Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Books, Videos, Articles, etc.

Notices

Old 06-13-2009, 12:24 PM   #1
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Default 9/11 Truther Preparing to Sue Glenn Beck

According to this blog post, a person by the name of Greg Hoover "is preparing to file a defamation lawsuit against TV / radio personality, Glenn Beck, the producers of the Glenn Beck Program, and the Fox News Channel":

Friday, June 12, 2009
9/11 Truth Activist Sues Glenn Beck and Fox News for Defamation

An East Coast 9/11 truth activist is preparing to file a defamation lawsuit against TV / radio personality, Glenn Beck, the producers of the Glenn Beck Program, and the Fox News Channel.

Specifically, Greg Hoover will be suing the above-described defendants in Federal Court for Beck’s having repeatedly broadcast statements characterizing those who question the government’s official version of the events of 9/11 as, "anarchists," "terrorists" and as persons denying the Holocaust.

The complaint will note that - on October 22, 2007 - Beck suggested that those identifying themselves as associated with the 9/11 truth movement are "dangerous" "anarchists" who deny the Holocaust, and are "the kind of group that Timothy McVeigh would come from."

The suit will also note that during Beck’s June 10th broadcast Beck linked the murder of the Washington D.C. holocaust museum guard with "9/11 truthers."

As I have previously written, suing people for defamation who falsely claim that 9/11 activists are terrorists could be a good way to stand up to these bullies (I have not personally analyzed the legal issues involved, and have suggested Hoover consult with an attorney).

Hoover told me by email:

Copies of my actual initial filings will be available for media distribution within the upcoming week…

I do so having now cast off all other personal concerns. Having chosen sides... I'll stand with the patriots.

Godspeed, Mr. Hoover.

I will update this post with links to Mr. Hoover's complaint as soon as it is available.

Note: Mr. Hoover has not requested either legal or financial assistance. However, if you are an attorney experienced in defamation claims, please let me know, and I'll pass on your name.
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:58 PM   #2
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: 9/11 Truther Preparing to Sue Glenn Beck

This is the most amazing thing I have heard in a while. I wonder if it would be possible to do a group civil suit, getting hundreds and thousands of people together?
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 01:04 PM   #3
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
This is the most amazing thing I have heard in a while. I wonder if it would be possible to do a group civil suit, getting hundreds and thousands of people together?
Yeah!! A class-action lawsuit!!

Get to work Avalon attorneys! (I'm bossy, aren't I?)

Old 06-14-2009, 07:21 AM   #4
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

This should teach people on here to stop idolizing Glenn Beck and the verbal diarrhea that he spews.

And just so people know, left-wing sites do the same thing to 9/11 truthers.

Me? I'm in the middle on this but still, good for the folks going after Beck.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:42 AM   #5
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
This should teach people on here to stop idolizing Glenn Beck...
I've never seen a post such as this...
Old 06-14-2009, 10:22 AM   #6
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
This should teach people on here to stop idolizing Glenn Beck and the verbal diarrhea that he spews.

examples of this idolatry please HJ
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote