Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 03-02-2009, 10:51 AM   #1
Tez
Retired Avalon Member

Post Gun amnesty in NSW Australia

Gun amnesty in NSW Australia

A letter has been sent out to all licenced gun owners in the state of NSW Australia, dated 27th February 2009, and which starts off.........

"Dear Licence Holder,

As you may be aware, in December 2008, the NSW Minister for Police, following representations from the Shooters Party, announced a three month firearms amnesty which will commence on 1 March 2009 and conclude 31 May 2009.

The amnesty will allow persons to surrender firearms (including imitations and replicas), firearm barrels, ammunition, magazines and silencers, with no questions asked."

There is more to the letter, addressed to current licence holders, that states what needs to be done in surrendering firearms, or alternatively registering them with the Firearms Registry.

Seems like another push is on to have all firearms in the community accounted for.

What i would like to know is, how are they going to get this same letter out to all those who are unregistered shooters or gunowners, and hold unlicenced arms...........
Tez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:09 AM   #2
AussieG
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Gun amnesty in NSW Australia

This appears to be the natural extention of the Port Arthur affair.
I still am not convinced that a person who walked into a gun shop two week before Port Arthur questioning why his gun did't work (because he had the wrong ammunition and magazine ) had the wepons skills to kill so many people who were panicing and to magnify the emotions effect selected Port Arthur to perpetrate the act. He could have walked into the Hobart Mall and inflicted much more carnage.

If this affair was the catalyst to disarm Australia. The question I am now asking myself is WHY and how long has it been in the planning?
AussieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:23 AM   #3
Anthony4acre
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Gun amnesty in NSW Australia

Well,
If this Nibiru star or planet will be viewable in space from Australia by the end of May of this year, I for one will purchase several guns & ammo for 2012

Anthony.
Anthony4acre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amnesty, firearms, gun