Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 01-16-2010, 09:47 PM   #26
realitycorrodes
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Everything You Believe In, Is Based Upon Lies!

I visited a prison once. When I was there I met a person who had gone crazy. This person believed they were a god creating everything. The prison guards appeared to this crazy person as servants. The sloppy food appeared like some kind of magnificent banquet and so on....No matter how much I tried to communicate with this crazy person they simply would not believe that they were actually in prison. I managed to talk to some of the other prisoners who knew they were in prison and with great carerfully I devised a plan to help them escape. Needless to say they escaped! The crazy person is still sitting in their prison which they believe is some kind of heaven. Beautiful and hilarious don't you think? The real kicker is that no of what I said above is truth for me. But hey I imagined so maybe I created it for some imaginative people somewhere? Who knows?

All I know for absolute sure is that .... I know absolutely nothing!

Peace and liberation to all with no strings attached!
realitycorrodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:09 PM   #27
realitycorrodes
Avalon Senior Member

oops...mental note...always check to make sure that there is not something written on the other side!

Last edited by realitycorrodes; 01-16-2010 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Wrote it down twice by accident...if there are accidents that is?
Old 01-16-2010, 10:22 PM   #28
Ravens and Doves
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConsciousSponge View Post
Well then it is fortunate that I don't believe in any"thing"

Now we're getting somewhere. Thank you, C. Sponge and others who feel that there IS a thead of TRUTH to be sought and found.... even if it's just a thread - and a thread waving like a banner of humilty in the shifting winds of an ever-changing universe.

I believe in LOVE.

And love is NOT a deception.

Paul

http://ravensanddoves.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37yVk...eature=related
Ravens and Doves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:54 PM   #29
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens and Doves View Post
Now we're getting somewhere. Thank you, C. Sponge and others who feel that there IS a thead of TRUTH to be sought and found.... even if it's just a thread - and a thread waving like a banner of humilty in the shifting winds of an ever-changing universe.

I believe in LOVE.

And love is NOT a deception.

Paul

http://ravensanddoves.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37yVk...eature=related
LOVE IS VERY PEACEFUL
TRANCOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:09 AM   #30
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by realitycorrodes View Post
I visited a prison once. When I was there I met a person who had gone crazy. This person believed they were a god creating everything. The prison guards appeared to this crazy person as servants. The sloppy food appeared like some kind of magnificent banquet and so on....No matter how much I tried to communicate with this crazy person they simply would not believe that they were actually in prison. I managed to talk to some of the other prisoners who knew they were in prison and with great carerfully I devised a plan to help them escape. Needless to say they escaped! The crazy person is still sitting in their prison which they believe is some kind of heaven. Beautiful and hilarious don't you think? The real kicker is that no of what I said above is truth for me. But hey I imagined so maybe I created it for some imaginative people somewhere? Who knows?

This is exactly my belief too. Once upon a time, I thought I had the answers to my questions, & I woke up one morning and realized I know absolutely nothing. At first this was a daunting realization & felt that I would have to start all over again. But after a period of mulling things over, I actually made peace with this "not knowing" & now I am quite happy to just not know. Its all ok.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:50 AM   #31
realitycorrodes
Avalon Senior Member

Waitinginthewings

I guess we both have experienced a little of the real meaning behind the word "surrender" and dare I say it cos I hate "blind faith" but somehow I got a concept of "genuine faith in absolute nothing" - by the way I am not religious.

This understanding came to me in meditation - not that it gives it anymore value - in fact it could be valueless.

It's kinda like "you can't use the mind to conquer the mind!"

It's really a huge load off!

Its funny I look at your user name - I don't know if it is any conincidence but I used to tell people when they asked me what do I do?... I used to reply that I am merely waiting within a waiting room which is itself waiting within a waiting room and so on ad infinitum!

Its probably no coincidence!

Wishing you freedom from the possibility of suffering!

P.S. If you ask me it's been a failed experiment down here. Best pack the whole show up and don't start anything like it ever again.

But as I say I don't know anything.

Merely speculating or is it imagining?
Old 01-17-2010, 01:19 AM   #32
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

Religion the bringer of death and all that is evil

just ask the ones murdered in the name of it and the children abused sexuallly in the name of it ............
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:24 AM   #33
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

Quote:

I believe that there is change ....there is change

If I believe slop tastes like a grand meal....for me it is grand meal.

My reality should not depend on others.

Peace

Last edited by Stargazer1965; 02-04-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Stargazer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:55 PM   #34
realitycorrodes
Avalon Senior Member

I forgot the ending to the prison story!

Years later while the people who escaped from the prison were kicking back in Mexico, they woke up one morning to read in the paper that the crazy man in prison had been raped in prison and had developed some kind of immunosuppressant virus. All the prison guards testified that he spent the rest of his life in excruciating physical pain and died a horrible death. Apparently his ability to mentally twist things around in his mind (e.g.to turn prison guards into servants etc.) only worked provided that the events that occurred around him DID NOT CAUSE PHYSICAL PAIN. Once a REAL EVENT intruded upon the crazy mans fantasies as REAL LIFE PHYSICAL PAIN (to the physical body) the crazy man was somehow unable to create a fantasy about it and had no choice but to suffer the physicl pain just like every other no crazy person.

Denail only works up to a point!

I met a wise man once who told me that if I ever wanted to test the authenticity of a mans enlightenment all I needed to do was to take a burning match and burn them. If they did not flinch and if there was no sign of a burn on their arm where they were burned then they were the real thing...an enlightened being. All others he said where all just talk! Pretenders...phonies as Holden Caulfield would say from the book "Catcher in the Rye".
Old 01-18-2010, 08:57 PM   #35
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer1965 View Post
I believe that there is change ....there is change

If I believe slop tatses like a grand meal....for me it is grand meal.

My reality should not depend on others.

Peace
That's what I call 'hitting a nail on the head'!
Old 01-18-2010, 10:13 PM   #36
realitycorrodes
Avalon Senior Member

Everything You Believe In, Is Based Upon LIES!

What is denial?

Denail is when a person lies to themselves...is it not?

There is only one...it's name is truth!

I sense if you truly want the PEACE you always end your messges with then being truthful about admitting you have a problem is perhaps a good place to start.

After all, you can't fix a REAL problem if you keep pretending you don't have it!

Pretending you don't have a REAL problem won't make it go away!

I hate to give good people bad news.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:11 AM   #37
MyShadow
Avalon Senior Member

Such a great topic idea - and metaphorically that story is interesting if you can see past the language.

Everything you believe in is well - a better way of putting it is - you are a product of your environment. Your beliefs and filters DO come from others opinions, stories and you are constantly validating each thing that comes to your and accepting or rejecting it (within degrees) and forming your own filters and beliefs.

So it is important to use your discernment against what comes to you from others. But fear not them - it's not intentional "lies" - it's you observing their fleeting beliefs and sometimes forgetting the validation/discernment piece. That's all - and we all do this. There is no conspiracy here other than being human. The "powers that be" are only there - because you believe they are. So within yourself, always question everything - challenge your own beliefs, don't be overly emotionally triggered when your truths emerge and they are different than others - the path of righteousness will put you back where you started. Focus on what you have in common.

Blessings,
MyShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:01 AM   #38
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyShadow View Post
Quote:
Such a great topic idea - and metaphorically that story is interesting if you can see past the language.
Everything you believe in is well - a better way of putting it is - you are a product of your environment. Your beliefs and filters DO come from others opinions, stories and you are constantly validating each thing that comes to your and accepting or rejecting it (within degrees) and forming your own filters and beliefs.

So it is important to use your discernment against what comes to you from others. But fear not them - it's not intentional "lies" - it's you observing their fleeting beliefs and sometimes forgetting the validation/discernment piece. That's all - and we all do this. There is no conspiracy here other than being human. The "powers that be" are only there - because you believe they are. So within yourself, always question everything - challenge your own beliefs, don't be overly emotionally triggered when your truths emerge and they are different than others - the path of righteousness will put you back where you started. Focus on what you have in common.
Blessings,
So nice to read you've understood exactly why I started this thread in the first place. But what's wrong with the language? (For the record, I'm Dutch, bro'.)
Old 01-19-2010, 01:39 AM   #39
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

Reality , dreams and fantasy they intermingle with each other in such a way that as a young idealistic person you have many dreams, then you realize that your dreams are actually a fantasy as you get older what you initially thought to be fantasy and science fiction becomes reality.Such is life my friend. our believes, perceptions and realizations are constantly being challenge if you are conscious and aware. This wild ride that Bill and Kerry has taken us on becomes for me more real and I'm looking forward to break down a few more walls within my limited understanding of reality. May I say I'm having a great time breaking down these walls.
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:49 PM   #40
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

It's not about denial.....

"Oh wow my arm just got cut off....No I BELIEVE IT's STILL THERE"..I bleed to death

I know within the limits of my reality...I am very malleable

I won't grow that arm back but if there is something I can do within the limits of my reality...I can effect the arm being lost

I can put a tourniquet on and then rewire my reality to cope with just one arm.

I have done this many times...I have literally brainwashed myself.

If something is unpleasant I can wire around the problem and find new venues of solutions and leave the unpleasantness behind.

Not denial....Mental aerobics...

Don't hit a wall...

Go over

Around

UNDER

The PTW wire us to move in one selected direction and limit your options basically brainwashing for control.

You can brainwash yourself into believing there is almost nothing you can't do.

Use their chains to free yourself

Last edited by Stargazer1965; 01-19-2010 at 08:06 PM. Reason: grammar
Stargazer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:31 PM   #41
MyShadow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANCOSO View Post
So nice to read you've understood exactly why I started this thread in the first place. But what's wrong with the language? (For the record, I'm Dutch, bro'.)
Sorry - yeah my comment was not that clear I think we all have a preference in ways of saying similar things. One may choose a style of language that best expresses themselves - sometimes more direct, sometimes more esoteric. It's interesting though - if you can look past it - we mostly are saying similar things.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:04 AM   #42
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyShadow View Post
Sorry - yeah my comment was not that clear I think we all have a preference in ways of saying similar things. One may choose a style of language that best expresses themselves - sometimes more direct, sometimes more esoteric. It's interesting though - if you can look past it - we mostly are saying similar things.
That's ever so human.
Not listening to what others have to say, also is.
I wonder if there's a connection between the two...
Old 01-20-2010, 06:46 PM   #43
MyShadow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
That's ever so human.
Not listening to what others have to say, also is.
I wonder if there's a connection between the two...
Discernment is a learned behavior. Being on both ends of this stick (stating beliefs - evaluating beliefs) is also a growth process often plowed over by righteousness. The master knows how to transcend this.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:31 PM   #44
Kra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I think it is possible that there is some deception in believing you are a grand creator who can manifest anything. E.G. I have fully believed (with all my heart ) there to be a blue sky and great surf every morning I wake up for a whole month and yet everyday of that month was a grey sky with no surf. What alerts me to the possibility of mischief in this popular new age belief is the fact that it panders to the ego! I don't know but a red flag goes up in me the minute I sense information pandering with my ego.

The fact you believe in unicorns without knowing does not mean they don't actually exist. When you eventually find out they do exist then by chance your belief happilly conincided with a reality. However, it may be that your belief in absolute twaddle is such that it does not exist! Hence you go around thinking you are the creator of absolute twaddle when in truth you are not! The mind control programs are very amusing are they not.
With all due respect... that is your level of understanding... and i don't mean that as an offense.
Kra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:39 PM   #45
Ashatav
Avalon Senior Member

A Like stargate-SG1 to, great sci-fi serie!
Ashatav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:31 PM   #46
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashatav View Post
A Like stargate-SG1 to, great sci-fi serie!
And very revealing, 'between the lines'.
I wonder why there hasn't been made a sequel SG1 movie yet.
And a part 3, 4 & 41/2, for that matter.
So 'un-Ho(l)lywood' like, to not milk a cash machine like SG1 The Movie, to its max.

Last edited by TRANCOSO; 01-28-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:01 PM   #47
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
A long, long time ago, somewhere on a planet in a galaxy many thousands of lightyears away, there were beings like us, who over time evolved.

Than, one fine day, they became so advanced that they figured out how to turn themselves into pure energy, and ascend to a higher plain of existence.

Upon that, they discovered how to stay in this form & become even more powerful. This was done by tapping of the energy of ‘regular’ beings who worshipped them as Gods.

Armed with this knowledge they decided to create ‘self-replicating regulars’, whom they taught a religion that forced them to prostrate in Their Name.

The more the ascended were worshipped, the more powerful they became. So powerful in fact, that they started to believe themselves that they were indeed Gods.

To keep the ‘regulars’ believing in this religion, their society was build up in the shape of a pyramid. The higher up a ‘regular’ stood in the pyramid, the closer (s)he came to ascention.

For that was what the religion also taught. That the Gods were benevolent & in time would help the ‘regulars’ to ascend as well.

In this way, the Ascended accomplished their goal, to create an inexhaustible well of energy. The further they spread this religion over the inhabitable planets of their galaxy, the more they believed they actually were Gods.

And they lived happily ever after and still do, to this day, spread all over the planets of numerous galaxies.

One of these planets is called Gaia, or Earth, as most of us know it.

Just a brief reminder.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:48 PM   #48
Kra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
And very revealing, 'between the lines'.
I wonder why there hasn't been made a sequel SG1 movie yet.
And a part 3, 4 & 41/2, for that matter.
So 'un-Ho(l)lywood' like, to not milk a cash machine like SG1 The Movie, to its max.
The first stargate movie appeared in 1994. In 1997 started the TV Show named stargate sg-1 which had 10 seasons. In 2004 started stargate atlantis which had 5 seasons and later in 2009 started stargate universe. Meanwhile other two stargate movies have been produced. Stargate: Continuum and Stargate: The Ark of Truth both in 2008... and a 3rd one is in production for this year "Stargate: Revolution" (it's a working title as i understood). All three are continuing the stargate sg-1 (and maybe atlantis) story. For me it was the best sci-fi TV show... i saw everything that means stargate.
Kra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:44 PM   #49
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

'It is not so much WHAT you believe, but WHY you believe it.'
- Alex Collier

- We are manipulated by Belief Systems that are basically teaching/telling us WHAT to think/believe, not HOW to think.

- The education system's primary goal is to 'dumb down' students, rather than 'smart them up'.

Last edited by TRANCOSO; 02-04-2010 at 02:57 PM.