Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 03-06-2010, 04:37 AM   #1
dragonfly
Avalon Senior Member

Default Discernment

Hello all,

I haven't participated much in posting here but, I really want to right now. I have been following Project Camelot since their first interview with Marshall Masters a few years ago. Every interview, audio and radio show I have absorbed. I've watched daily, this movement that has taken place and it has warmed my heart. Movement of consciousness. They have been a catalyst like no other. I too am on a path for truth. Whatever the heck it really is. Indeed the path is wrought with deception, emotion, and goodness of all imaginable influences. I must say that this recent activity with the different directions of the founders of Camelot does not surprise me at all. I feel it of extreme importance for us to really go back to what resonates within ourselves. It is a deep lesson to behold at this juncture. It is a fork in the road.

Will you feed your ego, or nourish your soul?

What really guides you?

I for one reach for Authenticity. I resonate with Bills message and if you read this Bill, know that I honor your integrity. You have handled yourself very well through the whole of years I've been observing. A patient man indeed!!

All pun intended…..'hats off to you'

I very much look forward to what grows from here forward.

Without Light there can be no shadow.
Contrast is key to learning.
Inner discernment is essential.

Cheers
dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:20 AM   #2
Seafury
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Discernment

I don't know why but I can't stand the term "resonate" as far as deciding that you agree with a certain point of view. I think the problem is that some have decided that you don't need to have discernment, the title of this thread, so long as you resonate with something. As if discernment and resonating are not the same thing, and personally I don't think that they are.

Discernment implies that you are using some kind of intellectual capacity to decide whether something is correct or not.

Resonate implies you "feel" something is correct. Well Kerry resonates with Albert Venczel. And "resonation" with something appears to be completely subjective, which means it means nothing to anyone else.

That would mean to me that there's no use in telling anyone else what you "resonate" with, because it doesn't mean anything to anyone else. And in fact, it doesn't mean anything at all.

Resonating and discernment are two very different things imo.
Seafury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:54 AM   #3
tintagelcave
Avalon Senior Member

Hi there, interesting topic! When I think about discernment and resonance, I guess that resonance is part of a process, an experience. While discernment is the realisation that you feel that this experience works for you or not. I don't think at all it's just mental, for me it's also intuition that is involved.
Even body language, smell and the tone of voice. And very important, being aware of my internal reactions, being a witness to that. And keeping in mind that I can make mistakes, so that I try to be careful in judging. Which is of course confronting me with my judgements.
It's part of every day life, I think, useful in every moment, I always find that this should be taught in education at home and at school.
tintagelcave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:37 PM   #4
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
...Indeed the path is wrought with deception, emotion, and goodness of all imaginable influences. I must say that this recent activity with the different directions of the founders of Camelot does not surprise me at all. I feel it of extreme importance for us to really go back to what resonates within ourselves. It is a deep lesson to behold at this juncture. It is a fork in the road.

Will you feed your ego, or nourish your soul?...

...I for one reach for Authenticity...

Without Light there can be no shadow.
Contrast is key to learning.
Inner discernment is essential...
I agree with your whole post. And especially some little sentences you wrote which are very meaningful to me.

"Contrast is key to learning" there is much to ponder in this sentence. I will hold it for a day!

If I may add to your post: The presence within talks not exclusively with inspiration and intuition, sometimes it talks through emotion as well, it depends how we react to them and how we perceive them. And other times, it talks to us through events, people and all sort of outside means. It's ours to discover. But anyhow, when one is regularly in relation with the heart, it becomes easier to distinguish what comes from the heart from what comes from the Ego.

Great post!

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:43 PM   #5
Richard T
Avalon Senior Member

To discern is to see through. This requires the individual to not be influenced.

To resonate is to feel elevated with something, a usual sign of being influenced with something that coincides with a belief or an aspiration that already exists within the program that stems from the karmic debt that person has contracted.

To discerns must eventually lead to lucidity.

To resonate must eventually lead to experience.

Ancient consciousness was, and is, an experimental consciousness, and was programmed to resonate.

A new consciousness will be purely activated by discernment to eventually escape any experiential framework. It will be purely mental whereas the resonance was purely emotional, therfore animal.
Richard T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:00 PM   #6
hippihillbobbi
Avalon Senior Member

Hi All--

I agree with much that ya'll have already expressed Re: discernment and what it is ..... and i particularly like this statement: "when one is regularly in relation with the heart, it becomes easier to distinguish what comes from the heart from what comes from the Ego."

For me, this reference to "the heart" would translate "higher-self" or God or Holy Spirit within. In my experience, discernment is a process that utilizes ALL the gifts we humans possess -- rational thought, experience-reflected-upon, emotions, intuition, etc. I definitely disagree with you, RichardT, that emotions are somehow 2nd-class human attributes attached to our lower/animal natures. I do believe using emotion ALONE in discernment results in flawed results, but i think they should be considered. Sometimes they may turn out to be a relatively accurate pointer as part of the whole discerment process, and at other times we may realize they need to be transcended to get a clear picture of whatever we're trying to "discern."

So anyway .... my thoughts, for what they're worth.

hippihillbobbi
hippihillbobbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:15 PM   #7
Myplanet2
In The Mists

discern
late 14c., from O.Fr. discerner "distinguish, separate" (by sifting), from L. discernere, from dis- "off, away" + cernere "distinguish, separate, sift" (see crisis). Related: Discerned.

resonate (v.)
1873, from L. resonatum, pp. of resonare (see resonance). Literal at first; fig. sense, of feelings, emotions, etc., by 1978.

resonance
late 15c., from M.Fr. resonance (15c.), from L. resonantia (echo) "echo," from resonare (see resound).

discernment
1580s, from discern + -ment.
skill
c.1175, "power of discernment," from O.N. skil "distinction, discernment," related to skilja (v.) "distinguish, separate," from P.Gmc. *skaljo- "divide, separate" (cf. M.L.G. schillen "to differ;" M.L.G., M.Du. schele "difference;" see shell). Sense of "ability, cleverness" first recorded c.1300.

discriminating (adj.)
"possessing discernment," 1792, from discriminate.

intellect
late 14c., from L. intellectus "discernment, understanding," from pp. stem of intelligere "to understand, discern" (see intelligence).

intelligence
late 14c., "faculty of understanding," from O.Fr. intelligence (12c.), from L. intelligentia "understanding," from intelligentem (nom. intelligens) "discerning," prp. of intelligere "to understand, comprehend," from inter- "between" + legere "choose, pick out, read" (see lecture). Meaning superior understanding, sagacity" is from early 15c. Sense of "information, news" first recorded mid-15c., especially "secret information from spies" (1580s). Intelligence quotient first recorded 1922 (see I.Q.).

judgment
early 13c., "a pronunciation of an opinion, criticism," from O.Fr. jugement (11c.), from jugier (see judge). Meaning "any authoritative decision" is from early 14c. (the Doomsday sense, "trial of moral beings by God," is mid-14c.); meaning "the forming of an opinion" is from late 14c. Sense of "discernment" is first recorded 1530s.

perspicacity
1540s, from M.Fr. perspicacité (15c.), from L.L. perspicacitas "sharp-sightedness, discernment," from L. perspicax "sharp-sighted," from perspicere "look through" (see perspective).

perspective
c.1380, "science of optics," from O.Fr. perspective, from M.L. perspectiva ars "science of optics," from fem. of perspectivus "of sight, optical" from L. perspectus, pp. of perspicere "inspect, look through," from per- "through" + specere "look at" (see scope (1)). Sense of "art of drawing objects so as to give appearance of distance or depth" is first found 1598, influenced by It. prospettiva, an artists' term. The fig. meaning "mental outlook over time" is first recorded 1762.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:35 PM   #8
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Discernment is a tool from within the game. Resonance is a resource (one of many) available for use in discernment, although that isn't is only or primary use.

Discernment would be the ability or an action undertaken, to tell things apart. Since ultimately, there is no "apart" discernment is a lower order tool. But it's vitally necessary at the level of play of Human separated into lower D constructs.

Resonance is the recognition factor. everyone, everything, everything thought, emotion, feeling, action, intention, state of being, condition, wish, desire, and anything else which can be perceived, vibrates. Resonance would then be a frequency matching vibratory syncing. resonance connotes harmony, or same vibration. dissonance connotes disharmony, or vibrating at a non compatible frequency.

People look for resonance, because it shows harmony, or same page-ness.

Discernment is both the seeing separateness, but also the seeing sameness. And it's a scale of differentiation. Similar, for instance, is on the scale on the way from different to same.

In sound and music, there are harmonic resonances. These are places where mathematical relationships between frequency have points of agreement or harmony. Many don't know that a single sounding tone has many harmonics included which give that tone it's colouration or identifying quality. A human voice and violin can both reproduce the frequency of A=440hz. But your ears distinguish between them easily, even though the pitch is the same. This is because each sound has it's own harmonic overtone set of different frequencies and amplitudes and waveshapes. A violin has a bright sound. A flute has a rounder, more mellow sound. Different harmonic resonances, even at the same pitches. Your ears discern the differences between these instruments instantly, by the ability to hear the overtone series all as one thing, instead of as all these separate little things.

So the two are really intertwined, and are not the only aspects which we use to understand our interactions.

We can simply "know" and by pass all the mechanics, but then the game gets pretty boring.

Just like we "hear" the sound band of frequencies, and "see" the light band of frequencies, we also perceive "thought" band, "emotion" band, and probably many more bands of frequencies more akin to intuition than sensing.

I wouldn't mock resonance too much. without it, you're nothing.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:42 PM   #9
Richard T
Avalon Senior Member

If someone says 'I don't live by emotions' most people will say that its a pretty sad state of being. They will say 'this is a boring life you have', or 'I have emotions, therefore I am not a robot', or, in the same vein, you must be a robot.

But in reality, that person knows what his state his and his state, even though he may acknowledge must appear boring to the eyes of most, is not boriing to him. And there is nothing that could convince him to go back to a emotionally induced state of mind.

The same goes with reasonance.

But there is another way to look at reasonance.

What is alike resonates alike.

In regard to this, looking at this humanity, a humanity that is still totally animalized in consciousness, and seeing that it all resonates to its human state, one must wonder why a person with discernment would have any interest in resonating with it. Because what you resonate with is what is like you. And if one is like what there is on this planet today, one is primitive by universal standards.

It is pointless to mock a word or to mock a person that resonates. The only thing valid is information and it is only valid if the person receiving the information has the ability to really discern. Otherwise, that person is guessing that if it resonates with him/her, then surely its good, surely its fine because that person, especially if spiritually minded, will figure that there nothing wrong with something that resonates 'good' or 'love' to herself.

One day people will be forced to destroy all words and infuse the forms, the words, with a new spirit that will shed light rather than simply categorise for the benefit of an intellectual comparative analysis.

Words are only conditioning aspects of the human experience so long as they are only representative of a memory. Spirit is not a memory, and today the spirit of the word has been dead too long already.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:54 PM   #10
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

The resonance phenomena that one experiences in the depths within, is not and emotional reaction - well it isnt for me - and I can tell you that is its the only 100% accurate tool for discernment you have available in 3D

AJ..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:09 PM   #11
Richard T
Avalon Senior Member

Hello Anchor.

Then you should define what resonance is to you.
Normally I would differ for the simple reason that if what has been considered 'reasonance' so far on this planet had had any validity whatsoever, we would not be on such a primitive planet today.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:41 PM   #12
dragonfly
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
The resonance phenomena that one experiences in the depths within, is not and emotional reaction - well it isnt for me - and I can tell you that is its the only 100% accurate tool for discernment you have available in 3D
Thank you Anchor. That is my point.

Kinesiology anyone? Just, in a much deeper sense. The energy that powers our body already knows truth. It’s getting beyond the filters and the egoic mind that muck things up. Granted our truths may be different. Beliefs are made of the mind and entangled with emotion, as can our spiritual experiences be, however….in my honest opinion, this is because everything we experience here goes through this filter. The processor we have to work with in this 3D world, as you say. If we learn to trust how it (whatever it is) makes us “feel” inside our bodies without embracing any emotion, leave judgment out of the whole thing, you just may find some soul nourishing liberation.

Or not.

Thanks for sharing everyone. I know we are all so very different. Or....?
Old 03-06-2010, 11:47 PM   #13
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, Seafury is correct, Discernment and Resonance are two completely different things, I totally agree.
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:50 PM   #14
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
I haven't participated much in posting here but, I really want to right now.
Welcome to Avalon dragonfly, I look forward to more of your posts
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:50 PM   #15
Richard T
Avalon Senior Member

Hello Dragonfly.

We must be aware of the laws that govern this body, of the realm it belongs to, of who made it, how and why, of the rules of connection between the soul and that body and so on.

We must be aware of what a soul really is, of the realm it belongs to, who made it, and for what particular purpose, and so on.

I say this often, but it is fundamental: If the laws behind the evolution of the soul were laws that were pro-human, what is here would be different. Those laws are not pro-human and the soul is an investment in an agenda that is separate from the ultimate reality of an individual.

Soul is a word that like spirit, god and all other archetypes, is hypercharged with conditioned memories and values.

People talk of paradigm shift. Fine.

But lets not kid ourselves, a paradigm shift does not mean just another hue of the same old thing.

Consciousness will not be the same, therefore it will be extirpated from the laws that command all senses afforded by consciousness as it is known today. Not the same does not mean just more trippy, it means the total destruction of what is so that something else can become.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:51 PM   #16
dragonfly
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorion View Post
Discernment and Resonance are two completely different things, I totally agree.
I agree also. Discernment comes in to decipher if it is truly resonance, or a trick of .....you know. They totally work together if allowed. But yes, different.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:08 AM   #17
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard T View Post
Hello Dragonfly.

We must be aware of the laws that govern this body, of the realm it belongs to, of who made it, how and why, of the rules of connection between the soul and that body and so on. why must we?

We must be aware of what a soul really is, of the realm it belongs to, who made it, and for what particular purpose, and so on. Again, why must we?

I say this often, but it is fundamental: If the laws behind the evolution of the soul were laws that were pro-human, what is here would be different.Why assume this? Those laws are not pro-human and the soul is an investment in an agenda that is separate from the ultimate reality of an individual.Why?

Soul is a word that like spirit, god and all other archetypes, is hypercharged with conditioned memories and values.

People talk of paradigm shift. Fine.

But lets not kid ourselves, a paradigm shift does not mean just another hue of the same old thing.

Consciousness will not be the same, therefore it will be extirpated from the laws that command all senses afforded by consciousness as it is known today. Why? Not the same does not mean just more trippy, it means the total destruction of what is so that something else can become. Why, why why?
I can't see how or why you jump to the conclusions that you draw. Why do you assume all of these things, and then state them as if they were obvious facts. It doesn't make any sense. I can only infer that you draw these conclusions based on some unstated frame of reference you hold to be true, and without knowing the details, I'd conclude that it must have a pretty dim view of who and what we really are.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:25 AM   #18
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

Talking Re: Discernment

Within the short history of project avalon many doomsday predictions have been made, at the beginning alarm bells went off, soon enough we begin to realize that many of the information is in fact standing on shaky ground at best. Experience, wisdom of the heart combine with good old common sense must be used specially with the doomsday info, by now those that follow project camelot know that some of the information is hard to swallow, myself I research the information that interest me the rest I simply discard. Both Bill and Kerry have done an overall good job and I salute them and thank them, I know they are also a target for tptw to discredit their work through the many disinfo agents that contact them. Bill and Kerry are not perfect so as we have witness they have gotten burn by many that they have consider dear friends and this have cause some internal problems within their relationship. Project Avalon has become a gem, because it has become the home of many precious souls and together we have grown past the doomsday predictions, and I hope that this will continue way past 2012.

Blessings to all.
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:59 PM   #19
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard T View Post
Hello Anchor.

Then you should define what resonance is to you.
Normally I would differ for the simple reason that if what has been considered 'reasonance' so far on this planet had had any validity whatsoever, we would not be on such a primitive planet today.

I will try.

Within us, in that place where you and I are one being, we have access to the entire set of all wisdom that exists.

In the context of being an immediate pre-cursor to discernment, resonance is the inner ringing of the bell -TRUTH - received wisdom is tested for this resonance.

The veil of forgetting ensures that we don't have direct access to the complete Wisdom directly, so we use this subtle and hard to grasp trait in our beings to perform the test - it needs a lot of practice and no-one said it was particularly easy. Sometimes the ringing is not heard among the clanging!

AJ..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:30 PM   #20
hippihillbobbi
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=Anchor;250702]I will try.

"Within us, in that place where you and I are one being, we have access to the entire set of all wisdom that exists."

"In the context of being an immediate pre-cursor to discernment, resonance is the inner ringing of the bell -TRUTH - received wisdom is tested for this resonance."

"The veil of forgetting ensures that we don't have direct access to the complete Wisdom directly, so we use this subtle and hard to grasp trait in our beings to perform the test - it needs a lot of practice and no-one said it was particularly easy. Sometimes the ringing is not heard among the clanging!"

Well Said, Anchor!
hippihillbobbi
hippihillbobbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:36 PM   #21
Richard T
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
I will try.

Within us, in that place where you and I are one being, we have access to the entire set of all wisdom that exists.

In the context of being an immediate pre-cursor to discernment, resonance is the inner ringing of the bell -TRUTH - received wisdom is tested for this resonance.

The veil of forgetting ensures that we don't have direct access to the complete Wisdom directly, so we use this subtle and hard to grasp trait in our beings to perform the test - it needs a lot of practice and no-one said it was particularly easy. Sometimes the ringing is not heard among the clanging!

AJ..
Thank you for your answer Anchor,

I will agree that within us is a place where access to a science of another order can be accessed, although there are conditions to this. But I will not agree that in that centre we are one. although from that centre access to the energy that we call intelligence, that is universal and prepersonal, is available and belongs to no one in particular.

So far as I am concerned, there can be no truth except for a psychological personality, which means for a subjective personality, as all personalities are unless they are wilful constructions used to create specific impressions, which is extremely rare.

Truth to me is a trap. It is not a novelty. People have been searching for truth for untold eons, they have been defining truth, but always in relationship to the governing laws of the consciousness paradigm to which they were attached. This has been the case ever since man lost contact with his reality. Truths have evolved, they have been refined, but the ancient truths, those that today are dead, had still the right 'ring' to them in their days.

Wisdom is but the summation of the consciousness of failure as it accumulates within the ego through the ages and forces him to admit the limits of his power. It is the flower grown from powerlessness that we like to smell and admire. It is the subject of the philosophers' praises as they see in it the confirmation of their sense of rightness, of their impression of being right, this very impression that has replaced the right to know, to really know, and to edict one's own right to live his own life rather than exist and experimental condition.

Wisdom is not enough because it caps the mind within the illusion of being right already, making the individual seek what he already perceives to be right through his emotionally polarized point of view. And from there can this man find the truth he was already seeking, since it already conformed to this frame of mind making it superfluous to change that frame of reference and go beyond what that frame of reference renders possible.

We tend to think from memories, we use our intellect to parse, categorize and comparatively analyze memories, and this creates the impression that beyond the memories of the experience exists the memories of a reality. But we could also consider that a memory of that order is not related to the impressions left by memories of the experience, as they are perceived during devolution.

We might pause and consider that the mess we are in is closely correlated to the architecture of the human mind as it has stood since it was infused here. And that this means that a consciousness of another order has and cannot have any relevance to a simply experimental consciousness.

For a new order to be born, and I am not talking about the NWO here, for that order to be born, the ancient one must be put down. And this ancient order is not around us, it is within us. It lives from all the concepts, all the ideas, all the thought forms, all the archetypes, everything that were held for truth, everything that made people small creatures, everything that stripped the individual of his fundamental human rights.

It matters not if it is political or religious, it all serves the same purpose. All forms that were used during devolution had for purpose to attract peoples' mind like light attracts bugs at night. And the mind has been in deep night and grasped for any light ahead, never wondering what could be hidden behind it. Never allowing itself to confront it, to test it, to order it, but instead allowing it to confront him, to test him and to order him.

Why? Because the mind had lost contact with its source, with its own light that is.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:23 PM   #22
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

One mans discernment etc.

Till I read "Power vs Force" I though I had some discernment.
Well yes some but!!!
One of the statements in the book is that "Man has been incapable of telling truth from false hood" that really caught my attention. I thought I knew the difference.
So does everyone else think they know truth from false hood and that is the problem.

So why have so many innocents been led into wars?
Propaganda ---- Gobels If you tell a lie often enough people will believe it. They did millions were killed/died over not being able to tell the difference. They followed their hearts, they killed, they died.
Dr Hawkins in the various books he has written takes us face to face with truth.
He is a famous Psychiatrist and knows the ego and the working of the mind as well as anyone on the planet at the moment.

People might get fed up with me promoting the book but if they read it an awful lot would fall into place. It did for me.
Pasted from the publisher of his books.

Dr. David R. Hawkins, M.D., Ph.D.

Dr. Hawkins is an internationally renowned psychiatrist, physician, researcher, and pioneer in the fields of consciousness research and spirituality. He writes and teaches from the unique perspective of an experienced clinician, scientist, and mystic and is devoted to the spiritual evolution of mankind.

Publisher link.
http://www.veritaspub.com/

Regards Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:10 AM   #23
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Samuel View Post
Within the short history of project avalon many doomsday predictions have been made, at the beginning alarm bells went off, soon enough we begin to realize that many of the information is in fact standing on shaky ground at best. Experience, wisdom of the heart combine with good old common sense must be used specially with the doomsday info, by now those that follow project camelot know that some of the information is hard to swallow, myself I research the information that interest me the rest I simply discard. Both Bill and Kerry have done an overall good job and I salute them and thank them, I know they are also a target for tptw to discredit their work through the many disinfo agents that contact them. Bill and Kerry are not perfect so as we have witness they have gotten burn by many that they have consider dear friends and this have cause some internal problems within their relationship. Project Avalon has become a gem, because it has become the home of many precious souls and together we have grown past the doomsday predictions, and I hope that this will continue way past 2012.

Blessings to all.
Yes Frank
Your a precious soul
Always a good word comes from you.
Not a lot of discernment going on at the moment but I put that down to the energy.
If it can create earth quakes of great magnitude Im not surprised that people are edgy to sty the least.
With love
Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:22 AM   #24
3optic
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafury View Post
I don't know why but I can't stand the term "resonate" as far as deciding that you agree with a certain point of view. I think the problem is that some have decided that you don't need to have discernment, the title of this thread, so long as you resonate with something. As if discernment and resonating are not the same thing, and personally I don't think that they are.

Discernment implies that you are using some kind of intellectual capacity to decide whether something is correct or not.

Resonate implies you "feel" something is correct. Well Kerry resonates with Albert Venczel. And "resonation" with something appears to be completely subjective, which means it means nothing to anyone else.

That would mean to me that there's no use in telling anyone else what you "resonate" with, because it doesn't mean anything to anyone else. And in fact, it doesn't mean anything at all.

Resonating and discernment are two very different things imo.
I agree that they are different things and that somehow a thread on discernment became one on resonance. How did that happen?

I don't share your bias however. I'm guessing the reason you can't stand the term may be due to it's recent overuse. Maybe we substitute intuit here.

Whatever. It seems to me that there is a tendency in these topics to get a little naive and, erm lacking in discerment.

So is discernment reliant on the intellect?

Not at all. In fact it's not limited to rational thought exclusively but to perception which is cognitive.

Cognition is not always rational.

cognition |ˌkägˈni sh ən|
noun
the mental action or process of acquiring knowledge and understanding through thought, experience, and the senses.
• a result of this; a perception, sensation, notion, or intuition.

Aha!
Here's the Oxford definition for discerment:

dis·cern·ment / diˈsərnmənt/
• n. 1. the ability to judge well: an astonishing lack of discernment.
2. (in Christian contexts) perception in the absence of judgment with a view to obtaining spiritual direction and understanding: without providing for a time of healing and discernment, there will be no hope of living through this present moment without a shattering of our common life.

Hmm. The first definition seems to support your view. But the second is interesting.. in fact the 2 completely contradict one another! WTF???

Very good thread. I'm going to have to come back to this.
3optic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:33 PM   #25
Logout
Avalon Senior Member

Will you feed your ego, or nourish your soul? Yes and Yes

What really guides you? nothing and everything

Discernment, Resonance, yes they are different and no they are the same for
me. Simply fragile words incomplete and perfect.
But the theme is already larger like the wave of a drop which is expanding i see.
Discernment and courage belong for me together. When i was in Primary school i had a bad teacher my Mom said and all i can remember is once during break some older guys was fighting i steped between and lectured them about their behavior. Surprisingly this bad teacher recogniced that and looked with a smile on me i felt little blushed -wouldnt have needed a praise because it was just what i had learned already- but also aknowledged and proud. So all i remember is that Smile from that teacher were all said how bad she was.
Resonating can only be in the moment since everything is changing. What you like today you maybe dislike tomorrow. What you needed today to learn will be oldschool tomorrow. Your Intention probably changed so your frequency. Intention is followed by emotions well at least for me^^ and our emotions are a very powerfull tool. It doesnt matter what kind of emotion when its pure its true and uncondtitional and can free you. Express it Feel it just dont believe it. Its like looking in 2 directions at the same time.
Its not about good or bad. There is no judgement you can do whatever you want. Love is unconditional. There are many ways leading to "Rome"
It doesnt matter if we think of who we are serving more our ego or our soul, aslong we think our thoughts we cant be. Yes sometimes stop care so much what if. Give a &*,~" on all this knowledge other opinions or what guides you about thinking what is true or not. I never had a idol there is noone else who is like you there also never will be anyone like you. Noone has the right to judge you. Yeah some think they are smarter then others and? They cant feel think or be like you and wont be able to understand. There is not even the need to defend yourself or your words arts or anything what come from you to others. When they love you they love you.
Our words are already splited and never can express a full picture like it cant show the smell taste or touch. Imagine about what we have what other beings/forces dont have. When you negate your intelligence wisdom love knowledge sences emotions etc you give away what makes us special or in other words what we are aware. Played small long enough, reclaim back what you are. Feel it express it just dont believe it. When you believe you're starting to identificate with it and limitating yourself.
Think about we had the balls to stay here on earth^^
Somehow no clue if it makes sence just wanted to lift you little up

p.s.: if someone has sth to gravity binding light,time etc let me know please
Logout is offline   Reply With Quote