Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 02-22-2010, 04:19 AM   #1
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Default Warning Warning Danger Danger! Thread for open dissagreements..

Here at Pa, we seem to have a very mixed type of poster.

Each of us offer something for the whole of PA to grow and learn from.

Even the negative threads offer lessons for all..

but...

What does PA stand for exactly?

Truth?

Freedom of speech?

There have been threads that have clearly been created to ignite fear in members souls

"Warning Warning Danger Danger"

While the MODS discussed whether this behavior was acceptable of not, this tactic helped to feed the pool of negativity that is growing exponentially on this Forum

There have been threads that have clearly been created to distract and "dumb down" the general population at PA

A certain percentage of the members feel they are to "dub" to understand certain threads...

Now this has nothing to do with the level of intelligence of these members.

These threads manage to bring down certain peoples self confidence by creating mountains information that only someone with a higher education (or extremely well self taught )could decipher.......

again another tactic to feed that proverbial pool...

and then there is the Thuban thread...

am i mistaken..or have i read that the council wants to "change humans into dragons"??? is this not a veiled threat against the human race?

fantasy or not...i take that intent seriously...does PA?

Sometimes..some threads remind me of the national inquirer... i doubt this is the image PA wants...

i know this is NOT the image the MODS are working to create...

There is room for growth on all sides...

lets talk...lets disagree...lets listen...lets learn..

Ok..your turn now
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:26 AM   #2
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Warning Warning Danger Danger! Thread for open dissagreements..

Freedom of Speech is a Two Edged Sword. Danger Will Robinson...Danger! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG0ochx16Dg

Namaste
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:32 AM   #3
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Freedom of speech is excatly that ..i agree completly

As i said in another thread..

i want my kids to be free thinkers...but they were taught to mind their tongue also

So..if we are allowed to post anything based on free speech...could you imagine what might get posted??

Old 02-22-2010, 04:45 AM   #4
truthseekerdan
Avalon Senior Member

Dear Celine,

Please let me advise you not to limit yourself reading negative threads/posts here at PA, you might be wasting your time...
Instead find interesting and positive books, sacred texts, etc. to read and help yourself grow more spiritual and less fearful.
Please don't take my suggestion the wrong way.

Quote:
Romans 8:15 (English Standard Version)

15. For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!"

Love and light,

Dan
truthseekerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:50 AM   #5
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseekerdan View Post
Dear Celine,
Please let me advise you not to limit yourself reading negative threads/posts here at PA,
Please don't take my suggestion the wrong way.
Love and light,

Dan
Great advice, thank you.

i would never take constructive criticism or useful advice ": the wrong way"...i want to learn..i want to love...i want to be.

and...that picture is simply precious..thank you

Last edited by Karen; 02-22-2010 at 05:30 AM. Reason: reduce white space
Old 02-22-2010, 05:04 AM   #6
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Some personal observations:

PA was formed as a complement to Project Camelot. Project Camelot was about whistleblowing the secret agenda's of the dark forces that attempt to influence the future of humanity on this planet, Project Avalon was initially conceived (if I have this correctly) as a forum that would talk about the future, what life will be like and how to cope with the inconveniences that some may face on the way there. The work of George Green and the Handbook for a new Paradigm was the principal catalyst and found resonance with many contributors (myself included). The magic ingredient was the spiritually mature approach to survival, rather than the guns and bullets approach.

In its early days it went in waves, from hard-core survivalism and manic consumption of all news that often was low vibratory fear based news - however - somewhat based in the facts that there was and will be cycles of economic collapse on a huge scale. Much of which has been witnessed, but reportedly there is more to come. (Dont even remind me of the threads about the presidential campaign!) As previously noted, this was repeatedly tempered by the growing spritually minded presence on the forum.

When the forum went subscription, a lot of the nastiness and heckling abated to a significant degree, and this is what it seems to me allowed the rooting of a strong spiritual perspective which found a firm and robust foundation of likeminded thinkers who were less afraid to come forward and post because the standards of manners and courtesy were raised. The subscription had a downside, we lost a lot of good people on the prinicipal that information should be free. They can all come back now - many have.

Interestingly when the forum went free again, I did not see what I expected to see - a mass return to the chaos of the earlydays. There were some attempts to drive agenda's and disrupt the forum, but these passed with few long lasting effects.

My take on this is that the special energy of the forum, has allowed a harmony to grow even though there is the daily risk that it is shattered.

The moderators have worked hard to allow the forum to take its place as unique and special. Long may it continue to be so.

A..

Last edited by Anchor; 02-22-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:25 AM   #7
Myra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
Some personal observations: PA was formed as a complement to Project Camelot. Project Camelot was about whistleblowing the secret agenda's of the dark forces that attempt to influence the future of humanity on this planet, Project Avalon was initially conceived (if I have this correctly) as a forum that would talk about the future, what life will be like and how to cope with the inconveniences that some may face on the way there.
That's very well said Anchor, I resonate with your post.

Last edited by Karen; 02-22-2010 at 05:28 AM. Reason: shorten quote
Myra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:13 PM   #8
jacody
Avalon Senior Member

Celine, One thing i've learned about forums is that there will always be some degree of fearmongering and disinfo, no matter how good the site and community. It also seems like you're thinking free speach is a bad thing.I agree that some people use it in less than favorable ways, but without free speach, PA couldn't exist, and I love my PA!(bad pun intended)

Last edited by jacody; 02-22-2010 at 06:20 PM.
jacody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:13 PM   #9
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

I've been struggling with this for quite some time....The Thuban thread was one of the reasons for my struggle.

I read 16 pages and maybe got a paragraph of info out of it. I gave up.

I expect "ELVIS is alive...and controlling the GREYS" thread any day now.

There is about 1 or 2 threads that I can actually comment on during a day which is highly disappointing from the caliber of folks we have here.

They are here....but don't want to jump into the idiocy and negativity that seems to abound....AND I don't blame them.

I almost walked off for a while after the Ben Murphy\Kinsueme2 deal.

This is Avalon....and "we" don't treat folks like that....

"We"...that's a funny word...It supposes a collection of like minded folks....wanting to work together.

Honoring their differences with respect

Maybe there is no "we"

Peace Y'all

Last edited by Stargazer1965; 02-22-2010 at 09:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Stargazer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:56 PM   #10
Stardustaquarion
Avalon Senior Member

I personally think that peaceful co-existance is a good policy as we all have free will and we are still able to exercise free speach

Still, I think there is a fair amount of disrespect in the Thuban thread but I personally don't read it anymore, that is my boundary

Self respect is a good policy, If I don't like something and the other person does not listen to me I don't talk to them anymore!

We have the ability to choose, if no one reads the Thuban thread it will die by itself like many others.

When we are self regulating and choose to honour ourselves we can get along with everyone by encouraging (visiting) the postings we like and ignoring the ones we don't. It is called voting with your post!

Love
Stardustaquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:20 PM   #11
morguana
Project Avalon Moderator

one of my fav poems sums up for me how to 'deal' with the less positive side of life (both on and off forum)

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons,
they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs;
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love;
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.

just my little contribution to this thread,
love
m x

the way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart

forum guidlines

Avalon Chat
morguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:23 PM   #12
bigmo
Avalon Senior Member

I find this forum to much like a great city; full, robust, bustling with intent, noisy, sometimes crazy but always interesting.

Like any great city there is a soft underbelly... the seedy areas of town that many frequent and many avoid but is what makes it a great city.

Celine I love to read your post because of your honesty and your passion. I love Abrax for his stimulation and many, many others for their joy, inspiration or compassion.

It's almost as if Avalon in some ways reflects humanity with all the refined beauty and ugly warts tightly twisted together into a bouncing ball of knots, never sure where it is going or where it will land.

Peace
bigmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:45 PM   #13
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmo View Post
...It's almost as if Avalon in some ways reflects humanity with all the refined beauty and ugly warts tightly twisted together into a bouncing ball of knots, never sure where it is going or where it will land.
It is how I see it also. I think it is normal to see all kinds of views and sharing, some might appear as dreadful, and when you dig up a bit they are in fact empowering because creates an awakening in consciousness. Some appears has empowering and spiritual, but when you taste them with passion, they simply perpetrate a victim consciousness with guru's wisdom and neglecting the wisdom inside.

Freewill is part of our world and we must live by it. It is ours to develop an inner contact with the divine presence within. Sometimes you got to touch fire to learn how hot it is... That is one reason why we are here.

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:52 AM   #14
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

You know what? 3 times I've started to reply to this thread. Each time and now it's just another me me me post. Each time I had to stop myself because I had more disparaging things to say than good.

Is it that I'm dumbfounded by some of the dross here? Is it because I'm dumbfounded by people consistently replying to the dross in their oh so nice way? Is it because I'm dumbfounded by the gullibility, paranoia and down right ignorance?

"There's nought queer as folk" as the saying goes. That'll explain some of the stuff here but I have to accept I might be just as insane as everyone else. Either that or just a grump old so an so.

What ever it is, I've been quite captivated of late and there are nuggets of info to consider. I'm also pleased that most threads are quite civil on the whole.... although I feel like reaching into me monitor at times
SteveX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:06 AM   #15
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

WTG Celine for having the courage and knowledge to put up this thread

I appreciate your strenght knowing that you would recieve flack.

I want you to know that there are many that understand where you are coming from

Thank you

Last edited by mntruthseeker; 02-23-2010 at 02:08 AM. Reason: corrected spelling of name
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:09 AM   #16
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

Where's the flack??...I see no Flack.....I did learn a little though

Peace Y'all
Stargazer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:21 AM   #17
Odiwan
Avalon Senior Member

I think that it is a valid point that there can be a few threads whose content seems to consume a certain amount of time that could be better spent on other things. However, I oppose censorship, and I think that the mods here do an admirable job of stepping in when absolutely neccesary.

Given the chance of erroneous/false/ distracting threads being placed onto a forum such as this... one whose unstated aim is to challenge consensus illusion (and I would imagine that chance is somewhat high), I think that it is a good exercise in discernment, picking the wheat from the chaff.

I have read MANY great things on this forum, and I have learned LOTS. One thing that I have learned is that if it doesn't resonate, move on. As Stardustaquarion said, if no one reads a thread ( I say "replies to") , it will die out, enevitably. I also think that a lot of the best posters here have a fantastic sense of humour. You can't have levity without light
Odiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:54 AM   #18
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

I believe that unity is simply impossible as long as the veil that hides us from ourselves, our past, and our nature - is removed

until then it will seem as a chaos of infinite perspectives vying for recognition or accommodation...some even supremacy
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:46 PM   #19
Spregovori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Céline View Post
Here at Pa, we seem to have a very mixed type of poster.
Here in life we seem to have a very mixed type of people.

Quote:
Each of us offer something for the whole of PA to grow and learn from.

Even the negative threads offer lessons for all..

but...
There is always a but...isn't it?

Quote:
What does PA stand for exactly?

Truth?

Freedom of speech?

There have been threads that have clearly been created to ignite fear in members souls

"Warning Warning Danger Danger"

While the MODS discussed whether this behavior was acceptable of not, this tactic helped to feed the pool of negativity that is growing exponentially on this Forum

There have been threads that have clearly been created to distract and "dumb down" the general population at PA

A certain percentage of the members feel they are to "dub" to understand certain threads...

Now this has nothing to do with the level of intelligence of these members.

These threads manage to bring down certain peoples self confidence by creating mountains information that only someone with a higher education (or extremely well self taught )could decipher.......

again another tactic to feed that proverbial pool...

and then there is the Thuban thread...
Warning Warning Danger! Thread Thuban

Hopefully PA stands for all the things that are otherwise marginalized, forbidden, hidden and/or prevented in some other way...

Yes there were VERY IMPORTANT HAPPENING threads...cant seem to know why should anyone be upset...since no one has to go and read anything...no one is forcing you...but yourself...

The ones that do read seem to be interesting in it and need that information...seeing some political etc bull shi** might even help them to realize what it is.

Too dumb? How about - I know that I do not know

Since most human animals tend to go with - I know that I know

People and their self confidence...if anyone asks for advice I am will be happy to provide it (if in my ability to do so) otherwise their self confidence is something they have to work out on their own....censoring will not do that.

And than there are the nasty Thuban dragons? Something so different, so uncommon...yet they are just words...and yet...so horrifying? So not like we were told it is...we believe it is? Danger?

Quote:

am i mistaken..or have i read that the council wants to "change humans into dragons"??? is this not a veiled threat against the human race?

fantasy or not...i take that intent seriously...does PA?

Sometimes..some threads remind me of the national inquirer... i doubt this is the image PA wants...

i know this is NOT the image the MODS are working to create...

There is room for growth on all sides...

lets talk...lets disagree...lets listen...lets learn..

Ok..your turn now
Worrying about how PA will look? What will the neighbors say...oh god forbid...not that.... Is there ever an end for the need of external validation?

Humans are a threat to human race. Worry about them.

Dragons, no dragons, what dragons, dragons, where, who, what, why? There must be other things that can serve you better than thinking about this.

Will dragons come and hmm what was the word...dragonomy? As far as I understand it is that we wil bel our own judge and jury....

Who can state what is good for humans and what not? What can be a benefit and what not? - anyone can do.... So all you have to do is make up your mind and live with the result.

-------------------
There also is another solution....make rules...enforce them...have it exactly they way you want it....
----------------------

i was hoping that by this time and on this place/forum....there will be no more such "problems"
Old 02-23-2010, 01:52 PM   #20
viking
Avalon Senior Member

Hey Celine…bless you for this thread…

Hey Guys don’t take that thread literally…It’s just fiction…simple as…

The Author is a very good story teller…

The Thuban Council does not exist… don’t take my word for it search yourselves…

Anyway…

I found this on my travels … Written by a very wise man!!…Much confusion here!!

God is simple, God will not overload you with info and God does not tell all things at one time. This falls under the law of "balance" within the parameters of your spirit to intake the knowledge offered.

God will not overwhelm you with knowledge at one time. He or she will only give you what you can absorb during the waking hours of one day.

If you find the information weighing you down, then by all means, shut down the source of your input, and pray and meditate about your confusion.

Confusion is a sign that you are in over your head of your ability to translate the input. The balance of input must be equal to the the ability to understand the input.

You biggs are not luke warm as I would see it, but you may think you are if you overload your sensory input by too much information at one time.

Solution: Stop reading a while and go within your self and reboot while talking to your higher self and asking your higher self to help you rebalance.

Listen guys if it doesn’t sit well….just ignore it!!

viking
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:29 PM   #21
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spregovori View Post
Worrying about how PA will look? What will the neighbors say...oh god forbid...not that.... Is there ever an end for the need of external validation?

A forum set on exposing truths and offering tools to better our lives should worry about it's credibility IMHO.

Humans are a threat to human race. Worry about them.

i do...all the time...i do NOT worry about dragons.

I was hoping that by this time and on this place/forum....there will be no more such "problems"

As a great man said... be the change you wish to see int he world...something i keep working on daily.

Thank you for your open and respectful answers and points of view., i truly learn a lot from points of view that differ from min.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:30 PM   #22
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by morguana View Post
one of my fav poems

just my little contribution to this thread,
love
m x
Beautiful..thank you
Old 02-24-2010, 04:31 PM   #23
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmo View Post

It's almost as if Avalon in some ways reflects humanity with all the refined beauty and ugly warts tightly twisted together into a bouncing ball of knots, never sure where it is going or where it will land.

Peace
yes i completely relate to that perspective..

And thank you for your kinds words.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:34 PM   #24
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntruthseeker View Post
W

I appreciate your strenght knowing that you would recieve flack.

I want you to know that there are many that understand where you are coming from

Thank you
You are very welcome and thank you.. i have not received any yet for this thread...mind you i did expect some...

But (yes theres always a but)

The point of this thread is excactly that.. Dissagrements do not have to be a negative..
Old 02-24-2010, 04:37 PM   #25
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
Hey Celine…bless you for this thread…

God is simple, God will not overload you with info and God does not tell all things at one time. This falls under the law of "balance" within the parameters of your spirit to intake the knowledge offered.

Listen guys if it doesn’t sit well….just ignore it!!

viking
*her head bows and she smiles as she feels the blessing of light*

Thank you for sharing those words viking...your warm light is always so much appreciated.

Balance..yes...that is excatly how i try to answer all of lifes "dissagrement"

Wise words...