Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Contactees

Notices

Contactees Share your experiences - NO Spam please

Old 10-14-2008, 02:35 PM   #1
matronmedusa
Avalon Senior Member

Default My dreams...

Ever since I was a little girl, I had these disturbing dreams of looking into the skies and seeing all sorts of things flying around, shooting at each other, and chaos on the ground below. Always different dreams, but the same scenarios. It seemed that EVERY time I looked to the sky in my dream, even if I saw nothing, I KNEW something terrifying was going to happen, and I would wake myself quickly, out of fear. It seemed at least once or twice a month I was having these sorts of dreams, and it absolutely terrified me. It was total chaos, and I always thought of Armageddon.

One time, a few years back, I dreamed I looked to the sky and saw orbs (like spirits) dancing around the night sky. The stars began to move, and before I knew it, there were dragons flying with the orbs, and they began circling like vultures. Soon, the whole night sky was lit up with all shapes and sizes of craft. The dragons landed in front of me, and began to surround me. They looked like half man/ half dragon, like a creature from the old dungeons and dragons game. I had a sword, and fought furiously, but as I was overcome, I woke up in a sweat.

There have been many, many more since then, but the more I have these dreams, the less afraid I am. Big step from a little girl hiding under her blanket when she wakes in a cold sweat!

In one of the dreams, I was on a boat in the middle of the ocean watching over some children playing on the deck. The blue sky lit up with a flash, and a craft came down as some strange men began boarding the boat. I confronted them, questioning their intentions, and I got an uneasy feeling. I felt they were coming for the children, so I stood my ground and told them, "Oh no, not this time!" As soon as I stood up to them, they slunk away and disappeared. I felt empowered...like "How DARE they!"

In most of them, though, I see chaos and war, and my husband and I are the ones gathering people and leading them to safety. We run, dodging falling debris, and trying to stay out of sight of the "evil" ones...

The most recent one, though, was very different. I dreamed the family and I were in a car, and we actually drove up to the night sky; parked on a beam of light. A friend of mine was in the backseat, and as we looked out the sunroof, we saw an amazing spectacle of craft and lights. I gasped, and said, "How beautiful!" My husband said, "We have the chance to stay," but my friend said, "I can't take this!" and jumped out of the car back to earth! I was frustrated, because I wanted to stay so badly, but I felt obligated to consoling my friend, and we went back.

Just dreams?? Or contact on a subconscious level?? I don't know. I know that they've haunted me since I was a small child, and as grew up, I began to understand that they weren't ALL to be feared. The dragons are always after me though, and they are relentless and dangerous. I always fight them, usually sacrificing myself so my children can get to safety, but I always wake up before I am captured or die.

Any thoughts or analysis??
matronmedusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:29 PM   #2
Chris1617
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: My dreams...

I'm not suggesting this applies to you. That is for you to decide, of course; but when a client of Jung's told him of his dream with a fearful monster coming up out of the water or sky and threatening him making him feel really terrified Jung inquired as to whether he had just found a new lady friend. The man replied in the affirmative. Jung then suggested he consider marrying her.

That advice may not have been intended literally; but it also might have been.

I was tested once in a dream wherein I was completely alone in an old, cold mansion with all kinds of ghosts, devilish spirits and demons flying around the sky. I knew this was a test of what to do and how to respond. Does one become afraid and run with the fear? Should I fight? I decided to love them all absolutely, because all I am is love and they can have it all and be love with me. They then all disappeared. Love really is the greatest power.

Those demons, devils, and ghosts had two choices from my response: Leave because they neither wanted the love nor wished to be associated with it; or they could stay and be transformed by the love becoming one with it -- because that was all there was, all I was, and all I am.

It is all you are too. Never fear your own love.
Chris1617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:54 PM   #3
Danielle

Hi Matronmedusa,
I too have, and always have had very vivid, very realistic dreams. I found it hard to distinguish between what I take from them and what my mind is exercising out in its subconsious. More and more as I have gotten older these dreams have become both disturbing and recurrent.

I have also had very confrontational dreams almost like an action film, but in my dreams people are never quite what they seem, somehow masked or with a wrong voice, and these are the people that in my waking life I am wary of and tend to steer clear of. This usually proves a useful exercise.

My point is that with your dreams, it's important to follow what you feel. I tried for years to analyse my dreams with books and websites all of which (no matter what I dreamed) somehow told me that I was conflicted about decisions I had to make-which just confused me more.

I believe that for different people, dreams work on different levels. To some it is their mind working out the day to day issues that it deals with, to others- I believe those more in tune with themselves- its a way of communicating with a part of yourself that is normally dormant, like instinct in a way. Some days now, I wake up after a particularly mad dream and tell my partner about it (who looks at me like I am insane) and I can kind of relate something in it to something that has to be done, or something I have to look out for. It's almost like paying too much attention to it made it harder for me to understand.

As I say for different people it means different things. I am becoming a very spiritual person and find it hard to clear my head of day to day mess, I cannot, no matter how hard I try meditate effectively in the conventional sense. I believe that my dreams, and the new found clarity that I have when it comes to interpretting them are, and possibly always were a form of meditation or guidance, that I just never understood.

Maybe your dreams are messages too, maybe to be taken literally, maybe not, or maybe they are just dreams. I believe that your natural instinct will give you your answer to that. But be grateful for them. I watched a documentary a few months ago about testing people's functionality when they are put under conditions which prevent them from dreaming, and it was not heathy or pretty!

Regards,

Danielle
Old 10-15-2008, 01:07 PM   #4
matronmedusa
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you for the feedback!

I've always had dreams that come true (I think maybe everyone does now and again)...sometimes they're very literal, and sometimes very cryptic. I'm usually very good at discerning between dreams I should pay close attention to and dreams that are simply playing out my emotions and issues with day to day life.

A few weeks ago I dreamed I was in an old musty house, and a couple we know were moving in. My friend's husband went off with my husband to do the "guy" thing, and my friend began showing me their "new" house. She said, "There's just one little problem with the house," and things began flying off the shelves at her. "It's haunted." She looked miserable and forlorn, and when I tried to console her, the "ghost" threw something in between us, and I stepped back. She picked it up and dusted her hands off, saying, "We're just going to have to deal with this somehow."

The very next day, my friend found out her husband was having an affair. The old "musty" house I guess was their relationship, or state of emotions with each other, and the "ghost" I think represented the "other woman." I tried to console her in real life, but she was angry and shot me down (the ghost throwing something between us). When her husband went off with my husband, I think that represented the "split," but then about a week later, they are back together, working things out, hence her saying in my dream, "We're just going to have to deal with this somehow." That was one of the cryptic ones...lol

I just don't have any explanations for my "Apocalyptic" dreams; they're the only ones that don't seem to pertain to anything going on in real life (that I know of). I just thought maybe someone out there has had similar dreams, and what they meant for them??
matronmedusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:03 PM   #5
Chris1617
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matronmedusa View Post
Ever since I was a little girl, I had these disturbing dreams of looking into the skies and seeing all sorts of things flying around, shooting at each other, and chaos on the ground below. Always different dreams, but the same scenarios. It seemed that EVERY time I looked to the sky in my dream, even if I saw nothing, I KNEW something terrifying was going to happen, and I would wake myself quickly, out of fear. It seemed at least once or twice a month I was having these sorts of dreams, and it absolutely terrified me. It was total chaos, and I always thought of Armageddon.

One time, a few years back, I dreamed I looked to the sky and saw orbs (like spirits) dancing around the night sky. The stars began to move, and before I knew it, there were dragons flying with the orbs, and they began circling like vultures. Soon, the whole night sky was lit up with all shapes and sizes of craft. The dragons landed in front of me, and began to surround me. They looked like half man/ half dragon, like a creature from the old dungeons and dragons game. I had a sword, and fought furiously, but as I was overcome, I woke up in a sweat.
Just my opinion, but these sound to me like dreams from the far deeper realms of your own inner levels of consciousness. The sky can often represent the unconscious. That's big enough to make it feel apocalyptic, and this can be added to by your being a vivid dreamer. I have had dreams of skies full of craft, and in my case, I realize now that these were actually wish fulfillment coupled with image manifestation of my interest. Whatever the mind focuses on it manifests in dreams.

Now you are older do you think Armageddon will be a battle with the sky full of different craft? Should that (Armag) happen it will likely be missiles or very similar looking craft in the sky.

Quote:
There have been many, many more since then, but the more I have these dreams, the less afraid I am. Big step from a little girl hiding under her blanket when she wakes in a cold sweat!
This is somewhat typical of someone who grows up to handle the content of their own unconscious.

Quote:
In one of the dreams, I was on a boat in the middle of the ocean watching over some children playing on the deck. The blue sky lit up with a flash, and a craft came down as some strange men began boarding the boat. I confronted them, questioning their intentions, and I got an uneasy feeling. I felt they were coming for the children, so I stood my ground and told them, "Oh no, not this time!" As soon as I stood up to them, they slunk away and disappeared. I felt empowered...like "How DARE they!"
I find these types of dreams fascinating tests in which we are challenged to see how we will respond. Do we really have our values right when the reality is changed? These IMO really reinforce our understanding at deeper levels. Deepening our understanding and level of experience they lead to the development of wisdom, one of life's main goals. This illustrates IMO one way in which our psyche can assist in the development of wisdom, which is dependent upon experience, knowledge, intelligence, understanding and other heart frequencies, notably in your example, of compassion, appreciation and valor.

Quote:
In most of them, though, I see chaos and war, and my husband and I are the ones gathering people and leading them to safety. We run, dodging falling debris, and trying to stay out of sight of the "evil" ones...
Do the two of you run something like a Marriage Guidance Council? Perhaps you could. Or maybe you see the two of you as a guide and helper of mankind.

Quote:
Just dreams?? Or contact on a subconscious level?? I don't know. I know that they've haunted me since I was a small child, and as grew up, I began to understand that they weren't ALL to be feared. The dragons are always after me though, and they are relentless and dangerous. I always fight them, usually sacrificing myself so my children can get to safety, but I always wake up before I am captured or die.

Any thoughts or analysis??
This is somewhat evocative of the psychology of Grail stories, which depict the dramas of growing up and becoming a true human being. Many are played out in the dream realm. The male too must learn to sacrifice himself, though first to the wife and then the family. The mother, of course, first to the children. These are the basic/archetypal psychological models. Defeating the dragons can show the male side within you fulfilling it's role as the crusading warrior on the noble journey. Eventually he learns it is not necessary to fight the dragons to defeat them; there are other more elegant ways; and greater purposes for him to reach his fulfillment.

These dragons may also represent men generally, or a man specifically, in your life.

Thank you for sharing your interesting dreams.

Last edited by Chris1617; 10-18-2008 at 05:06 PM.
Chris1617 is offline   Reply With Quote