Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:05 AM   #26
Steve_G

Default Re: Permits to photograph!?

MISSING CCTV FOOTAGE (AGAIN)

http://gizmonaut.net/blog/uk/missing...age-again.html

A good article giving a good timeline of events surrounding the death of Ian Tomlinson.

Quote:
As early as February, Met's Superintendent David Hartshorn was extolling that the 'Police are preparing for a "summer of rage"'. Predicted highlights included the G20 Summit: Xmas coming early for activists, and industrial disputes in reaction to the downturn in the economy. That gave plenty of time for the Police to ensure they were fully prepared for the - mostly peaceful - demonstrations and climate camp scheduled for April 1st.

Met CCTV campaignThe police, and the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC), know the importance of video footage for evidential use. They already went through much controversy about missing CCTV footage in Stockwell tube station at the scene of the shooting of Jean Charles de Menezes by a police officer. (In my case, CCTV footage was lost because no police officer actually requested it from Transport for London.)

That's why the Police promotes 'a few simple rules to ensure that CCTV is not rendered useless' (image on the right taken from this campaign). And that's also a justification for the police using their own photographers and videographers, the Forward Intelligence Team (FIT), as was exemplified at the previous climate camp in Kingsnorth.

In light of the above, it could have been expected that as part of its preparation, the police would have checked that all the CCTV cameras in the City of London were in good order. As soon as incidents had been known to happen the relevant footage would have been secured.

Witnesses rapidly came forward about police brutality against peaceful protesters and about the assault on Ian Tomlinson. The IPCC has already received 120 complaints relating to police actions at the G20 demonstrations. However, key CCTV footage is still lacking.

• 2009-04-01 During the G20 protests in the City of London, Ian Tomlinson, a newspaper vendor, collapses in Cornhill. He is pronounced dead at the hospital. He had been assaulted by a police officer minutes before collapsing....
It's the City of London Police getting their hands grubby on this one. Remember that the City of London is like the Vatican- an independant city state sitting at the heart of a seperate nation.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:34 AM   #27
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Cheers for that info steve.
I am sick and tired-i was stopped again yesterday with my camera around my neck;i'm feeling more and more alienated from every direction-something is very,very wrong...
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:52 PM   #28
Steve_G

It has been for a long time, it's just becoming more and more visible in more and more ways. I don't think ANYTHING is as it is portrayed, in any significant area. The good news is the more the veils come down the more people wake up. Hopefully.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:38 PM   #29
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antaletriangle View Post
Cheers for that info steve.
I am sick and tired-i was stopped again yesterday with my camera around my neck;i'm feeling more and more alienated from every direction-something is very,very wrong...
What happened??
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:43 PM   #30
Egg
Banned

Quote:
The tourists were told it is 'strictly forbidden' to take pictures of anything to do with public transport and their names, passport numbers and hotel address in London were noted.
Mr Matzka was then forced to delete any holiday snaps that featured anything to do with transport.
The retired television cameraman was particularly annoyed to give up his pictures of Vauxhall underground station, a building he regards as 'modern sculpture'.
'I've never had these experiences anywhere, never in the world, not even in Communist countries,' he said.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ondon-bus.html

papers please! You will fear the facist bullies in charge! you will fear terrorism, you will be full of fear!

I am starting to get mighty sick of this rubbish. Poor man, coming to the UK and getting treated worse than if he was in Communist China.
Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:39 PM   #31
Swanny
I dont need a label !

From your link Egg

Quote:
'I have already written to Sir Paul... and made the point that if it was not for people taking photos, we would not know about the death of Ian Tomlinson or the woman hit by a police officer,' she added.
That's eggxactly what they want
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:42 PM   #32
jazzgad
Avalon Senior Member

this is video from action where police in England is trying
to stop a guy from filming them ,when guy is in his own yard

http://www.machovideo.com/article.php?article=14313
jazzgad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:45 PM   #33
Zeddo
Avalon Senior Member

I like those pics, brilliant.

Z
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:15 AM   #34
Steve_G

I found this today. The footnote on page 2 of the report is very revealing, and it's a superb example of how law enforcement / intelligence agency peons are just as brainwashed as everyone else, only at a different level. Check it out:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/5410658/...Wing-Extremism
Old 04-19-2009, 04:43 AM   #35
Truthseeker360
Avalon Senior Member

Are we not played like fiddles,do they wish that we have civil uprising to impose martial law to restrict movements,no cameras as g20 summit prove that police out of control.

And the protesters that were rowdy you think they wernt planted,all media hype on what happened outside summit ,not inside.
Not surprissed with the **** they agreed to implement.

Swear one of the coppers wasn't real deal,and i know we got loads of plastic cops(specials) wtf ,but not what i mean.

Truthseeker360
Love light & Togetherness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg View Post
Dave - The Police here in the Uk are wildly out of control in some aspects, and totally into appeasing other sections of society.

Had you been a Muslim, they would of taken off their shoes, asked your local religious leader permission to talk to you, and then thanked you ever so kindly and left the dog in the van in case you got offended.

Then you would get 60 thousand pounds for 'hurt feelings' as you decided the Police were racist.

That your not is why they feel they need to exercise maximum penalties against you.

A photographer? dammit, you must be plotting to steal the souls of all those you photograph - Hang him!
Truthseeker360 is offline   Reply With Quote