Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 03-08-2010, 04:58 PM   #1
Peace of mind
Avalon Senior Member

Default Where's the proof of re-incarnation and past lives…

...or are these just theories?

I'm wondering why so many speak of these in their comments as if they are some known facts. People are using them in their arguments, summaries and advice...but I haven't seen any proof to re-incarnation or past lives...just opinionated beliefs.
thanks in advance...

Peace
Peace of mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:03 PM   #2
hollylindin
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Where's the proof of re-incarnation and past lives…

If it's something you've personally experienced, Peace Of Mind, no proof is necessary. I have a hard time convincing my partner that he's been here many, many times (although I remember us together in different ways, in different places! ), but I understand that I've remembered the experience and he doesn't/hasn't yet, so there's really nothing I can say/do to convince. There are tons of stories all over the place (they've even been on the news!) but, until you've experienced it yourself, nothing will convince you. And I think a lot of people here have experienced it in some form or another, which is why we talk about it with such acceptance.

<3
hollylindin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:06 PM   #3
tron
Avalon Senior Member

This impressed me.\
tho its no proof.
the father even says his belief system contradicts reincarnation, yet he can not deny his son.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EWwzFwUOxA

tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:19 PM   #4
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Proof? PROOF?PROOF?!?
Would you believe it!
PROOF!
That's like asking for proof that God exists!
Of course there's proof!
TRANCOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:27 PM   #5
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

Traipsing up a hill once in search of hazelnuts, I think, I shocked the pants off my family by, asking why we kept coming back over and over again to do the same things? They responded, what picking hazelnuts? No, I said living. I was 5 years old. I followed it by asking why all the spaceships go up in space, some of them should definaltely go down...........hehehehe

They have been looking at me funny ever since. I need no proof, however its a perfectly valid question.

take it easy
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:35 PM   #6
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

If you're looking for proof more on the scientific level, look at some of the studies from the Brian Weiss material. He is a medical doctor who turned believer in reincarnation who has written quite a bit on the topic and given a few different case studies that are very difficult to refute.

Another issue is how well you trust your memory. Where were you yesterday? What were your parents like when you grew up? Where did you first go to school? Right now, those all are memories and if you trust that they were real experiences, reincarnation is no different. They are just memories from a past lifetime.

--sjkted
sjkted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:51 PM   #7
rosie
Avalon Senior Member

Well, after making some Hungarian stew and putting it down for my youngest son to eat, who was 3 1/2 at the time, he took a bite and looked up with a smile on his face to myself and his older sister, and said...

"My other mom made food just like this" it's good, isn't it!

And,

I just had a customer come in for a print job a couple of months ago, and out of the blue he told me he should be dead, he died after an aneurysm had
blown in his brain. It took them 3 minutes to get him back.

When he realized he was back in the hospital bed, he cried, as he told the doctors and nurses that they just ripped him away from his grandmother, and where he was, he was not in pain, and he was very very happy, the most happy he has been in his whole life.

He had to go for therapy after that, as a very deep depression set in, because he would rather have been not brought back to life.

Now, his wife was by his side when he was telling me his story, and she agreed to it all, she even looked sad for him.

And,
I am trained in palliative care, and during my volunteer work in this area, when my clients were very close to "going home" there would be many conversations between them and whom ever they were close to, who have already passed on. Smiles and tears of happiness would wash over their faces, and you just knew, that they were in fact "going home"

This is some of "my" proofs, but I have many more, and yes, it can be hard to believe in, if you do not have any experience with it at all.

It is just one of those things.

love & light
rosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:53 PM   #8
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjkted View Post
If you're looking for proof more on the scientific level, look at some of the studies from the Brian Weiss material. He is a medical doctor who turned believer in reincarnation who has written quite a bit on the topic and given a few different case studies that are very difficult to refute.

Another issue is how well you trust your memory. Where were you yesterday? What were your parents like when you grew up? Where did you first go to school? Right now, those all are memories and if you trust that they were real experiences, reincarnation is no different. They are just memories from a past lifetime.

--sjkted
Yes, he has great insight on the subject of past lives. The really cool part is his own personal story of how he became interested in the subject . His newfound interest happened to him by accident and he had to change his own belief system and go against traditional psychology as he learned through his own patients under hypnosis how they were solving there own conflicts by remembering past lives. Dr. Weiss further proclaims, in an experiment he did with over 4000 patients, that there are basically 4 futures that will unfold...

And the good doctor went so far as to actually ask a person under hypnosis how they ended up on Earth...

So next time you are around one of your friends or partners, out of the blue ask them how they, their soul, got here and don't say another word. Only they can know or find the answer to that one, they may even just blurt it out and not know they already knew, or you just may create a research monster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvsMj...eature=channel

Last edited by Christo888; 03-08-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Christo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:54 PM   #9
Peace of mind
Avalon Senior Member

So in other words, this means anyone can go around saying they were Abraham Lincoln, Martian Luther King JR, FDR, JFK, etc…
Forgive my suspicions but the whole thing just sounds suspect to me. Especially, when those claiming to have been some great leader or figure head, but in this life they do nothing in comparison.

I sometimes feel like I was here before too, but can I actually prove it? I’m not sure.
I’m wondering how others come to these realizations with little to no logical proof. Do you know how many people claim they are the re-incarnation of Jesus?

The real reason I asked is to get answers, or the lack of an answer from certain people. This will further help me and a few of my partners in discerning a few issues. IMO, this board has become saturated with unproven beliefs and the spreading of nonfactual information can hinder our progress…as well as yours.

Thanks tron and sjkted, I’ll continue to look into this…

Peace
Peace of mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:59 PM   #10
MyShadow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace of mind View Post

I'm wondering why so many speak of these in their comments as if they are some known facts. People are using them in their arguments, summaries and advice...but I haven't seen any proof to re-incarnation or past lives...just opinionated beliefs.
thanks in advance...

Peace
To some extent, I'm with you on this one. It's hard to substantiate these theories when the variables are virtually all intangible. Discernment is the key.

Dolores Cannon, Brain Weiss - use hypnotic-regression as forensics - yet it's my experience that the subsconsious mind does not "operate" in terms of such details, so I think most of this is bleed over from the conscious mind's dreamstate - where our fantasies, desires and blocks play out. So when one describes a "past life" experience - it's a way within the psyche to detach from one's reality and project the issue onto another "life". In other words, a block - which is easier to talk about. I really feel that is what most of this is.

And also the phenomena of someone that is interested and studies past-lives or near death experiences, and reads up about it - well then those experiences of others are bouncing around in one's psyche and then naturally come up in one's own experience. I firmly believe much of this goes on.

If you are looking for something a bit more science based, try Dr. Ian Stevenson, although many feel his approach is a mix of science and mystics.

I think the most interesting people to study and review are young children, they seem to have the recall without the excess "baggage" in the psyche - yet I'm not totally convinced this is fool proof - as a childs mind cannot differentiate between fantasy/reality at times.

An interesting topic - discernment is the key. Otherwise we end up just accepting such things at face value based on a "credible" reporter - who deems the reporter as credible when the reporter is just expressing their beliefs?

Let me add that "Dr.", "MD" or "Phd" or "many books sold" doesn't = truth. It's there to build credibility to sell books.

Last edited by MyShadow; 03-08-2010 at 06:16 PM.
MyShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:05 PM   #11
kriya
Avalon Senior Member

This is more about life after death but nonetheless an excellent book.

Also,

an excellent book and well worth a read.

Love,

Kriya
kriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:09 PM   #12
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

Our only real truths are experiential and you can listen the live long day to someone's else's truths and it won't may you or anyone understand what they mean. Don't worry about it, your truths are yours, it doesn't matter that you don't have the 'feeling' you lived before, jesus you could be able to fly, how do I know.

You are prefectly correct though, i cannot tell how many reincarnated cleopatra's there are out there, and how everyone was someone very important, never a farmer or anything of the sort.
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:12 PM   #13
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

thanks in advance...

Peace
I just came out of a session wherein I was processing a potentially traumatic incident that occurred when I was being someone else in some other place and in some other time reference. I Won't argue with anyone about what time is or is not. I can only say from my own experience that past or "other" lives/identities are connected with stored negative energies or energy ridges so when I am processing out the negative energies and collapsing the energy ridges the "timed" events also flick by me. Pictures attached to energy ridges.

Whether the pictures are real or not is incidental to the actual measured energy mass that is dissipating from my space and my awareness as a spiritual being is expanding.

However, the history lesson I am getting gives me the feeling that if I ever return to my simple native state I will not be as naive as I was before, AND I will make better "movies" than I did before :-)
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:13 PM   #14
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
So in other words, this means anyone can go around saying they were Abraham Lincoln, Martian Luther King JR, FDR, JFK, etc…
Forgive my suspicions but the whole thing just sounds suspect to me. Especially, when those claiming to have been some great leader or figure head, but in this life they do nothing in comparison.

I sometimes feel like I was here before too, but can I actually prove it? I’m not sure.
I’m wondering how others come to these realizations with little to no logical proof. Do you know how many people claim they are the re-incarnation of Jesus?

The real reason I asked is to get answers, or the lack of an answer from certain people. This will further help me and a few of my partners in discerning a few issues. IMO, this board has become saturated with unproven beliefs and the spreading of nonfactual information can hinder our progress…as well as yours.

Thanks tron and sjkted, I’ll continue to look into this…

Peace
You know what you bring up an awesome point, Dr. Weiss says that none of his patients ever proclaimed to be a famous person. Which out of his 8000+ patients you would think several would have been a famous person. My inkling, based on Dr. Weiss' comments, which certain areas are off-limits to public because of Dr/patient privacy (yes that can also be used for an excuse), is that remembering you were famous may upset the apple cart in this life if you were to really remember. Think about how many people today are proclaiming to be a past famous person and actually may have some parallels, but it ruins their current life because they live under the shadow of what or who the famous person was in the past. In my opinion when this is the case virtually every word out of their mouth is slanted, or tainted, it just reflects the energy or vibration of the past and not pure adventure of the new.

A friend of mine in Florida claims to be of the Isis or Mary energy field but after several years of getting to know her she has many conflicts within her that say otherwise and she is always 'the connection' to the spirit world for everybody.

And several times she has had bouts of paranoia as if grays and reptilians are tractor beaming her and she has to fight back or block them from entering her 'mind'... you see where this is going.

Anyway, perhaps try the past life regression session and see what memory's match with your current life. Maybe you were someone famous but it may not come up.
Christo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:16 PM   #15
Shaynard
Avalon Senior Member

This draws my mind to a scene in the film "contact".

Matthew's character is asking Jodie's character if she believes in God. She says "No, because there is no proof/Can't prove it".. He asks: "Did you love your Dad?". She, of course, answers "yes".. So he asks her to.. "Prove it."

I had a cake made for my 10th Birthday which had Freddy Kruger's hand/glove on it. No pictures were taken though, so I can't prove that.

In conversation with my wife, she said she loves me. No one was around to hear it however, so maybe it didn't actually happen.

How do I run an experiment to prove I had that cake on my 10th birthday or that my wife loves me?

What would it take to prove reincarnation? memory of the event is clearly not enough.. What if someone born within the same hour in the same hospital remembered as you remembered, being reincarnated at the same time? Is that proof? Do we need scientific data? Some sort of repeatable test or experiment? Does our consciousness effect that experiment if we conduct it? Can we prove it does? Can we prove it does not?

So.. My answer: There is no proof. Yet if there is no proof of reincarnation, there is also no proof of many things. One of life's great mysteries. I would love to see some "proof", until then I will have to rely on my own memory.

Even if you were Jesus in a past life.. it doesn't matter now. What matters, now, is what you do, now.

in light, of love
Shaynard
Shaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:19 PM   #16
Swanny
I dont need a label !

No proof here but there is no doubt in my mind that re-incarnation is very real.
I think I have spent many lives as a warrior Not sure why but that's how I feel.
Last time round I was married to Mary and I'm pretty sure I was killed by a German in WW2

Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:21 PM   #17
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
Our only real truths are experiential and you can listen the live long day to someone's else's truths and it won't may you or anyone understand what they mean. Don't worry about it, your truths are yours, it doesn't matter that you don't have the 'feeling' you lived before, jesus you could be able to fly, how do I know.

You are prefectly correct though, i cannot tell how many reincarnated cleopatra's there are out there, and how everyone was someone very important, never a farmer or anything of the sort.

Oh, yes, you are so right. We cannot forever vicariously feed off someone else's picture story. Everyone as far as I know has the ability, perhaps with some assistance, to go and check it out for themselves, within themselves. I certainly do not recommend that everyone do this however. When you have experienced all that you wish to experience under the cover of forgetfulness then you can begin the recall process. According to the Matrix V instructions one reaches an awareness of all of their existences, which would probably be half an eternity at least. I've stopped counting in terms of time constructs.

I think now I have run through at least a hundred lifetimes and only in one lifetime was I ever someone who you can still read about in the Encyclopedia Britannica, and that was the elder sister of Felix Mendelssohn. That's my brag, LOL!

Very large beings can put out multiple aspects of themselves. Did you know that Cleopatra was the Queen of De-Nile,
Old 03-08-2010, 06:22 PM   #18
xbusymom
Avalon Senior Member

Here's a thought...

since WE are all individual expressions/ facets of the ONE Source, any past lives of "you-in-a-different-body" is simply a connecting to the same vibrational "issue/lesson" of other people/other times...

(just a different perspective)
xbusymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:24 PM   #19
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
No proof here but there is no doubt in my mind that re-incarnation is very real.
I think I have spent many lives as a warrior Not sure why but that's how I feel.
Last time round I was married to Mary and I'm pretty sure I was killed by a German in WW2

My Hubby was on the German side in WW2 (reluctantly) and he was killed by an American. That was actually a happy moment for him :-) He hated Hitler and the war.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:27 PM   #20
Swanny
I dont need a label !

I hope he didn't kill me as I left Mary behind

Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:30 PM   #21
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
Traipsing up a hill once in search of hazelnuts, I think, I shocked the pants off my family by, asking why we kept coming back over and over again to do the same things? They responded, what picking hazelnuts? No, I said living. I was 5 years old. I followed it by asking why all the spaceships go up in space, some of them should definaltely go down...........hehehehe

They have been looking at me funny ever since. I need no proof, however its a perfectly valid question.

take it easy

Yeah, my parents were so amazed at something I was trying to show them when I was a crawling infant that they took a picture of me pointing at Eugene McCarthy and jabbering at them. They actually got out the Kodak and took a picture. I saw the picture once and am hoping I will find it again in the pile of photos stacked in my basement.

So often when people say "proof" they are being strictly left-brained, like it is some sort of god. "Proof" comes from using both sides of the brain, which is a fleshly archetype of the mind and the being who runs the whole show.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:30 PM   #22
MyShadow
Avalon Senior Member

Here is an interesting case study I saw a few years ago of childrens recall that you may find interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoSrz...eature=related Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnYmr...eature=related Part 2

As you watch this, look at the dynamic's of the children in the context of their family relationships. Are they being rewarded, being made to feel special, do they enjoy the attention?

What clues do you see in the parent's that might explain some of this? - since as children they pickup much from the parents.

How much of what they say is general that fits into what actually happened? (common linkage to fortune telling techniques - it's the sitter that makes the connections in their mind/beliefs, not the one telling the story)

Try to see past the dramatic music, it's there to enhance the viewers connection to the story.
MyShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:31 PM   #23
Shaynard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbusymom View Post
since WE are all individual expressions/ facets of the ONE Source, any past lives of "you-in-a-different-body" is simply a connecting to the same vibrational "issue/lesson" of other people/other times...

I agree, and point to this idea as "why?" so many feel they were the same people in past lives.

in light, of love
Shaynard
Shaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:31 PM   #24
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

Talking Re: Where's the proof of re-incarnation and past lives…

Your soul is infinite, maybe at this moment in time you cannot remember and that's okay. The only one that can answer that question is your soul so instead of asking everyone you should ask yourself. Because I myself did not believe it either until the aha moment came where I could see how my soul has been around for eons. So is okay don't rush it until you are ready to discover your real identity. There's many layers to peel just like an onion.
One thing I can guarantee when that moment comes your world will never be the same. I can tell you that before my wife was pregnant with our last child I had many conversations with my daughter , this lead me to believe that we even choose our parents before conception . Even if your physical brain cannot understand because is trapped within the 3 dimensional reality you spiritual mind will connect to your heart and lead the way to a land beyond this physical illusion.

Blessings to you and yours...
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:33 PM   #25
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbusymom View Post
Here's a thought...

That is starting to have a ring of truth to it from what I am seeing. I have not yet returned to my first separation from static or source, but what you are saying seems to jive with what I have heard others who have been before me are saying.