Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:24 PM   #1
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Default usa-john tate/ron paul - URGENT HEALTH CARE BILL

http://www.chooseliberty.org/hcaudio2.aspx?pid=s02
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:25 PM   #2
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: usa-john tate/ron paul - urgent

Dear Susan:

It appears this is the week that the fight over Barack Obama’s government takeover of health care will finally come to a head on Capitol Hill.

With critical votes possibly coming in the next few days, it's never been more important patriots like you be ready for battle.

That’s why I recently sat down with C4L President John Tate to record this very important audio briefing for you.

If you have not yet listened to it, please click the image/link below to hear our message, and then take action right away to stop “Obamacare” before it’s too late.

Thanks in advance for your support in this critical fight.

In Liberty,

Congressman Ron Paul

P.S. After you've listened to this important audio briefing, please be sure to sign the petition Campaign for Liberty has provided for you.

(link above)
Old 03-16-2010, 11:33 PM   #3
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks so much for posting this here

I did my part and I am going to put it up on facebook if I can

We truly need to stop this rediculous bill
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:40 PM   #4
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

yup - send your $5

let the people, topple them, from their horses
Old 03-16-2010, 11:45 PM   #5
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE eXchanger View Post
yup - send your $5

let the people, topple them, from their horses
Oh dont worry they got my home number, address ....you name it

I got it up on facebook Makes me feel so proud............lots of friends and family there that I know will put their John Hancock on the petition
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:09 AM   #6
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Dear Susan:

It appears this is the week that the fight over Barack Obama’s government takeover of health care will finally come to a head on Capitol Hill.

With critical votes possibly coming in the next few days, it's never been more important patriots like you be ready for battle.

That’s why I recently sat down with C4L President John Tate to record this very important audio briefing for you.

If you have not yet listened to it, please click the image/link below to hear our message, and then take action right away to stop “Obamacare” before it’s too late.

Thanks in advance for your support in this critical fight.

In Liberty,

Congressman Ron Paul

P.S. After you've listened to this important audio briefing, please be sure to sign the petition Campaign for Liberty has provided for you.

(link above)

Exchanger: this is ridiculous....why two posts with the same link about the same subject? Trying to your # of posts up again. I don't believe you will be given a gold medal for the highest # of posts or threads on the forum.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:11 AM   #7
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
Exchanger: this is ridiculous....why two posts with the same link about the same subject? Trying to your # of posts up again. I don't believe you will be given a gold medal for the highest # of posts or threads on the forum.
i was given the link, in an instant message, then got the rest of the information to go with it
~ so, i edited, the link into the letter
(and, you are right - we could have just, edited the 1st post) good point
Old 03-17-2010, 12:15 AM   #8
mkspllmn
Avalon Senior Member

I sighned it. Thanks for the post.
mkspllmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:19 AM   #9
mkspllmn
Avalon Senior Member

I have been re-thinking the Michael material. I must say that I think we do have different aspects. This is not as outlandish as some might think.
mkspllmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:28 PM   #10
Kristoffer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I dont know your history here. But ive been in us and i feel that anything thats not what you have now as a healthcare is utter crap.

The "european" way of healthcare is to treat EVERYBODY as equal, it dosent matter if you are homeless or if you live in hollywood. This is compancated with taxmoney, (frankly i dont have a problem with paying 2% more tax to keep the people that need care healthy) and i dont see why you have such a problem with that?

What you have is "only the rich get to be treated" or the people with insuranses whom theyself are pretty rediqiolous since you have to be superman even to be qualifyed for one.

This system of yours is very unfair to the less fortunate once and what you are basicly promoting is to let the poor be sick and die, while you with good jobs can cure ur illnesses.

What i said i live in Sweden, we have always had free healthcare, we dont have to ask for premision to get operated if we need it. We have a dentalsystem so there is a roof on what youre supposed to pay if you have bad teethe, and no, we dont stave to death here cause of high taxes, we live a good,healty life. And so should all humans on the planet have an opporunity to do.

Listening to your interview it just seems that the dude you interviewed was refering to the european system as something bad, why they do we have less infants death for example than you? is it because we are healtyier? may be so.

Im not trying to promote anything here but you both sound like selfish bastards to be honest. As long as noone you know dies ur all good with it, wait until you get unemployed and get cancer, lets see how fun you think it is then.

Cheers Kristoffer
Kristoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:39 PM   #11
Boober
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristoffer View Post
I dont know your history here. But ive been in us and i feel that anything thats not what you have now as a healthcare is utter crap.

The "european" way of healthcare is to treat EVERYBODY as equal, it dosent matter if you are homeless or if you live in hollywood. This is compancated with taxmoney, (frankly i dont have a problem with paying 2% more tax to keep the people that need care healthy) and i dont see why you have such a problem with that?

What you have is "only the rich get to be treated" or the people with insuranses whom theyself are pretty rediqiolous since you have to be superman even to be qualifyed for one.

This system of yours is very unfair to the less fortunate once and what you are basicly promoting is to let the poor be sick and die, while you with good jobs can cure ur illnesses.

What i said i live in Sweden, we have always had free healthcare, we dont have to ask for premision to get operated if we need it. We have a dentalsystem so there is a roof on what youre supposed to pay if you have bad teethe, and no, we dont stave to death here cause of high taxes, we live a good,healty life. And so should all humans on the planet have an opporunity to do.

Listening to your interview it just seems that the dude you interviewed was refering to the european system as something bad, why they do we have less infants death for example than you? is it because we are healtyier? may be so.

Im not trying to promote anything here but you both sound like selfish bastards to be honest. As long as noone you know dies ur all good with it, wait until you get unemployed and get cancer, lets see how fun you think it is then.

Cheers Kristoffer
lol, awesome. I am to lazy to listen to the interview, but I know the ron paul point of view. And you have to listen to other interviews by him to see what he is talking about when it comes to the overall picture in relation to the PTB. Either way I like your passion, and I think the U.S. is screwed either way. It just comes back to the age old US question the one that we were raised on, pick the lesser of two evils. What? as a kid I always asked what if they are both evil, well then pick the one thats less evil. lol, really how do I....pick one! then this is followed by if you dont like this country then you can get out. They tooook our jaaaabs!!
Boober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:49 PM   #12
Berob24
Avalon Senior Member

I agree with Kristoffer. I think Boober makes a good point as well about listening to where Ron Paul is coming from. I personally haven't listened to a lot of his stuff. I don't affiliate myself with any political party any more.

As far as health care goes though, I don't understand how people can say that not everyone deserves it. Until people give up their love of money and putting themselves first, nothing is going to change. I see opposition to health care reform as being exactly that. People putting themselves and their money first.

I am not happy with the current proposal, but I think something should be done to ensure that everyone gets the health care they need.
Berob24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:57 PM   #13
Boober
Avalon Senior Member

I agree , but the homie Paul is trying to show everyone that the corporations are still going to own healthcare with this new bill, thus its not going to do what everyone thinks it is. Plus , for people like me who cant afford healthcare, even when this bill makes it what 200 a month, which i still cant afford, I cant afford the fine they are going to give me when i dont pay the mandatory healthcare bill, i think the fine is like 90 a month or possiby alot less eitherway. I cant afford either, thus I am losing out with this new bill. Untill I get a little bit of money saved up then I can afford cheap health care. But if you listen to some of Ron Pauls other interviews you will see where the PTB are going to step in and screw this up too. Its all money. This bill is not trying to really help, if it was it would be way different. But at least theres an attempt right? again the lesser of the two evils thing
Boober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:14 PM   #14
Berob24
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for explaining that a little better. I agree with you- I can't afford it either. So what is the answer? There has to be a solution....
Berob24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:20 PM   #15
Kristoffer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berob24 View Post
I agree with Kristoffer. I think Boober makes a good point as well about listening to where Ron Paul is coming from. I personally haven't listened to a lot of his stuff. I don't affiliate myself with any political party any more.

As far as health care goes though, I don't understand how people can say that not everyone deserves it. Until people give up their love of money and putting themselves first, nothing is going to change. I see opposition to health care reform as being exactly that. People putting themselves and their money first.

I am not happy with the current proposal, but I think something should be done to ensure that everyone gets the health care they need.

It comes down to what people havent experienced they are affraid of. He talks that people in "suits" will decide wether ppl are qualifyed or not for healthcare, and that total ********. Im 31 and im born here, and ive never ever had to ask for promision to get treated.

What happens is ..... i get sick..... i go to the hospital and say "hey i got a pain in my arm" they say ... "okey, wait here until we get a doctor free for you" ... the doctor comes out and checks out the arm ... and then if i need medication he writes a recepie, if i need surgery, and its urgent they do it.

You know, i dont know where the hell people get their ideas from. Like you have to fill out a form or something, what the h...l ... if your sick your sick nothing more than that.

Looking at michel moores documentary "sicko" then we can talk about a corrupt system, and people think its good?! A dude has to choose what finger he needs to get reattached ? for like 17k $ ??

Instead he would have gotten his finger reattached for basicly nothing, so stop being so god damn greedy and live as you learn.... dont sit here like some saints telling storys about love..... oh no they are going for my money... now im all up for letting people die cause the dident have the luck to be born in the right family ....

This stuff just makes me go ballistic, signing that petition is like signing for segregation, nazism and hatred.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:02 PM   #16
Devakas
Avalon Senior Member

You are right Kristoffer,

Here in US people are in disease for money. This is why it is so hard to communicate with them.
Any good suggestion, any healthy thought ends up with question about how much it will cost.
Many tax payers are aware and afraid that somebody will come up with clever ideas somehow to steal their money. They don’t love each other, they don’t love neighbor, they don’t care about others. They close eyes when somebody is in trouble. They don’t have the feeling of peace in the way that all in community are taken care. It is long forgotten and not exercised here in America maybe ever.
Not to work and get healed by doctors freaks out americans; some will use excuses to get money from the system and good health care is in their worries. It sickens me also to see that.

They laugh at M. Moore of the facts he pointed out and still find the problems with him, instead of wake up and change of way of thinking.

Money is all about, greed for money as most important survival need is ruling here.
The disease for money should be healed first, to make this country to think better...

Sorry, and no offence Americans. I am from Europe also.

Yeh, I was too harsh….sorry
Devakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #17
Kristoffer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devakas View Post
You are right Kristoffer,

Here in US people are in disease for money. This is why it is so hard to communicate with them.
Any good suggestion, any healthy thought ends up with question about how much it will cost.
Many tax payers are aware and afraid that somebody will come up with clever ideas somehow to steal their money. They don’t love each other, they don’t love neighbor, they don’t care about others. They close eyes when somebody is in trouble. They don’t have the feeling of peace in the way that all in community are taken care. It is long forgotten and not exercised here in America maybe ever.
Not to work and get healed by doctors freaks out americans; some will use excuses to get money from the system and good health care is in their worries. It sickens me also to see that.

They laugh at M. Moore of the facts he pointed out and still find the problems with him, instead of wake up and change of way of thinking.

Money is all about, greed for money as most important survival need is ruling here.
The disease for money should be healed first, to make this country to think better...

Sorry, and no offence Americans. I am from Europe also.

Yeh, I was too harsh….sorry
Hey mate!

Yes the problem is that some may fall threw the crack, but its the same with everything. There will always be someone who uses the system. Now the big phrarma and the big insurance companies are affraid to loose their costumers because people will have a free health care system thats subvensionised by gouverment money.

This ends up that all the privatly owned insurance companies will not have enything to do with peoples health and it scares them. What people dont understand is that what they are doing once people get sick is to look at all the rules how to NOT pay you. So here we have people who still are healthy and they had a cold 5 years back and now they dont get any insurancemoney because they had a cold or some other utter crap.

Money is still king in usa, people still think that they could buy everything. Most americans i say most, not all ofc still live in this tiny box of theirs, they think us is the greatest contry in the whole world, still they can not care for their own. They run out to save the world from all the "terrorists" and they force their belifes upon inocent people who really dident ask for their help.

Us could be so much better than it is, and by changing their healthcaresystem is one step to a better Us for sure.

As you said it might sound harch and all, but people need to wake the f..k up and stop living in their little tiny box of theirs, US needs us europeans aswell as we need the americans. Everybody is as important as the other one. So start to wake up, the world is not a fancy one, stop lying to yourself now.

Cheers Kristoffer
Old 03-18-2010, 05:01 PM   #18
Roman195
Avalon Senior Member

As long as you got Big Pharma running the show, in my opinion, nothing will work;here or in Europe. There are to many good and sincere ideas that are destroyed.

Roman
Roman195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:26 PM   #19
Kristoffer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman195 View Post
As long as you got Big Pharma running the show, in my opinion, nothing will work;here or in Europe. There are to many good and sincere ideas that are destroyed.

Roman
you got that right, but the choise you got here is either to get treated or not get treated. Cause of you economy situation. Ive asked the one that started the thread to reply but she hasent dont this yet. I dont know, may be because she dosent have any answers to the questions i raise. I dont know, i think its a cowards way to put up your opinon and when someone questions it, the flee like rats to the sewer. Its rediqiolous
Old 03-19-2010, 07:02 PM   #20
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

my take on it is its a full govt soviet style takeover and is intended to id everyone if not outright chip them. what of dennis kucinich? he was seen on a plane woth obama having to give in to demands no doubt.

health care is just a mask they are using to push through their nwo agenda. the old system was bad so will the new system be.

Last edited by pineal-pilot-in merkabah; 03-19-2010 at 07:17 PM.
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #21
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Kucinich is signing the bill.

Congressman Kucinich The Health Care Debate Has Been Severly Hampered By FEAR!

"This is not the bill I wanted to support."

"Health Care is a 'right'."

VIDEO (8:33): http://www.youtube.com/user/MoxNewsD...79/URDs5SKTPeI

Kucinich changes mind on bill

VIDEO:
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/pol...iref=allsearch

WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?????

Great Interview for Ron Paul

Ron Paul on John King USA

Posted by Andrew Ward on 03/19/10 2:27 PM

Congressman Paul on John King's new show on CNN discusses health care and the future of the GOP.

"Health Care is not a 'right'."

VIDEO AT SOURCE LINK BELOW OR HERE: http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/pol...iref=allsearch

SOURCE: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=33723

Last edited by peaceandlove; 03-20-2010 at 03:17 PM.
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:41 PM   #22
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

What I believe is we have the 'RIGHT' to foods without chemical additives, to non-genetically modified foods, to non-chemicalized air and the right to choose alternative remedies instead of pharmaceuticals that poison and cause unprecedented deaths and increasing health issues.

Perhaps then, the health care debate would not be such an issue, perhaps then, there would not be so much 'ill health' in this country.

Perhaps if they didn't put aspartame and MSG, etc. in our foods, people would not be so overweight and sickly, and then perhaps if we could choose what insurance company we wanted to use instead of all the regulation the price of insurance and doctor fees would go down.

Perhaps if we had a truly Free Market we would then have a truly Free People.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:14 PM   #23
shybastid
Avalon Senior Member

For the Record.... Here in the U.S.,we have an open door policy at ALL U.S. hospitals to give treatment to anyone who walks through the doors. Legal or Illegal or Nationality is not a prerequest of treatman. We treat EVERYONE.
Having said that, Our hospitals are going broke because of the amount of illegal aliens that come across the border for treatment. We treat them all.
If an illegal comes across the border to deliver their child,that child is now an American citizen and is entitled to Welfare,Food Stamps and free hospital until they are 18years old.
This new health bill does NOT address the additional financial burden that Californians have to endure.. It's not even in the Bill. This cost alone is in the Billions.

> From the L. A. Times
> 1. 40% of all workers in L. A. County ( L. A. County has
> 10.2 million people)are working for cash and not paying
> taxes. This is because they are predominantly illegal
> immigrants working without a green card.
> 2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for
> illegal aliens.
> 3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are
> illegal aliens.
> 4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to
> illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal, whose births were paid
> for by taxpayers.
> 5. Nearly 35% of all inmates in California detention
> centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.
> 6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are
> living in garages.
> 7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles
> are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.
> 8 Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are
> illegal.
> 9. 21 radio stations in L. A.. are Spanish speaking.
> 10.. In L. A. County 5.1 million people speak English, 3.9
> million speak Spanish.
> (There are 10.2 million people in L. A. County . )
>
> (All 10 of the above facts were published in the Los
> Angeles Times)

I have as much compassion as the next person. Please explain why this Health Bill is SUCH a priorty and it does'nt even become enforceable until 2014? Why pay now before we see it in its WHOLE content?
This two party Republican Democrat thing is terrible.
I think the cost of illegl immigration to our country in immediate dollars should be a higher priority to reduce costs.
BUT!!.. Obama is going to grant amnesty to all of them before the next election..and have them vote for him on the Democratic ticket.Terrible.
shybastid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 06:01 PM   #24
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Final health bill omits some of Obama's promises

By ERICA WERNER, Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 51 mins ago

WASHINGTON – It was a bold response to skyrocketing health insurance premiums. President Barack Obama would give federal authorities the power to block unreasonable rate hikes.

Yet when Democrats unveiled the final, incarnation of their health care bill this week, the proposal was nowhere to be found.

Ditto with several Republican ideas that Obama had said he wanted to include after a televised bipartisan summit last month, including a plan by Sen. Tom Coburn of Oklahoma to send investigators disguised as patients to hospitals in search of waste, fraud and abuse.

And those "special deals" that Obama railed against and said he wanted to eliminate? With the exception of two of the most notorious — extra Medicaid money for Nebraska and a carve-out for Florida seniors faced with losing certain extra Medicare benefits — they are all still there.

Continues: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_health...ama_s_promises

House leaders announce $940 billion health-care compromise bill

By Lori Montgomery and Paul Kane
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, March 19, 2010; A01

Pushing toward a Sunday vote that could transform the nation's health-insurance system, House leaders announced a $940 billion compromise Thursday that would extend coverage to the vast majority of Americans, cut billions of dollars from Medicare, and impose new taxes on the wealthy and the well-insured.

Continues: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/wire.php?view=11075

Comment at campaignforliberty link: How long until a band of military dissenters take up their oath to defend the Constitution against domestic enemies and form an attack on members of Congress?

What If YOUR Call Determined the Outcome of Health Care Reform?

Posted by Heather D on 03/20/10 12:55 PM

Many people feel as if calling our legislators and demanding that they vote no on this health care reform package is futile. After all, we've called and emailed, attended Town Halls and rallies and passed out petitions - yet, a vote is still imminent. We've fought the good fight and helped to tip the balance of public opinion, and despite that, Congress continues to press on; is it time to accept defeat?

What if ONE more call or fax is all it will take to bring a representative into the no column?

What if ONE more comment on a local blog causes ONE more person to call their representative?

What if ONE quick trip to your representative's local office makes the difference?

What if defeating the existing Health Care Reform bill relies on YOUR next move?

Please click here to find your representative's contact information: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/congress.php

SOURCE: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=33736
Old 03-20-2010, 06:11 PM   #25
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Phone Calls Continue to Batter Congress

Posted by Matt Holdridge on 03/20/10 12:55 PM

From Roll Call: http://www.rollcall.com/news/44382-1...egate_friendly

Quote:
Members continued to be inundated with phone calls from constituents and interest groups Friday thanks to an impending vote on health care reform this weekend.

Calls to the House numbered close to 100,000 an hour, creating a bottleneck in a phone system only meant to handle 50,000 calls an hour. The chamber has been similarly overloaded for four consecutive days, beginning on Tuesday when radio host Rush Limbaugh told viewers to call the Capitol switchboard phone number.

Jeff Ventura, spokesman for Chief Administrative Officer Dan Beard, said the problem was essentially unsolvable. The issue lies with the capacity of the cables buried underneath the Capitol complex — and even if those could be dug up and replaced, Members simply don’t have enough staff to answer so many calls, he said.

“Our capacity rate is about 50,000 calls an hour, and once we hit the 40,000 mark, we start to get these signals,” he said. “We’re beyond that. There’s no other way to say it other than the system is at capacity.”
This means call your representative's district office or make a personal visit!

Also, encourage the people in your circle of influence to do the same. Now is the time to pull out the stops!

SOURCE: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=33763

Virginia Attorney General: If Dems Ram Obamacare Through House He Will Be in Court Next Week

Posted by dljholt on 03/20/10 12:54 PM

Virginia Attorney General Kenneth T. Cuccinelli, II told Greta Van Susteren on Thursday that if Speaker Nancy Pelosi and democrats use the unconstitutional tactic, deem and pass, to ram Obamacare through.

VIDEO (1:35): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lkni...layer_embedded

Here is the letter Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli sent to Speaker Pelosi:March 17, 2010 SEE LINK BELOW

SOURCE: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=33755

Even the Left is Opposed to the Bill

Posted by Matt Holdridge on 03/20/10 12:54 PM

From the DailyCaller: http://dailycaller.com/2010/03/19/ha...althcare-bill/

Jane Hamsher of the liberal blog firedoglake remains unenthused about the Democrats’ healthcare bill:

Quote:
Real health care reform is the thing we’ve fought for from the start. It is desperately needed. But this bill falls short on many levels, and hurts many people more than it helps.

A middle class family of four making $66,370 will be forced to pay $5,243 per year for insurance. After basic necessities, this leaves them with $8,307 in discretionary income — out of which they would have to cover clothing, credit card and other debt, child care and education costs, in addition to $5,882 in annual out-of-pocket medical expenses for which families will be responsible. Many families who are already struggling to get by would be better off saving the $5,243 in insurance costs and paying their medical expenses directly, rather than being forced to by coverage they can’t afford the co-pays on.
Read the fact sheet that firedoglake put together concerning the bill here: http://static1.firedoglake.com/1/fil...factshcr-2.pdf it's very eyeopening.

SOURCE: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=33741