Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Archived Threads - Read Only

Notices

Archived Threads - Read Only For threads not posted in for 30 days

Old 09-18-2008, 03:45 PM   #1
d. macaluso
Avalon Senior Member

Default ART to IMPACT the PSYCHE (not for the faint of heart)

As a professional artist, I love pretty pictures too. Especially artwork done by hand; and in that sense I'm a purist in an age of computer-aided design (some of which produces stunning results). But whether by hand or by mouse-- noble it is for a human being to extend into the material or virtual world, the visual realm of one's psyche.

So art is an expression of psychic energies. Sometimes. And sometimes it's a weapon of war. The war to manifest a specific stable of ideas and to encourage a specific viewer-consciousness, however gradual a process. The artist of the new ... constructs a visual embryo toward the birth of a forward-looking agenda. An endeavor of soft power to inseminating new seeds into the visual realm of Psyche herself.

Therefore I wield my brush as a sword....

From the series of paintings called "Mindsnapper":

"... The overarching theme [of Mindsnapper] is that human consciousness is both a progenitor and a product of local and global events; and that this "internal" and "external" force, respectively, are distinct vital systems of a single, universal organism. Mindsnapper reaches toward the prospect of an emerging civilization-mode rooted in this "universal" perception-- one largely powered by light-based energy. Here the concept of "illumination" is approached, both from a consciousness and a materials perspective."

http://www.davidmacaluso.com

From Scalar Wars: The Brave New World of Scalar Electromagnetics

"......A third howitzer mode is what Col. Bearden calls "Mindsnapper" mode. This is a truly frightening mode which affects the electromagnetic mind-body connection. Being mind-snapped at a low level would cause you to lose consciousness. Being mind-snapped at a slightly higher power would "entrain" all minds in the target area into a kind of hypnogogic trance, a state in which they would all be highly susceptible to suggestions and orders. ..."

http://www.prahlad.org/pub/bearden/scalar_wars.htm

Yours,

d.
d. macaluso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 04:46 PM   #2
tenderheart

Default Re: ART to IMPACT the PSYCHE (not for the faint of heart)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d. macaluso View Post
As a professional artist, I love pretty pictures too. Especially artwork done by hand; and in that sense I'm a purist in an age of computer-aided design (some of which produces stunning results). But whether by hand or by mouse-- noble it is for a human being to extend into the material or virtual world, the visual realm of one's psyche.

So art is an expression of psychic energies. Sometimes. And sometimes it's a weapon of war. The war to manifest a specific stable of ideas and to encourage a specific viewer-consciousness, however gradual a process. The artist of the new ... constructs a visual embryo toward the birth of a forward-looking agenda. An endeavor of soft power to inseminating new seeds into the visual realm of Psyche herself.

Therefore I wield my brush as a sword....

From the series of paintings called "Mindsnapper":

"... The overarching theme [of Mindsnapper] is that human consciousness is both a progenitor and a product of local and global events; and that this "internal" and "external" force, respectively, are distinct vital systems of a single, universal organism. Mindsnapper reaches toward the prospect of an emerging civilization-mode rooted in this "universal" perception-- one largely powered by light-based energy. Here the concept of "illumination" is approached, both from a consciousness and a materials perspective."

http://www.davidmacaluso.com

From Scalar Wars: The Brave New World of Scalar Electromagnetics

"......A third howitzer mode is what Col. Bearden calls "Mindsnapper" mode. This is a truly frightening mode which affects the electromagnetic mind-body connection. Being mind-snapped at a low level would cause you to lose consciousness. Being mind-snapped at a slightly higher power would "entrain" all minds in the target area into a kind of hypnogogic trance, a state in which they would all be highly susceptible to suggestions and orders. ..."

http://www.prahlad.org/pub/bearden/scalar_wars.htm

Yours,

d.

amazing work! I love Sol, Amen, it's awesome. It's a painting of the Sun, right? Phoneticly it sounds like Soloman. I noticed GiantSlayer is from the statue of David by Donatello. So cool. David and Soloman? Hmm....

But in my view art is about beauty, not war. And beauty can IMPACT the world!

Beautiful work!
Old 09-18-2008, 08:23 PM   #3
d. macaluso
Avalon Senior Member

Hey Tender,

Thanks!

I would just say that beauty is worth believing in! And it's a fine goal for an artist to seek to engender a feeling of beauty in his or her viewers (viewers if a visual artist). I would say there's nothing trite about that goal. Perhaps if enough minds are saturated with Beauty (in whatever form) there would be less desire to pour energy into strife. Also there's an "oceanic" feeling that comes with "beauty", and that tends to soften the embrace of the moment.

Yet as any creator must know, there are opportunity costs when choosing an intention or a creative direction. And some art screams, and some art whispers.

Reflection
18" H x 15.5" W
(46 cm x 39 cm)
Graphite and Colored Pencil on paper

Yours,

d.

Last edited by d. macaluso; 09-18-2008 at 08:25 PM.
d. macaluso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:50 AM   #4
crowmirror

Last edited by crowmirror; 10-03-2008 at 11:31 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:57 AM   #5
PodWORLD
Avalon Senior Member

I love Seurat - Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte.

Ten foot masterpiece composed of coloured dots perfectly positioned to juxtapose colour so it constructs the image all done by hand in the 19th century. SIGH.
PodWORLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:00 AM   #6
Andre
Avalon Senior Member

Interesting, but don't we have a art thread opened already and under good discussion at: http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=2260

Moderators, I think something needs to be done about this.
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
love, new energy, war, Art Bell