Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 10-20-2008, 04:12 AM   #26
undetected
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: CHRISTIANITY and avalon : a question from clark

Yeah, clarkkent, I have often the same feeling here.

It's weird. Christianity is the most aggressive and intolerant belief system on the planet, and since there are hundreds of factions of it, each claiming to be the only true one, it's obviously a pile of nonsense. Sure, based on "some" bits of truth, but if it's 10% truth and 90% nonsense, then what's the point of being a christian? You can keep the 10% of useful knowledge, and not "be christian" but rather just "be."

It is beyond me, why people who came to this forum, and therefore should be aware of the manipulative aspects of religions, as well of the realness of straight "blasphemous" things like ETs [at least blasphemous until the ****s of Vatican decided to change their view on the universe once again], can still be christian. Instead of just figuring out "I don't need this stuff anymore," they try to incorporate all this ET and whatnot stuff INTO christianity, thus creating christian faction #5648432. You know, like "I'm a christian, BUT I don't believe this or that." Ffs, don't be a christian then. It's ridiculous.

Every time I see someone quote the bible to support some christian views, I wanna throw up. The bible is so symbolic, metaphorical and unclear [and heavily censored], that you can use quotes from it to support ANY belief system, religious, philosophical, anthropological or whatever. You can find ANYTHING you want in the bible. You have people with dozens of alternative versions of history, and all of them support their theory with quotes from the bible. Bible is a joke. A bad one.

Why don't people just believe in simple "truths," not necessarily only "proven facts," but let's say "spiritual truths," without messing it all up with a religious agenda? How can people on this forum be catholic, when cathonacism is ruled by the illuminati jesuits? Really... weird.
undetected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:27 AM   #27
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by undetected View Post
yeah, clarkkent, i have often the same feeling here.

It's weird. Christianity is the most aggressive and intolerant belief system on the planet, and since there are hundreds of factions of it, each claiming to be the only true one, it's obviously a pile of nonsense. Sure, based on "some" bits of truth, but if it's 10% truth and 90% nonsense, then what's the point of being a christian? You can keep the 10% of useful knowledge, and not "be christian" but rather just "be."

it is beyond me, why people who came to this forum, and therefore should be aware of the manipulative aspects of religions, as well of the realness of straight "blasphemous" things like ets [at least blasphemous until the ****s of vatican decided to change their view on the universe once again], can still be christian. Instead of just figuring out "i don't need this stuff anymore," they try to incorporate all this et and whatnot stuff into christianity, thus creating christian faction #5648432. You know, like "i'm a christian, but i don't believe this or that." ffs, don't be a christian then. It's ridiculous.

Every time i see someone quote the bible to support some christian views, i wanna throw up. The bible is so symbolic, metaphorical and unclear [and heavily censored], that you can use quotes from it to support any belief system, religious, philosophical, anthropological or whatever. You can find anything you want in the bible. You have people with dozens of alternative versions of history, and all of them support their theory with quotes from the bible. Bible is a joke. A bad one.

Why don't people just believe in simple "truths," not necessarily only "proven facts," but let's say "spiritual truths," without messing it all up with a religious agenda? How can people on this forum be catholic, when cathonacism is ruled by the illuminati jesuits? Really... Weird.
amen to that!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:56 AM   #28
Luigis Mushroom
Avalon Senior Member

I believe that as long as people are coming up with their own ideas and not just being fundamentalist it's fine, and as long as people are learning and sharing instead of "pouring their light on us poor ignorant heathens"

I like a lot of Christian symbolism, personally though I'm a synchromystic and like things from the media that have relevance.
Luigis Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:55 AM   #29
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

my take

those who have been ostracized by religion will have a knee jerk reaction to it's symbols

those who ostracized religion will have a knee jerk reaction to it's symbols

peace
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:51 PM   #30
ctophil
Avalon Senior Member

Hi everyone,

Just to make this clear to everybody, I want to make a few statements. First, all religions are demonic, manmade, and corrupted someway or another. This includes Christianity (which is far worse because it's the most deceptive). Secondly, there is only one Elohim (one God). There is NO OTHER. Father Yahweh is the ONLY ONE who is the creator and life itself. His first begotten Son, Yahushua (known as Jesus in the Greek world and everybody else) is the Messiah. This is the one who is basically the enforcer of all of Yahweh's laws and commandments. That's why most people call him the Master and the Teacher. He is the perfect example of Yahweh's perfection and what Elohim wants all of us to do. Yahushua has the authority AND power of all Heaven and Earth. So, he deserves to be praised for his works on Earth and Heaven. He is the basically the enforcer of Yahweh's salvation and eternal life (not the puff of smoke in this physical life). But you MUST ONLY worship the Father. But always pray in Yahushua's name.

Yes, there are some truths to SOME religions. But like I said, they got it all wrong. Either you have it all right, or none at all. Thanks for listening.

For more info., check my other post: http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=5734

-Phillip
ctophil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:46 PM   #31
Luigis Mushroom
Avalon Senior Member

I'm sorry, but there are some lies in ALL religions so should we regard them all as completely false?

Truth comes from within, but the world around you, including its religions, can give you clues. The moment you take what someone says as truth, and not what your own heart says, you are falling prey.

All old masters said, in some form or another, to confirm their truths with their own hearts and minds before swallowing it.
Luigis Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:01 PM   #32
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

I worship and say prayer to no one. I am strong and can stand on my own. Until I meet the ultimate creator, the creator of the universe, the creator of all, I worship no one. And when I meet that creator I still will not kneel down in worship or prayer, I will simply say "nice job,well done"
Old 10-20-2008, 08:01 PM   #33
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member

One of my favorite religious songs

OPIATE by Tool

Choices always were a problem for you.
What you need is someone strong to guide you.
Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow,
what you need is someone strong to use you...
like me,
like me.

If you want to get your soul to heaven,
trust in me.
Don't judge or question.
You are broken now,
but faith can heal you.
Just do everything I tell you to do.
Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow.
Let me lay my holy hand upon you.

My God's will
becomes me.
When he speaks out,
he speaks through me.
He has needs
like I do.
We both want
to rape you.

Jesus Christ, why don't you come save my life.
Open my eyes and blind me with your light
and your lies.
Orion Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:34 AM   #34
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctophil View Post
Hi everyone,

Just to make this clear to everybody, I want to make a few statements. First, all religions are demonic, manmade, and corrupted someway or another. This includes Christianity (which is far worse because it's the most deceptive). Secondly, there is only one Elohim (one God). There is NO OTHER. Father Yahweh is the ONLY ONE who is the creator and life itself. His first begotten Son, Yahushua (known as Jesus in the Greek world and everybody else) is the Messiah. This is the one who is basically the enforcer of all of Yahweh's laws and commandments. That's why most people call him the Master and the Teacher. He is the perfect example of Yahweh's perfection and what Elohim wants all of us to do. Yahushua has the authority AND power of all Heaven and Earth. So, he deserves to be praised for his works on Earth and Heaven. He is the basically the enforcer of Yahweh's salvation and eternal life (not the puff of smoke in this physical life). But you MUST ONLY worship the Father. But always pray in Yahushua's name.

Yes, there are some truths to SOME religions. But like I said, they got it all wrong. Either you have it all right, or none at all. Thanks for listening.

For more info., check my other post: http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=5734

-Phillip
I am a little confused by your post...

isn't believing that Jesus is the living son of God, and that he is the Messiah and salvation of mankind, with all these laws and demands the very CORE of Christianity?

how can you claim to not be Christian?

not an attack, I would just like to see/hear some of the liturgy that pulls this neat trick off

peace

Last edited by Heretic; 10-21-2008 at 12:39 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:53 AM   #35
Elizabeth Powell
Avalon Senior Member

Why is it everytime the people who attack spiritual beliefs they never have any encouraging inspiring stories about how their values how made them better people or they never tell how their personal relationship with God (thru Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit) has changed their life like his has mine.

I would share with you but I don't dare cast pearls before swine.
Elizabeth Powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:57 AM   #36
ctophil
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
I am a little confused by your post...

isn't believing that Jesus is the living son of God, and that he is the Messiah and salvation of mankind, with all these laws and demands the very CORE of Christianity?

how can you claim to not be Christian?

not an attack, I would just like to see/hear some of the liturgy that pulls this neat trick off

peace
Hi,

To truly understand my post, you have to realize a few things about history. Before Christianity was even conceived of, there were very early believers (back then, they were called Netsarim--Hebrew for believers). And these early Netsarims were Yahushua, his disciples, and the ones who became followers right after Yahushua died and came back to life. Yahushua (the Son of Yahweh) was Hebrew, and he was from the Tribe of Judah. The word "Christian" did come up later on after Yahushua ascended to Heaven...during the times when the disciples were traveling around and teaching various churches (during the book of Acts). However, the word "Christian" was actually coined by a bunch of unbelievers who was trying to "poke fun" at believers of The Christ.

So, a lot of people started to adopt the word "Christian" to mean people who followed Christ. Remember that "Christ Jesus" is also a Greek name that was derived from Iesus. The name "Iesus" was actually first written in the original King James Bible (1611 and not the modern 1769 edition). In the 1769 King James, they changed "Iesus" to "Jesus." He was Hebrew, not Greek. Just remember that.

The modern day Christianity came from the Catholic Church. All the so-called denominations were actually an act of rebellion against the Catholic Church. That is why the early denomination was called Protestant (people who protest). Later, hundreds of more denominations were created from the Protestants.

So, as you can see, number one, Christian is a manmade name given to the true believers almost 2000 years ago. Number two, it's a Greek name derived from a Greek traditional name of Jesus. Yahushua was Hebrew and an Israelite (or a Jew if you want to get specific). Why would I want to be called Christian when 80% of the Catholic Church and Christian Churches teach pagan ideals (Christmas and Easter, for example)? Why would I want to be called Christian when it was invented by a bunch of pagans? The Christians took a little bit from the Netsarims (true believers and the original church that got started by Yahushua's disciples) and created their own religion. It's NOT the other way around. I hope that helps!

Note: That is why Christianity is such a deceptive religion. It's only partially correct.

-Phillip

Last edited by ctophil; 10-21-2008 at 01:05 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:03 AM   #37
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Hi,

To truly understand my post, you have to realize a few things about history. Before Christianity......

--SNIP--

... and created their own religion. It's NOT the other way around. I hope that helps!

Note: That is why Christianity is such a deceptive religion. It's only partially correct.

-Phillip
OK I am still confused,

again I am not attacking, I am just trying to resolve my confusion here. I have done extensive studies on religion in my past and I have never heard of this before.

I always thought a Christian is a person who adheres to Christianity, a monotheistic religion centered on the life and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth as presented in the New Testament and interpreted by Christians to have been prophesied in the Hebrew Bible/Old Testament.

The word "Christ" comes from Greek Χριστιανός (khristianos), from Χριστός (khristos) meaning "the anointed." In the (Greek) Septuagint version of the Hebrew Bible, khristos was used to translate the Hebrew מָשִׁיחַ (Mašíaḥ,) (messiah), meaning "[one who is] anointed."

Terms like Christology, Christendom, and Christian were benevolent terms tossed around often before the Church of Alexandria convened the first ecumenical council in Nicaea (scholars argue on Nicaea) in which they wrote their creed.

Do you have any links to show the early use of the word "Christian" as derogatory term as I am very interested, having done alot of study on it as I was once a fanatic and checked out many denominations including alot of protestant platforms as well as some hermital gnostic orders and Eastern Russian Orthodoxy (the purest of the orthodox churches concerning liturgy IMHO) as my favorites.

I am intrigued to know if you belong to an established religion that teaches this, or are you operating under your own interpretations? If your part of an established church I would really like to read up on it, if you could point me to some literature.

and finally what parts of Christianity do you consider incorrect?

peace

PS I hope I am not hijacking this thread as it is a little off topic so PM me plz if you want me to take it private.

Last edited by Heretic; 10-21-2008 at 02:14 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:01 PM   #38
arcora
Banned

@Heretic

I do not presume to speak for Philip - He does that fine by himself and may have an entirely different view than me.

The way I see it is that there are Christians who are religionists. They attend their church services, go to their Sunday schools and let other men teach them what to believe. These are the corrupted religions that sprung up around the Bible.

Then there are what you could call Christians who do not want to be labeled as Christians because they do not want to be identified with the corrupted man-made churches. These people are part of the church that Jesus referred to as "His church". They reach their understandings by reading the Bible and visiting the Kingdom of God which Jesus taught is within us all.

Last edited by arcora; 10-21-2008 at 12:04 PM.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:20 PM   #39
norman
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigis Mushroom View Post

Truth comes from within,

Who Says ? !

n.
norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:27 PM   #40
clarkkent
Avalon Senior Member

so i guess the answer is : there are a LOT of christians/former christians here.
havent heard from jews, hindu's,buddhists or muslims (nor are the lots of threads with references to their beliefs-only christians it seems, interesting)
clarkkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:13 PM   #41
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkkent View Post
so i guess the answer is : there are a LOT of christians/former christians here.
havent heard from jews, hindu's,buddhists or muslims (nor are the lots of threads with references to their beliefs-only christians it seems, interesting)
I would have to agree with you there Clark

most eastern religions are very compatible with the new ideologies coming to light in the last 30 years, even the alien viewpoint meshes well from the studies I have done, it is merely a translation of labels

in my eyes, this can also be done with Christianity too if you remove the concepts of original sin, Christ being the "only" way, and obedience out of fear

even when you take into account the composite character of Jesus concept, it is still an enlightening journey and I believe this is why that archetype has been used so much, even if there is some negative twists to it

I haven't seen alot of Jewish representation here either, but I figure a fundamentalist Jew would not be here in the first place, and I suspect the same about Islamism

I am still kinda shocked to see fundamentalist Christianity here and I would really like to read some positive ideas on how they mesh their beliefs with these conspiracy theories

great thread Clark, thanks for starting it

peace
Old 10-21-2008, 02:47 PM   #42
rosie
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Clark, thanks for the question.

I was not raised in a religious home. My mother was protestant, my father was raised catholic, and they both wanted their children to "choose" their own.

I considered myself an "atheist" while in my teens, but then I had to have
"one of those" awakenings when I was not expecting it, in my early 20's.

I awoke to the fact that we are all equal, there is no "difference" in us humans, no matter what religion we follow. I was to treat everyone, and everything on this planet, as I would like myself to be treated, with love and respect, compassion and tolerance.

I also gained the forsight that most of our "sciences" where off base, and that I was to take all in, weigh the thoughts, and store only what felt right.

I find no need to join any "religious" groups, as the giving starts within us,
and should not be done just in a church setting.

So I case you can say that I am a spiritually aware, from within.

love & peace
rosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:05 PM   #43
ctophil
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
OK I am still confused,

again I am not attacking, I am just trying to resolve my confusion here. I have done extensive studies on religion in my past and I have never heard of this before.

I always thought a Christian is a person who adheres to Christianity, a monotheistic religion centered on the life and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth as presented in the New Testament and interpreted by Christians to have been prophesied in the Hebrew Bible/Old Testament.

The word "Christ" comes from Greek Χριστιανός (khristianos), from Χριστός (khristos) meaning "the anointed." In the (Greek) Septuagint version of the Hebrew Bible, khristos was used to translate the Hebrew מָשִׁיחַ (Mašíaḥ,) (messiah), meaning "[one who is] anointed."

Terms like Christology, Christendom, and Christian were benevolent terms tossed around often before the Church of Alexandria convened the first ecumenical council in Nicaea (scholars argue on Nicaea) in which they wrote their creed.

Do you have any links to show the early use of the word "Christian" as derogatory term as I am very interested, having done alot of study on it as I was once a fanatic and checked out many denominations including alot of protestant platforms as well as some hermital gnostic orders and Eastern Russian Orthodoxy (the purest of the orthodox churches concerning liturgy IMHO) as my favorites.

I am intrigued to know if you belong to an established religion that teaches this, or are you operating under your own interpretations? If your part of an established church I would really like to read up on it, if you could point me to some literature.

and finally what parts of Christianity do you consider incorrect?

peace

PS I hope I am not hijacking this thread as it is a little off topic so PM me plz if you want me to take it private.
Hi Heretic,

You are correct with the information provided. Here are a few links about the term, "Christian."

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...christian.html

http://www.auburn.edu/~allenkc/openhse/christian.html

http://www.jesusfamilies.org/hot_topics/christian.htm

Notice that Yahushua never called his followers "Christian" in the scriptures. He called them "Disciples," "Brethen," and even "Friend." The term "Christian" was always used by unbelievers or as I call them, "Pagans."

Arcora was correct. I do not want to be labeled similar to the "Christian church" that follow pagan beliefs. Remember to separate yourself from all pagan worship and beliefs. Because if you claim to be a true believer, you MUST separate yourself and stay with the family of spiritual Israel (again, not the current corrupted, physical Israel). Here are some (there are many, many problems with the Christian church) terrible issues with the "Christians."

1. They observe pagan holidays and then call them "Christian" as though they are "holy" or something. Examples: Christmas, Easter, Valentine's Day, Thanksgiving Day, Halloween (yes, Christians follow this Pagan mess as well), ALL holidays are pagan. If you want to follow Yahweh properly, observe His Holy Days 7 times a year plus His weekly Sabbaths.

2. Holy Trinity - There is nothing "holy" about this doctrine. All trinities are of pagan origin. Do your research. The Holy Spirit is NOT a separate god or something. It's the Spirit of Yahweh. Father Yahweh is the ONLY ONE who begat a Son...his name is Yahushua who enforces the laws and commandments of our Father. Yes, Yahushua is our elder brother, master, high priest, and the sacrificial lamb. The Catholic Church worships a "Holy Trinity." Enough said.

3. Sunday Sabbath and Worship - Sunday is the first day of the week. The Sabbath is the 7th day of the week. Check your Gregorian Calendar. Notice that it is called SUN-Day. Pagans dating back all the way to Egypt and Rome worship the Sun god Baal. This was introduced by the Catholic Church. Notice the trend?

4. "Christians" worship and praise the cross. It's an image...read your ten commandments again. Again, the Catholic Church worships images all over the place. And yes, they also introduced wearing and sanctifying the cross.

5. Greek names - Ok, this is the big one. Why do "Christians" use greek names of the son, and just call our Father, "God" and "Lord" ALL the time? Do you realize how important His name is? Do you want to be called "The Busboy" all your life, instead of by your name? Did you know that "Lord" means "Baal?"

Well, there are MANY more doctrines that are just pagan in nature. I can go on for months.

I belong to NO religious group. I am an Israelite who was grafted unto the Olive Tree of Israel by Father Yahweh, for He chose me and I chose Him afterwards. I was then sent to Yahushua to be trained and mentored by the ONLY and GREATEST Master of Heaven and Earth. Through Yahushua's sacrifice, I am now the Son of Yahweh AND part of the Royal Priesthood from the Kingdom of Yahweh. I am from one of the twelve tribes of Israel and sealed with my Father's name on my forehead forever and forever. My hands do the works of Yahweh, my heart yields ALL love to Him, and my mind bears the set-apart Name of Yahweh to fulfill His will on Earth.

Finally, all interpretations of scripture during my studies are done by my Father's Spirit. The Bible is NOT for private interpretation.

-Phillip

Last edited by ctophil; 10-21-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:13 PM   #44
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk and honey View Post
It's a cliche for sure Clark Kent, but .... drum roll... 'don't throw the baby out with the bathwater'...Self- transcendence is the true message of Jesus. It's the only way outa here.
Very good thread. It's great to see so many smart, sincere people really examining their spiritual and religious beliefs in an atmosphere where there is no coercion and no preaching. Not much, anyway.

There are several main concepts that my thoughts about religion rest on:

1. Mankind has always had religion of some sort, therefore I conclude that it is a natural part of our makeup and something that we need.

2. The history of religion shows a continual reaching out by mankind for the Divine, but perhaps more importantly a continual reaching out for the hearts of man by the Divine Principle.

3. Established, organized religion always starts out full of rapturous enthusiasm and always degrades into politics, dogma and control.

I was a Quaker for many years, and I am now officially a Bahá'í although I no longer practice any formal religion. Each time I entered into a study of the spiritual base of a religion, in the end I was left wanting more than that Faith alone could offer. All religions contain deceptions and seek to contain the human potential, and are therefore false teachings. All religions are also true, because there it is that we find the deepest and most abiding comforts and revelations concerning our origins and potential, and the meaning of our existence, if we have the eyes to see, the ears to hear.

The questions I would ask my pastors have no answer. I would ask how it was that all mankind was doomed because of the action of one man, and how the answer to salvation could have been planted in the life of one obscure man. I would ask, if it's improper to take the Lord's name in vain, why can I say "God bless you" and not "God damn you?" In neither instance have we any control over what God does, so they are both in vain....right?

Oh yes, they loved me in church. I finally realized that those who take God's name are those who call themselves by that name, whatever they call God...be they Christians, Buddhists or whatever, if their character does not match the name, they do so in vain.

It is preposterous to believe that God can be held within a steeplehouse, or that he (she/they/it) is impressed by them in any way. It is equally mistaken to believe that because religion is corrupt it must be totally false. All religions hold truths that coincide with one another, and which are so radical they would completely alter the nature of human affairs, if only they were put into practice. This is why, as soon as a religion grows to the point that it becomes influential, it must be either eliminated or corrupted by politicians.

The most fundamental truth, taught by every religion, is known to us as the Golden Rule: treat other folks the way you hope they'd treat you.

Love people. Love God, whatever that word means to you. Love life. Don't worry about what you can't control. Use the gifts you have received for good. Be humble. That's the essence of religion, and there's no sense making it much more complicated than that.

Last edited by whitecrow; 10-21-2008 at 04:34 PM. Reason: elucidation
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:48 PM   #45
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member

Phillip- or ctophil

What about the old question, if Yahweh is your version of the almighty god, then did he create evil?

Opiate by Tool

what you need is someone strong to guide you..
like me, like me, like me, like me

trust in me .
Now don't you judge or question.
You are broken now ,
but faith can heal you.

My Gods will
becomes me.
When he speaks out,
he speaks through me.
He has needs
like I do.
We both want
to rape you.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:23 PM   #46
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctophil View Post
Hi Heretic,

You are correct with the information provided. Here are a few links about the term, "Christian."

---snip---

Finally, all interpretations of scripture during my studies are done by my Father's Spirit. The Bible is NOT for private interpretation.

-Phillip
aahhhh, ok noow I understand

My problem was that I have barely even glanced at the NIV Bible. When it came out I kinda rolled my eyes and said to myself "another one?" I compared the passages from the NIV to the KJV and i feel I have missed the boat on this, but it matters not. You have answered my question friend with links and something for me to take a deeper look into when the urge arises. That is exactly what I asked for.

I also agree with your fine points comparing modern Christianity with paganism and I am in total agreement. I am curious if you follow a combination of the Mosaic law with the laws of Abraham then? Kinda reminds me of the "World Wide Church of God" beliefs but there are a few others out there that do this as well.

Don't get me wrong, I am not Christian either, but I believe I am far removed from your version of not being Christian. Its all good as there are infinite paths to that which is infinite. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions so thoroughly.

good times

peace

PS - I got a really big kick out of the Ebonic Bible, I so wish I had bought when it came out because now I cant find it anywhere. Have been looking for a PDF of it for a long time.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:37 PM   #47
ctophil
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Morris View Post
Phillip- or ctophil

What about the old question, if Yahweh is your version of the almighty god, then did he create evil?

Opiate by Tool

what you need is someone strong to guide you..
like me, like me, like me, like me

trust in me .
Now don't you judge or question.
You are broken now ,
but faith can heal you.

My Gods will
becomes me.
When he speaks out,
he speaks through me.
He has needs
like I do.
We both want
to rape you.
Hi Orion Morris,

First of all, Yahweh is His true name. It's just that a lot of people don't know His name through corruption of traditions, Bibles, and so forth. "God" is a position of power. Similar to when you call Him the almighty One or in Hebrew El Shaddai.

Anyways to your question, NO, He did not create evil. In fact, evil is not even something you create. If you read the more corrupted Bibles (all Bibles are corrupted--some more than others, except for the original source, which hardly anybody has access to it), Isaiah 45:7 may sound like He created evil. But that verse only makes a comparison between light and darkness. You see, Yahweh is light and goodness. Evil is the lack of or the absence of Yahweh. The reason why this world is so "evil" and "corrupted" is because Elohim (the mighty one) is far from us spiritually (for those who do not seek him or lacks in faith). Evil is darkness. There is no light in it. There is nothing good about it. Because why? Because Yahweh is the primary source of goodness. When you do or think about something that are not good, you are doing evil. So what is good? Things that bring peace and love in the short and long term to people, the world, and the Kingdom of Heaven itself. There are many fundamentals of goodness most people don't grasp. And that is a whole different topic.

So why do we call Satan and his minions evil? Because they do the opposite of light, which is what? Yahweh Himself. Satan is darkness. Yahweh is light. If you are a follower of darkness, you are doing evil. Period.

Even further, Love is similar in our comparisons. Love is not something you grasp, touch, or feel; unless the result of love yields physical changes. Like evil, it's not something that was created. But if you perform evil deeds, then it will yield physical changes, which are bad consequences at this point. Yahweh is also love. Satan is evil. Not because Satan (Lucifer when he was an Angel) was created with evil in him. He morphed into the essence of evil after he started to stray away from Yahweh by rebellion. Remember again the absence of Yahweh is evil or darkness. Sin is part of evil, but not evil itself.

-Phillip
Old 10-21-2008, 05:50 PM   #48
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member

You make sense...

I kind of believe that what your referring to as Yahweh is a word that we use for the condenced center of energy... oneness.. god... love... any word will do....

I was also wondering if you believe in judgement...
like if I dont pray to god and I have premarital sex all the time am I going to hell?
Old 10-21-2008, 05:54 PM   #49
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Don't worry about it OrionM, there is no such place as hell.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:59 PM   #50
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member

haha...
pretty sure its in jail or prison

Tags
christianity, new age, religion