Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 03-05-2010, 02:41 AM   #26
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The shocking truth about public schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikine View Post
Haha sry but that made me laugh. Honor program. For sure i would never do that. And there are reasons for that you know. And it is not because students dont want to learn or work(like most people think) etc. Honor are too demanding for nothing. I know people in those kind of program and there are becoming crazy by all the stuff there is to do. I always had super grades at school and i always did my best but i assure you that school is too demanding. I think nobody can understand that if they havent been to one recently. I am in a normal program because Honor are too ''stressed''. I would have been able to get into one. But Honor program are just too loaded. It kills your brain. (in a manner of speaking llol). There are reasons for that.. i just name one.. anyway... I could go for hours so lets stop here
Kikine: thank you for your input. Since you are in the system at present, I feel your opinion is most important to share.

I am entering into the elder years (I think) and when I was in school, I was bored out of my mind. I always had questions that I asked, and was told to not question but to accept what I was told. When I raised my hand and said "but sir", I was sent to the corner to stand alone as punishment.

Today my opinion of schools and Universities is that they are extremely boring and designed to program the students to conform to the system at hand.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:45 AM   #27
Jonathon
Avalon Senior Member

Ahh LOL no problem Kikine. My basic point is that it takes a victim to make a crime.
Jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:46 AM   #28
Kikine
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
Kikine: thank you for your input. Since you are in the system at present, I feel your opinion is most important to share.

I am entering into the elder years (I think) and when I was in school, I was bored out of my mind. I always had questions that I asked, and was told to not question but to accept what I was told. When I raised my hand and said "but sir", I was sent to the corner to stand alone as punishment.

Today my opinion of schools and Universities is that they are extremely boring and designed to program the students to conform to the system at hand.
Haha funny that. It is still the same thing but you are not punished for asking questions. But they don t answer you. They say: Thats the formula because thats the way it is... i always dislike answers like that
Kikine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:52 AM   #29
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Haha funny that. It is still the same thing but you are not punished for asking questions. But they don t answer you. They say: Thats the formula because thats the way it is... i always dislike answers like that
Then keep on pushing for an answer, don't give up. At the very least, your insistence for an answer might give the teacher an opportunity to dig deeper, & think about what they are teaching. Engaging the teacher to also enquire within themselves makes for an interesting & thoughtful debate among all the students. Its inspiring & what learning should be all about. Throw away the rule book, step outside of the box, & inquire, debate, and ponder & share. Thats the beauty of learning.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:55 AM   #30
Kikine
Avalon Senior Member

Sorry but i cannot do that. Want to know why? I will not have great marks...My grades would be bad if I do that.. I tried but i won,t do that again.. it cost me 20%... lol That's the way it is. Sad heh?
Old 03-05-2010, 02:59 AM   #31
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Sorry but i cannot do that. Want to know why? I will not have great marks...My grades would be bad if I do that.. I tried but i won,t do that again.. it cost me 20%... lol That's the way it is. Sad heh?
Kikine: I had no idea that it is that bad. I'm sorry! What a waste of the students time & I guess the teachers too. Maybe the teachers are ordered to follow a certain style & nothing more. It is indeed sad & tragic. we really are at the end of times then. Thank you for sharing your experience in the school system.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:01 AM   #32
Kikine
Avalon Senior Member

I agree. It is sad that we cannot give our true opinion because we will have lesser marks. But! We can stiull learn elsewhere. For my part, i didn't learn much at school.. but here? A lOT!