Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > United States

Notices

Old 09-11-2008, 09:35 PM   #1
shultzie

Default Ohio

So far we have assembled a five person crew and are looking for people in the area who want to join up with somthing to offer for the good of the community. We are south of columbus.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:46 AM   #2
PeacefulWarri0r

Default Re: Ground crew in southern Ohio

Hello I live in northeast Ohio; Lake county. Could you tell me more about your group and its plans for the future. I might be interested in helping somehow. Thanks and good day. : )
Old 09-16-2008, 04:45 AM   #3
sweetrose

Default Re: Ground crew in southern Ohio

Hello, It may be important to have several different places to go if necessary , Remember things could and probably will change quickly and it may be necessary to relocate to one or two different back up sites. Lets all keep in touch!!

Medina, ohio
Old 09-23-2008, 02:34 PM   #4
Argante
Avalon Senior Member

Default Ohio

Please list all Ohio locations here.
Argante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:19 AM   #5
zionml

Default Re: Ohio

im from hilliard very close to columbus
Old 09-24-2008, 06:28 AM   #6
fil
Avalon Senior Member

Default Ohio, hello

_____

Hi there! I currently live in the Mid-Ohio Valley, in Parkersburg, West Virginia. Had a thread called Appalachia Crew -- title was changed to 'West Virginia' as part of the reorganization.

I'm not happy about that.

The project I'm about to embark upon involves the settlement of sites left behind by mountaintop removal mining, a practice which has been perpetrated by coal companies in at least 4 States within the Appalachian range.

What is left behind? The sites end up having a lot of flat land, where before everything was steep and untenable. These are wastelands -- but in the middle of forested, low mountains. Some of these sites are more remote than others, but mountaintop removal isn't usually done where it can be seen from the highway.

My intention is to to transform at least one of these sites from a wasteland into a sustainable and prosperous community.

Coal, as I see it, will fairly soon be unwanted. In the future, no one will be burning it to produce electricity. Thence, the practice of removing mountaintops to get at coal seams will be halted. It is only the lack of demand that will stop mountaintop removal -- not any amount of public protest. Such is the perceived importance of coal, in this day and age.

Should the former mining sites be simply left as reminders of an horrible practice, or should they be taken advantage of?

I invite any and all to join in the project. Beyond the idea of being 'safe', we have to look at sustainability -- and prosperity. I personally just want to get away from all the consumerism and, for one thing, know where all my food comes from...

If any of you are looking to relocate, Appalachia is not that far from Ohio. Think about it.

-fil

_____
fil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:13 PM   #7
LUGnut
Avalon Senior Member

Well, I'm in Enon Ohio (between Fairborn and Springfield).
LUGnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:14 PM   #8
jonesinfo

Those in Central Ohio might be interested in the happenings at the Sporeprint Infoshop:

http://www.sporeprint.info/

They organize a number of monthly events, including some things on creating intentional communities...
Old 09-24-2008, 07:07 PM   #9
fil
Avalon Senior Member

_____

Check my Appalachia Ground crew thread: http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=3241

- fil

_____
fil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:20 PM   #10
LunaBleu

Checking in from Elyria, Ohio. I am about 20 miles west of Cleveland and about 5 miles south of Lake Erie. I don't have the resouses to make a lot of preparations, but I think networking is paramount.

I someone compiling a list of members from Ohio?
Old 09-24-2008, 07:23 PM   #11
LunaBleu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Lou View Post
Barbara in Elyria, Ohio
Old 09-26-2008, 09:11 PM   #12
chicken master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Lou View Post
chicken master in medina
Old 09-27-2008, 01:24 AM   #13
Hotema
Avalon Senior Member

Akron Ohio here

PM if close by....
Hotema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 01:52 AM   #14
AlbaTiVo
Avalon Senior Member

Newark, OH - hello all. Steven
AlbaTiVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:03 AM   #15
oxjmaups2005xo
Avalon Senior Member

Cincinnati,Ohio Here
oxjmaups2005xo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:10 PM   #16
shultzie

glad to see all everyone in ohio talking about all there ideas keep at it

if any body has any questions let me know thanks

peace and love
Old 10-03-2008, 09:04 PM   #17
canaan

Hilliard, Oh. Dunno if i'm much into the survivalist side of things, but am interested in this community
Old 10-11-2008, 07:14 PM   #18
tdc1188
Avalon Senior Member

Hi All! Im from Grove city south west of Columbus.
tdc1188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:33 PM   #19
Marian-Librarian
Project Avalon Researcher

Default Ohio groups-form up now!

I'm from Kent, right now. Ohio is so large of a state, we probably will need to have several places in the state as places of refuge, maybe even "way stops" on the road to wherever you will be going long term.

Please see my post in the general forum....we should really start forming groups with all kinds of skills-we will need alot of diversity in order to survive and grow. There is strength in numbers. No one will do well by themselves.

Do we have any caves? Anything underground? Old bomb shelters from the 60"s??? Let's start listing our skills so we can start brainstorming!

Let me know how I can help all of you.

Peace, love and JOY to all.

Marian
Marian-Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:58 PM   #20
David
Avalon Senior Member

I'll be moving back to central Ohio in a couple months. Hi everyone.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #21
lemon_sky88
Avalon Senior Member

Hello!

My name is PJ im from Columbus, Ohio.. Im interested in getting involved or orginizing a ground crew to support project camelot. Id like to spread the word with weekly meetings in public places. Most likely Downtown Columbus. Where a few of us could get together and have each other for support when the oposition come knocking and asking questions. Im looking set up a tabel, Make some signs, and print up cards (similar to those that advertise night clubs or events) that advertise project camelot and their interviews avilable, as well as project avalon forum. If any one has any good connections on printing please let me know. Id like to do this in an awakaning/educational fasion, rather than a dooms day is coming time to prepare sort of thing. I believe dooms day can be diverted we just must increase the speed of our awakining in order to shut down these evil powers as quickly as possible. This way we take there power and stop this madness imediatlly. Then we can move on to our next faze in life. The unity of people on earth. If you have beter or other ideas please shoot them my way. Id like to link up ohioans thru some sort of messenger, maybe aim. so we can discuss when and where to meet as well as pull togewther our resources to start an awakining. please contact me if interested or already have a crew i could be a part of.
e-mail: lemon_sky88@yahoo.com
lemon_sky88 is offline   Reply With Quote