Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Default Does Obama Use Neuro-Linguistic Programming Techniques in Speeches?

There is a 60 page document on the web that has been out there since before the 2008 Presidential election: "An Examination of Obama's Use of Hidden Hypnosis Techniques in His Speeches". The author is unknown. But the document is well-written in my opinion.

The document says that Obama's speeches contain the hypnosis techniques of Dr. Milton Erickson, M.D. who developed a form of "conversational" hypnosis that could be hidden in seemingly normal speech and used on patients without their knowledge for therapy purposes.

Here is a copy and paste of the techniques:

- Trance Inductions
- Hypnotic Anchoring
- Pacing and Leading
- Pacing, Distraction and Utilization
- Critical Factor Bypass
- Stacking Language Patterns
- Preprogrammed Response Adaptation
- Linking Statements/ Causality Bridges
- Secondary Hidden Meanings/Imbedded Suggestions
- Emotion Transfer
- Non-Dominant Hemisphere Programming

On page 5 the document states: "Almost nobody realizes what Obama is doing. These techniques are nearly impossible for an untrained person to detect. With the exception of a few trained experts in hypnosis, nobody understands even what to look for. It sounds in every way like ordinary powerful speech."

If you scroll through the document, you will see photos illustrating the assertions of this document.
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:38 PM   #2
CacklingMuse
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Does Obama Use Neuro-Linguistic Programming Techniques in Speeches?

just as i suspected!! thanks so much for this post!
CacklingMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:02 AM   #3
sleepingnomore

I noticed the hypnotic quality of his speeches during the primaries and found myself just nodding off. Yes I think he does use these techniques. There's something strangely unemotional about him also that bothers me and leads me to think he's not what he appears to be. This goes far beyond the marketing of a candidate that we are all so familiar with.

I also noticed a major difference in him after his Intelligence briefing before he took office. This seemed more than the usual shock effect of being privy to the dark secrets. I don't know it's hard to explain but it's almost as if a different person emerged from that briefing.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:46 AM   #4
redtailhawk
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingnomore View Post
I noticed the hypnotic quality of his speeches during the primaries and found myself just nodding off. Yes I think he does use these techniques. There's something strangely unemotional about him also that bothers me and leads me to think he's not what he appears to be. This goes far beyond the marketing of a candidate that we are all so familiar with.

I also noticed a major difference in him after his Intelligence briefing before he took office. This seemed more than the usual shock effect of being privy to the dark secrets. I don't know it's hard to explain but it's almost as if a different person emerged from that briefing.
Yes, I too noted the dramatic shift in his energy after he was briefed. He looked shocked!
redtailhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:05 AM   #5
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtailhawk View Post
Yes, I too noted the dramatic shift in his energy after he was briefed. He looked shocked!

That's the briefing where they show him the JFK assassination from an angle that no-one has seen before and is given his agenda.

A..

[with apologies to Bill Hicks - one of my heros]
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:25 PM   #6
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Having qualified in the use of Milton Erickson Hypnosis and N.L.P. I am very aware of these techniques being in commonplace use. Adverts being a no 1.
The weather forecasters are trained to how to project, catch the attention of the viewer.
Its now standard procedure for all who deal with the public, sales personnel etc.
Its just the way it is, no big deal.
The egoic part of the mind will find evidence that "proves" its favorite point of view correct and ignore contrary facts. Thats a scientific fact, not a point of view.

There is some info on this written on the "ego what is it? how to transcend" thread.
In the words of Eckhart Tolle author of "the Power of Now" "Dont take your thoughts too seriously"
Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:18 PM   #7
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
no big deal
It's a big deal if people are being bamboozled by politicians.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:31 PM   #8
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seashore View Post
People have been bamboozled by a wide variety of techniques and not just via politicians. Why single them out? They are doing thier jobs in the way they have been educated and conditioned to do them. If I learned NLP why would it be wrong for me to use that to make my points more effectively?

Its the same with occult symbology. Michael Tsarion repeatedly makes the excellent point that these are tools that we can all use, not just the bad guys. We dont want to go outlawing these things - I see that as a fear of the unknown based reaction anyway.

Its up to people to wake up and its up to those who have awakened to help with the awakening.

Is this not what we are about ?

A..
Old 02-17-2010, 09:45 PM   #9
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
Why single them out?
Because politics is serious business.

Obviously, politicians do such things as send men off to war.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:48 PM   #10
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
With respect Seashore its an assumption that people are being bamboozled by poiticians.
They have the same information that you have and on that information you form a conclusion as they do. If you accused them of being bamboozled they would reply can you be sure you are not being bamboozled?
Im not taking side just aware of the way the human mind works as I have been trained to be.
A thought only has the value you personally give it. Some will agree some will disagree thats the way it is in this world.
Im saying the use of N.L.P. is no big deal. Im not saying the end result is no big deal.
Every tool should be used with integrity but who am I to judge what is integrity in this case. Im not living in America so I have no opinion on the politics. No opinion on the politics in UK either. Just live my life to the best of my ability. Thats it.

Regards Chris
Old 02-17-2010, 09:50 PM   #11
K626
Avalon Senior Member

Been going on for ages. In the beginning it was just intuative (charisma)...It is clear to me that Obama is a master at it. Ming dontchya knaa...
K626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:08 PM   #12
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K626 View Post
Been going on for ages. In the beginning it was just intuative (charisma)...It is clear to me that Obama is a master at it. Ming dontchya knaa...
Yes K626
you are correct. N.L.P. just copied what was already in existence, modeled it, made a fortune from teaching it.
Chris
Old 02-17-2010, 10:25 PM   #13
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
With Obama, I believe it's not just techniques - which, in my opinion, he's not using because it's his idea - I think he's been groomed, financed, and handled from the beginning of his political career - but also his
voice, which to me, is mesmerizing to people. At least I find it to be mesmerizing...

This, of course, is not a choice on his part. It's just his voice. But I think people need to think about these things.

We need to learn to focus on the substance of a speech. I think educating ourselves about these things gives us a tool we can use to help us be discerning.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:27 PM   #14
K626
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
With Obama, I believe it's not just techniques - which, in my opinion, he's not using because it's his idea - I think he's been groomed, financed, and handled from the beginning of his political career - but also his
voice, which to me, is mesmerizing to people. At least I find it to be mesmerizing...

This, of course, is not a choice on his part. It's just his voice. But I think people need to think about these things.

We need to learn to focus on the substance of a speech. I think educating ourselves about these things gives us a tool we can use to help us be discerning.
Disney trained us to make emotional descisions.
K626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:31 PM   #15
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Disney trained us to make emotional descisions.
Freeman talks about Disney a lot. He says that J Edgar Hoover hired him to produce war propaganda.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:54 PM   #16
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

Talking Re: Does Obama Use Neuro-Linguistic Programming Techniques in Speeches?

If any of you have use subliminal programing for fast reading, self improvement ,etc. you can begin to notice how subliminal programing is use on news programs like CNN. Yes after turning my TV off now for over a year I can tell you I was hooked and glue to the TV and news shows. Politicians are learning to use the same methods use by commercial ads to influence your subconscious mind. The subliminal messages are very effective . Obama's entourage used the campaign money very well. Over one year later is more of the same, politicians are just that, politicians .
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:40 PM   #17
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Samuel View Post
If any of you have use subliminal programing for fast reading, self improvement ,etc. you can begin to notice how subliminal programing is use on news programs like CNN. Yes after turning my TV off now for over a year I can tell you I was hooked and glue to the TV and news shows. Politicians are learning to use the same methods use by commercial ads to influence your subconscious mind. The subliminal messages are very effective . Obama's entourage used the campaign money very well. Over one year later is more of the same, politicians are just that, politicians .
I feel that if we could just get the money out of politics, then we would then find that honest people - and there are honest people who want to be in government for the people - would have a chance, and we would find that politics and the way politicians operate, would change.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:11 PM   #18
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
...its an assumption that people are being bamboozled by poiticians.
They have the same information that you have...
When I say people, I'm talking about all of us.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:17 PM   #19
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
When I say people, I'm talking about all of us.
Sorry I picked you up wrong Seashore.
I can only speak for me and im not that sure which me Im speaking for

Regards Chris
Old 02-17-2010, 10:30 PM   #20
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Sorry I picked you up wrong Seashore.
I can only speak for me and im not that sure which me Im speaking for

Regards Chris
Are you of the opinion that NLP can be used for good things?

I did notice when I searched for the YouTube video that I posted here that it appears that NLP is taught as a positive thing to be used to increase our brain power. Is that true?
Old 02-17-2010, 10:47 PM   #21
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Are you of the opinion that NLP can be used for good things?

I did notice when I searched for the YouTube video that I posted here that it appears that NLP is taught as a positive thing to be used to increase our brain power. Is that true?
Seashore N.L.P.
is very broad based.
In the beginning the originators looked at all the therapists that were ultra successful to see if it was just them or could it be learned and taught. They found that yes the technique could be learned and taught,

When I was practicing I cured people of phobias and all kinds of malfunctions of the mind using NLP. So yes it can be used positively much good can come of it.
People greatly lacking in confidence were taught how to project them selves using NLP.
Brain power can be enhanced.

In therapy the ego will sabotage the "cure" as there is massive pay value in being a victim, the center of attention - co-dependent. So embedded suggestions are made to the subconscious un tampered with by the ego. end results are implied.

The populous may be fooled by politicians using NLP but all politicians use it so it balances out.

Hope this helps.
Chris
Old 02-17-2010, 11:14 PM   #22
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Seashore,

It is my position that the voice is an incredible tool. Experts in its use in various modes can gain complete control over people. Like any tool it can be abused. NLP is one mode, but there are others.

Let's take a slightly less pejorative example: singing.

Lisa Gerrard is one of my favourites. She sings with the voice of an angel. When she sings her glossolalia she brings an energy that can make me cry like a baby if I am open to allowing myself to be carried that way.

I have noted that when I am speaking (or for that matter even writting) about something emotionaly resonant for me it can make my throat choke up and has made me get emotional on several occasions (of they eye-leaking kind!). For example this happened once when I was describing a healing event at a meeting of fellow avalonians in Sydney - one minute I am describing a healing I was involved in carrying out on a sick animal, the next the amazing and burst of joy I had at the discovery that it had worked - and this triggered the leaky emotional response I felt at that time all over again. I wish to be able to speak to these subject unimpeded by this emotional response (since it gets in the way and stops me dead in my tracks) and I find it most inconvenient and a little embarrassing.

Recently I discovered that being affected that way is OPTIONAL - as soon as you see yourself being carried along like this you can exercise the OPTION to shut it down and remain in control - it takes practise. I am practising even as I wrote the above.

Anyway the point is that I think the sound produced by the voice is uniquely overlaid by additional energies associated with the mental intent that was used to invoke those sounds and words - therefore it is not just 3D sound - it is a spiritual energy. These energies have the extraordinary power and can reach the hearts of our fellow humankind if used well.

A..
Old 02-17-2010, 11:49 PM   #23
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
I have noted that when I am speaking (or for that matter even writting) about something emotionaly resonant for me it can make my throat choke up and has made me get emotional on several occasions (of they eye-leaking kind!). For example this happened once when I was describing a healing event at a meeting of fellow avalonians in Sydney - one minute I am describing a healing I was involved in carrying out on a sick animal, the next the amazing and burst of joy I had at the discovery that it had worked - and this triggered the leaky emotional response I felt at that time all over again. I wish to be able to speak to these subject unimpeded by this emotional response (since it gets in the way and stops me dead in my tracks) and I find it most inconvenient and a little embarrassing.
I, personally, love it when people display emotions of a loving kind. It makes me connect to that person. I listen to Dr Ott's radio show a lot, and one time he started to cry on air. He was reading aloud a piece about an autistic child. I have nothing but respect for people who care enough to cry.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:35 PM   #24
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Seashore N.L.P.
is very broad based.
In the beginning the originators looked at all the therapists that were ultra successful to see if it was just them or could it be learned and taught. They found that yes the technique could be learned and taught,

When I was practicing I cured people of phobias and all kinds of malfunctions of the mind using NLP. So yes it can be used positively much good can come of it.
People greatly lacking in confidence were taught how to project them selves using NLP.
Brain power can be enhanced.

In therapy the ego will sabotage the "cure" as there is massive pay value in being a victim, the center of attention - co-dependent. So embedded suggestions are made to the subconscious un tampered with by the ego. end results are implied.
This is the intended use of it by the person who originated it. And it's with permission, because the patient/client has hired the therapist to do therapy.

Quote:
The populous may be fooled by politicians using NLP but all politicians use it so it balances out.
An honest politician would not try to fool the public.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:04 AM   #25
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
This is the intended use of it by the person who originated it. And it's with permission, because the patient/client has hired the therapist to do therapy.

Chris says Agree totally seashore.

An honest politician would not try to fool the public.
That is so too, but honest politicians will use N.L.P. honestly.
It is just a way of giving impact to the words, the words are out there for all to hear and agree or disagree. If the technique was so potent then everyone would have to agree with the speaker and that just dosent happen.
All political parties use sound bites, slogans, spin Dr's. Its the way it is seashore..
There are politicians and there are Statesmen, they are a rare breed.

Regards Chris