Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Books, Videos, Articles, etc.

Notices

Old 10-20-2008, 12:08 AM   #1
sylph16
Avalon Senior Member

Post 'mammoth anomaly in the south dakota badlands'

Not sure what to make of this article but things sure do look amiss!

http://www.waftit.com/Anomaly1.htm

Quote:
As the increasingly magnified images of Figures 1 to 6 clearly shows, someone is conducting what looks like a mammoth farming operation secreted away right in the middles of the worst part of the South Dakota badlands. Presumably where no one would spot it.

Extremely magnified, Figure 6 clearly shows that the rows are indicative of tractor tracks from farming. But who would grow what in the middle of bad land like that unless it was a gigantic marihuana grow operation or switch grass for ethanol production. Since this is not privately owned land, who's doing it and under what authority?

One observer has commented, "There are no real farm out-buildings, no signs of irrigation, the rows are not farm like. Looks like a big toxic waste dump spreading the stuff out to disperse it". Likewise, were liquid toxic waste were being sprayed out along the tracks, after they evaporated, the residues would likewise look exactly like the tracks in the figures, namely irregular and spotty.

Adding to the mystery is the fact that there are no typical farming structures anywhere to be seen. Only a couple of very small maintenance sheds, figures 7 and 8, located in the west corner elbow of the upper area of fig. 3. Which curiously, as figures 6 and 7 also clearly show, do not connect to any of the access roads, only to the fields.

Similarly, the only vehicle showing anywhere in the whole giant area is a chemical highway transport hauler near the sheds, shown more clearly in figure 9. As our Grandparents would have said, 'Looks definitely like some hanky panky is going on'.
sylph16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:27 AM   #2
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: 'mammoth anomaly in the south dakota badlands'

Yeah any of the google earth hysteria with people I've beens staying away from. No offense to some people, but they really are idiots when it comes to the software such as not understanding UV mapping or natural formations, and making a big deal out of it.

Anyways, there is something def amiss with it, you're right. It does not look like agriculture by no means.
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:47 AM   #3
sylph16
Avalon Senior Member

I agree Gregor...GE is just a software prog sucseptable to glitchs...just thought this looked weird.

peace

sylph
sylph16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:28 AM   #4
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Did somebody say marijuana fields?
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:54 AM   #5
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

This posting interested me and as I had some spare time on my hands (as well as some paint and a bit of lettuce from a hamburger), I decided to do a bit of further useless research. The date of the area photographed was August 5th 2005 so that puts it towards the end of summer. The altitude of the place varies from 986m on its western boundary to 967m on the eastern side. So the fall is 19m. From 977m on the furthest point north, to 987m on the southern boundary for a fall of 10m.

The area stretches over 10km east to west, or, from west to east depending on which way you are driving, and 6km north to south. In one of the fields there are two distinct sets of wheel tracks that have a width of 3.6m and 6.4m respectively. Also, in one field I noticed quite a scattering of white dots that if they were in the sky and moving, I'd say were suspiciously like UFOs. If it was here in Australia, I'd guess that they were bails of cotton. I notice that that part of Dakota produces corn, soybeans and wheat with no mention of cotton though.

If you have Google Earth installed on you PC, go to the following co-ordinates and check these things out . . . . 43 degrees 31.405N and 102 degrees 43.787W.

See, I told you it was useless research.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:09 AM   #6
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Wow you must have alot of time on your hands, and don't mention paint, I've been a commercial painter for 17 years. Your right, no cotton there, cotton is only grown in the south in the US. I noticed that there is a road going down the middle, so there is access. I think the way they plowed the fields is strange, not in uniform lines like normal, you know, either all west to east, or north to south. I know about South Dakota and really is nothing out that way.In fact the state tree is a telephone pole! LOL! Good research on your part though.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:38 AM   #7
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

More interesting things I've noticed - at co-ordinates 43 degrees 30.777N and 102 degrees 39.196W are a zillion white dots that are connected by tracks. These dots seem to be between 2 and 2.5m in diameter.

The base that the area is probably worked from can be found at 43 degrees 30.732N and 102 dgrees 38.287W where there are buildings and what looks like vehicles parked there with a roadway snaking into the area under question.

One thing (among many) that puzzles me are the large white areas. My first thoughts were that it was snow but as the season is the end of summer, I ruled that out. It was further ruled out by the fact that the white areas are lower than the dark areas. Could it be salt or some other mineral that has leached out of the soil?

Now that I've got the paint off my hands I can eat the rest of my lunch.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:01 PM   #8
Sushi
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: 'mammoth anomaly in the south dakota badlands'

The area in question is part of the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. About half of the Badlands National Park falls within the reservation, so the Oglala Sioux have a voice in the management of the park.

We shouldn't assume that what's going on there is illegal. Different laws apply on reservation lands with good reason. Much Native American culture has already been destroyed.

The OS are very likely cultivating heritage crops or engaging in other activities related to their ancestry.
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:05 PM   #9
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinty View Post
More interesting things I've noticed - at co-ordinates 43 degrees 30.777N and 102 degrees 39.196W are a zillion white dots that are connected by tracks. These dots seem to be between 2 and 2.5m in diameter.

The base that the area is probably worked from can be found at 43 degrees 30.732N and 102 dgrees 38.287W where there are buildings and what looks like vehicles parked there with a roadway snaking into the area under question.

One thing (among many) that puzzles me are the large white areas. My first thoughts were that it was snow but as the season is the end of summer, I ruled that out. It was further ruled out by the fact that the white areas are lower than the dark areas. Could it be salt or some other mineral that has leached out of the soil?

Now that I've got the paint off my hands I can eat the rest of my lunch.
I'm pretty sure that's snow, and the white dots are either little patches of snow or sand/dirt. Maybe dried up buffalo poop! LOL.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:45 PM   #10
Sushi
Avalon Senior Member

Post Re: 'mammoth anomaly in the south dakota badlands'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
I'm pretty sure that's snow, and the white dots are either little patches of snow or sand/dirt. Maybe dried up buffalo poop! LOL.
It's not snow. The soil composition of the Badlands is unique. It's oily, which you really notice when it rains. The place is a little dangerous when it gets wet because the terrain is very slippery. When you're on the ground there you can see the rainbow effect on the pavement akin to oil and water mixing. Personally, I believe the OS are probably sitting on a deposit there.

In prehistoric times this area was the bottom of a lake. From space it's highly reflective, so it looks like its covered with snow when it really isn't. Increase altitude in Google Earth and have a look at the surrounding area and you'll see that fields are green.
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:21 PM   #11
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Yup you're right everything else is green around there, I don't know why I didn't see that before,just blind I guess.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:42 PM   #12
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
The area in question is part of the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. About half of the Badlands National Park falls within the reservation, so the Oglala Sioux have a voice in the management of the park.

We shouldn't assume that what's going on there is illegal. Different laws apply on reservation lands with good reason. Much Native American culture has already been destroyed.

The OS are very likely cultivating heritage crops or engaging in other activities related to their ancestry.
Thanks for that info Sushi - just goes to show, if you ask the right person the right question, you'll get the right answer.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:08 PM   #13
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Pretty interesting stuff...the latest mosaic I'm showing in GE shows some round tanks among the outbuildings, where the large truck was parked earlier. This isn't agriculture. They're spreading chemicals.

One thing that is real intriguing is that out of that part of S. Dakota, ONLY that chemical farm is in sharp focus...the rest of the badlands is much poorer resolution.

It's good to know that if some evil corporation is doing the nasty out there in secret in the boondocks, our valiant government is on it, keep an eye out from space and ready to swoop in and keep us all safe.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:13 PM   #14
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

weird, thanks!!
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:01 PM   #15
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Just to stir the pot a bit more . . . . . using Google Earth, go to Australia - about one third of the way in from the east coast you will see a large oval feature centred on co-ordinates, 26 degrees, 42.119S and 143 degrees, 5.991E. This oval is roughly 318km x 250km.

Now, go to 26 degrees, 39.293S and 143 degrees, 26.228E and study it from an altitude of between 3 and 5km. Then come down to an altitude of 2 to 3km and move north-west to 26 degrees, 38.461S and 143 degrees, 25.834E.

This area is about 82km west of the town of Quilpie and the lines that remind one of those on the Nazca plains in Peru, appear to be tracks that mark out a grid pattern. The blueish blotches are trees and the smaller black ones are shrubs - the rest of the area is just sand and stones - basically what most of the bulk of Australia is like.

I’d be interested to know what your opinions are of what we are looking at.