Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 12-03-2008, 09:01 PM   #1
stiros
Avalon Senior Member

Default Structure of a society or community?

Hello everybody,
As I understand, the most common society system on our planet, is the hierarchical dominance system, which supports “mechanisms” like: control hierarchies, selfishness, to compete, secrets, to win, to lie, to control and to subject, this is the perfect world for the psychopathic type of people.

There is another system like the tribal system, which should support nicer “mechanisms” like: true democracy, generosity, to cooperate, openness, to help, truth and equality, and I think this is the perfect world for the sentient being. If we add some new computerized open source thinking, new communication systems and common wide spread projects to the old tribal system, I think we will get a viable society.

It is important to understand what an individual human being is searching for, and the society must reflect that, as I understand. I think, it is also very important to create an environment that encourage creativity, which probably will save us at some point in the future.
One way to model a society from a certain point of view is the three pillars model, as I understand it.
1.Scientific or Technical
2.Social or Interindividual
3.Individual
The “levels” of all these pillars have to be similar or nearly similar, or it will create a disaster in some way. For example, in our society we do not practise any Individual training at all, as I see it, because it is not accepted by the “power elite”. I think this “three pillar” model is also valid and proper for the individual. Anyhow, “everything” must be in a balance.
As I see it, when we create a society or community, we have to take care of these “three pillars” if we want a future for us.

Comments appreciated
stiros
stiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:26 PM   #2
munkey
Avalon Senior Member

Location: just outside the box next to the box you where thinking outside of
Default Re: Structure of a society or community?

a true amd just society would have no rules except for common sense, you can have no one ruler or leader to decide otherwise corruption will always come about, each person should have an equal say and compramise so as there is harmony in the group itself.
collective wisdom should be the goal and wisdom and ethics should be encouraged so science doesn't get free rein.
munkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:26 PM   #3
feardia
Avalon Senior Member

I think the days of leaders are over, and you see that 1,2,3,4... nonsense. I stopped at reading at !, wtf? New order coming, we'll take our lead from ourselves,
one love
feardia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:34 PM   #4
stiros
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkey View Post
a true amd just society would have no rules except for common sense, you can have no one ruler or leader to decide otherwise corruption will always come about, each person should have an equal say and compramise so as there is harmony in the group itself.
collective wisdom should be the goal and wisdom and ethics should be encouraged so science doesn't get free rein.
As I see it, if there is a need for a “one person communication” in a tribe system, I think this person more like an elected spokesman for a specific task or question, I think this system has been used before in some tribes. As I understand, the chief of the tribe, was more acting as a spokesman and not a ruler.

If the “three pillars” are in “equal in levels”, we will understand that it is not wise and common sense to put in for example “rambo chips” or rfid chips in people, or give people Aspartame, E621 and so on.

If you adapt the “three pillars” system on an individual, mentioned before, it is not wise to teach a person a lot of technical and scientific knowledge, if the person in question has no knowledge at all about the “individual knowledge” and/or the ”society or interindividual knowledge”, all three levels must be at similar levels. I agree that the most dangerous pillar is, of course, the “scientific or technical” one.

We have to remember we are all “biased” from our present world environment.
Democracy to me is not “majority rules”.

Love, Freedom and Truth
stiros
Old 12-03-2008, 11:09 PM   #5
stiros
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by feardia View Post
I think the days of leaders are over, and you see that 1,2,3,4... nonsense. I stopped at reading at !, wtf? New order coming, we'll take our lead from ourselves,
one love
If the days of leaders are over or not, depends on us and what we do, as I see it. The “power elite” is rather united and ruling us from a “pyramid structure”, few at the top. I think we have a personal responsibility at grass-roots level, to unite and do something good for us and humanity. If we don't act we are “smoked”.

The comment “1,2,3,4... nonsense” I don't understand. And if you stop reading – how can you comment?

The comment “New order coming, we'll take our lead from ourselves”. Personally I don't believe in anarchy systems, we will then be too weak to challenge the “power elite”.

No hard feelings
stiros
Old 12-04-2008, 01:00 AM   #6
Delphi
Avalon Senior Member

Hi everyone
A few suggestions on different social structures.
Riane Eisler's book from the late 80s/early 90sThe Chalice and the Blade (sorry my copy walked a long time ago so i can't supply publication details) has fascinating info on the dominance model in which most of us live and the partnership model.
Chimpanzees and Banobos. We share the same percentage of DNA with both these species of primates. Bands of chimps are led by the most powerful male, banobos by females. Banobos have been observed to behave altruistically to other species, and they solve conflicts by having sex (!)

For me it is important that group structures in our new society grow organically from the grassroots up rather than being imposed from top down.

I still have no idea on how to deal with violence without meeting it with violence.

love to all
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:22 PM   #7
stiros
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
Hi everyone
A few suggestions on different social structures.
Riane Eisler's book from the late 80s/early 90sThe Chalice and the Blade (sorry my copy walked a long time ago so i can't supply publication details) has fascinating info on the dominance model in which most of us live and the partnership model.
Chimpanzees and Banobos. We share the same percentage of DNA with both these species of primates. Bands of chimps are led by the most powerful male, banobos by females. Banobos have been observed to behave altruistically to other species, and they solve conflicts by having sex (!)

For me it is important that group structures in our new society grow organically from the grassroots up rather than being imposed from top down.

I still have no idea on how to deal with violence without meeting it with violence.

love to all
Thank you for the information!
Maybe it is possible to find a PDF-copy of Riane Eisler's book.

I think the “partnership model” is more adequate to use than the “tribal model”. Thank you!

We have to congratulate the “Banobos” for their system of solving conflicts, in that respect they seem to be advanced. If we humans want to brag; we have also conflict solving techniques like NVC (Non Violent Communication, Marshall B. Rosenberg) .

I agree totally that is is important to have “real democracy”. As I see it, everyone has to take a personal responsibility in these “ruling matters”, if we want to have a viable society.

I have heard that a tribal system has last as long as 100 000 years, before they were conquered by a dominance system. I have also heard that the dominance system has only last for approximately 1700 years, if I remember it correctly.

Maybe in the long run, if we learn our children and ourselves the knowledge of “the Individual pillar”, it will solve a great deal of future violence.

In the meantime we have to “disarm the violence”, not with punishment or excessive aggression, but maybe with a kind of isolation. It depends on the “violence level”, that is used. It is difficult to know what to do.

Love, Freedom and Truth
stiros