lit like daylight. Peter then asked both his friends if they recalled the long drive home. They all looked at each other with confused expressions. They could not recall the drive home, or which one drove, if they stopped for gas, or what they talked about.

The three felt others must have also seen the valley turn to day since people did live in that area, so they switched on the television and waited for a report on the news, but no report was found. They bought the daily newspaper, but again, nothing. They were confused and did not know what to make of the ordeal. They even phoned the local police and asked them. However their question only brought on questions in return to what they were drinking at the time of their hunting excursion!

The three men were left with a mystery and no answers. They also had full lives, which they needed to attend to. The mystery of the valley had to be placed away for the time being.

Time went on, life happened, jobs changed and Peter lost touch with both of his friends.

Fast-forward about ten years and we find Peter now living in a different area with different friends. Peter and his wife were invited to a BBQ by one of his buddies at work. When at this party Peter found himself being introduced to a rather well known UFO investigator in the area. They started to talk and Peter mentioned his odd experience in that valley years ago. To Peters absolute shock this UFO investigator told Peter he was aware of that event as years ago Peters friend went to this man and told him all about the event. Peter felt oddly offended that his friend would do this without informing him. It also made him realize his friend felt that night was as unusual as Peter had. The UFO expert told Peter he had no other reports of that night other then his friend Frank, but he felt something strange did in fact happen to them. Peter had lost contact with Frank and could do little but wonder about the entire night.

Again we fast forward about another ten years bringing us up to a few years ago. Frank called Peter up one day out of the blue. He said, when he rang Peter, some silly thing about pinching that rabbit I shot that night that Peter did not really understand. They laughed and Frank told Peter he was going to be in his part of the world and would like to get together for a visit if possible. The two men set up a meeting at Peter's home for the following day.

The visit was going well when Peter recalled the odd comment his friend had made on the phone the day before. He asked Frank what he meant about "pinching his rabbit" Frank began right off, "The night of the light years back, don't you remember mate? I shot a rabbit just before the valley went to day. I threw it on the top of the truck, when we started off for home my rabbit was gone. I figured you pinched (took) my rabbit.." Peter looked at his friend stunned. "I did not take you rabbit, I don't even remember you killing one!" The two men started to then get, as Peter told it, a bit cranky with the other over this mysterious rabbit. The subject of time then somehow came up. Frank was convinced the valley turned to light at exactly 10:30P.M. Peter swears he also checked his timepiece at that moment and it happened at 1am in the morning. The men just looked at each other. The truth was that neither one of them could recall the same thing, the same time, or what happened during all the hours in question, including the ride home. Stranger yet is that both men had a different memory of which friend was with them and what happened to him after that night. The entire event was turning into a bleak dark mystery they did not understand.

Peter's friend left that night with both men more confused then ever before on those hours involved, the daylight of that night and the friend they think was with them.

I talked awhile with Peter about this event. He admitted to me that this strange night of the unknown light and missing time has haunted him all of his life. Peter told me that no matter when he goes to bed or falls asleep he always fully awakes at 1am each and every night of his life. He finally arranges his nights to not even try to head to bed until after 1am. That way he can stay asleep for the rest of the night.

I think it is likely Peter had an encounter that night with the Unknown. I also think it may be best that Peter and his friend never find out the answers to those missing hours. I think it's better that Peter and Frank never know what strangeness lurks below the lost memory and hours of that night. Anything that can turn a huge valley from night to day, take hours away from you and erase the experience from your conscious thoughts is best left alone.

Talking to Peter I found him to be a logical man who realizes he had an encounter of the unknown and has made a effort to not have another and to protect his family from this type of encounter as well. Peter does take time to look at his surroundings and to provide a safe environment for those he loves. For Peter, hunting at night alone in the wild, is definitely a thing of the past.

I believe Peter's story without hesitation and hope those who take reckless risks in lonely places think twice after reading this story. Who knows what lurks below the valley light!
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:45 PM   #2
Egg
Banned

Default Re: Australian Peter's Close Encounter

I wouldn't want to recall an event like that even if they thought they could retrieve the memories. They are more than likely to run afoul of screen, double screen and deception than get real events.

A powerful life changing event and not for the good either. The 1am time frame reminds me of other abductees who cannot sleep before or during the hour that they were missing.
Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 01:17 AM   #3
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Australian Peter's Close Encounter

Two times in my life I've had something similar happen. It was in the 70's/80s, and both times I awoke from a sleep to a room bright as daylight. I was in two different buildings, so it wasn't something specific to one building.

The first time I was on a waterbed in Dallas and in sleep paralysis. I could feel the board at the edge of the bed against my arm and body. My right arm was up and elbow bent, covering my forehead. I remember seeing the light coming in the window making the room as bright as day and thinking first that there was maybe a UFO, and then I wondered if I was dying. That thought was followed almost immediately by the thought that if so, at least I wouldn't have to worry about paying rent and eating! I could see through the door of my bedroom into the kitchen - again, clearly. Then after a period of time, the light disappeared - from the right to the left, and I was in the dark again. My body unfroze and I was able to move my arm. Weird experience.

The next time was several years later and I was in a lake house, sleeping on a sleeping porch. Again, I awoke, and the light was bright - as clear as day. Then after a period of time, the light faded = again from right to left.

I never knew what "really" happened - still don't know. Didn't experience any fear or pain or any entities.

But I remember them clearly.
alys
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote