Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 06-01-2009, 10:01 AM   #1
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Default Air France airbus goes down

Hi Everybody,

Just got word that an Air France Airbus went down off the Brazilian coast with 215 aboard. The flight number I believe is AF 447.

It was going from Rio de Janeiro to Paris and went off the radar over the sea.

Normally the air routes follow the coast until the Northeastern tip of Brazil and make a right to fly over Cabo Verde and on to the African coast where they follow the coast up to Europe.

The weather here in Recife is heavy rain and could be a factor.

It's not clear if the aeroplane went down before the 'right turn' or just after. When I get more news I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steve

Last edited by Steve_A; 06-01-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:19 AM   #2
Avid
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Air France airbus goes down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_A View Post
Hi Everybody,

Just got word that an Air France Airbus went down off the Brazilian coast with 215 aboard. The flight number I believe is AF 447.

Normally the air routes follow the coast until the Northeastern tip of Brazil and make a right to fly over Cabo Verde and on to the African coast where they follow the coast up to Europe.

It's not clear if the aeroplane went down before the 'right turn' or just after. When I get more news I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steve
Pray they'll be saved
Avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:19 AM   #3
Seth Haniel
Avalon Senior Member

Location: Hartlepool England But Moving Shortly to Fauldhouse Scotland
Cool Re: Air France airbus goes down

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8076848.stm
Seth Haniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:27 AM   #4
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Update:

The flight left Rio de Janeiro at around 7pm Sunday (10pm GMT).

The Brazilian airforce has already began searches starting from the Northeastern coast (where the plane makes a right turn) outbound.

Will update when I get more info.

218 people aboard.

Quote:
Hi Everybody,

Best regards,

Steve
Old 06-01-2009, 01:01 PM   #5
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Default A passenger plane missing..

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/am...zil/index.html

And a week ago I had a dream that, because of some turbulence, a plane crashed and all people died. In my dream there were also animals in the cargo, but maybe this was symbolic of something as in the cargo there were a tiger and a horse...
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:19 PM   #6
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

The numbers are changing....
I didn't notice that post and put up the same information....
Old 06-01-2009, 01:33 PM   #7
Illumination
Avalon Senior Member

Oh no. I hope you did not have any friends or family aboard, Steve.

Last edited by Illumination; 06-01-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Illumination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:37 PM   #8
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: A passenger plane missing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/am...zil/index.html

...in the cargo there were a tiger and a horse...
I don't see that in the article. Did that come from a different article?
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:18 PM   #9
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

How do they know the plane went down.....the article I read said 228 people on board including pilots, 7 children, and 1 baby.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:40 PM   #10
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashore View Post
I don't see that in the article. Did that come from a different article?
No,no..... in my dreams there were those animals.....
Old 06-01-2009, 02:45 PM   #11
sleepingnomore

It was reported that it just disappeared off radar.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:57 PM   #12
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi waitinginthewings,

There were 228 people on board including the crew which included 3 pilots and I beleive 7 cabin crew. I just relayed the information that I had at the time.

The plane probably went down as apparently the Brazilian airforce was asked to start a search three hours after the last contact with the flight. If the aeroplane is still up there, it would have appeared by now.

I said in my initialpost that the weather here was heavy rain (I live very close to Recife) and weather reports indicated heavy turbulence in the area at the time.

On 25th May, a flight going to Sâo Paulo from Miami struck heavy turbulence as it came over this region, so much turbulence that passengers were thrown up against the ceiling of the aircraft:

http://www.estadao.com.br/noticias/c...s,377256,0.htm

It seems that heavy weather is increasing over the South Atlantic. Watch out for the hurricanes up north!

Air France said that there was also an electrical fault reported and so this also could have contributed to the disappearance.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
How do they know the plane went down.....the article I read said 228 people on board including pilots, 7 children, and 1 baby.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:17 PM   #13
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Hi waitinginthewings,

There were 228 people on board including the crew which included 3 pilots and I beleive 7 cabin crew. I just relayed the information that I had at the time.

The plane probably went down as apparently the Brazilian airforce was asked to start a search three hours after the last contact with the flight. If the aeroplane is still up there, it would have appeared by now.

I said in my initialpost that the weather here was heavy rain (I live very close to Recife) and weather reports indicated heavy turbulence in the area at the time.

On 25th May, a flight going to Sâo Paulo from Miami struck heavy turbulence as it came over this region, so much turbulence that passengers were thrown up against the ceiling of the aircraft:

http://www.estadao.com.br/noticias/c...s,377256,0.htm

It seems that heavy weather is increasing over the South Atlantic. Watch out for the hurricanes up north!

Air France said that there was also an electrical fault reported and so this also could have contributed to the disappearance.

Best regards,

Steve
Thank you for the update, I'm avoiding the news these days. I hope there are survivors, and am praying for all involved.
Unified Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:23 PM   #14
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

In that dream the interior of the plane was all charred...
Old 06-01-2009, 03:39 PM   #15
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
In that dream the interior of the plane was all charred...
It is amazing that you had this dream...
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:47 PM   #16
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Air France Flight 447, an Airbus A330, left Rio on Sunday at 7 p.m. local time (2200 GMT, 6 p.m. EDT) with 216 passengers and 12 crew members on board, company spokeswoman Brigitte Barrand.

About four hours later, the plane sent an automatic signal indicating electrical problems while going through strong turbulence, Air France said.

The plane "crossed through a thunderous zone with strong turbulence" at 0200 GMT Monday (10 p.m. EDT Sunday). An automatic message was received fourteen minutes later "signaling electrical circuit malfunction."

Brazil's Air Force said the last contact it had with the Air France jet was at 0136 GMT (9:30 p.m. EDT Sunday), but did not say where the plane was then.

Brazil's air force was searching near the archipelago of Fernando de Noronha, about 300 kilometers (180 miles) northeast of the coastal city of Natal, a spokesman said, speaking on condition of anonymity in keeping with department policy.

The region is about 1,500 miles northeast of Rio.

Air France-KLM CEO Pierre-Henri Gourgeon, at a news conference at Charles de Gaulle Airport north of Paris, said the pilot had 11,000 hours of flying experience, including 1,700 hours flying this aircraft. No name was released.

"We are without doubt facing an air catastrophe," Gourgeon said. "At this time, the plane's fuel reserves would not permit it to still be in flight."

He said the plane was "very far" from Brazilian coast when last contact was made, without providing details.

Aviation experts said the risk the plane was brought down by lightning was slim.

"Lightning issues have been considered since the beginning of aviation. They were far more prevalent when aircraft operated at low altitudes. They are less common now since it's easier to avoid thunderstorms," said Bill Voss, president and CEO of Flight Safety Foundation, Alexandria, Va.

He said planes have specific measures built in to help dissipate electricity along the aircraft's skin.

"I cannot recall in recent history any examples of aircraft being brought down by lightning," he told The Associated Press.

Experts said the absence of a mayday call meant something happened very quickly.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/brazil_plane
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #17
lemon_sky88
Avalon Senior Member

Default Air France jet missing over Atlantic, 228 on board

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/lt_brazil_plane

Alieans? Govt Conspiracy?
lemon_sky88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:05 PM   #18
lemon_sky88
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Air France jet missing over Atlantic, 228 on board

The Brazilian military dispatched planes and ships to search for survivors. Among the 216 passengers on the Airbus A330 were seven children and a baby; the plane carried a crew of 12. The crash would be the first ever by an operational A330. "Modern airliners do not just go missing," an industry expert told Bloomberg. "They were en route and should have been fine."
lemon_sky88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:10 PM   #19
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Check the News and Updates section. There's a couple threads on it there.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:33 PM   #20
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

In Poland they have interviewed a pilot and he said that sth quite unexpected must have happened there.....
Old 06-01-2009, 06:48 PM   #21
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Lightning and Other Weather Threats to Airplanes,

The disappearance of an Air France jet that hit a patch of thunderstorms and lightning over the Atlantic Ocean last night raises questions about the aviation threats that natural hazards pose and just how dangerous they are.

Some officials have said a lightning strike could have disabled the plane. That would be a rare incident, though there are several other weather phenomena that pilots must be wary of. Following are some of these hazards, with an idea of just how much risk they hold for millions of flights around the globe each year:

Lightning

A handful of jets have been blown up by lightning, including a Pan American flight in 1963 that killed 83 people. But radar and other improvements in weather forecasting now make thunderstorms - and their lightning - easier to avoid.

In the early 1980s, NASA flew a jet into a thunderstorm on a test. It was hit 72 times in 45 minutes and gave scientists valuable data.

Commercial planes are still hit about once a year, research from the University of Florida has shown. A strike typically starts at a wingtip, nose or tail and courses through the aircraft's skin, which is often made of aluminum-a good conductor. Many strikes are initiated by the plane itself, and most occur during the climb to cruising altitude or descent and when the plane is in a cloud.

The plane's lights might flicker, but most of the energy just heads back into the sky if there are no gaps in the aircraft's skin.

Modern jets often employ advanced composite materials, which are not so conductive.

Another airborne threat can come when birds get sucked into a jet engine.

Turbulence

Turbulence is a more common problem - almost all airline passengers have likely experienced a bumpy ride at some point.

Turbulence is air movement that normally cannot be seen and often occurs unexpectedly. It can happen because of changes in air pressure, jet streams, waves created by the influence of mountains, cold or warm fronts, and thunderstorms. It can even occur when the sky is clear.

Turbulence can't always be predicted and radars can't detect it.

Turbulence is the leading cause of non-fatal in-flight injuries, according to the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration, usually because passengers or crew aren't wearing seatbelts.

While turbulence may cause you to knock your head hard, it isn't likely to be fatal. From 1980 through June 2004, U.S. air carriers had 198 turbulence accidents, resulting in 266 serious injuries and three fatalities, according to the FAA.

Thunderstorms

Thunderstorms pose a risk to planes during the stormy summer season.

In general, the risk posed by thunderstorms is from the convective motion of the air within them, the powerful updrafts and downdrafts that can push a plane around, potentially damaging it or worse. (These drafts are one of the stronger forms of turbulence.)

There are dedicated forecasters who send minute-by-minute weather information to aircraft to help them avoid hazardous weather. Air traffic controllers also keep an eye on the weather in their area, to help in their effort to guide incoming and outgoing planes.

Radar can detect rotating air in storms which can indicate the potential presence of tornadoes.

Ice

In the winter, ice on the wings of planes can pose a significant risk (and a source of flight delays).

Icing occurs when supercooled water drops adhere to an aircraft wing and freeze (supercooled drops are liquid even though the temperature is below 32 degrees Fahrenheit, (0 degrees C). When ice builds up on the wings of an aircraft, it can simultaneously slow velocity and decrease lift, potentially sending a plane into a catastrophic dive, according to the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research.

Wing icing, which can occur in the air or on the ground as a craft waits for takeoff, has been the cause of many fatal aircraft crashes, including some involving airliners, though it is more of a hazard for commuter aircraft and other small planes. Icing causes dozens of accidents per year with smaller craft, a study by the National Transportation Safety Bureau found. An estimated 819 people died in accidents related to in-flight icing from 1982 to 2000, with most accidents occurring between the months of October and March, according to the same study.

In-flight icing downed the small plane carrying rock 'n' roll legends Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and The Big Bopper when their plane crashed soon after take-off from Mason City, Iowa, on February 3, 1959.

Different substances can be applied to plane wings to de-ice them before takeoff.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/...atstoairplanes
Old 06-01-2009, 06:51 PM   #22
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Ok, so I'll tell you more details...
The plane went down because another huge, huge plane flew above it and caused a turbulence. then the plane spiralled down but to the earth, not the ocean. i also saw number 202 or 201, but in my dream it seemed that it was the flight number....The details are a bit different as you can see....
And after that dream i had a bad feeling.....
Old 06-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #23
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Lemon_Sky,

Not really. I think it was severe turbulence that caused something to happen. The week before another plane almost didn't make it to Brazil, this time coming from Miami, over the same region because of turbulence. Passengers claimed they were literally thrown against the ceiling of the aircraft and that the turbulence happened 'de repente' (all of a sudden) without warning.

These days we are just beginning the winter season and tropical storms are common. It could be that these tropical storms are being a little more aggressive (extreme climate change?).

It would be interesting to know if the weather experts have any information on this theory.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon_sky88 View Post
Old 06-01-2009, 08:25 PM   #24
Illumination
Avalon Senior Member

I agree, Steve. Turbulence happens and extraordinary storms are happening at an ever increasing clip. I hope this does not mean more Katrina type hurricanes for the Caribbean islands and the US southeast. I have family who live on the Atlantic seaboard very close to the coast and I live inland, but close enough to get the violent rains/tornadoes from these super storms.

Yes it's all part of the extreme climate change. Folks need to look at the big picture. "Global Warming" has been dropped for "extreme climate change" because of these circumstances. Cold winters are "weather" while long-term trends are "climate."

Some folks blame HAARP and the chemtrail program for these systems, but there are many scientists who say that isn't necessary because Mother Earth's own living system of cause and effect has been prodded with rising temperatures in the sea and air to create these devastating storms.

Just my 3 cents.

Best.

Quote:

These days we are just beginning the winter season and tropical storms are common. It could be that these tropical storms are being a little more aggressive (extreme climate change?).
Illumination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:38 PM   #25
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

You are right about the turbulence.
This seems to be the case indeed.
My thoughts are with all these missing people and their families.
Always a sad thing.

Kindness
mudra

http://www.voanews.com/english/2009-06-01-voa27.cfmAir France Jet Missing After Hitting Storm Off Brazil
By VOA News
01 June 2009
An Air France passenger jet with more than 200 people on board has disappeared and is feared to have crashed off the coast of Brazil, after flying into strong tropical turbulence and probable lightning.

Authorities say Brazilian Air Force flight controllers last had contact with Flight 447 bound for Paris as it was leaving Brazilian airspace early Monday, 350 kilometers northeast of the coastal city of Natal, near the island of Fernando de Noronha.

In Paris, Air France said an automated alert shows the plane with 228 people on board then encountered storms and experienced a catastrophic systems failure before it was to have entered Senegalese airspace 50 minutes later.

Search operations are under way over the Atlantic, with elements of the Brazilian and French military searching a vast area of ocean described as three times larger than Europe.
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote