Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 11-12-2009, 01:16 AM   #1
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Default The World's Most Powerful People 2009

Barack Obama

© AP Photo/Gerald Herbert

How powerful is he? Let's count the ways:
  • Presides over world's largest, most innovative, most dynamic economy.
  • Commander-in-chief of planet's richest, deadliest military.
  • Finger on button of nuclear arsenal containing more than 5,000 warheads.
  • Head-of-state of world's sole superpower.
  • His Democrats have majorities in both U.S. House and Senate.
  • Recently awarded Nobel Peace Prize, apparently for general awesomeness.
  • Hu Jintao

© John Moore/Getty Images
    • Paramount political leader of more people than anyone else on the planet; 1.3 billion Chinese, some 70% in their prime working years of ages 15 to 64 powering world's low-cost workshop, transforming nation.
    • Biggest buyer of U.S. debt avoided Chinese meltdown during financial crisis with massive stimulus package to encourage domestic spending.
    • "Coming-out party" at 2008 Beijing Olympic Games showcased young, modern, harmonious society; reality often quite different — few political, religious, press freedoms; brutal suppression of Tibet; refusal to acknowledge Taiwanese independence.
    • Still, credible estimates have China poised to overtake U.S. as world's largest economy in 25 years — although, crucially, not on a per-capita basis.
    • Vladimir Putin

© Alexey Druzhinin/AFP/Getty Images
      • Prime Minister might as well be known as Czar, Emperor and Autocrat of All the Russians.
      • Vastly more powerful than his handpicked head-of-state, President Dmitry Medvedev.
      • Presides over one-ninth of Earth's land area, vast energy and mineral resources.
      • Former KGB officer unafraid to wield his power; invading Georgia, cutting off natural gas supplies to Ukraine or Western Europe (again).
      • Declared nuclear power has veto on U.N.'s Security Council.
      • "I'm deeply convinced that constant change is not for the better."
      • Ben S. Bernanke

© AP Photo/Gerald Herbert
        • Former chairman of Princeton's economics department and noted Great Depression scholar now guiding world's largest economy through Great Recession; has overseen massive growth in Fed's balance sheet, from less than $900 billion in liabilities in August 2008 to more than $2.1 trillion today.
        • With federal funds rate now effectively 0%, the so-called Bernanke Doctrine calls for using monetary policy to stave off deflation.
        • "The U.S. government has a technology, called a printing press, that allows it to produce as many dollars as it wishes at essentially no cost."
        • Sergey Brin and Larry Page

© AP Photo/Paul Sakuma
          • If knowledge is power, maybe information is too. Brainy duo met in Stanford computer science Ph.D. program, now trying to put all the world's information at your fingertips.
          • Known for collecting best and brightest young tech talent at Mountain View, Calif., "Googleplex"; employees encouraged to spend one day a week on personal projects; company often named "Best Place To Work" in America.
          • Google guys' combined net worth of $30.6 billion would place them third on the Forbes 400.
          • Yet despite professed intentions to "do no evil," Google is blamed in some quarters for decimating traditional publishing, journalism. Brin: "Some say Google is God, others say Google is Satan."
          • Carlos Slim Helú

© Chris Hondros/Getty Images
            • World's third-richest man is dominant economic force in Mexico, personal fortune equivalent to some 2% of Mexican GDP.
            • Telecommunications monopolist: His Telemex owns 90% of Mexico's fixed telephone lines; his TelCel has 90% of wireless market.
            • Also head of group dedicated to improving Mexico's roads, energy infrastructure, water supply.
            • New focus, media: Last fall snapped up 7% stake in the New York Times Co., largest after Sulzberger owner-family.
            • "I think it's perverse to believe there shouldn't be strong companies in poor countries."
          • Rupert Murdoch

• "The man who owns the news" still believes in print, not afraid to use vast media holdings to further personal political views.
          • Media empire includes leading British (the Times), Australian (The Australian), American (The Wall Street Journal) newspapers, in addition to tabloids like the New York Post and The Sun (U.K.). Also movies (20th Century Fox), books (HarperCollins), television (Fox, BSkyB), online (MySpace).
          • Weak ad-marketing hurting his News Corp.: net loss of $3.4 billion in fiscal 2009, stock off March lows, but still well below 2007 levels, when he made a $5.6 billion gamble on Dow Jones. "Quality journalism isn't cheap."
          • Michael T. Duke

© Vivan Mehra/The India Today Group/Getty Images
            • Runs world's largest retailer, more country than company: $401 billion in annual sales, 2 million employees, 8,000 stores.
            • Wal-Mart alone is China's eighth-largest trading partner.
            • Largest private-sector employer in U.S.; favorite target of unions; blamed and praised for backing Obama health care proposals, shifting economic power from manufacturers to retailers, from mom-and-pop to big box.
            • "I am competitive by nature and I want to win."
            • Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz al Saud

© Marwan Naamani/AFP/Getty Images
              • Absolute ruler of desert kingdom that contains the world's largest crude oil reserves, two holiest sites in Islam.
              • State-owned oil producer Saudi Aramco most profitable company on Earth, earns more than $200 billion a year, has reserves of 260 billion barrels or 25% of planet's known supply.
              • Ultimate succession unclear: 85-year-old king's official heir is 81-year-old Crown Prince Sultan bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud.
              • In 2006, established committee of senior princes to ensure smooth transition in the event both become incapacitated.
              • William Gates III

© AP Photo/Chuck Burton
                • Richest man in the world dominated, transformed software business.
                • More than 85% of world's hundreds of millions of computer users stare at, struggle with, Microsoft products on daily basis.
                • Second act: Saving the world. Still Microsoft chairman, but now devotes day-to-day to his Bill & Melinda Gates foundation, the largest charity on Earth with $34 billion endowment. Foundation devoted to reducing hunger, improving education and fighting diseases like malaria, tuberculosis and AIDS.
                • Pope Benedict XVI

© AP Photo/Andrew Medichini
                  • Spiritual leader is highest earthly authority for 1 billion souls, or about one-sixth of planet's population; runs Catholic Church, world's oldest, largest multinational.
                  • A staunch traditionalist, unbending on reproductive matters, yet conservatism comforting to many.
                  • Silvio Berlusconi

© AP Photo/Andrew Medichin
                  • Prime Minister of Italy also media monopolist: Owns three television networks outright, controls three others through state. Also magazines, newspapers, advertising agencies.
                  • Beyond politics and publishing, sports: His AC Milan is one of the world's premier soccer teams.
                  • Colorful private life, bribery allegations, Cabinet member picks have caused him to be depicted as Europe's buffoon. Unfazed: Calls himself "the Jesus Christ of Italian politics."
                  • Jeffrey R. Immelt

© AP Photo/Mark Lennihan
                    • Heads General Electric, world's largest company.
                    • Financial services account for more than half of revenue, but also has major presence in energy, media, transportation and aviation.
                    • Company breeding ground for top executive talent; former GE brass have run companies ranging from Boeing to Rubbermaid.
                    • Company poised to profit from Obama health care plans and clean energy initiatives; one of planet's largest manufacturers of wind turbines. Yes we can: "You can either sit with a hood over your head and pretend things won't change, or you can get ready for it."
                    • Warren Buffett

© AP Photo/Matt Sayles
                      • Greatest value investor of all time shrewdly profiting from global financial crisis; snapped up stakes in Goldman Sachs, General Electric during darkest days of 2008.
                      • Opponent of inherited wealth has bequeathed vast majority of $40 billion fortune to buddy Bill Gates and his Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
                      • "Be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful."
                      • Angela Merkel

© AP Photo/Markus Schreiber
                        • Most powerful woman on planet.
                        • As chancellor of Germany, oversees Europe's largest economy and fifth-largest in the world with $2.9 trillion GDP.
                        • Renowned free-market champion and favorite of big business, favors Euro over waning greenback.
                        • Green cred: Leading European charge against greenhouse gases.

Last edited by Dantheman62; 11-12-2009 at 03:39 AM.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:29 AM   #2
Barcarolle
Retired Avalon Member

Default Re: The World's Most Powerful People 2009

you got it all wrong my friend, WE are the worlds most important people, these puppets you show us are the illusion of power, a mind control representation of the world we live in.

We all are THE most important people, always was and always will be.

The more you focus on a persons wealth and assets, the more you sub divide society and pigen hole each and everyone of us.

Time to get out of the record posts in avalon mentality and concentrate on quality information instead of meaningless information of power and control. This is not what avalons purpose or interntion, yet we continue to get flooded with an endless amount of rubbish posts on a constant basis now.

This sort of post is turning avalon into a circus - no one cares who "most powerfull people" are, all we need to do is buy a newspaper or turn on tv or listen to meaningless posts such as this. I guess most of us dont buy newspapers or watch tv to even care about this information now we have to put up with it on our forums ? good luck in post 4000 my friend keep up the good work !

Namaste

Namaste
Barcarolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:41 AM   #3
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

hmmm, alrighty then. First off I don't care about these people, they have no bearing on my life what so ever. Second, I really don't care about my post count and don't even look at it!
Third, I post what I post for the few that are interested in it and if you aren't then that's fine, but then there's no need for you to comment on it is there?

I post news articles mainly for those that don't get or read the news, and also to keep the forum moving away from stagnation.
I guess I could post some swine flu, vaccinations, 2012, and conspiracy articles huh? LOL
Old 11-12-2009, 01:52 AM   #4
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcarolle View Post
you got it all wrong my friend, WE are the worlds most important people, these puppets you show us are the illusion of power, a mind control representation of the world we live in.

We all are THE most important people, always was and always will be.

The more you focus on a persons wealth and assets, the more you sub divide society and pigen hole each and everyone of us.

Time to get out of the record posts in avalon mentality and concentrate on quality information instead of meaningless information of power and control. This is not what avalons purpose or interntion, yet we continue to get flooded with an endless amount of rubbish posts on a constant basis now.

This sort of post is turning avalon into a circus - no one cares who "most powerfull people" are, all we need to do is buy a newspaper or turn on tv or listen to meaningless posts such as this. I guess most of us dont buy newspapers or watch tv to even care about this information now we have to put up with it on our forums ? good luck in post 4000 my friend keep up the good work !

Namaste

Namaste
So you've become the new post monitor?

Dan has done many fine posts here at Avalon..and to inform us has been one of his objectives.
I know Dan...and he does not buy into the power trip of the elite....however knowledge is power....it's nice for those who don't know to have a little insight.
Dan is one of the most down to earth people on this forum...and grounded better then most here...so back off the insults...you don't know Dan..but most of us here do.

BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:54 AM   #5
Barcarolle
Retired Avalon Member

Perhaps we ask for a special area for these sorts of posts, where the brainwashed and mind controlled who require their daily fix of worthless information can enjoy themselves.

We have a short time left and your work distracts everyone, good luck with 4000, the forum is stagnated with riveting quality cats and dogs, kianu reeves is immortal and worlds richest 2009 articles and flooded with more junk last few days, time to re think things my friend. Its obvious by your remark ""I guess I could post some swine flu, vaccinations, 2012, and conspiracy articles huh? LOL"" you are not here for Avalon but for another darker purpose of distraction.

Namaste
Old 11-12-2009, 01:56 AM   #6
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Here's just one page of my threads posted!
A lot of junk huh?

The World's Most Powerful People 2009

by Dantheman62 2 45 News And Updates
Apod ( 1 2)

by Dantheman62 41 482 Off-Topic
Golden spike: Boom times for precious metal

by Dantheman62 2 30 Economy and Currency
The 29 Healthiest Foods on the Planet

What recovery? Unemployment shoots past 10 percent
Dantheman62 Yesterday 11:19 PM

Blackouts darken Brazil's 2 largest cities
Dantheman62 Yesterday 09:41 PM

The Miracle Worker
Dantheman62 Yesterday 10:22 AM

Experts: Placebo power behind many natural cures
Dantheman62 Yesterday 10:02 AM

Antarctica's ice loss helps offset global warming
Dantheman62 Yesterday 03:17 AM

King Tut's tomb set for 5-year renovation project
Dantheman62 Yesterday 02:55 AM

Vatican looks to heavens for signs of alien life
Dantheman62 11-10-2009 11:45 PM

Dodd: new gov't powers could prevent economy crash
Dantheman62 11-10-2009 10:53 PM

Holes in the Earth: 170 and Counting
Dantheman62 11-10-2009 06:40 PM

Building Stonehenge - This Man can Move Anything
Dantheman62 11-09-2009 06:23 PM

Japan eyes solar station in space

by Dantheman62 0 95 Alternative Science

Seattle Team Wins $900,000 in Space Elevator Contest
Dantheman62 11-08-2009 08:44 PM
by Dantheman62 0 74 News And Updates

Out of the Blue: Islands Seen From Space
Dantheman62 11-07-2009 12:16 PM

Venus
Dantheman62 11-07-2009 05:41 AM

Jets on Saturn's moon Enceladus not geysers
Dantheman62 11-06-2009 04:17 PM
by Dantheman62 5 415 Alternative Science

Pagans, partygoers greet solstice at Stonehenge
Dantheman62 11-06-2009 02:11 PM

You Are Not Your Name!
Dantheman62 11-06-2009 02:03 PM

The Sun Now! ( 1 2)
Dantheman62 11-05-2009 05:24 PM

Nellis AFB UFO training school
Dantheman62 11-05-2009 08:47

Modern analysis supports notion that photos taken in 1965 were not faked.
Dantheman62

Last edited by Dantheman62; 11-12-2009 at 02:01 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:59 AM   #7
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Perhaps we ask for a special area for these sorts of posts, where the brainwashed and mind controlled who require their daily fix of worthless information can enjoy themselves.

We have a short time left and your work distracts everyone, good luck with 4000, the forum is stagnated with riveting quality cats and dogs, kianu reeves is immortal and worlds richest 2009 articles and flooded with more junk last few days, time to re think things my friend. Its obvious by your remark ""I guess I could post some swine flu, vaccinations, 2012, and conspiracy articles huh? LOL"" you are not here for Avalon but for another darker purpose of distraction.

Namaste
Now you're way off base.

As my good friend Lionhawk would say....that would require another log on the fire.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:01 AM   #8
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

EVIL DARTH DAN how could you post this totally offensive post? I found it rather informative looking at all the rich butt kissing fools. ...........However it seems as though a few are going to have trouble sleeping over seeing this. Maybe you should just delete it and say sorry Where is the Love Barcarolle????

Last edited by Northern Boy; 11-12-2009 at 02:42 AM.
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:04 AM   #9
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

see threads posted above!
Old 11-12-2009, 02:04 AM   #10
FIIISH
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
you are not here for Avalon but for another darker purpose of distraction.
From what I have seen of Dan's posts, I disagree.

You are not the first person I have seen make accusations of this type.
The fashionable things to accuse someone of here these days seem to be:

1. Fear-mongering!

2. Speading negativity

3. Infiltration for purposes of monitoring and encouraging dissention

To this I say: Can we give it a rest? Please?

Paranoia will take us nowhere good.
FIIISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:08 AM   #11
Barcarolle
Retired Avalon Member

this might take a while to finish

Namaste
Old 11-12-2009, 02:09 AM   #12
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

It's okay Dan....keep doing what your doing...I still love you..and I know others her do too...and it's great to have you back!

Last edited by BROOK; 11-12-2009 at 02:13 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:34 AM   #13
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

"I am Hillary! Hear me roar!! I'm more important than Al Gore!!!"
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:40 AM   #14
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

You Go Dan..................... You Got My Support... Go, go, go....

Let nothing STOP YOU..... I Love You.... Dan... Keep it UP......

I got your " 6 " My Man.... You just stay Focused on what your doing...
Northern Boy....... Respect... Good seein' you... Love ya man...

I'll take any... Flak..... Right FIIISH... You hit me NOT... Dan...
I don't Like those Words......
Barcarolle come on.... Dark.... But, I can't Stop Laughing...

Trooly,

Tango

Last edited by Tango; 11-12-2009 at 03:53 AM.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:43 AM   #15
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Keep up the good work Dan.

If a thread doesn't resonate with someone...they should just move on...and avoid that particular poster in the future.

I think there are a lot of powerful people who shouldn't be powerful people. I think there are a lot of powerless people who should be powerful people. The first shall be last...and the last shall be first. I can hardly wait.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:45 AM   #16
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

I think it's good to know who to keep an eye on

And Dan...try not to be so dark in the future....bwahaha
Old 11-12-2009, 03:43 AM   #17
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Sorry Barcarolle, didn't mean to pis.s you off. I guess you can't please everyone, but I try!

"Don't take life too seriously.
You'll never get out alive."

_Tex Avery

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia."

_Charles Schulz

Last edited by Dantheman62; 11-12-2009 at 03:51 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:03 AM   #18
Barcarolle
Retired Avalon Member

you got it all wrong, im not pis.ed, its what we come to expect in avalon, people ganging up, supporting others without fully reading and understanding the whole point in the first place .......... i guess i need to post 400 times a day to get some support.

Yeah debates, opinions, religion and political thoughts, propaganda ect yeah i leave you to the facinating world of mind control and conditioning, these boards were too stagnant without these threads to siv through.

anything i can do that will make your 4000 come up sooner, just continue your good work. no free rides on avalon, its been allowed to continue to where it is today. why should it stop now. blessings to you

Namaste
Old 11-12-2009, 04:14 AM   #19
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

OK, What do you suggest I post? I try to stay away from conspiracy theories, swine flu, vaccinations, end of the world, and such. I try to post quality threads that could possibly mean something to some, or someone at least would be interested in.
I'm all ears!

Oh and the reason I have been posting so much? It's called unemployment!!
Old 11-12-2009, 04:22 AM   #20
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
you got it all wrong, im not pis.ed, its what we come to expect in avalon, people ganging up, supporting others without fully reading and understanding the whole point in the first place .......... i guess i need to post 400 times a day to get some support.

Yeah debates, opinions, religion and political thoughts, propaganda ect yeah i leave you to the facinating world of mind control and conditioning, these boards were too stagnant without these threads to siv through.

anything i can do that will make your 4000 come up sooner, just continue your good work. no free rides on avalon, its been allowed to continue to where it is today. why should it stop now. blessings to you

Namaste
Get over yourself dude.....enough is enough...we get it...you don't want to hear it and you feel the need to attack...yes we get it..for heavens sake..get over it!

Last edited by BROOK; 11-12-2009 at 04:29 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:31 AM   #21
Barcarolle
Retired Avalon Member

Not meaning to point the finger at you Dan, i was talking in general, the standard of posts in avalon is not where it should be.

The quality is important now, so many people are becoming unemployed right now and find themselves searching for answers. We all have a responsibility to remove the rubbish and post quality information as the wrong stuff could derail people on this journey of truth.

The truth is the vast majority will be unemployed in 6-8 months, and most likely the Internet will be gone for our use of knowledge as well.

Some of us know the seriousness of what's coming, some of us know what's coming and it is disappointing that the forums don't assist people as this time where they need it the most. People finding themselves drawn into assisting fights or backing up members based on location or membership duration is another reason we are all in a lot of trouble.

Quality quality quality is what its all about, and the term "conspiracy" is a term used to discredit or belittle people when they are questioning the world around them.

Not questioning things is the beginning of victim consciousness, conforming to set standards is ultimately taking away our power and sovereignty. That's what's happening right now, and we falling into the trap all over again.

Namaste
Old 11-12-2009, 04:46 AM   #22
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

Many of us are now and have been unemployed for some time one reason why his post count is so high is because of this. He does not make one word posts Much of the info he posts is relevant you can not single out one post and judge everything he has posted as irrelevant. As far as the quality posts go what has been said here that has not been said before there is a boat load of information on this site and if you are wondering about what you should be doing to prepare then you need to go back and review the last years worth of posts. Me I`m ready for what ever happens and if I live through it good if not then so be it live for today because tomorrow may never come

Last edited by Northern Boy; 11-12-2009 at 04:56 AM.
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:56 AM   #23
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Not meaning to point the finger at you Dan, i was talking in general, the standard of posts in avalon is not where it should be.

The quality is important now, so many people are becoming unemployed right now and find themselves searching for answers. We all have a responsibility to remove the rubbish and post quality information as the wrong stuff could derail people on this journey of truth.

The truth is the vast majority will be unemployed in 6-8 months, and most likely the Internet will be gone for our use of knowledge as well.

Some of us know the seriousness of what's coming, some of us know what's coming and it is disappointing that the forums don't assist people as this time where they need it the most. People finding themselves drawn into assisting fights or backing up members based on location or membership duration is another reason we are all in a lot of trouble.

Quality quality quality is what its all about, and the term "conspiracy" is a term used to discredit or belittle people when they are questioning the world around them.

Not questioning things is the beginning of victim consciousness, conforming to set standards is ultimately taking away our power and sovereignty. That's what's happening right now, and we falling into the trap all over again.

Namaste

Understood, and I agree with some of what you say, not all, but some!
Old 11-12-2009, 04:56 AM   #24
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Since I cannot respond the way I would choose...I might bring to light that it was me that backed up the very person you speak of...you might want to have a talk yourself with him

All I wanted to do , is put a log on the fire

Last edited by BROOK; 11-12-2009 at 05:09 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:12 AM   #25
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

I will add...when it come to what you speak of..I agree..however that is not the case with Dan or this thread.

The next time you send me a pm...make it so I can respond...you never know..you might see that you and I see thing very much the same

Last edited by BROOK; 11-12-2009 at 05:17 AM.