Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 01-15-2010, 08:25 PM   #276
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by folotheflo View Post
every thing is just as it should be,

it can be no other way.

you are alive, so do what ever you think is necessary, it is the only way to learn and change.

there is no truth, every thing is permited

Yes, it is an ongoing process for the me that resides here to reach that state of awareness stably. It has to be more than an intellectual understanding.
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:35 PM   #277
folotheflo
Avalon Senior Member

the ego is like the tail of a frog

the frog does have a small tail

it was necessary on it's evolutionary journey

but now the frog has no need for it

the ego served its purpose, and probably is still needed, on a much weakend level, maybe to become a sense, rather than a dominant part of our being
folotheflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:50 PM   #278
2rivers
Avalon Senior Member

Indigocat: I cannot figure out how to use this forum. I have wanted to reply to your friend request and I think that I have finally done that. I finally found one of your posts and was able to send this response. As wonderful as these forums can be, they frustrate me because reading the directions hasn't helped me much.
It seems you have been offended by someone's post to you but I can't figure it out. And I honestly don't know why you friended me. I'm glad, but I wonder what drew you to me. I saw one post that you wrote about people's attitude and behavior. It is the reason I am somewhat reluctant. People pick up on a word or a phrase that pushes their own buttons and then try to make it your problem.
I have wondered how anything cohesive can be accomplished when even the people who present themselves here cannot get along. Diversity of life is a double edged sword.
Please don't give up. Just don't give energy to the nastiness. I guess here is as good as any place to practive discernment.
I am completely alone in my life. If nothing else, this is lively entertainment. Best Wishes. I tried to post within your profile area where others have posted, but I just couldn't figure it out.
2rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:29 PM   #279
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Should the good people choose to do nothing, then the forces of anti-life, the dark forces will inevitably triumph.

Truth is found in Oneness. Separation is illusion and leads to suffering, unconsciousness and the state of affairs we currently find ourselves in.

Free will is the ultimate law. However, a critical mass of people on inner levels are now choosing to come up higher into the reality of who they are in Oneness with their source, beyond the human ego, and to Be below all they are above, the Living Christ.

This is what's coming, the Christ consciousness, the Buddha consciousness, individually and collectively.

What stands in the way? The illusions of separation which have taken on a life of their own as the pseudo personality of the human ego which is completely based on comparisons in the past and future rather than on Being in the Now.

The opportunity knocks like never before to make immense progress into True Freedom Now for those who choose to come up higher, to lead the Way and connect to their own Divine direction within.
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:35 PM   #280
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

14 Chakras is right.
We have an amazing opportunity at this time.
We can easily be distracted by exciting stories about UFOs, whistle blowers having been on Mars, human drama.
The evolution of the human race is at a critical point at the moment.

To put this in context,
There is nothing in form but atoms in movement. The table is atoms in movement, we are atoms in movement, in short nothing but energy.
The higher the spiritual vibration the more love is expressing itself, war is not possible in a loving state.

As said before Gandhi liberated India and this led to the end of colonialism.
He was a high spiritual energy being -- non violent, but not inactive.

The book "Power versus Force" explains spiritual energy magnificently.

Power is LOVE, force is ego. (my way or no way) Force expends energy and runs out of steam eventually, LOVE just is.
Gravity is power, it dosnt have to do anything for the apple to fall, that is inherent in the nature of gravity.
We all have an attractor field which vibrates at the level of our spiritual vibration.
Like to like. The higher the vinration the more gppd is attracted effortlessly into our life.
The more negativity the more it becomes a self fulfilling prophesy.

Raising ones own spiritual vibration therfore has very real benefits in this world.
Though it takes dedication consistency and a lot of effort it is extremely beneficial for all.

One spiritual being of high vibration counterbalances an amazing amount of lower vibration.

All violent action and force of any kind brings an opposite force of equal intensity, hence wars that have been going on for generations. Your grand father killed mine so I will kill you!!!! How sad is that??

Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. We have not brought peace by declaring war on warmongers. Try as we might it ain't going to happen that way, its been tried for thousands of years.
Mother Teresa said "you wont catch me at an antiwar demonstration but you may see me at a peace rally"

The way forward is through aligning our will to the will of our Creator as set out by Jesus The Buddha, Krishna and other high spiritual vibration souls.
Prayer meditation love others, forgiveness. Surrender egoistic thoughts to God
These are time honored methods that work.

If you really want to make a difference can I suggest that the distractions mentioned earlier are avoided, time is short, use it well is advised by current spiritual teachers. They know.

Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:13 PM   #281
Astra
Avalon Senior Member

Great thread, Chris (greybeard)! So much wisdom here, I really enjoyed reading all comments!
Allow me to share something with you all, Beautiful Souls! It is about a Moment called:
“A Story of Great Dissipation “

I stood in front of the mirror one morning, in order to fix my hair, before going out. It was just an ordinary moment, a habit, a need to paint a picture of myself so it could be presented (in a “proper manner”) to the outside world. As I struggled to tame the unwanted curl, a suspended moment occurred ... Thinking of it today I know it emerged from the infinite place where Time and Space are One!
... my arm dropped down, curl sprang back ... I begun to stare at the image in front of me ... I saw a face looking back ... two faces against each other ... two intruders, face to face ...both in awe.
I have no idea for how long I stood there!
... I saw a stranger in the mirror watching me, robbing me of my identity ... then, a question bonded both images: “ Who am I? “ Subsequently, another question aroused: “Who are You?” then ...” Who are we?” .. . “Who am I?” ... oh, those words ... I - am - who ... am - I - Who ...I WHO ARE ... white noise around me... all those words with no meaning just used to shape, to capture, to conjure, to question ...
What came next is not easy to describe, but I will try ...
... I felt my ears melted, and at the top of my head a geyser of energy surged, as if someone removed a cork! All of a sudden I felt as if my conciseness expanded, as if a person that stared back at me - somehow merged with me ... I saw reflection disappearing, edges softening, everything becoming a shadow of itself. Then... nothing! I kept starring at nothing. There was no mirror, there was no wall, no unwanted curl, no face, no” I “... A feeling of great presence in the moment occurred, a moment of expansion beyond this dense matter ... where a sound of Silence dwells ... where a Rose of Heart opens, where Lotus of Wisdom reigns ... Words cannot describe this state, this Knowing, this Oneness of everything that exists in the Universe.

Moments like this are of great importance, for only then I am able to understand the limitations of Ego.

Ego belongs to the dense world of matter, Ego needs gratification, satisfaction, Ego is judgmental, seeks power, seeks the Illusion ... I disliked its qualities at the beginning, desperately trying to push this monster down the cliff ... but, the harder I tried, the more difficult it was to brake the bondage. Then, I took a different approach in my life towards Ego, decided to step aside and just observe, notice when, how and why Ego would manifest itself ... after becoming aware of Ego’s presence, the best thing one can do is just to let it dissolve in its own limitation ... For Ego is limited ... it prevents Consciousness, our Pure Soul, our True Self to reach the Source, the Infinite Beginning of All, God, Creator, Logos, the Only One ... Love! Does not matter how we call this – it is ALL ONE! Is baby’s first cry after being born into this world a result of a great separation from the Ocean of Love we all came from? Who knows, maybe it is so!
For me, Ego is not only a limitation, but a great teacher as well. It has been given to me when my soul signed a contract to come and have this human experience. We keep coming over and over again encased in bodies and in self - indulging Ego, till we understand that the reflection in the mirror is not our essence. “ To die before you die” has been a goal of many great mystics regardless of their religion. This allows Soul to come to the Well of Wisdom. Isn’t this the most beautiful thing of all – we can choose different paths, but ultimately we all eventually arrive to the Source, to the ONE LOVE!
And as for myself - I still have a long way to go, for I am not the awakened one, trust me on this! But I have been humbled by those moments of Great Dissipation, as they keep showing me how there is no other death but the Death of Ego. We have always been, and we will continue to be, as many of you have already said in this thread. So, let us keep shining!

Thank you all for reading this, something told me I have to share it. Dear Chris (greybeard)... thank you one more time for allowing all of us to express our views on the purpose of Ego.
I LOVE YOU ALL, BEAUTIFUL SOULS! AND I DO MEAN THIS!

In Love and Light

Astra
Astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:25 PM   #282
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Dear Astra
It is I who need to thank you.
I am really moved by the way you express your experience so beautifully and with humility.
Please keep contributing as you feel inclined to do so.
These shared experience encourage all.
With much love
Chris
Old 01-21-2010, 12:01 AM   #283
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Your beautifull story Astra brought these words to my mind ..

What you are looking for
is what is looking.

-St. Francis of Assisi

Love from me
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:40 PM   #284
Astra
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you dear mudra and Chris!

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. Mother Teresa

in Love and Light

Yours

Astra
Astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:09 AM   #285
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astra View Post
Thank you dear mudra and Chris!

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. Mother Teresa

in Love and Light

Yours

Astra
Thank you Astra.
Kind words thoughts and deeds are so important.
The ego is basically selfish and every selfless action automatically reduces its illusory hold one one.

Would any one else like to share their spiritual experience as Astra has done.
Every such awareness of the Presence within is encouraging to self and others,

Take one step towards God and He takes a hundred towards us.
We have to make the effort, Grace is always available.

Any reader of this thread on the Advaita path (Non-duality) ?

Chris
Namaste
Old 01-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #286
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

There is so many thoughts on what enlightenment is that I thought it best to get it straight from the one who is in such a state.

There are levels of enlightenment and after fully transcending the ego this is an account of the final state
copied from the book "I Reality and Subjectivity" by Dr David Hawkins MD Ph.D

"Suddenly without warning, a shift in awareness occurred and the Presence totally prevailed, unmistakable and all encompassing. There were a few moments of intense apprehension as the self died, and then the absoluteness of the Presence inspired a flash of awe. This breakthrough was spectacular and more intense than anything before. It had no counterpart in ordinary experience. The profound shock was was cushioned by the love that is the Presence. Without the support and protection of that love, it seems that one would be annihilated.
There followed a moment of terror as the ego clung to its existence, fearing it would become nothingness. Instead, as it died, it was replaced by the Self as Everythingness, the All in which everything was known and obvious in its perfect expression of its own essence.
With non-locality came the awareness that one is all that ever was or can be. One is total and complete, beyond all identities, beyond gender, beyond even humanness itself. One need never again fear suffering and death.

What happened to the body beyond this point is immaterial. At certain level of spiritual awareness, ailments of the body heal or spontaneously disappear, but in the Absolute state such considerations are irrelevant.
The body will run its predicted course and then return from whence it came. Its a matter of no importance, Reality is unaffected. The body is an it rather than a me; just another object like furniture in a room. It may seem comical that people still address the body as though it were an individual you, but there is no way to explain this state of awareness to the unaware. It is best to just go about ones business and allow providence to handle the social adjustment. However as one reaches bliss, it is very difficult to conceal that state of intense ecstasy.
in this final apocalypse of the self, the dissolution of the sole remaining duality of existence versus non existence dissolves in Universal Divinity and no individual consciousness is left to chose. The last step, then, is taken by God."
Chris
Old 01-23-2010, 09:04 PM   #287
truth and integrity
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
What is left when the ego is transcended?
Enlightenment is what is left.
An egoless state.
It is a very interesting discussion. I connect Eastern philosophy with Western psychology. Eastern philosophy encourages us to attain an egoless state while Western psychology aims at strengthening our ego. It looks quite opposite but it can not be more far from truth. We can not reach an egoless state if we do not have a strong ego in the first place. When we have a strong ego we are relatively free from ego defense mechanism. In fact, when we are free from ego defenses, we are in egoless state.

Best regards,
truth and integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:09 PM   #288
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by folotheflo View Post
the ego is like the tail of a frog

the frog does have a small tail

it was necessary on it's evolutionary journey

but now the frog has no need for it

the ego served its purpose, and probably is still needed, on a much weakend level, maybe to become a sense, rather than a dominant part of our being
Right, turn down the volume. Hindu meditation groups and Transcendental Meditation assist one greatly at this stage of self-development.

Especially if one begins to play out a healing or teaching role, then the ego must be operating on a higher harmonic if at all. Gosh, even being a parent can bring one to egolessness

peace,
Gnosis
Old 01-23-2010, 09:20 PM   #289
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

IMO I think one way people can transcend spiritually and mentally if they are able to come to recognize their own shortcomings and how vastly ignorant we all are of almost everything. I don't mean it in an "ignorance is bliss" sort of way, just that, generally speaking, humans are not the apex of biological or technological evolution we think we are at. We are ignorant of so many things its rather unfathomable. We have not even begun the real exploration of our galaxy, as such telescopes can only take us so far, and hence we have a very poor understanding of our existence and purpose, and this gets back to our micro existence on this super macro scale.

Peace and Love will have to do for now.
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:26 PM   #290
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

If one wishes to dig deeper intellectually, but not necessarily experientially, here is a good article:

Sandorian Grove Blog RE Ego Types
Old 01-23-2010, 11:50 PM   #291
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Living enlightment...
I am finding this video most inspiring..
Enjoy

Love Always
mudra
Old 01-24-2010, 10:10 PM   #292
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

I thought I would share and experience I had about ten years ago.
I have written a little about Kundalini a couple of pages back but I dident share the experience, so here goes.

At that time I was mainly reading Ramana as it was difficult to get books by europeans who are enlightened.
Anyway I began to experience intense itching in the scalp, a pulling at the third eye and when listening to Bajhans in the half lotus position all of a sudden my upper body began to rotate in a clockwise direction, my head almost brushing the floor,I stopped it and it started going the other way. I had no idea what was happening I got in touch with a friend who had been a spiritual student much longer than I and he sugested getting in touch with a friend of his Desmond. Desmond sent me info on Kundalini awakening and I had quite a few of the symptoms, some mentioned.
I ended up going to a 14 day meditation intensive on the late Guruji's ashram in India,

One night we, about 40 of us were chanting 108 Om's and I noticed the person beside was in an estatic state, big smile and tears rolling down his face. I thought "nothing like that ever happens to me!!!"
Well next morning we were again doing the Om's and all of a sudden Love hiit me, I have never experienced anything like it in my life. I felt so loved the tears were streaming down. I looked at the others, I was at the very back and I felt such love for all of them. I felt I was cuddling them.

I was in a state of bliss for about 2 days. A few days after the initial experience, I heard a lady say that she felt she was being cuddled at the time I was having the experience.
A little later in a personal interview Guruji gave Shaktipat ( The guru blesses you at the same time as he is touching your forehead) and confirmed that Kundalini awakened.
When I got home I tried to put it down to emotionalism or the power of the ashram, No it happened again sitting in my living room.

Im not going to say too much about Kundalini as its a massive subject.
Siddis occour, They are gifts from God but not to become attached to them.
One instance I will speak of.
I was at my Aunts funeral, she made it to 95, an old friend of hers who had been very kind to her was siting beside me, I felt a love for her, all of a sudden a surge of energy passed out of my side. I never said anything but after the service Lorna said to me that she had experienced energy coming into her from me. She was a nursing sister and very grounded. Anyway a few weeks later she told me that she had been due to have a serious operation to her spine and when they did a pre operation check the surgeon could find nothing wrong with her.
I was just a channel for that healing, there have been others but I am well aware its not me doing it. I cant make it happen.
Chris
Namaste
Old 01-24-2010, 10:46 PM   #293
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Thank you for sharing this experience Chris .
I believe it was a truly blissfull one .. One that
those around you could feel and be blessed by .

Joy you have to share; blissfulness you need not share — it simply surrounds you. Whoever is courageous enough to come close to you will have it. Bliss is not something that you have to do anything about; it is already there around you, it is your milieu. The blissful person — you can call him the awakened, the enlightened, you can give any name… the blissful person is simply showering his bliss continuously. Whoever is thirsty can drink of it.

Osho

Love from me
mudra
Old 01-25-2010, 10:03 AM   #294
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
Anyway I began to experience intense itching in the scalp, a pulling at the third eye and when listening to Bajhans in the half lotus position all of a sudden my upper body began to rotate in a clockwise direction, my head almost brushing the floor,I stopped it and it started going the other way.

this impossible rotation of the body within the body

the quick revolving clockwise and anticlockwise motion

cast me out of the still not sleeping body in bed

but all of me was outside the physical body

because of experience

the body is for me a shell for me living within it

Death where is your Sting

the body becomes a habit

but it is a habitat for the Soul

the Source and Substance of the Soul

is the Supreme Spirit

1 quarter of this Supreme Spirit makes up All That Is

the rest 3 quarters the bigger portion

It Is Itself

I Am That I Am

Last edited by RedeZra; 01-25-2010 at 10:11 AM.
RedeZra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:14 PM   #295
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

As all-ways thank you for your contributions Mudra and RedeZra.
much appreciated.
Chris
Namaste
Old 01-25-2010, 08:50 PM   #296
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

This question was asked of Dr David Hawkins in the book "I ----chapter On the way of the heart"

Q: How can one prevent the development of a spiritual ego? Each success seems like it would feed into it.

A: "Realize that there is no such entity as the doer of deeds or actions.
There is no doer/self to take to take blame or credit.
Progress is the result of a quality of consciousness that has been activated by the assent of the spiritual will.
Spiritual inspiration becomes the energy that is operating. It does not eminate from ego/self.
The Self, like the divinity of God does not "do" anything, nor does it 'act' or 'perform' or 'intend' or 'chose'.
for it is beyond all volition. The manifestation of God as Existence is void of conditions or positionalities.

The purity of Divinity is beyond comprehension by the ego because ego is limited to form and always asumes a duality of subject and object.
That which is the Unlimited nonlinear Reality is not divisible and is beyond the subject/object duality of the ego's conceptions based on positionality. All spiritual progress is a gift, and humble gratitude precludes pride."

Chris says.
At first it is difficult to wrap ones head around the concept of non-duality but bit by bit the clarity of Hawkins teaching drops in.
One without a second as spoke of by spiritual mystics is an absolute truth. Only God is, and we are That.

more from Dr David Hawkins.

Enlightenment means that the former personal identity and all that had been believed about have been erased, removed, dissolved, and displaced.
The particular has been replaced by the universal, qualities have been replaced by essence, the linear has been replaced by the nonlinear, and the discrete has been replaced by the unlimited. position in time or place has become Allness and Foreverness.
Intention has been replaced by spontaneity, and the limiting perception of duality has been removed as the Radiance of Oneness illuminates the Reality and the Truth of nonduality.
The essence of Divinity stands forth in its Self-revelation. Mentation has ceased and in the Silence, the Knowingness of Omniscience radiates forth unasked.
Emotion has been replaced by Peace. The exquisite gentleness of Infinite Power is deftly soft and invisible because it is the very Source and substrate of all that appears to exist. By analogy, it is like a shadow which is replaced by a sunbeam. The shadow does not become the sunbeam.

Chris
Old 01-26-2010, 08:14 PM   #297
illuminate
Avalon Senior Member

such a beautiful thread, THANK U!

~ love in you ~
illuminate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:19 PM   #298
kriya
Avalon Senior Member

Hello again loves on this oasis in the desert thread.

I posted this on another thread, but thought it should go here too.

The Ego

http://www.bbc5.tv/eyeplayer/video/ego

Love,

Kriya
kriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:33 PM   #299
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks Kriya.
This is the place -- smiling
Love Eckhart

Chris
Old 01-26-2010, 09:54 PM   #300
trainedobserver
Avalon Senior Member

Who gets the fact that the world you perceive is actually the simulation constructed by your brain-mind system and not the real world itself? If you do are you consciously aware that the monitor that you think you're reading this off of right now is constructed of your own brain-stuff and is in fact just as much YOU as your 'awareness' of it is? In becoming aware that the world that you experience and the experienced self (the appearance of your body, all your physical sensations and inner dialog) are the one in the same brain-mind thing you can 'transcend' the egos illusionary existence. Everything remains the same however you will no longer see things quite the same again until your human nature over-rides your insight and you once again think of the world your perceive of as the real world rather than your mind itself. Or so it seems to me.

Oddly enough my avatar is an attempt by me to illustrate the above facts. The gray body and leaf are in the "real world" on the other side of our senses. We never experience them. We experience the leaf, body, and awareness that our mind simulates represented by the colorful bubble on the guys shoulders. The real world and self and the experienced world and self are two completely different things in substance, form, and location. The real world contains all dimensions and matter. The experienced world is restricted to 3 dimensions (which may or may not exist in the real world) and the chromatic and auditory portrayal (which certainly exists only in the perceiving mind) of a limited section of what we understand as the electromagnetic spectrum. When I actually realized this I had one of those laughing, crying, weird experiences people sometimes refer to as a spiritual experience. It was quite a profound and mind altering thing.

Last edited by trainedobserver; 01-26-2010 at 10:13 PM.
trainedobserver is offline   Reply With Quote