Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:12 AM   #51
WinterWolf
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Radiant zones and communities building..where are we up to ?

No one is saying you cannot prepare yourself and your family for trying times. Hell, I prepare for the winter as I know the weather can be funny. I make sure there is extra supplies in the house in case of power outages, etc. People with common sense would usually make sure they have some extra supplies around.

Why would I want to segregate people? I'd rather integrate than segregate. However by building your own community, that in and of itself is segregating. All of the like minded individuals are all living there helping each other, etc. while the rest of the world looks in.

Now if this were an open commune where anyone, like minded or not can come and go and share in everything..that is different. How would it be any different than living in a gated community? So you'll have programs to let the outsiders in. So all of those other individuals who weren't lucky enough to snag a spot in the program will all just be turned away? Too bad? Soo sorry? Come back some other time?

Working on oneself is a continuing process. Just like learning is a continuing process. As you work upon yourself, you can still try to help others around you. It only stops when you want it to stop.

Winter Wolf
WinterWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:39 AM   #52
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

Where I live in New Zealand, a farming community, friends and neighbours, plus the wider community, have always pulled together to help each other in times of crisis. I don't see that it will be any different if the situation deteriotes in the future. What I see happening here is that our valley will be inundated as dams burst and water from the coast sloshes in. Many people will not survive, but many will, and I sure as hell wont be turning people away in times of crisis, its not in my nature, but by the same token I have given up many years ago warning people to wake up and see what is happening in the world. Some people just like to snooze and that is their freewill perogative.

Love and Light

Carmen
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:54 AM   #53
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

With much respect Carmen....I want to add that when we focus on something it will come to pass....it's the law of attraction.

If the whole world is focused on disaster..it will come to pass.

I'm praying that the world will focus on Peace for all humanity. And then it will come to pass. For if it does not..then as I stated before..I am eternal, and I don't choose to focus on what I don't want.

If the world creates this disaster...then it will be just like the nexus thread described ...and my focus will be for eternity.

God bless you all in your endeavors....but please focus on World Peace and Love of humanity.

Farewell Avalon

BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:03 AM   #54
Jack
Avalon Senior Member

This is such an excelent thread! Thank you guys for talking about this, the time is such that its very important.

We are already segregated. Even though we are under the illusion of unity its just not true. Any community that is formed will be more unified then anything we have already in this society. I would rather be unified with like minds in a radient zone then be segregated in our current society.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:55 AM   #55
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
This is such an excelent thread! Thank you guys for talking about this, the time is such that its very important.

We are already segregated. Even though we are under the illusion of unity its just not true. Any community that is formed will be more unified then anything we have already in this society. I would rather be unified with like minds in a radient zone then be segregated in our current society.

well said jack ...
rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:15 AM   #56
artvision
Avalon Senior Member

Dears,

Thank you for this thread as is very good to have the opinions of so many smart and sensitive people.

First of all, I'm no considering myself a Radiant Zone starter I cannot withstand comparison with real starters as NorthernSantuary, TtC and many others, people that already build communities, people much more advanced than me that I'am a wishful thinking guy, with a piece of dirt bought and maybe some survival books read. I feel somewhat uneasy to be compared with such great people; me I feel like pigmy compared with Goliath. My only, so called contribution to this marvelous thread is, that
I want to ask people in the know, if according with their information, this place I mention is safe, could it be considered a radiant zone, or not?

Also, there are ardent philosophical question raised on the thread. Look, life taught me that I have to be more feet-on-the-ground and sensibility and high and elevated feelings are good but not put food on the table. This is the reality of our miserable existence, we cannot separate our conscience of material, of earthly. At least I do not know a viable method, proven for my individuality, to work.

I'm telling myself I'm not tough enough for this world, (because I've surprised myself crying!!!!!!!!! listen to that song? I do not understand the words, etc.
I said, what the hack is happening to me?

So, really I need to go feet down to earth and I think, many of us, we need more feet-on-the-earth thinking.

Now, about the issue of helping/non letting others when the SHTF. If I wouldn't tell to that guy, near my house, SEVERAL TIMES, take care, look what is coming, prepare yourself. Don't go now in that fancy greek island ON CREDIT, better think maybe tomorrow they will throw you out of work, or maybe something's happening and use more wisely the money. You know what that guy is doing? Is laughing his ass at me, really and starting mock me. Than when the SHTF, the same guy approaching me and asking for help? Would be OK and considering him helping, because, we are humans, prone to error. But what are you doing if this dummy head came to you and ASK, look I have this little baby, he/she is hungry we need this or that and I know you have it. I DEMAND you give it to me? How do you will approach then this person? What are you doing if like this person are 5 neighbors, that all of them laugh at you, but now are coming to your door bearing arms, DEMANDING that you share with them whatever you stored (by not going in holidays in fancy Greek Islands on credit).

I like the approach for this problem of giving and helping others, highlighted in Triple Ought by James Wesley Rawles:
http://survivalbible2001.com/SB-2001...ON/001gray.htm

Here the guys, having themselves a retreat said:

Give till it hurts!

So, they were prepared and open to give and help their fellow human, but in their conditions and on their will, not to be brought on them with the force of weapon.

So, here we are, weapons vs. non weapons. We should always respect the NATURE. The immutable laws of nature. And this leads to instinct... survival instinct. That's mean a healthy survival instinct that has been encoded genetically in every being on this planet, to take care for itself, FIRSTLY.

Following this natural law, we should obey this instinct and protect ourselves. How? Can we protect by hoards of looters and crazed people because of SHTF and they never think about preparation, survival, etc and will find more easily to prey on you? Would they follow their instincts, because they and their babies are hungry, you have food and resources or they will think highly spiritually and ethically as DO NOT TAKE WHAT IS NOT YOURS? What do you people know, those of you with earned life experience? The outcome is easily to be anticipated...

So, I think that is in our best interest NOT TO BECOME JUST A RESOURCE FOR THESE PEOPLE! Therefore, as Jack very nicely said, we need to gather those with similar ideas and mind set. Why? Because we need to protect ourselves in order to survive and after that we may evolve spiritually, etc. If we are dying because a group of happy greek-island-holidays-makers coming to your house/retreat and killing you, or at least taking off you al the provisions, would you be able to evolve to develop yourself further? No!

So, we are arriving back to our question. We gather in preparedness people with same mindset, we are improve our skills together, but we still need of defending. In US that is an easy task. There people have the right of bear firearms. We in Europe, after several hundredth years of dictatorial regimes, etc, we have been stripped away for this inalienable right, to be able to protect yourself, not leaning towards be protected by an external force (which usually is not there when you need it most, but trying to make life miserable otherwise) Of course, even us as Europeans, we need means to fight and defend ourselves and/or means to scarry and discourage potential predators (with two or many legs )

I'm relly in, to hear your suggestions and ideas.

Last edited by artvision; 07-20-2009 at 09:48 AM.
artvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:30 AM   #57
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen View Post
Where I live in New Zealand, a farming community, friends and neighbours, plus the wider community, have always pulled together to help each other in times of crisis. I don't see that it will be any different if the situation deteriotes in the future. What I see happening here ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post
I'm praying that the world will focus on Peace for all humanity. And then it will come to pass. For if it does not..then as I stated before..I am eternal, and I don't choose to focus on what I don't want.
You are of course both right

There are many perspectives to this.

I am/have prepared in my own way, both in how I choose to organize my worldly affairs which includes "zany" preparations, living an increasingly off grid lifestyle etc and also I try also to play my part in not dwelling on the events to come - but one has to give various possibilities consideration (especially when you base your actions on what you think you "know" what is going to happen!) so that you can plan appropriately. The community part will happen in its own good time (by manifestation!)

As for community, I am sure that the majority of readers here are radiant zones all by themselves. When many of us meet one day, it will be a glorious day! It has already happened many times and will again.

Radiant Zones and community building will ALWAYS and inevitably require discussion about what is or is not going to happen. The trick is to do it rationally and with detachment.

From me to you/us/me - love!

A..

PS: If you disregard the Camalot and the "news" with the doom/gloom, conspiracy, UFO's/Aliens - then AVALON is a significant radiant zone - I suppose you all get that don't you?

Last edited by Anchor; 07-20-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:17 AM   #58
WiNaDeYo
Avalon Senior Member

Since it is imposssible at this time for me to leave my present location, I have been preparing to weather it out here. I don't have a local groundcrew except for my small family, but I am in contact with a small group in the UK that is planning to move off the island to the greater continent.

I am located in the central north of Italy in the Alps near the Swiss border well above 300 meters above sea level. To the NE of me there are mountain passess...very tall mountains and desolate areas, low population. This is an extremely rugged wilderness area not exploited for tourism like other areas. An abundance of wildlife, pure springs and streams teaming with trout, medicinal herbs, and abandoned agricultural areas with buildings that could be bought quite cheaply now. This particular area, and SW of here are considered the safest areas in Italy as far as earthquakes are concerned.

To the SW are lower mountian ranges that level off to join the Como Lake area towards Milan.

Although I realize the vicinity of the greater metropolis envirnment could become a problem when people there "run for the hills", I do know that fleeing the main valley, further up into these majestic mountains, could offer protection from panicked and angry crowds.

I am here. My home is open to you as a refuge, be it just for a pause or what need be.

Peace and Good Will!
WiNaDeYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:31 AM   #59
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Brook and Winterwolf

My vision holds no catastastrophies in the future friends .
I believe that life lived from the heart is taking care of itself.
My vision sees humanity uniting in shared values , learning to
live with one another in respect for all of creation and of mother
earth.
This has to start with some gathering with the same purpose
of laying down the step stones of a new world.
This process has already taken place testimony to this are the numerous
eco villages that already exists.These are already showing the way.
There should be inter connectdedness between all the communities
be it those that you'll build or the ones that already exists
so that each one can travel to the other and exchange freely.
When this is done on a large scale in the end every single individual
on this earth with be part of ONE loving community of beings.
We are all powerfull and radiant individuals and everyone of us allready
does his best to shine his light and wisdom around him .
Radiant people when they gather can radiate even more.
Built and gather with and from your heart and know there is nothing to fear.
We are all ONE. ONE family .All we have to do is re-member.

Loving kindness
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 07-21-2009 at 09:10 AM.
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:40 AM   #60
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

My reason for wanting to live and work in

a community has nothing to do with

weather there will be disasters in the world

or not ... its simply a personal choice

i have no intentions of isolating my self

i feel this need to do this . i feel its

not just for me.. but to say hey you know what

you can get out of the rat race ... this is a way

you can do this ,,, then all the communities

can come together and share ..build the new

world from the ground up .... what an opportunity.....(for my grandson )

a community is not just about personal survival

someone is assumming a lot ...

this is great ...let get it all aired .. find the

community that suits you ....they wont all be the same ....

have your say here is your chance ,

right here and now .....in service of the one

rhythmmm ...(lets work together on this
not be devided ...)
Old 07-20-2009, 11:42 AM   #61
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Thank you to everyone that is coming on this thread.
Your individual viewpoints are important .
Let's keep the discussion going and the focus on the creation of a unified field.

Loving kindness
mudra
Old 07-20-2009, 11:42 AM   #62
NorthernSanctuary
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Artvision,

You have good elevation and the area sounds really nice. The only information that I've seen, talks about the issue of the problem of ash from mount Vesuvius.

You will have to go with your own intuition. While there is talk of the earth changes for the 2012 transition, there is also talk of ascension; it really seems like there is the possibility of alternate timelines, different realities for different individuals. See link:
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=15510

(part 13-25)

I don't doubt that mudra's vision will hold true for her. The most important preparation is a spiritual development one. Without it, one will not survive even in a survival group.

/NS
NorthernSanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:03 PM   #63
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

loving kindness
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 07-20-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:22 PM   #64
giovonni
Avalon Senior Member

Lightbulb Re: Radiant zones and communities building..where are we up to ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiNaDeYo View Post
Since it is imposssible at this time for me to leave my present location, I have been preparing to weather it out here. I don't have a local groundcrew except for my small family, but I am in contact with a small group in the UK that is planning to move off the island to the greater continent.

I am located in the central north of Italy in the Alps near the Swiss border well above 300 meters above sea level. To the NE of me there are mountain passess...very tall mountains and desolate areas, low population. This is an extremely rugged wilderness area not exploited for tourism like other areas. An abundance of wildlife, pure springs and streams teaming with trout, medicinal herbs, and abandoned agricultural areas with buildings that could be bought quite cheaply now. This particular area, and SW of here are considered the safest areas in Italy as far as earthquakes are concerned.

To the SW are lower mountian ranges that level off to join the Como Lake area towards Milan.

Although I realize the vicinity of the greater metropolis envirnment could become a problem when people there "run for the hills", I do know that fleeing the main valley, further up into these majestic mountains, could offer protection from panicked and angry crowds.

I am here. My home is open to you as a refuge, be it just for a pause or what need be.

Peace and Good Will!
Greeting's my lovely Lady

~ please don't tempt me with offers like this!!

giovonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:27 PM   #65
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

I know that there are people

here on this forum

who actualy need a home ....

and are not in a situation that they

can do enything to change that

and so would be ready willing and able

to join a radient zone ....

i feel that this is a time to keep an open mind

and respect all opinions ...

and to be willing to at least see there point of view

we dont allways have to agree ...

there will be those who are willing to walk away

from there weath , evan there familys ...

some who will bring there weath for the good of the all

and share it among the community

there will be some who have nothing

to leave and nothing to give (monetary )

realy where are your values

what does your heart say to you if it says stay put

then this for you is your choice and ... be guided

by your own intuit ...

no one is saying community living is a must and or for all

so let us not make right n wrong of this

only choices .....and let ue be willing to listen to all the point of view

then we are open minded and can learn and grow

in service to the one rhythmmm ....
at least we have learnt to share here havent we ?
Old 07-20-2009, 05:05 PM   #66
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiNaDeYo View Post

Peace and Good Will!
Thank you WiNaDeYo for the warm love that emanates from your offer.

Peace and Good Will.. Yes these are key words I believe that we should keep in focus

Loving kindness to you
mudra
Old 07-20-2009, 05:20 PM   #67
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

The idea of living in a community of like-minded people is very appealing to me. I am sure that up till now not many of us could choose their neighbours and neighbourhood. Quite often we do not like the places where we live...It would be nice to live in the vicinity of people you could call friends instead of neighbours only. I'd gladly give up my 2-bedroom apartment for a room in a house with a garden to share with friends. Some people in Poland did that. They are mainly retired people. a group of close friends bought a house in the country, they live there, share the chores and from what I know are quite happy.( I read their story in a magazine).
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:55 PM   #68
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by TtC View Post
NorthernSanctuary & Mudra: I think the open chat would be a good idea.
Happy to meet you TtC.
Indeed the place is open for those who wish to share a discussion there.
We only need to fix a common time amongst us.
For me it's fine at 23:30 or 24 european time which makes it 5:30 or 6 for the US guys.
Those of you here who are wishing for such a chat to take place let us know if this time would suit you .

Loving kindness
mudra
Old 07-20-2009, 05:59 PM   #69
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Thank you Rhythm,

Your wisdom is a legend in Avalon

Loving kindness
mudra
Old 07-20-2009, 06:03 PM   #70
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

I agree with you Burgundia we are entitled to choose our friends and if we can live with them at the same time and construct something in the direction of self sustainance , harmony with the environment and our fellow beings it should be done and supported as this can only benefit the entire planet as a whole.

Loving kindness
mudra
Old 07-20-2009, 06:08 PM   #71
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

The world itself has changed.
There was a time when a traveller, if he had
the will and knew only a few of the secrets,
could send his barge out into the Summer sea
and arrive not at Glastonbury of the monks , but
at the Holy isle of Avalon; for at that time the
gates between the worlds drifted within the mists,
and were open, one to another, as the traveller
thought and willed . For this is the great secret,
which was known to all educated men in our day:
That by what men think ,we create the world
around us, daily new.

Marion Zimmer Bradley .. the mists of Avalon

loving kindness
mudra
Old 07-21-2009, 06:14 AM   #72
Wormhole
Avalon Senior Member

Hello fellow Radiant Zoners!

Well, what can I say. The sight in Washington State has been working hard. The fruit trees are in, the teepees are up, and the permanent residents have moved into the big long house, finally.

It's a great place to meet people who are full of good values and into sharing their lives with others of like mind.

Rules: NO GUNS, NONVIOLENT COMMUNICATION, and GIVE as well as RECEIVE!

If your a hard worker, enjoy community, and want to lead a beautiful life you could make this place your home.

Contact me at worm.hole7@gmail.com for community details.

Live in light, and learn in peace.

Peace of Mind,
Wormhole
Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:39 AM   #73
artvision
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernSantuary View Post
Hi Artvision,

You have good elevation and the area sounds really nice. The only information that I've seen, talks about the issue of the problem of ash from mount Vesuvius.

You will have to go with your own intuition. While there is talk of the earth changes for the 2012 transition, there is also talk of ascension; it really seems like there is the possibility of alternate timelines, different realities for different individuals. See link:
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=15510

(part 13-25)

I don't doubt that mudra's vision will hold true for her. The most important preparation is a spiritual development one. Without it, one will not survive even in a survival group.

/NS
Hi NorthernSantuary,

Thank you for your comment

Regarding more information for assessment, what you might recommend?

Presented up to now:

1. High Altitude
2. Distanced 90-100 km from larger city (300,000 inhabitants) and 30 Km from near town (85,000 inhabitants)
3. Low Seismic risk
4. Not on path of air currents
5. Far from any shores or seacoasts, 8 Km far from water dam, 45 m above water dam level (in case of excessive flooding , or reversal flow of water to their sources due to seismic, winds or other events)
6. Existence of local resources: water, wood, wild game
7. Small rural community at reasonable distance, for bartering, security alliances; people are OK
8. The mountains there are not of volcanic nature, so, the probability of local lava eruption is close to zero
9. Being mountain area, caves
10. Low cost of land for building
11. Area is well sun covered and windy (good for electric energy)

What might be desired to add for assessment?

Also would be very interesting to know, the organization of such retreats:

1. How decision are taken, voting
2. The chores distribution
3. Security organization, defense systems, sentries, watching posts
4. The policy with local surrounding people, near the retreat
5. What will be assessed the contribution of each member to the well being of retreat
6. How are the resources splitted between the members?
7. Are allowed the individual members have their own things, privacy, or is more something collective?

etc, etc

Last edited by artvision; 07-21-2009 at 08:00 AM.
artvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:15 AM   #74
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

NorthernSanctuary, Carmen and Gio, TtC, Artvision, WiNaDeYo , Wormhole you are a blessing on this thread.You all come with good news and your heart felt vision and deeds.
Still a lot to do but great hope for all.May your visions come through and communities flourish as lotus flowers on this earth .

Thank you
mudra
Old 07-21-2009, 10:35 AM   #75
Oliver
Avalon Senior Member

I closely resonate with what Rhythm (also Mudra and Burgundia) is saying about the values. Indeed, I can not imagine to live in the community were (again!!!) the shareholders, ownerships and other financial relations will became dominant segment of the “society”. I am imagining the new communities and radiant zones – as RADIATING! But surely not with financial primitivism as is now in 3D world.
Is it the main issue only to survive? For me – not! We should survive, of course, but it is expected from us to start to build The New World. We should be the new collective consciousness of the future, and we should think mainly of how to adopt and share all of the real universal knowledge and wisdom we can, together with unconditional love, for next generations also. That is radiating.
The new system is required, and I believe Avalon is capable for organizing a team who will found the basics of a new planetary system of values connected with the universality.
Money relations are destroying this planet, we are escaping from money relations, and we are accepting them only because we have no choice at this moment.
Giving is the greatest gift for those who gives.

Love for all

Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote