Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2008, 05:17 PM   #1
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Default *Consider This*

I posted pretty much this same message under the topic What Does It Mean? If I'm overstepping by putting it here too, then the mods can move it as they see fit.

I've been calling for Ground Crews to get up from the computer and take the new paradigm out into the streets. I've told our local Forum members where I work, and put my cell phone number out there. And I've been saying: Let's get together! Let's meet, plan, talk, brainstorm, and act! So far there have been very few takers.

So consider this: the PTB have us right where they want us. They know where we are: sitting at our computers. They don't need to worry. We're not out in the streets, talking to people about what we all need to do when the stuff hits the fan. We're not offering hope to anyone besides our digital pals (if them). We're not out showing people that the solutions are in their own hands. If we were, then they'd have something to fear from us.

I want to draw a contrast here: I also belong to a group that is using the tool Strengths Finder 2.0 which is marketed as a business motivational tool. It is a powerful life tool that allows one to identify and focus on a number of one's strengths, and discover the strengths of others as well. Positive, proactive focus is what this tool offers. It's well worth the $20 it costs at Barnes & Noble. This other group meets every few days - in fact there's always some kind of conversation going on, like one of those perpetual rotating poker games.

Our focus is not on business but on moving ahead in community as the world around us crumbles. Sustainability. Helping people find real solutions by breaking out of the mold. It can be done. I'm not trying to show how wonderful my friends and I are. I'm trying to say that we need more of this! Action is needed, and there are already people striving to fill that need. We must join them.

I think that the idea of the Ground Crews was to fill that need, too. So what are we doing? This is what I want to see from Ground Crews! This is what we need if we are to have any effectiveness at all. If all we do is sit at the computer, there are no Ground Crews.

Please consider that if we fail to act, we are playing right into the PTB's plans.

We need to be balanced. The Internet is a historic development, a resource and tool of epic proportions. We need to use it. Forums like this one are of historic importance, because never before have people been able to connect in real time, all over the globe. You can research anything you want. The good, the bad, the ugly and the sublime are all at the click of a mouse.

But it's seductive. We can spend whole days sitting at the keyboard going ticky-tacky. Ask me how I know. We have all this information, but it's not knowledge until we know it, and it's not wisdom until it's been put into practice. So we have to find balance, and the agenda of the PTB is to keep us all off-balance. We do this by putting what we learn into practice. And we can't do that at the computer any more than we can in front of the TV. They know this.

They don't have us chipped yet. As long as we're at the computer they can locate us precisely, but when we're out and about they don't know what we're up to. They can read every word we type - including the parts we edit out, if they wish - but they don't know what we talk about. We're not under blanket surveillance, yet. And we won't be anytime soon because it costs too much, and they're broke. This is a real ace for us.

So once again I'm putting out the call for Ground Crews! We must get together, we must decide on actions, we must plan for the future which will be upon us whether we plan ahead or not. Some people don't like the name Ground Crew - so call it something else, who cares? Just do something. Meet in twos and threes. Join forces. Learn what's out there. Use this tool to enhance our meeting and networking - not as a replacement.

Again: they know where we are when we're at our computers. They're not stupid, they know human nature. We're in the corral. There's no lock on the gate other than our own intertia. Let's go raid the garden!

Last edited by whitecrow; 10-14-2008 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Elucidation
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote