Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 01-05-2010, 12:05 PM   #26
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
Well I don't want to go on a gluten-free diet because that essentially translates into spending even more money on this organic "fad".
Organic is a fad? Organically grown produce has at least 3 times the nutritional content of non-organically grown produce. Non-organic produce is completely devoid of all essential trace minerals and is sprayed with highly toxic pesticides which can accumulate in your cells.
shiftmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:47 PM   #27
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Coconut Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow Shaman View Post
Health Tip #1 : use coconut oil.

Most people that need to lose weight have a suppressed metabolism.

...detoxing is a thoroughly different issue...
The question you are forgetting to ask is why do these people have a suppressed metabolism? For any lasting effect you have to find the root cause. My girlfriend had a thyroid problem and I did a ton of research about it. Soy is a major culprit that leads to thyroid problems and weight issues. The neurotoxin Aspartame (nutrisweet), and corn syrup are the other 2 food ingredients that lead to weight gain.

2 years ago I lost 40 pounds in less than 6 months by eliminating just those 3 ingredients from my diet- that put me on the path. Now I eat only organic or home grown food. I have eliminated all processed foods completely now. I know what's in every piece of food that goes past my lips.

I have to totally disagree with you about detoxification being a separate issue. Detoxing is probably the number one thing that people should be doing to restore health.

Another major factor in suppressed metabolism and thyroid dysfunction which is often overlooked are mineral imbalances. Not many people talk about the importance of minerals. Minerals are vitally important for proper bio-chemistry. And it's not just a matter of popping mineral supplements. Minerals need to be in proper ratios to each other.

One of the main things that heavy metals do is mess with the way the body utilizes minerals. Heavy metals throw everything out of whack and the person becomes a bio-chemical train wreck- all kinds of problems result. Everything from simple weight gain to cancer. So here again it comes back to detoxification.

I have direct experience with heavy metal toxicity due to chronic mercury poisoning from my fillings. It has taken me years to figure out where my health problems where coming from. I continually detox and I keep making small changes to my diet and lifestyle and my health keeps improving.

Trust the wisdom of the body. It will always lean towards health if properly supported. It will always seek balance (homeostasis). I know a bit about this kind of thing so anyone can PM me if they would like some advice.

Last edited by shiftmonkey; 01-05-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:53 PM   #28
mu2143
Avalon Senior Member

Lightbulb Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

Exactly, I had health issue from chronic mercury poisoning, but do to my ever increasing knowledge I was adding herbs that containt iodine and I was adding coconut, himalayian crystal salt, chorela over the years. But it is still like swimming against the flow of things. still not knowing that my fillings was the main problem

My weight got only as high as around 80kg(1.86m) and start fighting it again it to lose wheight. But if you have your poisioness fillings in then your body is overloaded with toxins. a toxic body is the main problem why you having health issues.

The main thing is what goes in to your body is the problem
eliminate eating and washing in toxins is the number one.

The second is getting nutritions in to your body who are able to remove all of the toxins in your body.

Then your health start really turning around.
Your wil lose weight so easily you can't believe it is real. The problem is why people have a hard time losing weight is because there trying to lose wheight on a false science that you have to eat less fat.

I alwasy said you have to eat less bull Zhit .

Quote:
The question you are forgetting to ask is why do these people have a suppressed metabolism? For any lasting effect you have to find the root cause. My girlfriend had a thyroid problem and I did a ton of research about it. Soy is a major culprit that leads to thyroid problems and weight issues. The neurotoxin Aspartame (nutrisweet), and corn syrup are the other 2 food ingredients that lead to weight gain.

2 years ago I lost 40 pounds by eliminating just those 3 ingredients from my diet- that put me on the path. Now I eat everything organic or home grown. I have eliminated all processed foods completely now. I know what's in every piece of food that goes past my lips.

I have to totally disagree with you about detoxification being a separate issue. Detoxing is probably the number one thing that people should be doing to restore health.

Another major factor in suppressed metabolism and thyroid dysfunction which is often overlooked are mineral imbalances. Not many people talk about the importance minerals. Minerals are vitally important for proper bio-chemistry. And it's not just a matter of popping mineral supplements. Minerals need to be in proper ratios to each other.

One of the main things that heavy metals do is mess with the way the body utilizes minerals. Heavy metals throw everything out of whack and the person becomes a bio-chemical train wreck- all kinds of problems result. Everything from simple weight gain to cancer. So here again it comes back to detoxification.

I have direct experience with heavy metal toxicity due to chronic mercury poisoning from my fillings. It has taken me years to figure out where my health problems where coming from. I continually detox and I keep making small changes to my diet and lifestyle and my health keeps improving.

Trust the wisdom of the body. It will always lean towards health if properly supported. It will always seek balance (homeostasis). I know a bit about this kind of thing so anyone can PM me if they would like some advice.

Last edited by mu2143; 01-05-2010 at 02:02 PM.
mu2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:36 AM   #29
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu2143 View Post
Just like every archaeology claims that he is an expert onless you have access to vatican libary or went around the world to find the proof your self
you can claim any thing but air. Sorry to dispoint you.

Most of the clay tablets of sumeria is locked up in some warehouse
only some of them where translated. Spoke of nuclear war the reasonfor the clay tablets is two thing everyhing is lost and clay tablest last a very long time.

I research it my self and to conclusion I drawn out of this that the sumeria civilization existed where Irak is now located. the mayan civilization was problaby the other civilization in the same time the sumerian existed

noah flood did happen around 3400BC and from 3000BC till 2000BC there was I existence of high tech civilization between that period that gote lost in a nuclear holocaust.

Also that I've remember servall past live memorys from that time where I was in airplain an huge airport mulitple huge train stations , airplain crash true a flat me walking past some house like in modern time. Me playing painball with high tech stuff that does not exist to day. Me being in the astral world and walked arournd after the nuclear war in house complex with my modern music stuff tv that does not exist today. your claim are hollow and does not mean anything to me

And many many more part where all more technology existed in the past
LOL. Complete miscommunication here. Sumer exists. Sumeria doesn't exist. It is a misspelling of the name, as with a bunch of your message, but I don't care about that. It's just like there's the use of Britain and Britannia, except the term Sumeria was invented (and never used previously in the historical record, while Britannia was) by authors in the latter part of the 20th century out of ignorance due to the assumed association with the word Sumerian. Sumer is just historically correct, that's all. You can even check with a dictionary.

And please, give archaeology some respect. There are some very dedicated and beautiful minds in the field who aren't completely full of themselves just cause they are an archaeologist, a college professor, intellectual, and so on... I've met some, and they are beautiful human beings. I am not here to have an ego battle. I am just of tired disinformation & blind faith thinkers, even if it involves a simple -ia

Also remember, not everyone shares your perspective and most specifically your experiences. I am not denying them, and I have had my fair share of run ins with past lives and the astral word but that does not make it evidence for the human body as a whole. You should reflect on how you approached your argument.

Anyway, keep up the great info on coconut oil. The stuff is a blessing. I like your energy. It has a lot of positive and strong intent behind it. Namaste!

GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:36 AM   #30
mu2143
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

miscommunication it happens

But real archaeology that really wanted to find the truth.
Found out mostly the hard way ,mostly lose there creditbility and anyting they had that showed that they have found proof that the standard findings are not correct.
they will lose anything pointing out that they can officely claim that there a archaeologist.
there lose there funds too.

Some of them fight back and get some real information like Jonathan Gray and others.
www.beforeus.com

I know sumer is place on the map where it has existed just like the mayan only they twisted and tried to make it look primitive and some how the cities where abandoned. duhh (high tech warfare) Sumerian is like the collective civilizations of land/states, just like America you call it the United states of America.

Only there where not mutch united when they started nuking each other.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:56 PM   #31
jimmer
Avalon Senior Member

very interesting discussion.

I'll try coconut oil and see what comes of it.

thanks for the information.
jimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:43 PM   #32
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftmonkey View Post
Organic is a fad? Organically grown produce has at least 3 times the nutritional content of non-organically grown produce. Non-organic produce is completely devoid of all essential trace minerals and is sprayed with highly toxic pesticides which can accumulate in your cells.
Then why is it more expensive to buy such foods? When you don't have the ability to grow them, it adds up over time.

If such foods costed LESS than their GMO versions, perhaps more people would have access to them?
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #33
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Use one level tablespoon of Thyme to one pint of boiling water and steep for twenty minutes. After cooling and straining it, suggested recipes say to drink two cups a day. The tea also works toward cleansing and building the blood lymphatics and the thyroid and thymus, in addition to assisting in the elimination of radiation poisoning!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:28 PM   #34
cloud9
Avalon Senior Member

Great thread and thank you for all those helpful tips. By the way, to Gregor Aurturo and mu2143, just in case, Sumeria is the name of the place or civilization in spanish lol
cloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:40 PM   #35
mu2143
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

Quote:
By the way, to Gregor Aurturo and mu2143, just in case, Sumeria is the name of the place or civilization in spanish lol
Old 01-07-2010, 12:28 AM   #36
Sideshow Shaman
Avalon Senior Member

Hey Shift Monkey,
I certainly agree that the questions you raise should be asked. I just felt that detoxing is a much larger topic than coconut oil can deal with on it's own. Your additional information of mercury in relation to the thyroid is worth noting. Also, I think everyone should be actively detoxing, even people without thyroid problems or sluggish metabolism.

Using coconut oil is my health tip #1 because it is easy and gets results when eaten uncooked. Getting people to actually try, and stick with, new things can be extremely difficult.

My mercury fillings were removed 2 or 3 years ago. At the time the first filling was removed (my holistic dentist recommended the most electrically active filling should be removed first) I felt an instant electrical response in a lower leg. In the following days there was a noticeable lessening of "anger" in my thoughts. I do recommend this too.
Sideshow Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:51 AM   #37
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
Then why is it more expensive to buy such foods? When you don't have the ability to grow them, it adds up over time.

If such foods costed LESS than their GMO versions, perhaps more people would have access to them?
I didn't know that organic food cost less to produce. Are you sure about that? Are you sure that that is true on a commercial scale? The current system is set up and subsidized for factory farms that put out tons of product for the cheapest price possible. And just because regular supermarket food is less expensive is that a good enough reason to put junk in your body?

I totally understand where you are coming from as far as cost goes. It certainly does add up. I'm on a fixed income at the present time- after I pay rent I barely have enough for food. I sacrifice social activities and I drive a crappy looking pick-up truck because I can't afford a car payment and insurance on something nicer. The bottom line is that that stuff is not a priority for me.

Did you know that food expenditure is the number one cost for most people on the planet? What is the number one household expenditure in the USA? Probably house and car payments. We probably spend more money on "disease management" within our antiquated and faulty health care system than most people spend on food. See the problem? It's about priorities. What I put into my body is a priority because I truly know the importance of it through my own research. In the long run it will keep me healthier. I want to stay as far away from doctors and hospitals as I can.

I don't know about you but I want to live a long, happy and healthy life. When you take into account all of the preservatives, pesticides, heavy metals, chemicals, colorings, sugars, flavorings, pollutants, toxic processing agents, and additives in the regular food and water supply in the USA you can see that what most people are ingesting is absolute poison- and in my opinion is not fit for consumption. As a result of the modern diet, most peoples bodies are over burdened with accumulated toxins.

Sometimes when I go into town to run errands I wind up just looking at people walking out of the supermarket and so many of them look so unhealthy and over weight- even the children. I feel so sorry for them because they just don't know. A few years ago I was one of them! I was overweight and felt sick and tired all the time and I didn't understand why.

I apologize that the conversation has drifted away from coconut oil but weight and health issues are so much more complex. Coconut oil is probably great for you but it's just a tiny piece of a puzzle. I have added it to my own diet, but in my opinion there is not one magic bullet that will make you thin and healthy. It has to be a lifestyle choice. We have to continually stretch our awareness to see the bigger picture.

Last edited by shiftmonkey; 01-07-2010 at 04:32 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:20 AM   #38
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow Shaman View Post
Hey Shift Monkey,
I certainly agree that the questions you raise should be asked. I just felt that detoxing is a much larger topic than coconut oil can deal with on it's own. Your additional information of mercury in relation to the thyroid is worth noting. Also, I think everyone should be actively detoxing, even people without thyroid problems or sluggish metabolism.

Using coconut oil is my health tip #1 because it is easy and gets results when eaten uncooked. Getting people to actually try, and stick with, new things can be extremely difficult.

My mercury fillings were removed 2 or 3 years ago. At the time the first filling was removed (my holistic dentist recommended the most electrically active filling should be removed first) I felt an instant electrical response in a lower leg. In the following days there was a noticeable lessening of "anger" in my thoughts. I do recommend this too.
I'm with you my friend. I know that getting people to try and stick with new things is difficult. My own siblings do not see the big picture. But all we can do is offer the information.

I can't even begin to tell you the mental and emotional improvements that I felt after the mercury was taken out of my head. I have a long way to go though. It will take several years of detoxing to get it out of my central nervous system. I had quite a few large fillings that were all over 30 years old and I am dealing with a severe toxicity that has taken a toll on my liver/gall bladder and kidneys.

By the way I think coconut oil is great! I put coconut butter in my oatmeal and it's awesome. The one I buy is a raw/whole food made by Artisana.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:37 AM   #39
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleni View Post
I'm O and need some animal protein. I have done a lot of cleansing, fasting, green juice plus zeolite fasting, (various Zeolites, until I settled on my favorite one which is Quantum)....

I do FIR (far infra red) daily.....use Magnascent iodine, been eating sea vegetables almost daily since I was 12 years old.......avoid raw cruciferous vegetables eat raw butter which is good for thyroid,.......I... do yoga, rebound, etc; too munerous to list here....
got my mouth cleaned up with a biological DDS

My thyroid plummeted when I went raw vegan for 3 years....prior to that I ate a high raw diet with select animal food and was fine......so I went back to that.....plus select herbs (ashwaganda, mushrooms, Quantum's B etc)
Hello Eleni,

I thought I was a purist...I hope you don't mind that I copied everything you wrote and put it in my own personal Word file. I intend to mimic some of your routines in order to improve on what I am already doing.

Don't you find that raw meat, like steak tartare and certain sashimi go down better than thoroughly cooked meats? Do you also make your own meat broths?

I have seaweed I purchased from a Korean market and keep forgetting to put it in my broths. It takes some getting used to.

Have you tried the spelt bread.

I have not seen raw butter at the organic market. Organic butter here in Toronto is about $10 a pound, double the price.

What is your take on olive oil?

My body also thinks lard is okay too. How about yours?

Have you tried Adzuki beans?
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:59 AM   #40
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

....ooops
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:03 AM   #41
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

I just couldn't resist this one

Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:38 AM   #42
eleni
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis5 View Post
Hello Eleni,

I thought I was a purist...I hope you don't mind that I copied everything you wrote and put it in my own personal Word file. I intend to mimic some of your routines in order to improve on what I am already doing.

Don't you find that raw meat, like steak tartare and certain sashimi go down better than thoroughly cooked meats? Do you also make your own meat broths?

I have seaweed I purchased from a Korean market and keep forgetting to put it in my broths. It takes some getting used to.

Have you tried the spelt bread.

I have not seen raw butter at the organic market. Organic butter here in Toronto is about $10 a pound, double the price.

What is your take on olive oil?

My body also thinks lard is okay too. How about yours?

Have you tried Adzuki beans?
Hi,

I don't eat meat anymore......but when I ate it , I ate it raw- went raw primal for 4 years after doing NT , I cannot digest cooked meat.....same with fish although lightly cooked light/white fish is fine for me.....

I make my own butter from raw grass fed cream or I buy it from same farm...same goes with kefir which I make from raw goat milk.....

I have celiac and don't do anything with gluten, as much as I would love some home- made sourdough spelt bread...I have to pass.......

I have never eaten lard nor any pork product (I grew up almost vegan- had raw milk a few times per year and tasted raw elk meat when I was 23 years old for first time......)

Sally Fallon followers big on lard....I have friends into that and I did NT minus pork for one pregnancy.......gained a lot of weight but had a baby in under and hour total labor and delivery and it was completely painless.....
NT too heavy on grains and animal products for me........like other aspected of it though....

I like the nutritional philosophies of Nora Gedguada's (Primal Body/Primal Mind) and Donna Gates (Body Ecology) both philosophies are very low in sugars and high in vegetables with some high quality animal proteins and fats from wild and grass fed sources.....

Aduki beans- I used to be a macrobiotic teacher many years ago and ate a lot of aduki beans......I personally don't eat beans or grains........sometimes I will sprout or soak a psuedo grain like amaranth,buckwheat or qunioa and make a raw granola etc; like I did today .......

I use olive oil but gain weight from using it frequently....Sally is correct on that.....I use hemp oil too.....

My body prefers saturated fat such as butter and coconut oil over monosaturates but of course I use those too......I like avocado oil as well and then there's sercha inchi oil...and mac nut oil.......the list goes on.....

I used to make broths but have not in years.....I went back to veganism after that and then a year ago started eating goat dairy and then egg and some fish so no longer vegan......meat doesn't appeal to me......some people thrive on grass fed meats.....everyone has to find out what works for them......

Last edited by eleni; 01-07-2010 at 05:43 AM.
eleni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:10 PM   #43
FIIISH
Avalon Senior Member

Default Beans?

Quote:
I personally don't eat beans
Eleni,

I have recently heard others say this.

Would you mind sharing your reason for this?

For about a year now, I have used beans, nuts, seeds,
and non-meat animal protein to replace much of the
meat in my diet-with very good results.

I can't seem to find much negative info about legumes
via Google.

Much thanks...

FIIISH
FIIISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:26 PM   #44
Swanny
I dont need a label !

I've eaten beans all my life

I tried to find some coconut oil in my town. Only place that had it was holland and barrett and they wanted £12 for a pot

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pag...690&prodid=733
£3 cheaper online

Quote:
Holland & Barrett - Pure Coconut Oil
The sweet aroma and rich taste of coconuts can be yours with Holland & Barrett Coconut Oil. This versatile oil is made from coconuts and can be used on salads, for cooking or can be used as a body moisturiser.
Anyone know of a good place to buy it in England???
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:36 PM   #45
mu2143
Avalon Senior Member

Talking Re: The Coconut Diet™ - Thyroid Health A Key to Weight Loss

Yep thats the normal price for good quality coconut oil. I purchased a large one that was 1700ml for 40 euros. Don't think you wil get it cheap and good quality !!!!

Quote:
I tried to find some coconut oil in my town. Only place that had it was holland and barrett and they wanted £12 for a pot
Old 01-07-2010, 06:13 PM   #46
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

good organic coconut oil, is worth its weight in gold

we buy NUi type, IT'S about $40 for 1000ml
(and, sometimes, it goes on sale for $29)
it might be sold on ebay ???

and, we might go thru one tub, in a year

(it is amasing on body skin / and, hair -although we like neways products
for skin care/cleaning etc., www.ineways.com/workingwonders)

we look mid 30's at 50+

on the subject of cost - i'd rather get front loaded early
and, be over 50 with NO problems,
than, be 29, and, be a wreck, due to what we have eaten

my brother-who is only 46-is a wreck
his wife, who is only 40-is currently carrying about 60% body fat
and, both of their kids, are always sick

you only need to eXplore, their diets, to know why

ALSO, what you wash your clothes in,
rubs up against your skin

for every silver filling you have - add, 1 type of dis_ease to your rooster
that will eventually manifest

and, the quality of water - that is likely, THE MOST important

drinking about 1 oz of water, for every 2 lbs of you

more, if you can handle it

(and, surprisingly those who say, i can't drink water, because,
i have to go to the bathroom too much)
remember this, if you got to pee,
it is because, something is in your body,
that NEEDS to get out

did you know, diahara happens, so, you do NOT double process
things, that are harmful to you, so, in fact, if you ever get that
it is actually GOOD !!!

IF that stuff continued on its way, through the lower channels,
you would likely get very sick, and, might even die

IF you explore - bulk buying; and; making many things organically
yourself - it is actually cheaper-to cook things, from scratch
(and, NOT get them, from a box)

also if you muscle test - organic greens vs, reg. greens
you can immediately; sense the difference between them

you can also muscle test-absolutely anything,
even just holding the bottle it is in, to discern,
whether or NOT, something would be good for you

iT iS Better, to pay attention NOW, rather than have to pay attention later
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:18 PM   #47
eleni
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Beans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIIISH View Post
Eleni,

via Google.

Much thanks...

FIIISH
I don't eat them because I don't like they way I feel from eating them..they feel dense and heavy like grain........many people have ommitted grains and beans from their diet for health purposes (following a lower carbohydrate type approach...) Grains and beans and even beans alone (without eating any grain in the diet as I have experimented) dlways made me feel tired and weighted........for denser foods I eat yams/winter squash on occasion and while being high in carbs/sugars I found that if I stick to half of one am fine.

I also stick to food combining 100% of the time........

Tropical Traditions is running specials now on coconut oil..........http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/vi...oconut_oil.htm

Also don't forget other fantastic health giving foods made from coconut.......

Coconut creme......coconut water.........coconut mylk (which I make from dried raw coconut shreds) coconut kefir - absolutely fantastic for the gut/immune system........

Coconut is very versatile.......and yummy.........use on skin.......use for oil pulling (we do this every morning)............

Pets love it in their food....my cats go crazy for coconut oil/mylk........and it's really good for them.........

Last edited by eleni; 01-07-2010 at 06:26 PM.
eleni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:10 AM   #48
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIIISH View Post
Eleni,

via Google.

Much thanks...

FIIISH
All my friends and relatives who are "A" blood types and especially of East Indian origin friends seem to thrive on a variety of beans, legumes, lentils. Personally I think my body would sicken if I ate beans as much as they can.
My mom was "A" blood type and I was always sickly until I left home and started eating more meat.

When I do eat adzuki beans or black-eyed peas or lima beans I soak them and discard the water.

Softly boiled (or raw) meats and cold water fishes make my body purr along. It's not a religion or moral choice, just a practicality of genetic preference.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:13 AM   #49
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Just discovered pumpkin seed butter -- yummy. Even better when extended with butter.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:19 AM   #50
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleni View Post
I don't eat them because I don't like they way I feel from eating them..they feel dense and heavy like grain........many people have ommitted grains and beans from their diet for health purposes (following a lower carbohydrate type approach...) Grains and beans and even beans alone (without eating any grain in the diet as I have experimented) dlways made me feel tired and weighted........for denser foods I eat yams/winter squash on occasion and while being high in carbs/sugars I found that if I stick to half of one am fine.

I also stick to food combining 100% of the time........

Tropical Traditions is running specials now on coconut oil..........http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/vi...oconut_oil.htm

Also don't forget other fantastic health giving foods made from coconut.......

Coconut creme......coconut water.........coconut mylk (which I make from dried raw coconut shreds) coconut kefir - absolutely fantastic for the gut/immune system........

Coconut is very versatile.......and yummy.........use on skin.......use for oil pulling (we do this every morning)............

Pets love it in their food....my cats go crazy for coconut oil/mylk........and it's really good for them.........

Oil Pulling