Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:56 PM   #126
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: To the founders of Avalon2: Think and feel!

i think the new avalon will be like it was when it started and people were fevourishly starting ground crews and meetings in their local areas. information seemed valid and the situation pressing. al the way through 09 nothing massive happened and the site opted for a subscription, this in my opinion os hwere it all fell apart.

i was in the flow of the forum and the mindset then it went to subscription and a lot of people stopped coming (me included). that broke a lot of people up and our ground crew basically fell apart after that. you cant change the playing feild halfway through. mel at veritas started witha subscription and its staying that way so you know whetre yo ustand. avalon was like a yoyo.

i hope AV2 will be more steady for the remaining time that we have electricity/free uncencored internet.
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #127
Ross H
Project Avalon Moderator

Quote:
i think the new avalon will be like it was when it started and people were fevourishly starting ground crews and meetings in their local areas. information seemed valid and the situation pressing. al the way through 09 nothing massive happened and the site opted for a subscription, this in my opinion os hwere it all fell apart.
Yes thats exactly when things changed.

AV2 will be excellent! back to how it used to be

Peace.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:13 PM   #128
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

It's good to see you mods on the threads again

Love from me
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:28 PM   #129
bushycat
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Shorz View Post
actually there with be a lot of stories put on the shelf to collect dust but for any thread that is important to you, it will be brought to life...
If I am not mistaken, one must be an AV2 member and request one of one's own threads to transfer. i.e. If Mudra was AV2 member she could request Sanctuary thread to be there. If I was member, I could not bring her thread there.

BC

Last edited by bushycat; 03-16-2010 at 09:39 PM.
bushycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:34 PM   #130
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

[

I am not SWITCHING to avalon 2...

I am staying put

LETS GET TOGETHER

LETS

GET

TOGETHER

TOGETHER AS ONE!!!

(this is going to cost me dearly....)
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:49 PM   #131
xbusymom
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterTerrestrial View Post
Yeah and they are running around the forum unchecked because they are snakes hiding in the grass!!! And have been causing problems all over the planet!!!
ya know, guys, really...

if this is the way you want to act... i dont wonder that they want to run away from YOU and your BRATTY behavior...

you say you want to be included in (and participate with) this group of enlightened, spiritually mature, like minded people... you are not acting mature, or enlightened, or anything like my mind...

...and you are certainly not acting like the kind of people that I want to associate with...

you complain about having too many rules... being treated like children that need parenting...

only you can change others impressions of you... grow up and start parenting yourselves... show that you can play nice and then others will want to be around you
xbusymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:58 PM   #132
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Avalon Senior Member

Everyone wants to be around JESTER dear busymotherX !

I think that perhaps you just got a little lost with your evaluation of Jester....

GOD BLESS YA
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:28 PM   #133
xbusymom
Avalon Senior Member

thats ok, I was just pointing out a different way of looking at things...

I realize the need of some people to HAVE to have an explanation... but to continue to demand that everyone stay and carry on with the debate (arguement) of "tell me" - especially when there have been explanations and reasons provided to them and insist that there be other changes for what has already been decided upon by the people in charge- is more than a little bit silly (childish and tantrumish)- IMO

for myself- I have been putting out fires (crises) non-stop for the last 25+ years in my personal life ... I just thought I had finally found a new family who doesn't want to keep lighting them, but wanted to start working on BUILDING UP things (in the world) and making them better...

I realize that not everybody is at the same level of maturity, or spiritual enlightenment, or whatever, but I thought at least this was a place where people came to learn to do better and GROW from the interactions of the community- not drag everyone down to their level ...
xbusymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:40 PM   #134
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbusymom View Post
thats ok, I was just pointing out a different way of looking at things...

I realize the need of some people to HAVE to have an explanation... but to continue to demand that everyone stay and carry on with the debate (arguement) of "tell me" - especially when there have been explanations and reasons provided to them and insist that there be other changes for what has already been decided upon by the people in charge- is more than a little bit silly (childish and tantrumish)- IMO

for myself- I have been putting out fires (crises) non-stop for the last 25+ years in my personal life ... I just thought I had finally found a new family who doesn't want to keep lighting them, but wanted to start working on BUILDING UP things (in the world) and making them better...

I realize that not everybody is at the same level of maturity, or spiritual enlightenment, or whatever, but I thought at least this was a place where people came to learn to do better and GROW from the interactions of the community- not drag everyone down to their level ...
Well thanks for sharing.

You sure have a lot to say about someone

So i wonder if you can tell me as much if not more about what you think of our wonderful spiritual island being over run with spies and trolls!!!

Or did you miss the point of all that tantrumishness

I also hope that we can clean this place up and get back to normal and maybe even evolve a little...get real advanced...but I am still not prepared to move ahead!!!

What do you think about that also?

peace JT!
JesterTerrestrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:32 PM   #135
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushycat View Post

If I am not mistaken, one must be an AV2 member and request one of one's own threads to transfer. i.e. If Mudra was AV2 member she could request Sanctuary thread to be there. If I was member, I could not bring her thread there.

BC
I understood it differently that if a topic came up and the original poster wasn't around it could still be brought back into the discussion...

Remember "all material posted on the site is the property or Project Avalon", so if it needs to be used in a discussion I don't think anything will stop the mods from moving it across for you...

You know I start very few threads and step into topics that interest me, when I see something new related to a topic I read I don't start something new I search for the original thread to add it to.
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:52 PM   #136
mkspllmn
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Agree Chris, a new thread-petition should be opened...Please, do it Chris, it is your proposal.
Dont forget about the "Mists of Avalon" forum. There is a lot of activity there.

http://mistsofavalon.invisionplus.ne...avalon&act=idx
mkspllmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:40 AM   #137
Oliver
Avalon Senior Member

Since all of us will must make a personal decision, here is mine.
I decided to be member to all 3 forums, where Avalonians are in the moment - Avalon2, The Mists of Avalon and this Avalon, till it is still alive.
I am giving a chance to Avalon 2 with clear heart, hopping there can be a new better start, but if I sense some behavior that made so much damage to the comunity - I will leave also with clear heart.
The Mists of Avalon is also part of us - we are the same people, with the same hearts.
Hopping that we shall find a way to fix and repair what is done, I wish you all to follow your hearts and to have your decisions as it is best for you.

Love and Respect
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #138
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I decided to be member to all 3 forums, where Avalonians are in the moment - Avalon2, The Mists of Avalon and this Avalon, till it is still alive.
I am giving a chance to Avalon 2 with clear heart, hopping there can be a new better start, but if I sense some behavior that made so much damage to the comunity - I will leave also with clear heart.
The Mists of Avalon is also part of us - we are the same people, with the same hearts.
Hopping that we shall find a way to fix and repair what is done, I wish you all to follow your hearts and to have your decisions as it is best for you.

Love and Respect
yes this is my choice too ,, its simply more choice...SIMPLE
rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:07 AM   #139
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:

Love and Respect
Good of you Oliver . Decisions made from Heart bring peace .

Love from me
mudra
Old 03-17-2010, 12:28 PM   #140
john-d
Avalon Senior Member

One thing about avalon 2 i dont understand ...... If its invite only , then how will people that are new to avalon be able to join?

John
john-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:23 PM   #141
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Somewhere Ross said they are going through the 6800 members and all will get an invite except troubler makers.
You have to be patient as this is a lot of members.
You may also request an invite .

I believe a thread made sticky by the mods will all the relevant infos regarding PA2 would be of great help.

Love Always
mudra

Quote:
Originally Posted by john-d View Post
One thing about avalon 2 i dont understand ...... If its invite only , then how will people that are new to avalon be able to join?

John
Old 03-17-2010, 02:59 PM   #142
manticore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineal-pilot-in merkabah View Post

i was in the flow of the forum and the mindset then it went to subscription and a lot of people stopped coming (me included). that broke a lot of people up and our ground crew basically fell apart after that. you cant change the playing feild halfway through. mel at veritas started witha subscription and its staying that way so you know whetre yo ustand. avalon was like a yoyo.

i hope AV2 will be more steady for the remaining time that we have electricity/free uncencored internet.
Hello Pineal,

Actually I did not start with a subscription. I started my forum (and the show) absolutely free, but time and resources became limited after 6 months. That's when I adopted the subscription model, and that's what has kept the project alive. And I thank you for being a member as well.

Best wishes,

Mel
manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:41 PM   #143
john-d
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
Somewhere Ross said they are going through the 6800 members and all will get an invite except troubler makers.
You have to be patient as this is a lot of members.
You may also request an invite .

I believe a thread made sticky by the mods will all the relevant infos regarding PA2 would be of great help.

Love Always
mudra
Hello mudra , no i didnt mean me , ive already been invited . I meant new people in the future who stumble across the avalon interviews etc and want to join ?

John
john-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:50 PM   #144
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by john-d View Post
Hello mudra , no i didnt mean me , ive already been invited . I meant new people in the future who stumble across the avalon interviews etc and want to join ?

John
Good question John-d.. good question indeed .
As I suggested there should be a sticky thread that answers all this .

Love from me
mudra
Old 03-17-2010, 05:58 PM   #145
Gemeos
Avalon Senior Member

I have posted this on the Nexus thread, and I will put it here too:

The End of a Cycle

Everything in life as a cycle. There's the cycle of life, there's the crop cycle, there's the 24H daily cycle, there's the solstice and the equinox cycle, History is made of cycles, etc.. and Avalon is no exception.
Avalon has reached the end of a cycle, and a new one is coming. It didn't start in the best way, as we, the members, the ones that keep the forum growing... we were left in the dark, leaving room to spreading rumors, that fed the unhappiness of the members. Not to mention the Abraxas novel...
Now the mod team is trying to calm people down and straighten things, but the wound is open, and things will take time to heal.

Some people are, by nature, against change when things are running well, (I'm one of them) and if not clearly explained how things will be, the "riot" is a certainty.

Some things were said about the new forum rules, but until we see how things will work out, we have to give some benefit of the doubt.

We are all precious to Avalon, and I believe the Mod team and the Administrators are aware of it. Without us, Avalon wouldn't be what it is today.

The cycle is ending. It was an excellent ride, and the memories of it are here. A new cycle is beginning... will it be a good one? We don't know, but we have to accept it.
Maybe we choose different paths, but the goal is the same. (or we wouldn't be here).

Remember, how could we be pretending on building communities, if we can't even respect each others in this virtual world? How would it be in the real world?

My 2cents!

Love and Respect to you all.
Gemeos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:11 PM   #146
Swanny
I dont need a label !

I am refraining from posting at pa2 for the moment as I am not happy with the way people are being treated. If I do post what I'm thinking they will be pi$sed off with me and will ban me
Grrr I hate rules

Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:32 PM   #147
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
I am refraining from posting at pa2 for the moment as I am not happy with the way people are being treated. If I do post what I'm thinking they will be pi$sed off with me and will ban me
Grrr I hate rules

So swanny.post it here..they will put you in the mists at the worst..or ban you from this forum...
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:33 PM   #148
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

I have a feeling it will backfire at them....
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:59 PM   #149
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

I logged into AV2 once, immediately didn't like the vibe, and haven't gone back, and I'm not sure if I will. My vote is to leave Avalon as is.

Invite only to a forum, I don't consider that a forum. That is a closed door club. Makes me think of a bunch of privileged men smoking their cigars in a private lounge discussing how they understand the world works and the rest of the world doesn't have a damn clue, and isn't going to find out because it's behind closed doors. Hmph.

My new Avalon is in Sedona. I think I'm just gonna head back over there and stay put It's not like I can get banned from scaling Bell Rock and enjoying a good ole meditation in the vortex. I'll leave the moderation up to the universe.
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:05 AM   #150
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

Swanny wrote:
Quote:
Grrr I hate rules
Wow, and there lays the problem. You should never feel afraid or concerned for speaking your mind. Especially on a forum promoting "unity" and new paradigms. That is simply unfair and unacceptable.

Ok, here I go...I have to bring this horse back up here, so I do apologize in advance.
The greatest concern that every single member should have is the true triggering of the chaos that unfolded here. Unfortunately, it was predominately due to Moderators argueing and calling each other out openly on the forum for all to see. Then when some of them mentioned agendas playing out behind the scenes...OUCH!!

There's nothing more damaging to the integrity of a business, operation, or forum for that matter than public dissension, hostility, and non-support from it's leaders. Period. Unfortunately, those members who had a human reaction to this behavior, information and accusations exploding in their faces, are the ones being penalyzed. People felt let down, and I've yet seen any apology from the Moderators for the obvious. It's as if we all are to move on and forget about it. That is what will cause the slightest thing that happens next to blow up, because we are not addressing the core issues and member concerns. Folks, I've managed people for 10+ years, trust me on the above statement. How things are being handled now, simply is not a conducive approach or resolve.

Wow!!
gscraig is offline   Reply With Quote