Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 03-15-2010, 04:22 AM   #1
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Default Without Feeders No Readers

Since I was granted - 'with joy', a one year gift spot, (July 29, 2009) by Karen, I contributed with 86 'TRANCOSO' threads to this forum.

The first month I only posted replies in order to establish my name & get familiar with the other members & vice versa. From then on I started my own threads. Right from the very beginning, my threads had good ratings – being the amount of replies/views.

Somewhere in December I began to follow the development of my threads on a daily bases, because I wanted to find out which topics were viewed, by how many. Because it’s essential to know if topics with very few replies, have a steady growing amount of views.
For example: ‘Indigenous Native American Prophecies (Hopi Elders)’, has had 4 replies, meaning that the thread was hardly discussed. Since its last reply (25-11-’09), it grew from 189 to 916 views. This tells me that the above subject has been visited by nearly 700 people, most of them ‘unique’ - I presume, without ever being ‘pushed’ by a new reply, to give it a boost.* In other words: it’s a subject which has a strong appeal to a large amount of members/guests. So next time I bump into an article on this subject, it’s worth posting it as a new thread.

* When you start posting threads yourself, it’s very important for your confidence, that your thread scores a high amount of views. Adding a reply to a thread puts it on top of the posting list, which boosts the amount of views for a short period, depending on the amount of guests online. It tells you something about your popularity, etc.

My point is, that the adding of content (new threads) by regular posters (established avatars) is essential for a forum like this, to attract visitors. People ‘drop by’ to see if their ‘favourites’ have posted something new of interest.

If Avalon 2 is launched, & the top 10 of your ‘content’ feeders shows no interest in the invitation to join, your overall visitor rating will drop with at least 60%.

In other words: your preaching in an empty church.

The fundamental aspect of Avalon was/is TRUST. Why do the founders of Avalon 2 expect us to ever trust them again in the future, after what has happened? I know I won’t.

So who's gonna believe the revelations of whistleblowers, on a forum that is founded upon a palace revolution, lies & deceit?

Higher ethics? You just told the members of your family, who trusted you, & felt save to reveal their secrets, they no longer belong to this family of love & light anymore.
TRANCOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:40 AM   #2
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Without Feeders No Readers

Piles of Garbage get great reviews too... lol

it must be tough for someone that rates how well their different topics have done to see an all out brawl, where garbage is being spewed as one of the hottest topics the forum has ever had...

now me on the other hand has never come up with a topic of interest or a comment that anyone has enjoyed enough to keep reading, I have my 3 or 4 readers that follow me but I stay away from the pack and share what I enjoy talking about.

sure maybe I'm talking to myself but at least there are no arguments...

once in a while I have people that actually post a pat on the back and I go really and go back to see what it was that I wrote...

now Trancoso, I read your goodbye, saw you toss your hands up saying I am so done with this place...

but ya know what...

you are back again today, and will be tomorrow too...

relax, you're going to love what is coming...
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:02 AM   #3
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Shorz View Post
Piles of Garbage get great reviews too... lol

it must be tough for someone that rates how well their different topics have done to see an all out brawl, where garbage is being spewed as one of the hottest topics the forum has ever had...

now me on the other hand has never come up with a topic of interest or a comment that anyone has enjoyed enough to keep reading, I have my 3 or 4 readers that follow me but I stay away from the pack and share what I enjoy talking about.

sure maybe I'm talking to myself but at least there are no arguments...

once in a while I have people that actually post a pat on the back and I go really and go back to see what it was that I wrote...

now Trancoso, I read your goodbye, saw you toss your hands up saying I am so done with this place...

but ya know what...

you are back again today, and will be tomorrow too...

relax, you're going to love what is coming...
Members read completely different subjects than guests. Members mostly read recent posts - that sometimes function as 'chat-threads'.

I thought there was a chance I'd get banned for posting an angry reply. I've also made clear that I don't want to be associated with part 2: 'AVALONOGY'. As long as I can post here, I will.

I sencerly hope I'm gonna love what's coming. But honestly, I don't really care anymore. In my heart I know I won't be here to do what I did, & graduatly won't come hear at all.

I had the same with PC, I hardly ever check it, because I haven't heard anything or anybody in a long time, that had to tell something of interest.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:36 AM   #4
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

Well Project Camelot was great for sharing what was coming, but it is a new era, because now... it is here...

a forum to get people prepared for disaster not 10 years from now or even next year...

We are talking tomorrow or the following day and should be packing the medical kits, getting items ready to load in the car.

I don't know about the other intuitives out there but my hair is standing on my arms, I'm getting shivers from the thought, the page has turned...

The time, is now.

Project Avalon is needed more than ever before, and you are a part of us...
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:45 PM   #5
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Rocky;
My hat's off to you for being the gent I ran out of patience to be.

More than that would just be grease on the fire.

Fred

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:00 PM   #6
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

I have never checked how many people responded or read my threads,,,i didn't do it for that. I did it because i wanted to say or share something with the people here...Some found it interesting, some not...the rating was never important to me....but now Avalon is closing maybe i should go and check my "popularity" here... no offence to anybody here.....it was just about my approach...
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:20 PM   #7
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
I have never checked how many people responded or read my threads,,,i didn't do it for that. I did it because i wanted to say or share something with the people here...Some found it interesting, some not...the rating was never important to me....but now Avalon is closing maybe i should go and check my "popularity" here... no offence to anybody here.....it was just about my approach...
I'm not talking about a popularity contest. What I try to explain here is, that if a thread gets only a few replies, but is viewed regularly over a long period, it tells me that it's worthwhile to post new threads on that topic, because readers are interested in that subject.

It's just a 'scientific' approach on how a forum works, what is of interest to post & what isn't.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:20 PM   #8
bashi
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANCOSO View Post
I'm not talking about a popularity contest. What I try to explain here is, that if a thread gets only a few replies, but is viewed regularly over a long period, it tells me that it's worthwhile to post new threads on that topic, because readers are interested in that subject.

It's just a 'scientific' approach on how a forum works, what is of interest to post & what isn't.
Areed. I think its good to be aware of the development of a self generated thread. Through this feedback one can get the topic-info more efficiently across.

bashi is offline   Reply With Quote