Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 09-11-2008, 04:26 PM   #1
Norval
Banned

Cool Spirituality or Knowledge

Spirituality or Knowledge

Wiki statement on Spirituality
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirituality

Wiki statement on Knowledge
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knowledge

Personally, I think I am more knowledgeable than I am spiritual.

Maybe this should be a poll?

So, are you more spiritual, or would you say of yourself that you are more
knowledgeable?
Norval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:29 PM   #2
P4BL0
Banned

Wink Spirituality or Knowledge

Last edited by P4BL0; 10-26-2009 at 07:53 AM.
P4BL0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:37 PM   #3
Zelphael
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Spirituality or Knowledge

Unfortunately, I think I am more knowledgable than spiritual.

I am a typical occult scholar up in his ivory tower - I read and understand many things, yet have yet to leave my tower and walk The Path.

I hope to, when I find the right way, some how...
Zelphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:30 AM   #4
Cookie
Avalon Senior Member

IMO, a person can be knowledgeable in mundane matters and knowledgeable in spiritual matters... knowledge of mundane things is acquired by reading, the news..etc. Spiritual knowledge (Wisdom) is acquired by accessing your higher self, guides, and researching too. When spiritual knowledge resonates as a 'truth', it becomes Wisdom... I hope I'm making sense!

Anywho, I'd like to think that I have both..Knowledge of the mundane and Knowledge of Spirit! {8^o
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:15 AM   #5
shortyz504
Avalon Senior Member

It seems that one day will be an extreme day of "knowledge", in which my mind will not slow down and only wants to acquire new information.

Yet other days feels extremely "spiritual" and nothing pleases me more than sitting on the grass next to a pond or a river, smellings the aroma of flowers and trees, hearing all the bugs calling out to each other, feeling the warm sun around me.

Sometimes these days come so unexpectedly I feel guilty for I did nothing to deserve such experiences. Days like these are what balances the heavy load of having "Knowledge Seeking" days, for its not easy to seek solutions to problems that no one around you really cares to burdern themselves with.

In this moment, it would seem that I could be called a Knowledge Seeker, who at times forgets/remembers the Spiritual Journey. The wisdom to unite both aspect harmoniously seems to be a lesson coming up in my path.

Each day it becomes clearer that it does little good to possess knowledge if it cannot be used to serve others in a positive way. One challenge I face is overcoming personal fear of the Unknown, in order to communicate peacefully the worldly truths learned over this past year.

Maybe I am not alone in this crossroad of spiritual adventures, and if not let me hear some advice as to encourage some thoughts of Hope and Love.

Stay classy Project Avalon

Last edited by shortyz504; 09-12-2008 at 07:58 AM.
shortyz504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:31 AM   #6
Softy1107
Avalon Senior Member

im having trouble seeing this as two seperate things...
u gain knowledge from spirituality,
and u gain spirituality from knowledge... both are closely intertwined
but, i consider myself more spiritual,
so i best go quest for knowledge
Softy1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:38 AM   #7
HUMANCARGO
Avalon Senior Member

knowledge is the road, concoiusness is the place
HUMANCARGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:39 AM   #8
HUMANCARGO
Avalon Senior Member

as seen in a mirror
Old 09-12-2008, 07:40 AM   #9
HUMANCARGO
Avalon Senior Member

within a mirror.....forever
Old 09-12-2008, 07:40 AM   #10
HUMANCARGO
Avalon Senior Member

i know this
Old 09-12-2008, 07:41 AM   #11
HUMANCARGO
Avalon Senior Member

deep in my perception
Old 09-12-2008, 08:00 AM   #12
shortyz504
Avalon Senior Member

could you elaborate on your perceptions?

could say something to resonate with the vibrations of Light and Love?

it always feels good to share

Last edited by shortyz504; 09-12-2008 at 08:04 AM.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:38 AM   #13
AMA-GI
Avalon Senior Member

One is to cultivate the seven factors of enlightenment: mindfulness, investigation into phenomena, energy, bliss, tranquillity, concentration, and equanimity
AMA-GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:07 PM   #14
arcora
Banned

There are things people know and are knowledgable about which don't come from school or books. This knowledge comes from spirit. Spiritualism allows one to recognize and interpret this knowledge.

Perhaps the cosmic conciousness is more of a cosmic library.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:23 PM   #15
shortyz504
Avalon Senior Member

i seem to struggle with cultivating energy. there are a lot of days that i feel drained all day. any suggestions?
Old 09-12-2008, 03:34 PM   #16
arcora
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyz504 View Post
i seem to struggle with cultivating energy. there are a lot of days that i feel drained all day. any suggestions?
Energy isn't cultivated. It is readily available to you at all times and is infinite. You need only ask for it.

Simply intend for it to enter you and fill you. It helps to visualize it coming down from the cosmos and filling your body.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:59 PM   #17
NorCal Avenger

It's very beautiful to me how this forum is bringing people together.

it seems that the physical and the spiritual are separate, but it is not true. What we call spiritual reality is really our faculty to experience the layers of reality that permeate and underlie the physical.

our experiences in meditation of sound, light and vibration are also believed to be (in quantum physics) the stuff that matter is made of...but in spirituality, we realize what may be the deepest level (consciousness) which is animating even those things.

that's my 2 cents, paid in full.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:14 PM   #18
Norval
Banned

Well, it seemed like a good question at the time.

The more I learn the more I realize that I rely on my physical senses for knowledge.

Good responses, thank you for the input. Any other ideas about knowledge compared with spiritual understandings?
Old 09-12-2008, 10:29 PM   #19
OceanWinds

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyz504 View Post
Thank God for making you feel better, and full of energy. I do it all the time, and it has yet to fail. The only problem is that you have to remember to do it when your feeling down... lol. Learned this one from good ol Dr. Wayne Dyer. It used to take a couple hours to take effect, now it happens in about 30 minutes... dont know why though.

I find what happens to me is that I might do something that brings me out of the light, and then I get stuck there. And after I ask for energy and to feel good, I also release what ever I am clinging to... cause I find it just leads to another dark thought. Learned this one from good ol Ekhart.

But there are a million things you can do... I know a few of them, or atleast a few that work for me.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:15 AM   #20
shortyz504
Avalon Senior Member

It becomes apparent to me as each day passes that my spiritual journey has started to speed up, which requires more intention and more maturity. The process seems to be more challenging today than ever before, yet it does not scare me as much as I thought it would.

Everywhere the Universe keeps nudging me in a certain direction, while providing abundant advice along the way. Everything posted on this thread seems to really be relevant to my day to day struggles. Everyone's words of widsom prove to be very useful in the times I find myself.

I have to admit that there lingers in me a destructive/fearful thought pattern that seems to really be fighting for its survival, inside me. Almost as if I have ignored facing this certain characteristic my whole life, and now I have decided to face it once and for all. This seems to be troublesome archetype for everytime I fall under his "spell" I always end up in the darkness.

Maybe someone else has had or is having a similar experience. I would love nothing more than to leave this pattern behind, yet it has a very persistant presence and will not go away easily. So maybe some more tips and advise... since it all has been so useful up until now.

Thanks again to everyone who is helping this Fool along his path.

Stay classy Project Avalon!!!
Old 09-13-2008, 02:44 AM   #21
ThaFever

All that i'm seeing here is somehow linked.
Weird
Old 09-13-2008, 03:33 AM   #22
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: Spirituality or Knowledge

imo

Knowledge, helps me in this reality to project prophecies based on this realities laws and experience...

Spirituality is "my"/?"our"? total existence that is not limited to this reality.,
and imo we are only peeking through our 3rd eye to participate with our interface (body) in this reality.

I would dare to claim, whatever happens, get used to the thought that you will exist forever. Like it or not in the box..

You are free to claim to live in a fridge where the lights go out when the door closes.

Deep enough? ;-)
TranceAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 02:57 PM   #23
Norval
Banned

Deep? Well, I started this with my sandals on and now I am changing into my hip waders and thinking I may need my chest waders soon.

When it comes to "spirituality" most posts seem to be more of a philosophical nature. Not very many posts about knowledge showing up yet though.

An old quote I like about "knowledge" is by Will Rodgers 1938,
"It's not what you know, or don't know, but what you know that isn't so that will hurt you."
Old 09-13-2008, 03:22 PM   #24
Sky Otter

Hey Norval
and all

i have a question...
do you have to act on anything to be spiritual?
and is knowledge just a collection of things?
hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:
Old 09-13-2008, 03:23 PM   #25
TranceAm
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norval View Post
Deep? Well, I started this with my sandals on and now I am changing into my hip waders and thinking I may need my chest waders soon.
Hmm, noticing that you are on a boat you might even have that stuff available.. ;-)

Quote:
When it comes to "spirituality" most posts seem to be more of a philosophical nature. Not very many posts about knowledge showing up yet though.
It seems all knowledge is relative. And there aren't to many basis truths to build reality on.. (Hence my quote below.)
For example, if one combines the unit for Length, a Standarized Meter, how does this relate to an expanding universe? Is the Meter of 2 seconds ago, the same absolute length as the Meter that we experience or measure now? How could we measure that expansion, if everything expanded, even the "Meter" we consider as standard?

Quote:
An old quote I like about "knowledge" is by Will Rodgers 1938,
"It's not what you know, or don't know, but what you know that isn't so that will hurt you."
And true it is, but then again, What can really happen to us?
At most the third eye closes... And the atoms and molecules that our spirit held together, become dust in the wind and basis for other iife to build with.

The big question is, at what side of the 3rd eye is the observer?
Or where does the reader prefer to be? And based on what information/knowledge?

I threw a thought a while back in an IRC channel, that maybe sheds some light into this issue.

"Just a thought... Skip if you're not interested, but I do think that life is funny,
and how society bases everything on what happens on the outside of you, AND thus makes you concentrate on a "closed" box,
instead of what it is really about, the inside of you, that is limitless?
(And that you haven't thought about something yet, doesn't mean it ain't there or possible, correct?) "

Needless to say, there was no reflection from the void on the channel.
Maybe you have a thought there that adds or shows the inconsistency?
If so be welcome. I look forward to your thoughts to enhance mine and to learn..

Peace TranceAm

Last edited by TranceAm; 09-13-2008 at 03:27 PM.
TranceAm is offline   Reply With Quote