Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Archived Threads - Read Only

Notices

Archived Threads - Read Only For threads not posted in for 30 days

Old 09-14-2008, 03:06 AM   #1
QUESTINY
Avalon Senior Member

Default Belize News: Beware - a dollar storm of unthinkable proportions is coming!

Belize News: Beware - a dollar storm of unthinkable proportions is coming!
I found this over at Goldismoney.info without any links...

Over the weekend of July 13th, the United States Treasury and Federal Reserve bailed out to the tune of some USD $ 9 billion their friends from Wall Street (Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac), and over this weekend of September 6th they put up some USD $ 3 billion more of taxpayers’ money, along with the decision to give unlimited credit to insolvent Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, since in effect they have been nationalized by the United States government. The Sunday Telegraph of the UK called it “the biggest financial bailout of all time.”

Most experts agree that this bailout will cost United States’ taxpayers over $ 3 trillion to $ 4 trillion dollars, and cause the debt ceiling of the government to nearly double from some $ 9 trillion. These two lenders of last-resort together account for nearly half of all mortgages issued or guaranteed in the United States. The CEO of Pimco, the giant US bond firm, said on Thursday that the “collapse of these giants would let loose a fire storm of immense proportions,” while Jim Rogers of Rogers Holdings, a former partner of mega speculator George Soros, told Bloomberg News that he thought that both Paulson (U.S. Treasury) and Bernanke (Federal Reserve) were audacious to use taxpayers’ money to bail out their Wall Street friends.

Since the collapse of the global financial system started last August, the Fed European Central Bank has pumped over USD $1.2 trillion in the financial sector to bail out the insolvent institutions. The result has been a “disaster”: the bloodletting has not stopped, but is now getting worse. The USD $1.2 trillion has caused the worst hyper-inflation since the 1920’s, as crude oil went from USD $ 45 per barrel to today’s USD $110 per barrel while soybeans went from $ 7.46 per bushel to $ 11.59 per bushel, rice from $ 8.45 per hundred weight (cwt) to today’s $ 18.35 per cwt. Steel has risen from $390 per ton to today’s $ 785 per ton for rebar, cement has gone from $ 58 per ton to $ 89 per ton in just eight months, and corn prices rose some 84% in just nine months.

Imagine what is going to happen in the next few weeks and months as the USD $3 trillion to $ 4 trillion works its way through the financial system? If USD $ 1.2 trillion caused so many problems, what will be the results of pumping USD $ 3 – 4 trillion into a bankrupt system?

In a few weeks or months, the United States dollar will blow out as a result of the massive pump priming by the US Fed and Treasury, and with it all countries who depend on the United States dollar, while crude oil will most likely hit over USD $ 250 per barrel as the value of the United States dollar collapses, and the immense $ 3 - 4 trillion finds somewhere to park. Every first year economics student knows that something must back money and that such immense volume of money chasing so few goods, will result in not regular inflation, but hyper-inflation, as was the case in Weimer Germany in 1923 and today’s Zimbabwe.

The only rational solution is orderly bankruptcy under the United States type “Chapter 11 Laws”. But the ruling oligarchy has decided to keep the mass of “worthless paper” rather than lose their perceived wealth and influence, even if it means World War III, since in their view, moneys, not human beings, are important.

A small semi-independent nation-state like Belize only has a few options. We can use our friendship with Venezuela to join and help get off-the-ground the Bank of the South; use the sovereign power of government to reduce the local cost of diesel, gasoline and butane to half or less of current prices; ask China to help us with technology and know-how to start and sustain a local manufacturing industry; partner with Venezuela and Colombia in the development and construction of the land-bridge (railway) between Central America to South America; and push the United States, Russia, China, and India to lead all humanity in a new just world economic order and financial system based on the sovereignty of the nation-state.

The above are the only options open to Belize if we are to survive the coming man-made hurricane and survive as a viable nation-state.
The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.
--Cicero, 55 BC
QUESTINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 06:14 PM   #2
ophiuchus
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Belize News: Beware - a dollar storm of unthinkable proportions is coming!

i agree with your posting. every time i speak to someone or people about this and all the things on these blogs they think absurdity! they want to know what drug am i on and leave laughing. this is very frustrating and causes me to constantly re-think am i loosing it. why is it i can reach only 1 in a 1000 who believe or who are curious enough to search further.
ophiuchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 06:16 PM   #3
QUESTINY
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Belize News: Beware - a dollar storm of unthinkable proportions is coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophiuchus View Post
i agree with your posting. every time i speak to someone or people about this and all the things on these blogs they think absurdity! they want to know what drug am i on and leave laughing. this is very frustrating and causes me to constantly re-think am i loosing it. why is it i can reach only 1 in a 1000 who believe or who are curious enough to search further.
Most people don't want to know. It scares them. It's easier for them to dismiss it and worry about how to make the next mortgage payment.
QUESTINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 06:56 PM   #4
lightworkers
Avalon Senior Member

George Carlin: "It's Called the American Dream Because You Have To Be Asleep to Believe It".
lightworkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:30 PM   #5
Zarathustra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUESTINY View Post
Most people don't want to know. It scares them. It's easier for them to dismiss it and worry about how to make the next mortgage payment.
I can't say it any better than that.
Zarathustra is offline   Reply With Quote