Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 11-24-2008, 03:31 PM   #26
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Please stop the **** about subscription and money

Greg have your coffee first and see you soon I hope. Its dead to you perhaps but not to everyone. Anyway I have seen you have this reaction of 'and that's all I have to say' over and over again and you always come back because you are interested in what is said here......c'mon you are.

But if its your time to step off this stone and leap to another then that is good, all is change and change and then change again.

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
We shall not cease from our exploration
And at the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time
--ts elliot
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:36 PM   #27
freekatz
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayadew View Post
Hehe, I would be substantially poorer if I payed 1$ for each forum I visit (I'm a student)
But this forum is also substantially more interesting than most I visit.

I'm just worried about that a subscription will seriously hamper the growth of members, if I came across a forum I know nothing about I would be extremely reluctant to pay for it.
If I came across this forum now for the first time I wouldn't pay.

I think that's a very valid point, it may well prevent a lot of new people from joining. Perhaps we could have a first month free type of deal, then after that if you want to continue you have to subscribe?

[QUOTE=GregorArturo;86051]Ya know, Harper and raulduke I like ya, you guys speak truthfully. But I just woke up, and seriously I just have no energy for this anymore. These 'forums' I just seem to argue about ideologies instead of being constructive with my concepts, like all my experiences with forums have been for years. I'm just gonna be blunt and say it, Avalon is dead."

Gregor, I'm sure you are a lovely being and are helping a lot of people which in my opinion is infinitely better than harming, however, you may not realize this but there are A LOT of other people on this planet who are doing the same and are not blowing their trumpets about it

I wish you all the best but to say "Avalon is dead" so speaks the great Gregor???.....I'm sorry but please grow up!
freekatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:47 PM   #28
historycircus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Plejaren View Post
Here is the deal. If they want my support and lots of others they can have it easy. By paying for the PC interviews and information they gather....I am willing to give them 3 times the amount for the PC interviews than they want for the subscriptions. So don't anyone ever say it's about not contributing.

It's unlikely I'll pay for a forum subscription because I don't believe in overcharging and cutting communication between people. It is more important to have the communication stay open and easy access than it is to have the PC interviews free. Especially when all the money goes into the PC work.
But if we had to pay for that information in the first place, two thirds of us wouldn't even be here. We'd be getting the type of information we seek from other sources, and miss out guys like Bob Dean.

You know how many Alex Jones DVDs I've seen? None. Heck, I haven't seen the Iron Man movie - I didn't have the money to go to the theater, and I don't have the twenty bucks to drop on the DVD.

If B&K had only this forum, opened it for free, and then without warning sprung the subscription thing on us, I'd be screaming that something stinks in Rotterdam. But the interviews remain free, and I remember seeing on my first day in September a statement about how eventually they would convert the forum to subscription. I think that puts them "on the level" from day one, does it not?

I also think that the administrators know there are some good posters who will refuse to pay on principle, and are willing to bend the rules and make a few exceptions here and there to keep em' here. That should say something. And, everything that gets posted remains read only for everyone - seekers will be able to get at what is posted.

The only negative that will occur, is that future "good posters," who are not here yet, will refuse to share their insights here because it costs money. They'll click "post," they'll see "this ride is at least a dollar buddy," and being the free spirited enlightened thinkers that they are, will say, "no way" - one dollar or one hundred dollars.

My suggestion to cure that would be to make all new sign ups free for one month, with the understanding they have to start kicking a buck at the end of the free trial.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:48 PM   #29
historycircus

[QUOTE=freekatz;86061]I think that's a very valid point, it may well prevent a lot of new people from joining. Perhaps we could have a first month free type of deal, then after that if you want to continue you have to subscribe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregorArturo View Post
Ya know, Harper and raulduke I like ya, you guys speak truthfully. But I just woke up, and seriously I just have no energy for this anymore. These 'forums' I just seem to argue about ideologies instead of being constructive with my concepts, like all my experiences with forums have been for years. I'm just gonna be blunt and say it, Avalon is dead."

Gregor, I'm sure you are a lovely being and are helping a lot of people which in my opinion is infinitely better than harming, however, you may not realize this but there are A LOT of other people on this planet who are doing the same and are not blowing their trumpets about it

I wish you all the best but to say "Avalon is dead" so speaks the great Gregor???.....I'm sorry but please grow up!

Freekatz beat me to the "first month free" idea - it is one that makes a lot of sense.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:49 PM   #30
Baggywrinkle

After you say goodbye you are supposed to leave. That is how it works

Y'all come back now, y'hear!
Old 11-24-2008, 03:58 PM   #31
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member

Does anybody know the exact date of the subscription deadline?
Orion Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:03 PM   #32
David
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by historycircus View Post

The only negative that will occur, is that future "good posters," who are not here yet, will refuse to share their insights here because it costs money. They'll click "post," they'll see "this ride is at least a dollar buddy," and being the free spirited enlightened thinkers that they are, will say, "no way" - one dollar or one hundred dollars.
There are a lot of good posters here and more will come when it becomes subscription based. A lot of these posters are silent at the moment because their post get lost from the loads of trash and unrelated comments pertaining to the thread.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:07 PM   #33
Dean Plejaren
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
My suggestion to cure that would be to make all new sign ups free for one month, with the understanding they have to start kicking a buck at the end of the free trial.
That's an excellent idea, for a band aid solution to what is ultimately an imbalance.

People should understand all the money goes into PC interviews and gathering information not the forum.

If I owned a florist I wouldn't charge more for the wrapping around the flowers than the flowers themself. I wouldn't charge the wrapping and give the flowers free. It just does not make any sense. It's bad. Real bad.

Their choice, But I'm telling you if they are running out of money this isn't the way to solve it spiritually. From the start they should have used their supporters to fund them in a balanced way.
Dean Plejaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:13 PM   #34
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
Hehehehehehe

Use a flouride free shampoo when cleansing your shakra and remember to recharge your aura with a home made arc of the covenant battery kit.

and remember that if someone has been in the sun too long and got burnt and their skin is peeling, they are not a reptilian shape shifter growing into a new skin after eating children in a sacrificial feeding frenzy.

Nothern boy

I'm afraid as they say in IT, you will have find a workaround. So you encountered an obstacle -- jump, change course, kick it outta the way. If all of these predictions come true then we won't have dollars or internet or time to wonder if anyone posted anything interesting today about stars or whatever. I'm not being flippant I'm just saying if you are worried about not being able to express your opinion or fact or info then when this thing that you are REALLY worried about actually happens then it won't matter a damn if its a dollar or a thousand. Do you follow in anyway at all. Life is filled to the brim with obstacles, lets see how you could generate an extra dollar a month, am.......don't buy one coke or coffee and save that money or mow your neighbours lawn for 2 dollars and then you have two months.......
Steal the money from a mason.............or a reptillian !!
If you have been reading .... I have never said i couldn`t pay $1.00 what I`m trying to do is keep what is here together so don`t jump ther gun and assume . And in case you don`t know where Orangeville is Its in canada and we have a four (4) season envoirment here . And so if the SHTF in Paris and your there you wouldn`t want to know before hand .Enough said
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:16 PM   #35
historycircus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggywrinkle View Post

After you say goodbye you are supposed to leave. That is how it works

Y'all come back now, y'hear!
As the person who started the "Goodbye Thread," before it became the Frankenstein that it did (what it became was not the original intent), I'll take this one.

Many who posted a goodbye, like Gregor and myself, did so before anyone volunteered to sponsor us. And, for those who said goodbye and haven't found sponsors, the forum, up till now, remains free.

Tossing a little bait in the water there Baggy? Was that the point?
Old 11-24-2008, 04:18 PM   #36
efields
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkey View Post
obviously if you don't have the money to spare, your opinion is obviously less important than those who can afford a subscription.
some of us are struggling just to get food on our childrens plate and join free online forums and hopefully put in some little pearls of wisdom from time to time and also to meet people that they wouldn't be able to due to money constraints.

but please feel free to allow only those with disposable income to spread the true word.

I am sure the powers that be have more than enough money to post whatever they want.
Yes, very well put. I am however grateful for the $1 a month option, though it would be better to have the freedom to set our own minimum.
efields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:18 PM   #37
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Hehehehehehe

Use a flouride free shampoo when cleansing your shakra and remember to recharge your aura with a home made arc of the covenant battery kit.

and remember that if someone has been in the sun too long and got burnt and their skin is peeling, they are not a reptilian shape shifter growing into a new skin after eating children in a sacrificial feeding frenzy.

Nothern boy

I'm afraid as they say in IT, you will have find a workaround. So you encountered an obstacle -- jump, change course, kick it outta the way. If all of these predictions come true then we won't have dollars or internet or time to wonder if anyone posted anything interesting today about stars or whatever. I'm not being flippant I'm just saying if you are worried about not being able to express your opinion or fact or info then when this thing that you are REALLY worried about actually happens then it won't matter a damn if its a dollar or a thousand. Do you follow in anyway at all. Life is filled to the brim with obstacles, lets see how you could generate an extra dollar a month, am.......don't buy one coke or coffee and save that money or mow your neighbours lawn for 2 dollars and then you have two months.......
Steal the money from a mason.............or a reptillian !!
And just so you know don`t take your comedy act on the road , if you do take lots of clothes tomato juice leaves an awful stain
Old 11-24-2008, 04:26 PM   #38
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
There are a lot of good posters here and more will come when it becomes subscription based. A lot of these posters are silent at the moment because their post get lost from the loads of trash and unrelated comments pertaining to the thread.
The truth is lots of people don`t post because they are afraid to post because some people here belittle what people have to say you can see it all over the place we should be helping one another not being critical of some one for what they have to say more often than not Ego and Emotion rule what people say.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:27 PM   #39
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

Oh I thought Northern boys were tough................
You sound a little cornered, did you hit send then think of something better to say ? hehehehehe. Am I ugly too and is it your ball and are you taking it home now........

I was admiring the funny line someelse wrote, and it was very funny.

c'mon ...................
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:09 PM   #40
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Greg have your coffee first and see you soon I hope. Its dead to you perhaps but not to everyone. Anyway I have seen you have this reaction of 'and that's all I have to say' over and over again and you always come back because you are interested in what is said here......c'mon you are.

But if its your time to step off this stone and leap to another then that is good, all is change and change and then change again.

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
We shall not cease from our exploration
And at the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time
--ts elliot
Yes, I'm drinking my green tea right now, and feeling a bit better. However, I may regret how I presented myself, but I do not regret the context of my statement.
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:10 PM   #41
Baggywrinkle

Quote:
As the person who started the "Goodbye Thread," before it became the Frankenstein that it did (what it became was not the original intent), I'll take this one.

Many who posted a goodbye, like Gregor and myself, did so before anyone volunteered to sponsor us. And, for those who said goodbye and haven't found sponsors, the forum, up till now, remains free.

Tossing a little bait in the water there Baggy? Was that the point?
pages and pages of drama. Not happy just to leave, have to take the entire audience with you. Grandstanding
elections which mean nothing. Douche bags and bananas, bring on the brass bands. Anything goes except the boiler plate topic. How about dwarf tossing, I haven't seen that yet at Avalon. You can dish it out, but you can't take it? Am I too subtle?

From the very first day the forum went up it was stated and the intent to make it a pay site. You've had a two month reprieve. How do you spend the time? Contribute here, or contribute there, but do make an effort to stay on topic. Or find a forum appropriate for the content.
Might I suggest "Flame Wars"

http://neilgaimanboard.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/465601826

I still have four slots open for gifted memberships. Any takers?

Last edited by Baggywrinkle; 11-24-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:33 PM   #42
historycircus

Quote:
pages and pages of drama. Not happy just to leave, have to take the entire audience with you. Grandstanding
elections which mean nothing. Douche bags and bananas, bring on the brass bands. Anything goes except the boiler plate topic. How about dwarf tossing, I haven't seen that yet at Avalon. You can dish it out, but you can't take it? Am I too subtle?

From the very first day the forum went up it was stated and the intent to make it a pay site. You've had a two month reprieve. How do you spend the time? Contribute here, or contribute there, but do make an effort to stay on topic. Or find a forum appropriate for the content.
Might I suggest "Flame Wars"

http://neilgaimanboard.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/465601826

Baggy, do you even read what I write, or do you see my Avatar and go from there?
Old 11-24-2008, 05:40 PM   #43
Baggywrinkle

Quote:
Baggy, do you even read what I write, or do you see my Avatar and go from there?
My comments are general and not aimed specifically at you.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:47 PM   #44
historycircus

Quote:
My comments are general and not aimed specifically at you.
Sorry, I must have misinterpreted the phrase "grandstanding elections," my mistake.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:59 PM   #45
Baggywrinkle

Quote:
Sorry, I must have misinterpreted the phrase "grandstanding elections," my mistake.
Oh, was that YOUR thread?

I tend to not look very closely at off topic threads unless they are extremely interesting. Like Gregor's stonehenge
thread or the oak island thread. Both of which should have been over at Camelot. I admit to giving in to temptation and answering both with a submission about John Coleman's work. But they do belong there and not here.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:32 PM   #46
BeaTnik-BandiT
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Plejaren View Post
Here is the deal. If they want my support and lots of others they can have it easy. By paying for the PC interviews and information they gather....I am willing to give them 3 times the amount for the PC interviews than they want for the subscriptions. So don't anyone ever say it's about not contributing.

It's unlikely I'll pay for a forum subscription because I don't believe in overcharging and cutting communication between people. It is more important to have the communication stay open and easy access than it is to have the PC interviews free. Especially when all the money goes into the PC work.
I second this. It's crystal clear logic.

Since the Forum owners seems to have decided to roll in subscriptions,
i will decide later and see what happens before taking decision.

It's fair though, that we can still lurk in read-only mode...

salute.
BeaTnik-BandiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:47 PM   #47
hobbit
Unsubscribed

I really enjoyed this forum, lots of information and positive people.
now it's all about money and subscriptions.
All the best everyone, byeeee.
Hobbit
hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:17 PM   #48
Irving
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregorArturo View Post
It's principal people god damnit. Principal! I will continue to post on these threads of telling us 'few' to shut the hell up and that we are arguing over petty things. It's petty because you do not understand the value of something so great. Something that transcends all levels of what you consider to be knowledge but is in fact just a piece of information, as there is a difference! I myself have tried to bring forth knowledge, the so called universal truths, things that are so fundamental over anything else in which you alone can easily prove to yourself. But no, you would rather stand around waiting for some interview to come out hot on the press for you to sit glued to while thinking "Heh, I'm glad I am listening to these guys over all my friends with CNN and the New York Times." It's an endless cycle of faith in the outside world, and with it you still choose to deride your fellow man!

Yes, there are people who need every dollar at this moment to get by, but there are also people who need to hear a voice of reason, one of passion and beauty, that can still instill some sense of hope in their hearts while being entrenched in the cruelty of this world.

I am sorry but the voices of reason are leaving this forum. The ones who spoke truth have already left, and I feel like I am one of the few who remain and my patience is wearing thin, very very thin. I have been setting aside by beliefs as of lately on the sole notion of helping others, of keeping some sense of rationality among us instead of letting mob pyschology rule our minds into thinking that we are still purely free thinkers with a noble cause. My purpose here is to inspire, to bring beauty to the eyes shadowed from its simple existence found in every nook and cranny of this ever so perfect of universe. And I will not allow for others to infringe on my efforts, OUR EFFORTS, to bring that inspiration to others on a notion of such ignorance.

And you tell us to be gone, shame on you. For the separation only drives us only deeper into darkness. Is that what you truly want?

::dramatic pause followed by a deep breath::

Be well my friend. We are all in this together. Namaste.
With respect Gregor, I find your comments incredibly condescending and driven by an inflated ego of proportions that should concern. I think that you are a brilliant young man but my advice to you is to check yourself and be sure to know how much you do not know and remain humble. I also think that your dramatic attitude is really not needed and is quite soap opera-ish. It made me laugh. Lay back kid. Enjoy the ride.

I casually check project Avalon every few days and occasionally make a post. I think my average posting is less than one a day. I havn't even watched half of project camelot's interviews - I hardly wait around for them and act like a sheep who is engaged in groupthink and a mode of docile non free thinking as you imply we all do. Who is we? Who are you even talking to?

My only point earlier in this thread was simply that 1 dollar a month is next to nothing and I would gladly pay 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 dollars a month even though I only casually read and engage in this forum. Do you really think that your 400some odd posts have not been worth that? I know that money is absurd and hopefully someday we will transcend it (especially fiat fractional reserve banking notes), but unfortunately our current world still uses it. I work many many hours a week in a god damn mexican kitchen just to get by and I still end up having to spend a bit on a credit card. You aren't even employed - why don't you set up a lemonade stand and run it for an hour every week so that you can make a buck to contribute to the forum? Or you could walk around and collect some bottles. Or smoke one less joint a week. Or search under your couch cushions. There are plenty of options.

Again, I mean this all with respect and certainly a sense of comedy. I try to have a very Zen-like attitude and I also think that everything is funny. I have no time for drama. Everyone is the center of their own universe and I think that it is very easy to get caught up in inflated self importance. I know I have. The advice I would give is the advice I give to myself, and that is to take ourselves much less seriously.

Last edited by Irving; 11-24-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:00 AM   #49
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irving View Post
With respect Gregor, I find your comments incredibly condescending and driven by an inflated ego of proportions that should concern. I think that you are a brilliant young man but my advice to you is to check yourself and be sure to know how much you do not know and remain humble. I also think that your dramatic attitude is really not needed and is quite soap opera-ish. It made me laugh. Lay back kid. Enjoy the ride.

I casually check project Avalon every few days and occasionally make a post. I think my average posting is less than one a day. I havn't even watched half of project camelot's interviews - I hardly wait around for them and act like a sheep who is engaged in groupthink and a mode of docile non free thinking as you imply we all do. Who is we? Who are you even talking to?

My only point earlier in this thread was simply that 1 dollar a month is next to nothing and I would gladly pay 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 dollars a month even though I only casually read and engage in this forum. Do you really think that your 400some odd posts have not been worth that? I know that money is absurd and hopefully someday we will transcend it (especially fiat fractional reserve banking notes), but unfortunately our current world still uses it. I work many many hours a week in a god damn mexican kitchen just to get by and I still end up having to spend a bit on a credit card. You aren't even employed - why don't you set up a lemonade stand and run it for an hour every week so that you can make a buck to contribute to the forum? Or you could walk around and collect some bottles. Or smoke one less joint a week. Or search under your couch cushions. There are plenty of options.

Again, I mean this all with respect and certainly a sense of comedy. I try to have a very Zen-like attitude and I also think that everything is funny. I have no time for drama. Everyone is the center of their own universe and I think that it is very easy to get caught up in inflated self importance. I know I have. The advice I would give is the advice I give to myself, and that is to take ourselves much less seriously.
I decided not to participate in any of these discussions anymore, and let them go on their own way, but being you're a personal friend who I respect greatly, so I am responding.

First, you just stereotyped the hell of me thinking I'm a pothead, that I don't have a job, and that I have all the free time in the world.

And then also the assumption that I am speaking from purely from my ego, as many of you so think. If that was the case, I would not be speaking to you right now. As my voice is coming from above the ego, on the notion of a fundamental principal. The ego subliminally wants to be seen as separate and to survive. This principal goes beyond survival. Death is but a moment. These ideas live for an eternity. I leave it there, and you will hear no more of me on that regards. Namaste.
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:25 AM   #50
freespirit
Avalon Senior Member

Bill and Kerry are selfless individules who have spent time and money bringing forth material you would prior to the internet boom have had to go out and by a magazine and a book !

freespirit
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote