Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 10-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #1
EYES WIDE OPEN
Avalon Senior Member

Default got news to post? CHECK YOUR RESOURCES FIRST!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE can people stop posting dodgy sources as fact. I have no problem with you posting a dodgy site but maybe a disclaimer should be added that it is an unrealiable website. Or if you dont know its a dodgy site, then please say so.

Think before you post.

If we are to move forward, we need to sort the wheat from the chaff or we will just remain stationary and confused.

Please dont move this thread.
EYES WIDE OPEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:08 PM   #2
Genevieve
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: got news to post? CHECK YOUR RESOURCES FIRST!

I hear what you are saying Eyes Wide Open - but i feel obliged to point this small fact out - and fact it is - that while some may see the BBC ABC or CNN as "reliable" news - those same people would think the whole of PC or PA is utter nonsense.

My question would be - WHAT SOURCE in this day and age does anyone consider "reliable" let alone condemn another source as being "unreliable" - especially since one of the precursors to being a member on this very forum is the conviction that we have ALL been lied to for a very long time!!

I seriously question ANYONE who deems themselves worthy of deciding for ANY other person what IS and what IS NOT worthy of consideration.

Sheesh i thought that was the whole point of this forum!!!

Freedom freedom freedom dammit - to say, explore and feel what you like and not be ridiculed - for in the quietest voice MAY come the truth for another!!!

Please can we at least show the tolerance on this forum that we all so readily agree to in principle.
Genevieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:34 PM   #3
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

to Genevieve

DITTO
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:43 PM   #4
Shadowstalker
Avalon Senior Member

That makes sense who could judge that, like you said it depends on perspective and who you are and what you think.

All info that comes our way can be used at one point or another by anyone..
And just because the perspective is different from another doesn't all together make it a lie or any form of true dis-info.

Generally speaking you just have to kick back take it in and read between lines for your own sake and discern what works you.

If the info does not resonate with someone does it mean it's a lie? No..

We should all as a collective sit down and grab a and gather info from all places and sift threw and use all that have been presented to us.

And believe it or not dis-info can be very helpful to the enlightened thinker, it's shows a pattern of what they are trying to do to us, and we can use it to our advantage..

So bring it all on puppy poohs I am ready for what you got, because i like puzzles.

Namaste-Matte

Last edited by Shadowstalker; 10-29-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Shadowstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:47 PM   #5
sunflower
Avalon Senior Member

As long as the source of a news report is provided, we can decide for ourselves if it is valid or not. We come from different backgrounds and varying levels of access to information. Here are great opportunities for us to practice our discernment and critical thinking skills!
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:17 PM   #6
Kathleen

First..... I'm removing my "mod hat" for this post.

I have to say I agree with the OP. If you want to read the "disinformation" there are plenty of sites out there that will accommodate you. Why bring the bogus news to Avalon? Do we want (or need) yet another above top secret or god like productions type site?

I have read posts here by "reporters" that were discredited years ago.....and yes, we can use our discernment.....but why? I perceived Avalon to be the next step beyond. As a resource where the majority of the material was well thought out and presented for the betterment of our community here. A safe haven.

If you feel the need to read the fear-mongering based, disinformation material is Avalon really the place you need to be?

With love and respect, K.

Last edited by Kathleen; 10-29-2008 at 03:42 PM. Reason: addon
Old 10-29-2008, 03:26 PM   #7
Ace of Hearts
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve View Post
I hear what you are saying Eyes Wide Open - but i feel obliged to point this small fact out - and fact it is - that while some may see the BBC ABC or CNN as "reliable" news - those same people would think the whole of PC or PA is utter nonsense.

My question would be - WHAT SOURCE in this day and age does anyone consider "reliable" let alone condemn another source as being "unreliable" - especially since one of the precursors to being a member on this very forum is the conviction that we have ALL been lied to for a very long time!!

I seriously question ANYONE who deems themselves worthy of deciding for ANY other person what IS and what IS NOT worthy of consideration.

Sheesh i thought that was the whole point of this forum!!!

Freedom freedom freedom dammit - to say, explore and feel what you like

and not be ridiculed - for in the quietest voice MAY come the truth for another!!!

Please can we at least show the tolerance on this forum that we all so readily agree to in principle.

I totally agree with what you are saying Genevieve, thank you.
Ace of Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:34 PM   #8
Genevieve
Avalon Senior Member

Kathleen i read your sincerity in your response and i admit freely that i am a relative newcomer to this site

BUT my point here is - WHO decided that all the "whistleblowers" on THIS site are fully legitimate??? Any more than WHO decided on CNN that this eyewitness was credible??

I personally love and will always adhere to the ideals of freedom of speech because amongst all the babble there will always be a voice of truth. And when all said and done isnt it the personal truth that is the only importnatn one?

Any one of the members here could otherwise join a specific group ie:

Bible discussion
UFO discussion
Conspiracy theory site
Political debate
World Economy
Survivalist site
Spiritual guidance

ad nauseum....

The point is THIS is one of the few websites i have come across where - all these spectrums of interest converge freely and one can freely pick up on or reject ideas, thoughts . feelings of other people from all across the globe in an instant!!

Please dont try to shut down this free flow of ideas - i personally think it is of the utmost importance in this currrent time!!

Everyone has their own part to play and i know for a fact we cant ALL just paypal our way out to several joint "safe havens" around the world so please let people plan their "OWN" ascension. If there really WAS/IS a set step by step handbook for all this - there would be NO need for this forum.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:12 PM   #9
EYES WIDE OPEN
Avalon Senior Member

O.K. maybe I was a little harsh. Apologies. Its just that in my profession (Research Librarian) its the biggest sin you can commit.

Regarding the points about how to judge web sites.... All you need do is spend 10-20 minuets reserching said website to see if it has a bad reputation.

I think suggesting I am "trying to shut down this free flow of ideas" is a massive jump and a totaly unwarrented accusation. Its the last thing I am trying to do.

What you are infact saying is that there are too many websites too choose from, so lets belive them all. You are throwing out the baby with the bath water here. Being more discerning is only a good thing!

If you re-read my post, you will see that I am not suggesting people do not post news, but instead, think before they post news as fact.

Bottom line, I am only trying to help.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:37 PM   #10
Mike_Jetson
Avalon Senior Member

I somewhat agree with OP but in a different way. Threads with really poor un explanatory titles that simply say "check this out" with a link to a youtube vid or a news article really have started to get on my nerves somewhat. No opinion or discussion from the OP, just a link, its poor
Mike_Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:38 PM   #11
Shadowstalker
Avalon Senior Member

Here is something to ponder on... And a list....

I have personal ID's:
Michigan
Massachusetts
Connecticut
Florida

I have my S.S. Cards:
Maiden Name
Married Name

I have Birth Certificates:
Hospital Original
Town hall record of birth

But in this day and age if i chose to get my ID from Texas would I get it, possibly not, as all the I's are needed to be dotted and the T'S crossed right? for the NWO/PTB right?

Well we have a glitch here..
My original Birth certificate was never signed by an attending doctor let alone a delivering doctor, just the nurse.

Now considering the way of the world at large and extremist thinking.

Would you consider me a natural born citizen of this country or not?

Do I exist as the person on the birth record/certificate or not.

Is my birth record/certificate a fake of not.

Just a thought...

Last edited by Shadowstalker; 10-29-2008 at 04:42 PM.
Shadowstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:40 PM   #12
Genevieve
Avalon Senior Member

I do hear what you are saying Eyes and once again i have to reiterate

how on earth are we EVER able to verify ANY news we hear nowadays ( or even in the past for that matter) as FACT?

I have had the interesting experience in life of being involved in print media and TV media for over 10 yrs during the 80's and early 90's- and one of the first things i learnt - much to my innocent awakening back then was - that IF you were at an event first hand whilst the reporting was done - you could SEE the vast discrepancies in reporting when it finally went to air or print !! Either by overplay of said "facts" or omission of "facts".

The variables between omission and inclusion can totally distort something to be a "fact" to those viewing what is published (because it has great credentials) and a BLATANT LIE to those who actually experienced the event.

In that light - i still find it very hard to truly trust anyone to judge another on whether they are or are not whistleblowers or dis-informationists.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:51 PM   #13
EYES WIDE OPEN
Avalon Senior Member

I too worked as a researcher in the TV industry for 7 years up until 2005. Unless you are there, you cannot 100% verify everything for yourself let alone others. I agree. BUT..... You simply cannot post news items as FACTS without checking the sources credibility via OTHER MULTIPLE UNRELATED sources. It may not confirm 100% the credibility of said website but it is a good indicator as to its reliability.
If you give up on veryfying information because there is too much of it, you may as well give up science too.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:18 PM   #14
bilderburger w/cheese
Avalon Senior Member

at the very least, we can agree that all news sources should have links to every piece of information stated in the factual end of the posts. i agree with mike jetson that youtube clips are trashy sources. channeling sources are weak (especially after the blossom goodchild debacle) unless the channeler has a good reputation (totally open to interpretation).
hell, son of sam could post here and say that his dog channeled some info to him. i think we can all agree that we could dismiss that.

at the very least....
if someone types, " so and so just said..." a link should be provided. id like to see this become a standard protocol here for all of us crack journalists/news reporters.
bilderburger w/cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:27 PM   #15
Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Jetson View Post
I somewhat agree with OP but in a different way. Threads with really poor un explanatory titles that simply say "check this out" with a link to a youtube vid or a news article really have started to get on my nerves somewhat. No opinion or discussion from the OP, just a link, its poor
Agreed. It seems people just do not bother to read the forum guidelines

Here's what it says about "naked links":

POSTING ‘NAKED’ LINKS

When sharing outside material with the list, please do it in the form of links with summary paragraphs. Posting long passages (i.e. more than a few short paragraphs) of outside text, regardless of relevance, is prohibited.

We do ask that you either summarize the content of the link in a paragraph of your own words and / or with a single-paragraph excerpt from the text itself. “Naked” links, i.e. links without summary text, should be avoided, as most members do not have the time to blindly research such links.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:08 PM   #16
EYES WIDE OPEN
Avalon Senior Member

cool.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:47 AM   #17
EYES WIDE OPEN
Avalon Senior Member

bump
Old 11-02-2008, 09:39 AM   #18
EYES WIDE OPEN
Avalon Senior Member

If nobody minds, I will keep bumping this every now and then.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:01 AM   #19
deb003
Avalon Senior Member

did you know there is an "unconfirmed news" topic choice in the forum choices? maybe the Sorcha Faal articles can go there. LOL
deb003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:10 AM   #20
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve View Post

I don't think the mainstream media is even near 50% reliable but I do think that sources like RENSE are utter nonsense.

Hard to tell the truth but we just have to learn to seek out more sources to verify or disprove what we read.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:11 AM   #21
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb003 View Post
did you know there is an "unconfirmed news" topic choice in the forum choices? maybe the Sorcha Faal articles can go there. LOL
I think PA/PC needs a Tabloid section for most of the political threads.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:37 PM   #22
EYES WIDE OPEN
Avalon Senior Member

Thats a pretty good idea. (bump)
Old 11-09-2008, 05:30 AM   #23
bilderburger w/cheese
Avalon Senior Member

bumping this up again. reading a few news articles on PA from really suspect sources. i hope to 100th monkey this.
bilderburger w/cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:19 AM   #24
AndyH
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowstalker View Post
Here is something to ponder on... And a list....

I have personal ID's:
Michigan
Massachusetts
Connecticut
Florida

I have my S.S. Cards:
Maiden Name
Married Name

I have Birth Certificates:
Hospital Original
Town hall record of birth

But in this day and age if i chose to get my ID from Texas would I get it, possibly not, as all the I's are needed to be dotted and the T'S crossed right? for the NWO/PTB right?

Well we have a glitch here..
My original Birth certificate was never signed by an attending doctor let alone a delivering doctor, just the nurse.

Now considering the way of the world at large and extremist thinking.

Would you consider me a natural born citizen of this country or not?

Do I exist as the person on the birth record/certificate or not.

Is my birth record/certificate a fake of not.

Just a thought...
You exist as a human being and that is all that matters.
All the documentation we have is nothing more than legalise to milk taxation. It's a corporate entity that was shipped via "berth" canal
With the advent of modern technology we now have "asset management" and "asset tracking" available to company management, this is to be passed on to the human race with the id chip. It's all as blatent as it gets tbh.

As for the news posts, yep I agree EWO.
I would stick to MSM because good news from them is rare and all the more powerful for that reason alone. Nevermind the fact that the sheeple also trust these sources.

What I'd really like to see is some new info, not just recycled stuff that I've seen 100 times before. Posting this stuff is preaching to the choir. Every so often though there are some MSM articles that are real pearls with plenty of sources linked and reputable authors. It's this sort of news I'd like to see more of. People can then print this out or send it in emails to those who haven't yet had their eyes opened
AndyH is offline   Reply With Quote