Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > RSS News Feeds

Notices

Old 07-04-2009, 05:30 AM   #1
Newshound
News Bot

Post Burma junta leader snubs UN chief

Burma's military ruler refuses to let visiting UN chief Ban Ki-moon meet jailed opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi.

More...
Newshound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:13 AM   #2
no caste

Default Re: Burma junta leader snubs UN chief

About Burma, I lifted this from another forum the other day. Sorry, I didn't copy the link. I didn't know about Pepsi... huh?

To keep the Burmese Generals in check — by the 60's they were a bunch of very uppity millionaires — the CIA expanded to buying poppy from Hmong villagers in Laos which they refined right there in VietNam in Pepsi factories. (You saw it in the Mel Gibson movie, Air America. I know you didn't believe it. It was beyond imagination but it happened.)

Parenthetically, today, "Free Burma" activists at American colleges wonder why Pepsi keeps doing biz in such a nasty country. They want a trade blocade and Pepsi won't cooperate. Heck, Pepsi RUNS the drug machine in Asia. During the Nixon years, Pepsi bottling companies were used for refining the tar into powder. Go see AIR AMERICA. It's all there. PEPSI, bold as brass.

A Pepsi Co. chairman was Nixon's most excellent pal ever since days when Nixon was White House Case Officer on Cuba during the Eisenhower administration. Nixon broke champagne bottles at Pepsi plant openings regularly after he and Ike left Washington until he returned to DC as president, with a decade between posts giving him time to do some serious bonding with Pepsi. In that time, Dick also ran around with his Cuban-exile crew who worked for the CIA, doing the worst kinds of mischief: murdering Che Guevara, downing commercial Cuban planes and killing JFK.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:43 PM   #3
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Burma junta leader snubs UN chief

http://www.burmalibrary.org/docs3/Horton-2005.pdf

attacks on 625 Shan girls and women. 83% of the attacks are alleged to have been committed
by officers of the Burman army. The evidence confirms other reports by reputable Human
Rights organizations of sexual violence committed by Junta soldiers and was itself
corroborated by a follow- up investigation carried out by representatives of the United States
government.

(almost 700 pages)
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote