Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 11-07-2008, 08:34 AM   #1
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Default How important is meditation in your life

Sorry the title did not upload

This thread is for those who meditate and also those who don't think its important. I am curious about those of the collective avalon mind who have experienced the inner stillness of peace from meditation with no thought and also how often do you meditate and methods of meditation that you find effective.If you can't quiet your mind discuss why.

Last edited by 777 The Great Work; 11-07-2008 at 09:07 AM.
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:41 AM   #2
aiwass322
Project Avalon Member

Default Re: bb

I try to meditate 20 min each day. I use a hebrew form of vowelmeditation. Basic chakra targeting by connecting these to vibrational sounds. Works great as a "time to reset". It keeps your conciousness grounded to the now.
aiwass322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:59 AM   #3
taomation
Avalon Senior Member

I meditate two or three hours a day and do a system called Quan Yin, which is a light and sound meditation. I have been truly blessed in my pactice and have gone to places in my mediation that are beyond words.

In my opinion, meditation is the single most imporant thing that people can do to improve their lives and the lives of the people around them. Especially, living in the world as it is now we are changing and the world is changing and to keep up with and prepare for the change meditation is the key.

Peace...Tao
taomation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:06 AM   #4
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taomation View Post
I meditate two or three hours a day and do a system called Quan Yin, which is a light and sound meditation. I have been truly blessed in my pactice and have gone to places in my mediation that are beyond words.

In my opinion, meditation is the single most imporant thing that people can do to improve their lives and the lives of the people around them. Especially, living in the world as it is now we are changing and the world is changing and to keep up with and prepare for the change meditation is the key.

Peace...Tao
I would like very much some detail info on your method. Thanks
Old 11-07-2008, 10:12 AM   #5
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

fixed title, probably will move to spirituality
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:01 PM   #6
orb
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
fixed title, probably will move to spirituality
I do not meditate as in the Eastern meditation of finding say an empty mind any longer, and it has never done as much for me as what I do now anyway.

Basically according to a Clarivoyent, I was starting at square one, and basically had great connection with my higher self by default and I was recreating the wheel, since my "web like" spiritual progression is almost complete.

So first not everyone needs to meditate. You need to get a sense of where you are at.

Now I tend to use intention. I might sit coomfortable as when I used to meditate, but now I set an intention, and visualize that to the creator or higher entities who have my higher good at heart. Robert Monroe had some great thoughts on this intent statement.

Now I think though that people who have no awareness of higher self connection existence really need to start with meditation. Now, but now I find that a good portion of my day I am in a meditative state when out and about. So therefore I live more in that intention of a higher self during the day, which mean the meditative stance is not as important for me to set an intent to creator and my manifestation.

Regardless, I think that unless you are at least delving into at least something spiritually, no matter what you do, you just might not be able to make the transition and stay on the planet. You might have to leave, not that it would be a bad think to leave, it might be better, but since you chose to come here why not go the whole way and maximize your current manifestation. You have a front row seat.

I think that almost everyone here has chosen most likely to live right where at this time to transition this world at this time. Therefore I would say many of us have connection to source by default. You just need to remember that, so do what you think will remind you of what you already know.
orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:15 PM   #7
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

The Japa Meditation that I learned by listening to Dr. Wayne Dyer's CD called "Meditation for Manifestation" is important in my life. By doing this meditation for 10-20 min per day a drastic increase in conection to source happens. It can be felt in as little as the first couple weeks.
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:36 PM   #8
symbolon
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: How important is meditation in your life

I have practiced meditation for the last ten years and i love it. In fact it's one of my favourite things to do. Because of time restraints i cannot do it every day, but i try to meditate at least five times a week. A session usually lasts 40 minutes these days. I couldn't imagine life without it.
symbolon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:06 PM   #9
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you for posting this. Good to know you are here.

cheers!
gnosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by orb View Post
I do not meditate as in the Eastern meditation of finding say an empty mind any longer, and it has never done as much for me as what I do now anyway.

Basically according to a Clarivoyent, I was starting at square one, and basically had great connection with my higher self by default and I was recreating the wheel, since my "web like" spiritual progression is almost complete.

So first not everyone needs to meditate. You need to get a sense of where you are at.

Now I tend to use intention. I might sit coomfortable as when I used to meditate, but now I set an intention, and visualize that to the creator or higher entities who have my higher good at heart. Robert Monroe had some great thoughts on this intent statement.

Now I think though that people who have no awareness of higher self connection existence really need to start with meditation. Now, but now I find that a good portion of my day I am in a meditative state when out and about. So therefore I live more in that intention of a higher self during the day, which mean the meditative stance is not as important for me to set an intent to creator and my manifestation.

Regardless, I think that unless you are at least delving into at least something spiritually, no matter what you do, you just might not be able to make the transition and stay on the planet. You might have to leave, not that it would be a bad think to leave, it might be better, but since you chose to come here why not go the whole way and maximize your current manifestation. You have a front row seat.

I think that almost everyone here has chosen most likely to live right where at this time to transition this world at this time. Therefore I would say many of us have connection to source by default. You just need to remember that, so do what you think will remind you of what you already know.
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:00 PM   #10
Lady Rae

I wish I meditated. I couldn't count how many times I've tried it, but I can't get my mind to shut up long enough to get anything accomplished.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:11 PM   #11
Metaphor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rae View Post
I wish I meditated. I couldn't count how many times I've tried it, but I can't get my mind to shut up long enough to get anything accomplished.
I´m with you there Lady Rae. The only thing I know is that perhaps its just as good to have vivid and lucid dreams? I don´t know. I always try too keep a moment before and after sleep for a kind of meditavive contemplation.
I feel that its there I can reach the inner self.
Perhaps you experienced meditaters could tell if you distinguish any difference between these states of awareness?
Metaphor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:12 PM   #12
freekatz
Avalon Senior Member

I have practiced Transcendental Meditation for about 8 years now and it has been the most life changing experience. It has helped me to overcome a 20+ years alcoholism problem when nothing else worked. I would never have thought that someone like me could sit still and meditate ~ the bliss that can be obtained sometimes is just unbelievable - I feel truly blessed to have discovered this gift.

A great thread, thank you.
In Peace
freekatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:15 PM   #13
freekatz
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

The way I was taught (from listening to Maharishi Mahesh Yogi) it doesn't matter if your mind keeps chattering, just let it be and keep quietly returning to your mantra (or whatever method you are using) don't force it or feel stressed. The thoughts will come and go, let them and gradually it will become easier...
freekatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:16 PM   #14
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I used to be this way until i got tired of the routine of existing instead of living. Finally my mind got quiet when i stop being ambitious and start focusing on the next life.

I wish for you peace, and thanks for responding.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:34 AM   #15
orb
Avalon Senior Member

Robert Monroe, who is no longer with us here on this dimension anyway, has a great process where you visualize a treasure box and put all your stuff in there before you meditate. I found it good so if you get a chance and see some of his casettes in a used book store, put it out to the universe and see if they show up, try the process. It works.

Quote:
orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:10 AM   #16
historycircus

Meditation is the key to who I am spiritually. It is the key to who I am.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:10 AM   #17
sleepingnomore

I meditate as often as possible, while walking, working, whatever I'm doing as long as I'm alone with no distractions.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:16 AM   #18
333mark333
Avalon Senior Member

Location: The Western Shore of the Hudson Bay-churchill, manitoba, canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingnomore View Post
I meditate as often as possible, while walking, working, whatever I'm doing as long as I'm alone with no distractions.
I agree though now i am finding that the distractions are experiences that show this Illusion, this makes it easier to detach.
333mark333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 07:21 AM   #19
angel3553
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks everyone - I hope this thread keeps going as it is beautiful to hear about others experiences during meditation. Perhaps some of you would like to share them in detail.

Peace and harmony to all

angel3553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:22 PM   #20
sammytray
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333mark333 View Post
I agree though now i am finding that the distractions are experiences that show this Illusion, this makes it easier to detach.
Hello,

If you dont mind me asking, I often have alot of numbers and symbols show up for me ecspecially numbers. Just recently I looked down at my cell phone to see 333-333. I noticed your name 333mark333... is there a meaning to these 3's

Much love and light
sammytray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:34 AM   #21
sleepingnomore

After many years of putting aside my spiritual curiousity I began to take up meditation again. My experiences were life changing. I began to have visions while meditating. I guess my third eye had opened for the first time in my life. I'd always had a keen intuitive sense but never visions of any kind. My first vision was that of an oborous, a red and a black snake in the shape of a circle swallowing each other's tail. From that experience my whole life changed and visions are frequent now.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:47 AM   #22
333mark333
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammytray View Post
Hello,

If you dont mind me asking, I often have alot of numbers and symbols show up for me ecspecially numbers. Just recently I looked down at my cell phone to see 333-333. I noticed your name 333mark333... is there a meaning to these 3's

Much love and light
Well the number coding is very interesting and sometimes frustrating. For myself 333 is the full cycle. Birth-sustaining-death. It also has many others.

I believe i should pay attention to my reality at the time of experiencing.

Maybe a Thought Form is being implanted through the number sequence, a mind portal ( Pineal ) activator.

Last edited by 333mark333; 11-09-2008 at 04:51 AM.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:26 PM   #23
333mark333
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammytray View Post
Hello,

Much love and light

The 333 were numbers i was attracted to in the past. The numbers are important to me for many reasons. It seems we all have different views on this subject of numbers. If you saw those numbers and then you saw my name then maybe there is something that you may need to be aware of in Prior Posts, or it may be that you are Self Activating when these numbers appear to you.

I am still not sure what these syncronicities are REALLY about?

333 mark 333
Old 12-09-2008, 06:09 PM   #24
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333mark333 View Post
Yes, when the phone rings during meditation it's always someone selling something, lol.
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:47 PM   #25
MyShadow
Avalon Senior Member

It's just a tool - everyone does it whether they realize it or not - that brings your consciouness from an "outward" focus to an "inward" focus towards the connection to your non-physical Source.

I think the protocol is specific to an individual's learned abilities and preferences.
MyShadow is offline   Reply With Quote