Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Archived Threads - Read Only

Notices

Archived Threads - Read Only For threads not posted in for 30 days

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2008, 09:23 AM   #1
Jeremiad
Avalon Senior Member

Default Project Avalon Conference Calls

Hey Everybody!

So I just had this idea. I've been using a program called Skype recently, to keep in contact with my friends and family back home. In case you're not familiar with it, this is an amazing program that allows you to talk from computer to computer for FREE.

I was thinking with everything that's been happening lately, we may not have the internet and it's unlimited access for too much longer. So I wanted to throw out an idea to the community to see how many people would be interested in the idea.

With Skype, you can set up conference calls for up to 24 people. I was thinking that it might be a cool idea to set up a list here of people who are interesting in discussing current events and coming up with possible plans for what might be in our future. It would be faster communication than the boards, and with Skype allowing for Webcams, maybe a little more personal.

If anything, we might be able to not only get to know each other a little better, but also to come together as a group and brainstorm in an environment similar to as if we were all sitting together in a room.

Anyway, I don't know how many of you are keen on the idea, but if there's enough support I thought maybe we should set something up. Possibly a weekly thing, or maybe even a nightly thing (obviously no one could be there every night, but at least there would be people together in case you couldn't make the weekly meeting).

I figure the Project Avalon community has so many ideas to share that it's important for us to keep as much communication going as possible for as long as possible.

So for those of you interested, I suggest you post your Skype username. So to get the ball rolling, mine is Jeremiad22.

I look forward to hearing what is is ya'll have to say!

- J
Jeremiad is offline   Reply With Quote