Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 02-15-2010, 04:17 PM   #1
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

Default Earth Updates-2010

Hello All,

Being a member of this forum, each you are more than likely aware of the rumored events related to 2012 before and beyond, and the earth changes involved with such rumors. I myself, have personally reached a point to where I've seen enough physical evidence, data, and considered enough "outside of myself" sources to know something is indeed, seems to be coming out of the woods.

Keeping this in mind, I wanted to use this thread as a one stop point of access to help all of us stay up to date and aware of Earth anomalies that occur or are reported around the world. I view this as another "realtime" scenario playing out that could get side tracked or overshadowed by non related posts, that are also not of a realtime urgency.

This thread should consist of abnormal climate change/inclimate weather patterns, earthquakes, volcano activity, animal behavior, sea level changes, human and earth encounters/incidents, etc. However, please keep all the information posted here fact based only.

The goal is to simply have one source for everyone to use for monitoring such events and identify potential escalation.

Thanks in advance,

gscraig
gscraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:32 PM   #2
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Earth Updates-2010

very good idea...
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

it has been reported today...
On one of the farms in the south of Poland, water in one of the wells has the temperature of 50 degrees Celsius. This phenomenon has not been explained as of yet. They checked all the parameters and the water is suitable for drinking. it is not an area of hot springs....

Last edited by burgundia; 02-15-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:42 PM   #4
Stardustaquarion
Avalon Senior Member

Cold wave in Florida

Iguanas, pythons and other non-native species are freezing to death as temperatures plummet in the Sunshine State. Comatose iguanas have been dropping from the trees and pythons have frozen to death in their tracks in Florida's unusually harsh winter, wildlife officials said today. Parts of the Sunshine State saw their second snowfall of the season this weekend, with the extended cold spells killing off a host of tropical intruders, including iguanas, Burmese and African pythons and invasive fish. State wildlife officials said more than half of the green iguanas, which are native to South America, could have been killed off. "The iguanas up in the trees just got so cold, they kind of went very, very sluggish, and just fell down," said Jenny Tinnell, a biologist with Florida's Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. Residents of south Florida, who have discovered the animals on their patios, have tried to warm them back to life. Local newspapers, meanwhile, have been warning homeowners not to let their dogs gnaw on iguana corpses, which may be poisonous. In the Everglades, trackers licensed by the state have discovered the decaying corpses of three African rock pythons, which can reach over 20ft and can kill people. State officials believe up to half of the Burmese pythons have also died, along with large numbers of invasive fish. The python die-off could be helpful to wildlife officials. The alien constrictors, many of them abandoned pets, have been taking over portions of the Everglades, threatening native species. Last month, the Obama administration said it was considering a ban on nine species of giant snake. "The fish and wildlife commission has no problem with nature naturally knocking back those populations," said Tinnell. But the harsh winter is also harming natives such as the manatee, which is an endangered species. Long periods of cold weaken their immune systems. Officials said about 200 manatee carcasses have washed up on shore since the beginning of the year. Dozens of crocodiles have also died. The extreme temperatures also prompted a rescue effort last month for endangered sea turtles. Officials plucked more than 4,000 from chilly waters, bathing them in warm salt water to revive them.

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/woalert_read.php?cid=24946
Stardustaquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:57 PM   #5
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

Was in yellowstone snowmobiling first week in febuary. Quakes being reported are due to tetonic plate movements and are NOT due to magma building up. My one friends there said he felt like his dog was on the floor laying against the bed frame scratching himself shaking the bed. Then he realized that it wasn't the dog. I'll keep an eye out here in the great lakes area for Team Avalaon!
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #6
viking
Avalon Senior Member

hey Craig ... great idea...

We can all input and see if we can connect the dots!!

viking
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:30 PM   #7
dddanieljjjamesss
Avalon Senior Member

I don't know if anyone lives on the northeast coast of the US, but I grew up in NJ and am now living in MA, and my mom called me the other day and told me they had an earthquake. Sure enough there was a 2.2 last week near ramapo county NJ. Never experienced any form of earthquake in my 22 years and we are definitely not in an area that has them very frequently.
dddanieljjjamesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:33 PM   #8
viking
Avalon Senior Member

Hmmmm scarey...more of this to come?

Mummy Gaia is not a happy bunny!!

viking
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:38 PM   #9
5thElement
Avalon Senior Member

Sea level changes in India:

Our grandparents and our parents all used to stay here. We had a lot of wealth and a lot of land before this. But now we are left with very little land and very little money to survive on.

- Durga Pal, resident of Sagar Island in the Bay of Bengal

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=123733017

El
5thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:42 PM   #10
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

Chaiten Volcano activity causes Chile to raise Red Alert status.
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/am...ano/index.html

6.8 Quake in Eastern Indonesia (6.2 recorded by US Geological Survey) on 2/16/10.

I'm curious how we should go about quake reporting, due to the mini quakes that occur often. Perhaps we post those of at least 6.0 magnitude, and those in areas that generally or historically do not have them??
Old 02-17-2010, 08:04 PM   #11
5thElement
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gscraig View Post
Chaiten Volcano activity causes Chile to raise Red Alert status.
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/am...ano/index.html

6.8 Quake in Eastern Indonesia (6.2 recorded by US Geological Survey) on 2/16/10.

I'm curious how we should go about quake reporting, due to the mini quakes that occur often. Perhaps we post those of at least 6.0 magnitude, and those in areas that generally or historically do not have them??
I have been thinking about this also - I like the report 6.0 and above for now. When someone has the time to post a list of places with very little EQ activity - those locations can be added to the post and reported on.

Thanks for getting this going
El
Old 02-18-2010, 05:36 PM   #12
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

6.9 Quake today at China/North Korean Border
Old 02-19-2010, 05:16 PM   #13
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

I stumbled onto this from February 3, 2010. Sorry, if this has been posted before.

Undersea Volcano Erupts, May Form New Island
National Geographic

Erupting from an undersea volcano some 745 miles south of Tokyo, smoke and ash rise roughly 30 stories into the air in this image captured by a Japan Coast Guard helicopter on February 3, 2010.

The helicopter's mother ship, Yashima, was on a routine patrol when the ***utoku-Okanoba volcano exploded. There had been no warning that an eruption was imminent, according to Keiji Doi, senior coordinator for seismic information at the Japan Meteorological Agency.

"Coast Guard vessels and aircraft are now collecting data in the area," Doi said, adding that other ships have been warned to keep their distance. "It is very dangerous to approach the area as it is impossible to predict further eruptions."

Couple of nice photos on the story link.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...47_600x450.jpg
Old 02-19-2010, 10:39 PM   #14
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

I debated posting this, but the reason given in this report was that the boat "was flipped upside down in strong winds" and had "catastrophic problems" (whatever that means?). Most other outlets are reporting no known reason has been given yet as to what happened. At any rate, here it is.

Canadian ship sinks off Brazil
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Can...102/story.html
Old 02-21-2010, 10:26 AM   #15
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Unusually high temperatures in 12 cities in Bulgaria. The highest was 23.6 C in the north of the country. At the Black Sea area was 22 C and in the capital 19 C.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:28 AM   #16
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Killer rainstorms and deadly floods in Madeira...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8526679.stm
Old 02-22-2010, 09:04 PM   #17
gibonos
Avalon Senior Member

moscow experiencing biggest snowfalls since...
and now we're waiting for the floods

gibonos
gibonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:19 PM   #18
5thElement
Avalon Senior Member

Several recent quakes in and around Tonga- one 6.0.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquak...acific_eqs.php

El
Old 02-22-2010, 09:59 PM   #19
mgray
Avalon Senior Member

Here's a global earthquake site that is very good. I use it often to monitor activity.
http://www.iris.edu/seismon/
mgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:49 PM   #20
5thElement
Avalon Senior Member

SYDNEY – A massive iceberg struck Antarctica, dislodging another giant block of ice from a glacier, Australian and French scientists said Friday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100226/...ralia_icebergs

There are several theories going about what effect this will have on ocean currents, weather, sea level etc. They range from "no effect" to "major changes". Bottom line - at the moment no one knows

El
Old 02-26-2010, 08:52 PM   #21
5thElement
Avalon Senior Member

7.3 Japan (coastal)
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/

http://www.iris.edu/seismon/

Thank you Viking for the fyi

El
Old 02-26-2010, 09:19 PM   #22
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

Should we also be watching a difference in behavior of animals?

Quote:
A woman who had watched the whales perform before the incident said the trainers were having difficulties getting the whales to perform.

"They weren't following the instructions," Lori Miller said on "Larry King Live." "And the senior trainer actually came out onto the stage to let the crowd know ... that the whales decided they were having more fun splashing each other than splashing the crowd."...

Guest David Dalton told CNN affiliate WFTV, "All of a sudden, out of nowhere, two of the bigger whales just kind of flipped out, going as fast as they could in the water."
full story
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:33 PM   #23
5thElement
Avalon Senior Member

Big news day for earth changes This time it is drought:

Josefa Garcia Rojas walks through the eerily barren streets of Potosi, a small Venezuelan city where she lived most of her 84 years, amid the skeletons of trees and groups of curious onlookers. This is the first time she's stepped foot here since she and a thousand other residents were forced to flee their homes to make way for a hydroelectric dam being built to block the water of a river that ran through town. It's been 26 years since then, but due to an unprecedented drought in the region, Petosi has reemerged from the murky depths. While it may bring some nostalgic comfort to Josefa and others to see the town's old church once again--there's the creeping sense that all is not well.

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2010...or-decades.php

El
Old 02-26-2010, 09:40 PM   #24
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Shorz View Post
Should we also be watching a difference in behavior of animals?
Yes, animals have a strong sixth sense and it is widely known that they can anticipate danger and disaster, so if you see a horde of animals running away from what appears to be nothing, you should probably take the cue. Humans also have that sixth sense but unfortunately we're conditioned from a very young age to suppress those abilities.
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:52 AM   #25
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
GREAT FILAMENT: The Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) is tracking an enormous magnetic filament on the sun.

Sun Link
It Collapsed on the 24th...

Quote:
7.3 Quake Hits Japan February 27 2010

A very powerful 7.3 earthquake has struck Japan.

A tsunami warning was in effect for Japan after the massive earthquake that struck in the early morning hours of Saturday February 27 2010 local time.

The US Geological Survey, who monitor earthquakes world wide said the quake read an initial reading of 7.3 on the Richter scale.

Japan Quake
and that was followed by...

Quote:
A massive earthquake with an initial magnitude of 8.8 has struck central Chile.

Chile Quake
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote