Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 07-04-2009, 10:04 PM   #1
Starlah
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Pros&Cons Of Disturbing The Moon With 2T Bomb Oct8/09

You would think that disturbing the Moon by hitting it with a 2 Ton bomb October 8/09 would raise serious issues other than Nasa's reasons which are to find "Water" and "paving the way for future colonization".

Ted Twietmeyer asks the relevant question of "why is the National Science Foundation(NSF) cutting funding at this time for the McDonald Laser Ranging Station at Fort Davis, Texas...Apollo missions forty years ago left retro-reflective mirrors on the Moon, to measure its distance relative to Earth. The lasers send out a precisely timed pulse, and can measure the distance of the Moon to Earth within a fraction of an inch.

What if the moon's orbit is disturbed by this explosion? If the McDonald Laser Project funding is cut (costing a mere $125,000/yr) there will be no safeguard in place to measure the displacement of the Moon caused by the explosion.
For more on this story:

http://rense.com/general86/moonbomb.htm

Nasa's Moon Bombing Is Cause For Worry
by Ted Twietmeyer
6/22/09

What's NASA up to now? The closer we look at this mad science experiment, the more we can see a bigger, hidden ugly picture.

Our Moon is extremely important to our Earth and our survival. It acts as a flywheel/stabilizer for Earth's non-spherical shape. Simulations show that without the Moon oceans would become dead zones. Tides would no longer ebb and flow, which are vital to numerous forms of life world wide. Many sea turtles, crabs and other animals rely on tides for their survival. This ties directly into our food chain, too.

Apollo missions forty years ago left retro-reflective mirrors on the Moon, to measure its distance relative to Earth. Lasers send out a precisely timed pulse, and can measure the distance to within a fraction of an inch.

Now the National Science Foundation is going to cut funding for the McDonald laser ranging station at Ft. Davis, Texas. [1] We hear of millions to billions of dollars being ****** away by pork barrel projects. And "National Science Foundation" kills this project that consumes a paltry $125,000/year?

Something is very wrong here.

If NASA wanted to continue the project, which they should be doing, they could tell the NSF not to cancel this project. But apparently NASA is remaining silent. Just as they have remained silent about numerous Mars discoveries being made by the ESA Mars mission.

Like many people, I've been quietly watching the Not Always Science Agency. And this latest uncle-axe-job comes about at a very unusual time.

In just a few months, NASA will EXPLODE a TWO TON bomb on the Moon. They claim this is in the interest of paving the way for colonization, and "to find water." Now this is where the NASA nonsense piles up into an ugly heap, like bed sheet wrinkles on a bed made by a 4 year old.

So what's the problem? Here are just a few of the facts that come to light:

1. Exploding a bomb on the moon will displace several miles of Lunar material according to what NASA claims will happen.

2. The displacement of lunar material will follow Newton's law about equal and opposite reaction. This means that an equal force will be exerted on the Moon to match the force it takes to eject miles of material. No one can actually predict what will happen, just as NASA failed miserably predicting the results of another experiment. In a previous mission, a NASA spacecraft fired a high velocity copper warhead penetrator into a comet's core. The results were not what they expected. This is because popular science theory really believes comets are dirty snowballs. Instead, the actual results were already predicted by the electric universe theory. Comets are not dirty snowballs which is something many of us already knew. Yet again, NASA refused to use common sense and look at theories based on real evidence and science, such as the electric universe theory.

3. If the McDonald Moon ranging project is cancelled, no one will be able to measure the displacement of the Moon caused by the explosion. Perhaps this is the idea by cancelling the project.

4. Exploding a bomb on the Moon is against all international laws and treaties. NASA doesn't own the Moon and they never will, and as such have no right to instigate such madness. This madness is on a par with the utterly insane space elevator.

5. Last but not least is the water issue. This is one follows yet another big lie. Almost every book about our solar system claims it is nearly a perfect vacuum. So how does water behave when exposed to a reduced atmosphere? The speed it evaporates (sublimates) is in proportion to the amount of atmosphere present. If a window blows out of a plane at 50,000 ft. water and blood will boil. And that's not even in a very good vacuum.

And here's what it all comes down to * water disappears completely in a vacuum. Therefore, the idea of NASA finding water on the Moon by exploding a bomb in a vacuum on the Moon is utterly ridiculous. Heat from the bomb combined with the vacuum will flash-evaporate any trace water so fast it cannot not be measured. No two ton bomb has ever exploded without generating tremendous heat, and this heat will blind infrared sensors. Long before the sub-lunar surface cools off to take a reading, any water will be long gone. So the idea of using a bomb to find water is wrong on many levels.

There also remains an even bigger and more important question * what happens if they disturb the Moon's orbit? Few people alive today remember what NASA said when the spent Lunar Landers were ejected and crashed into the Moon. NASA stated that the seismograph instruments the Apollo crew left behind showed that after a Lunar Lander crashed into the Moon, that it "made the Moon ring like a bell for more than 30 minutes." Would this same thing happen if the Moon were made of solid rock?

The Lunar Lander ascent stage weighed just 10,334kg. which is about the equivalent weight of an 11 ton truck.

The mass of the Moon has been calculated to be 7.36 1022 kilograms. That's a 7.36 followed by 22 zeroes.

So how could an 11 ton spacecraft, which weighs even less on the Moon because gravity is 1/6 that of Earth - make 7,360,000,000,000,000,000,000 kilograms of rock ring for half an hour? Who could believe this?

This appears to strongly prove the Moon MUST be hollow. And if the Moon is actually hollow, it will take far less to disturb its orbit than anyone currently realizes. How many millions of kilograms of force will bombing the Moon generate? We are not being told that figure.

Disturbing the Moon's orbit may cause tidal waves and quite possibly Earthquakes in many zones around the Earth where edges of tectonic plates are already at or near the breaking point of sliding. The stress caused by a sudden shift in the Moon's gravitational pull could be a serious catastrophe. Who knows what it might do to the Yellowstonesuper-volcano which is already heating up and has made larger areas of Yellowstone park unusable.

And if the NASA experiment goes badly wrong (like most NASA projects do the first time NASA tries them) what do they think countries of the world will do? Send a bill to theUSA for damages? Perhaps NASA will do what they usually do. Lie their way out of the problem.
There are several things everyone can do to stop this:

1. Tell NSF they CANNOT cancel the $125k/year McDonald project. Let them cut funding some other useless project, not one as valuable as this project has suddenly become. It is too important to our entire Earth and it can act as a safeguard. Tell NSF the McDonald project should also make measurement data accessible to the public in real time on the internet.

2. Tell NASA they CANNOT even think about Moon bombing until the Moon's mass and interior is better understood, and the Moon is proven to be completely solid and not hollow.

3. The new upcoming Moon mission(s) can be used to acquire new and more accurate data about the Moon and its interior by performing a seismographic survey of the Moon. Such surveys are routinely used by oil companies to prevent mistakes. NASA should swallow their pride and take a lesson from established oil exploration technology that has been used on Earth for about 100 years.
People DO make a difference. There was an attempt by NASA to decommission Hubble a few years ago, but such an outcry sprang up that the telescope's mission was extended several years.
Enough people screaming and yelling will make a difference and stop this project before something bad and irreversible happens. All the evidence and data points to this happening as a real possiblity.
Is bombing the Moon really worth risking orbital stability, killer Earthquakes and the futures of countless life-forms on Earth?

Or creating an irreversible disaster?

Ted Twietmeyer
tedtw@frontiernet.net
www.data4science.net

[1] - http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...-laser-funding

__________________________________________________ _________
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour William Blake
Starlah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:12 PM   #2
Wormhole
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Pros&Cons Of Disturbing The Moon With 2T Bomb Oct8/09

EXACTLY.

This moon bomb is a bunch o sh@$!!! Clearly, you do NOT mess with the delicate sphere that keeps all life on this planet in some form of stable cycle. What is this going to do to our menses cycles? All plants and living things depend on our moon...

I am as disgusted as you are.

Keep up the posts!

Peace of Mind,
Wormhole
Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:07 PM   #3
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Me three utter non sense
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:38 PM   #4
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

I think I've said this in another thread but nothing is going to happen to the moon from our tiny 2 ton bomb. Most craters on the moon exceed 25 miles across and the largest is around 1500 miles across. Imagine the size and speed of meteors to create craters that big! They would have to be miles across, and with an average speed of 20 km per second to make craters and basins that big!
Also the moon's crust is around 43 miles thick/deep, compared to the earth's crust at around 6 miles.
Our little bomb will be like a mosquito bite compared to what has hit it in the past.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:53 PM   #5
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

We need to dematerialize/divert Centaur.

BTW it is not a "BOMB", it is an impactor - moot point maybe, still lots of energy and a big bang, but please stop trying to weaponize everything for hype reasons!

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:09 AM   #6
Starlah
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation Re: Pros&Cons Of Disturbing The Moon With 2T Bomb Oct8/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
I think I've said this in another thread but nothing is going to happen to the moon from our tiny 2 ton bomb. Most craters on the moon exceed 25 miles across and the largest is around 1500 miles across. Imagine the size and speed of meteors to create craters that big! They would have to be miles across, and with an average speed of 20 km per second to make craters and basins that big!
Also the moon's crust is around 43 miles thick/deep, compared to the earth's crust at around 6 miles.
Our little bomb will be like a mosquito bite compared to what has hit it in the past.
__________________________________________________ ___

What if the moon is partially hollow Dan? A complete seismological survey of its mass and interior has to be done as was mentioned in the posted article.
__________________________________________________ ____
Kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.............Bruce Cockburn
Starlah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:17 AM   #7
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

That was part of the reason I posted that, if meteors traveling that fast and of that size only put shallow craters on the surface, then our impacter isn't going to do much.
At least that's my reasoning on it, LOL, I could be wrong, but there's a huge difference between the two. I would think our impactor would be like a pin pric k comparatively.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:28 AM   #8
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

There ya go...I forgot about that....that Dan...making sense of things
You're right....it probably will not have much of an effect
Old 07-05-2009, 01:37 AM   #9
Wormhole
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks Dan, makes a lot of sense, but I still don't like PTB messing with my moon!!! I like the way she looks just the way she is. Her wrinkles are el natural...

It's just the mentality... "let's go and shoot something at it and see what happens" Blah Blah Blah.

You know what I mean. How much is this costing? And I wonder, really, why?

Peace of Mind,
(and don't worry anchor, we all love each other)
Wormhole
Old 07-05-2009, 01:42 AM   #10
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

I read somewhere that the real mystery was why those craters are so shallow.
To be hit that hard by huge, extremely fast meteors or comets, those craters should be at least twice as deep, if not three times or more!
So that's the real mystery, why didn't they penetrate deeper?
Old 07-05-2009, 01:43 AM   #11
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post
Thanks Dan, makes a lot of sense, but I still don't like PTB messing with my moon!!! I like the way she looks just the way she is. Her wrinkles are el natural...

It's just the mentality... "let's go and shoot something at it and see what happens" Blah Blah Blah.

You know what I mean. How much is this costing? And I wonder, really, why?

Peace of Mind,
(and don't worry anchor, we all love each other)
Wormhole
Yeah I hear ya there!
Old 07-05-2009, 01:45 AM   #12
Wormhole
Avalon Senior Member

Now that IS VERY interesting. One would think that that would mean a denser mass, or at least a very pliant one. But everything I've read concludes that the calculated mass of the moon is lighter then what one would think... That's very odd info indeed!
Old 07-05-2009, 01:50 AM   #13
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

It's supposed to be...to find frozen water

he purpose of the mission is to discover whether there’s frozen water in the craters near the moon’s south pole. If water is indeed found, it could have very important implications for further human missions on the moon, as a potential source for oxygen (you know why we need that) and hydrogen (for rocket fuel).

http://mashable.com/2009/06/18/nasa-...tter-facebook/
Old 07-05-2009, 01:57 AM   #14
Wormhole
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=BROOK;149614][COLOR=Cyan][I][B]It's supposed to be...to find frozen water

Yeah, I heard that but do not believe it. I think we are more likely to find a half-used bottle of Tang.

Love ya Brook, glad you're here. Keep smiling!
Worm
Old 07-05-2009, 02:10 AM   #15
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Well I wonder if there's some kind of metal shell under that outer crust. Let's say the crust is 43 miles thick like they say, and under that is some kind of hollow metal ball which would be the inner moon, hence making it ring like a bell when it's hit by something. That would prove that it's artificial.
Maybe that's what they're really looking for, after hitting it with that impactor. hmmm
Old 07-05-2009, 02:17 AM   #16
Wormhole
Avalon Senior Member

I was thinking the same thing.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:18 AM   #17
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

[quote=Wormhole;149615]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post
[color=Cyan][i][b]It's supposed to be...to find frozen water

Yeah, I heard that but do not believe it. I think we are more likely to find a half-used bottle of Tang.

Love ya Brook, glad you're here. Keep smiling!

Worm

I'm with you sister...I'm sure there is more to it...just what it the question

Old 07-05-2009, 02:21 AM   #18
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Well I wonder if there's some kind of metal shell under that outer crust. Let's say the crust is 43 miles thick like they say, and under that is some kind of hollow metal ball which would be the inner moon, hence making it ring like a bell when it's hit by something. That would prove that it's artificial.
Maybe that's what they're really looking for, after hitting it with that impactor. hmmm
I'm in agreement there too...the more I hear about that idea..the more sense it makes...even though it's hard to believe
Old 07-05-2009, 02:28 AM   #19
Wormhole
Avalon Senior Member

...after a Lunar Lander crashed into the Moon, that it "made the Moon ring like a bell for more than 30 minutes." Would this same thing happen if the Moon were made of solid rock?

Something to think about... isn't it.
Peace of Mind,
Wormhole
Old 07-05-2009, 02:35 AM   #20
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Or...what if it had a little more punch then their telling us, and it pierced the
surface into some other underground civilization and caused some kind of galactic war
Old 07-05-2009, 02:46 AM   #21
Wormhole
Avalon Senior Member

Hollow or not, I like the old girl sitting right where she is... doing her job. That in itself can't be an accident. The idea that the moon is an artificial SAT makes so much sense. This may sound funny, but do you remember seeing Star Wars for the first time? I recall feeling something primal when I saw the Dread Star for the first time. I imagined the moon being artificial and it felt right, like it had been placed there to serve it's function as the earth's pace maker.

Many years latter, when we started to hear about this idea from other sources, my pulse quickened! "Yes!" I thought, where is the evidence? Perhaps I'm nuts and hang on to the little pieces that support my instinct. But you know when you hear the truth and it feels right?

Not much on content there I know. But honest.
Peace of Mind,
Wormhole
Old 07-05-2009, 02:54 AM   #22
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Then we're both a couple of nuts...because i have the same feeling...when I heard that theory I had the same sense

Old 07-06-2009, 08:53 AM   #23
iainl140285
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I wonder when these giant meteors hit though. Maybe before the moon was ever in its current orbit. I wonder what size of impact would be required to adjust the moons position.

Still, makes you wonder, who is going to tell NASA not to? Who watchers the watchers ...
iainl140285 is offline   Reply With Quote