Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:02 AM   #1
no caste

Default U.S. Constitution is based on Iroquois Law of Great Peace

Has anyone heard of this before?

"Anthropologists and historians have written about the idea that the U.S. Constitution itself was based on the Iroquois Great Law of Peace, rather than the model of Greek democracy which is commonly taught and held to be true. Framers of the Constitution such as Franklin and Jefferson, as well as patriarchs such as Thomas Paine, had made a study of the Iroquois social system, which they regarded highly as a prototype for the kind of social order they were trying to invoke for their own burgeoning republic."
full article> http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/78575

John Boncore/ Splitting The Sky was recently interviewed by Bill Deagle (June-09). He also has this lawsuit going on: Sky vs. Bush.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:31 AM   #2
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: U.S. Constitution is based on Iroquois Law of Great Peace

That was a good read...thanks

Unfortunately he need financial backing to pull it off

Quote:
I am still in desperate need of financial help for my legal defense, and to help use my case to highlight the hypocrisy
and criminality of the Canadian government for allowing Bush into Canada, as well as to firmly establish the legal
defense of "civil resistance", the duty of citizens to act when our governments and their agents are derelict in their
duty. This will be very useful in the future to reign these criminals in.
Boy if I had the money I would support it...as I'm sure most here would
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:48 AM   #3
no caste

Default Re: U.S. Constitution is based on Iroquois Law of Great Peace

Hi Brook - I thought it was pretty interesting - never heard of it before. There's was talk lately in Canada about us all being a Metis nation, i.e. survival, exploration, cooperation {exploitation} is a part of this country's history. Newcomer and aboriginal stories just intertwine. (Thanksgiving Day!)

Then I bumped into the U.S. Constitution story too. If we can't send the money (me too, at present), maybe the light and rising sun prayers! (or whatever tickles yer fancy)

hope you're well - long time no see

Tags
civil resistance, constitution, iroquois, sky vs bush