Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 02-20-2009, 12:08 PM   #1
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Top This One For A Speeding Ticket!

Two California Highway Patrol Officers were conducting speeding enforcement on I-15, just north of the Marine Corps Air Station at Miramar. One of the officers was using a hand held radar device to check speeding vehicles approaching the crest of a hill. The officers were suddenly surprised when the radar gun began reading 300 miles per hour. The officer attempted to reset the radar gun, but it would not reset and then turned off.

Just then a deafening roar over the treetops revealed that the radar had in fact locked on to a USMC F/A-18 Hornet which was engaged in a low flying exercise near the location.
Back at the CHP Headquarters the Patrol Captain fired off a complaint to the USMC Base Commander. The reply came back in true USMC style:

Thank you for your letter. We can now complete the file on this incident. You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Hornet had detected the presence of, and subsequently locked on, to your hostile radar equipment and automatically sent a jamming signal back to it, which is why it shut down.

Furthermore, an Air-to-Ground missile aboard the fully armed aircraft had also automatically locked on to your equipment location.

Fortunately, the Marine Pilot flying the Hornet recognized the situation for what it was, quickly responded to the missile system alert status and was able to override the automated defense system before the missile was launched to destroy the hostile radar position.

The pilot also suggests you cover your mouths when cussing at them, since the video systems on these jets are very high tech.
Sergeant Johnson, the officer holding the radar gun, should get his dentist to check his left rear molar. It appears the filling is loose. Also, the snap is broken on his holster.
Thank you for your concern.
Semper Fi
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #2
Steve_G

Default Re: Top This One For A Speeding Ticket!

I wonder if I can get one of those systems for my car?
Old 02-20-2009, 01:00 PM   #3
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Yeah you need a system of heatseekers attached to your bonnet also to release!!lol.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:10 PM   #4
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

That's good, he should've fired like a warning shot or something just to scare the cop, LOL! And I like their response, funny!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:13 PM   #5
iainl140285
Avalon Senior Member

Just class!
iainl140285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:10 PM   #6
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

yes, this is funny; but; wayne, you didn't post all the pictures LOL
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:36 PM   #7
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

hahahaha, !!!!
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:43 PM   #8
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXchanger View Post
yes, this is funny; but; wayne, you didn't post all the pictures LOL
There were only two Sue and i thought the sound barrier hornet was a tad better than the one coming into land!lol.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:52 PM   #9
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

I actually got pulled over two days ago for speeding, 54mph in a 30mph zone, I had just picked up some food from a place and was on my way home. Well this big ol southern redneck cop walks up to my truck and asks what my hurry was, I told him because I had hot food I just picked up and smiled at him. I gave him my license and he said he'd be right back, but as he was walking away I said that I can't afford to pay a ticket because I'm going through bankruptcy as we speak.
So he runs my license and it checks out ok and he walks back to my truck and says if you can't afford a ticket than slow down and you won't have to worry about it, right?, so he let me off with a warning! woohoo!, a..shole, LOL!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:58 PM   #10
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

You were lucky theer jack!!lol.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:39 PM   #11
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

A bloke spots a cop in his rear view mirror with lights flashing and siren sounding. Realizing that he's traveling faster than he should be, he plants his foot and leads the cop on a merry chase until he is finally pulled over.

"Okay boyo, what's your hurry? If you can come up with an original excuse, I might not give you a ticket" says the cop.

The bloke hesitates for a split second then replies, "well officer, my wife, to whom I'd been married for 14 years, left me and ran off with a cop last week. When I saw your lights in my rear view mirror, I panicked - I thought it was him and he was bringing her back.

He didn't get a ticket.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:10 PM   #12
Czymra
Avalon Senior Member

I just want to bump this. I love this story.
Czymra is offline   Reply With Quote