Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 09-16-2008, 10:22 PM   #1
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Default Antarctica

I've just recently noticed multi-country bases on the south pole, why, is there really that much to study on a block of ice? or is it simply to stake a claim? All seems very strange to me. Please comment!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:40 PM   #2
Soul Sequence
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Antarctica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
I've just recently noticed multi-country bases on the south pole, why, is there really that much to study on a block of ice? or is it simply to stake a claim? All seems very strange to me. Please comment!
Hey Dan, that is interesting, in your research, have you any links or supposed military installations or are they sticking with the official "joint scientific experiments"? I am aware that a treaty was signed in 1959 by twelve countries; to date, forty-six countries have signed the treaty. The treaty prohibits military activities and mineral mining, supports scientific research, and protects the continent's ecozone. Ongoing experiments are conducted by more than 4,000 scientists of many nationalities and with different research interests. (source: Wikipedia)
but another interesting tidbit of info from Wikipedia - At 14.4 million km² (5.4 million sq mi), it is the fifth-largest continent in area after Eurasia, Africa, North America, and South America.
Could be possible that if one believes a poleshift to occur, the climate in this region will become much warmer. Currently, there are no "official" residents of this southern region, only ongoing scientific experiments.
Soul Sequence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:49 PM   #3
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Wow, thanks for that and I too have heard of the treaty, and no I have no info on military installations and yes they are sticking to scientific reasons. I just thought using common sense that some of those involved, like India for example was just pure strange! You might be right regarding pole shifts,hmmm... Just doesn't seem like there would be that much to study for so many to be involved, and for so long!
Old 09-16-2008, 11:07 PM   #4
Soul Sequence
Avalon Senior Member

If you also may have followed the "hollow earth theory", combining with all the official stories.....being that, supposedly, no one is allowed to reside there, would also give creedence that it is possible that this region may have been made more accessible to the "world below us"....would explain the joint multiple countries involved there, and a place far enough out of the "layman's reach, to further investigate.....till we get or can find whistle blowers.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:15 PM   #5
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Very good point and well taken, but due to the limited number of people involved in the south pole project I think it would be very hard to find a whistle blower, but let's hope! I wish Bill or Kerry would check this thread and add anything they can to it. Thanks
Old 09-17-2008, 01:31 AM   #6
QUESTINY
Avalon Senior Member

I do know that At McMurdo in December the scientists/researchers are allowed to take a trek to the South Pole. This might be another cover to hide the true South Pole from the one set up by the the Military?

This way the scientists can say the Hollow Earth theory is unfounded because they have seen the Pole with their own eyes.
QUESTINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:38 AM   #7
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Just throwing out there, big reason to scientific research is ice cores. They tell us 'supposedly' a ton of our planets history. There's also been a big study going on with an underground lake, as the ice pressure is so great on top that the water can't remain frozen underneath so it creates a lake. Big interest is there life down there?

Being an archeologist, I wanna jump on the AvP band wagon w/ a bit of the hollow earth theory on the side, and check it out for myself.

I have a really good friend of the family who is a scientist down there and has been living there. Hopefully I can talk to her sometime soon haha.
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:46 AM   #8
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks Q, hey I see you changed your avatar, very calming, reminds me of growing up in Minnesota. I guess I'm just confused as to why so much interest in research there. Like I said, how much can you study a block of ice besides the obvious usual tests, and didn't they do all these tests at the north pole? The whole concept just seems strange that all these countries want to be involved. Unless it is just to get a piece of the pie!
Old 09-17-2008, 01:49 AM   #9
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregorArturo View Post
Just throwing out there, big reason to scientific research is ice cores. They tell us 'supposedly' a ton of our planets history. There's also been a big study going on with an underground lake, as the ice pressure is so great on top that the water can't remain frozen underneath so it creates a lake. Big interest is there life down there?

Being an archeologist, I wanna jump on the AvP band wagon w/ a bit of the hollow earth theory on the side, and check it out for myself.

I have a really good friend of the family who is a scientist down there and has been living there. Hopefully I can talk to her sometime soon haha.
Thanks Gregor, I am really curious anything will help
Old 09-17-2008, 01:53 AM   #10
danny
Avalon Senior Member

i dont remember exactly where i read that they had drilled core samples from the dome over the lake and there were bacteria and the like..they said in that article that they didnt drill through cause they didnt want to contaminate the ecosystem. in another side there is a large magnetic anomoly under the ice beside the lake.kinda reminicent of 2001 odessey. also hitler supposedly had a base there with god knows who from god knows where, but thats just hear say
danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:53 AM   #11
Soul Sequence
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

One of the best things about networking on forums like this, is that we tend to always find someone that can either add to a certain topic of interest with a clearer outlook or may be in close contact with someone that can. This greatly helps all of us in our constant attempts to weed thru real info and disinfo...........Always, any light shed on what real going on's is most welcome. Thank you Gregor for that addition and hope and pray your contacts are always safe.
Regards and Blessings
Old 09-17-2008, 02:20 AM   #12
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny View Post
i dont remember exactly where i read that they had drilled core samples from the dome over the lake and there were bacteria and the like..they said in that article that they didnt drill through cause they didnt want to contaminate the ecosystem. in another side there is a large magnetic anomoly under the ice beside the lake.kinda reminicent of 2001 odessey. also hitler supposedly had a base there with god knows who from god knows where, but thats just hear say
Thanks Danny, I've heard about the same stuff you just said, I wonder what that magnetic thing is all about? I hope we can find out more! Dan
Old 09-17-2008, 02:51 AM   #13
QUESTINY
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Thanks Q, hey I see you changed your avatar, very calming, reminds me of growing up in Minnesota. I guess I'm just confused as to why so much interest in research there. Like I said, how much can you study a block of ice besides the obvious usual tests, and didn't they do all these tests at the north pole? The whole concept just seems strange that all these countries want to be involved. Unless it is just to get a piece of the pie!
There is a tremendous amount of untapped resources there as well.
QUESTINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:58 AM   #14
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUESTINY View Post
There is a tremendous amount of untapped resources there as well.
I hope your not talking about fossil fuels, that's all we need to do is drain that place too, speaking of which, why are we growing corn to make fuel when there's people starving in the world? Talk about brain farts! P.S. I love that Nebraska corn!
Old 09-17-2008, 03:07 AM   #15
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Ya I can only imagine the untapped resources, minerals and oil. But the ruins I tell you, the ruins!

Ya biofuels are considered to be the death of us by many agricultural advisors/scientists/smart people. It's interested tequila prices are supposedly going up cause there pushing aside agave for biofuel crops.

It would be awesome if you hydroponically grow plants in snow, then it would be one hell of a hell ya to Antarctica!
Old 09-17-2008, 03:09 AM   #16
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Ya I can only imagine the untapped resources, minerals and oil. But the ruins I tell you, the ruins!

Ya biofuels are considered to be the death of us by many agricultural advisors/scientists/smart people. It's interested tequila prices are supposedly going up cause there pushing aside agave for biofuel crops.

It would be awesome if you hydroponically grow plants in snow, then it would be one hell of a hell ya to Antarctica!
Wow

Last edited by Dantheman62; 09-17-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:14 AM   #17
Soul Sequence
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Gregor, What type of ruins are you referring to? Anything that you've researched and can share?
Old 09-17-2008, 03:29 AM   #18
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

I had an opportunity to go down there at univ. on the British Ant. survey team-that's another story.I'm sure there's alot of 'stuff' happening down there from observatorial work (nibiru?),surveys,meteorite findings,global weather changes,ice coring/dating,auroral research,O3 monitoring etc. etc.And then there's the other,meaty stuff,nazi UFOs,hollow earth theories,Admiral Byrd stuff.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:32 AM   #19
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antaletriangle View Post
I had an opportunity to go down there at univ. on the British Ant. survey team-that's another story.I'm sure there's alot of 'stuff' happening down there from observatorial work (nibiru?),surveys,meteorite findings,global weather changes,ice coring/dating,auroral research,O3 monitoring etc. etc.And then there's the other,meaty stuff,nazi UFOs,hollow earth theories,Admiral Byrd stuff.
Thanks for the addition to my thread , I guess my curiosity is getting to me, PEACE, Dan
Old 09-17-2008, 12:48 PM   #20
vesta
Avalon Senior Member

Hi all,

can I refer you to my thread:

What was so important???
http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1803

Perhaps there is some commonality between our questions Dantheman62 - I would suggest perhaps with some others assistance we could work towards the answers we both have about this icy continent......

Love & light,

Vesta.
vesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:06 PM   #21
Operator
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Hi,

I saw some discussion here ... but do not have the time to read it all and searched for the word 'berlin'. I didn't find it,
so perhaps the following link may be interesting for those who didn't find it yet on Project Camelot. And because we're
in good international company there may even be someone to actually want to translate it from German to English.

I am able to read it but did not find time to translate it ... (sorry).

The 'New Berlin' base: Nazis in the Antarctic

Good luck all of you ...
Operator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:11 PM   #22
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Oh, the ruins are pure speculation but I can almost guarantee there is something there. I was also sorta basing the idea off the bad yet good movie Aliens versus Predators.

Current theory is the that ice has covered the continent for about 15 million years. This is why I said earlier in the thread why ice core samples might be inaccurate because of previous human knowledge.

There's a very infamous map called the Piri Reis Map which details the coastline of the Americas. The interesting part, is the coast continues down to what many scholars believe is an incorrect scale/representation of Antarctica, and also I believe this is when it was supposedly ice free. That part of Antarctica could have been ice free as early as 4000 BC I believe, so there's some conflicting data/speculation. You can check it out, interesting story about a man Hapgood who discovered the map, research it along with many others and wrote the book Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings (I believe that is its name).

Anyways, the icing of Antarctica is a very controversial debate for the most part, as continental drift/tectonic plate theory is also up in the air. However, if Antarctica was ice free, it would dramatically affect sea levels, so in my opinion the earliest it could be even considered ice free to some extent has to be before 6000 BC, and at most 12000 BC (Most ice melting from the ice age occurred 10k-6k BC), cause otherwise the sea levels would be dramatically different from what we know them, or yet again, SUPPOSEDLY know/theorize.

Throughout history though, there is a myth about a great unknown 'Southern Land'. Many have speculated this could of been Atlantis.