Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:55 AM   #1
enemyofNWO
Avalon Senior Member

Default Link between religious fanatics and crime found

According to a new study published in the “Journal of Religion and Society,” a high level of religious belief leads to more crime and other undesirable social problems. The video is available here

http://www.sott.net/

That's what I always thought . From my boyhood I know , from the experience of growing up in Italy , that Christianity and hypocrisy go hand in hand .
enemyofNWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Link between religious fanatics and crime found

Where convicted criminals are concerned, it never cesses to amaze me how many cons get religion. Especially when testifying to the parole board.

I doubt my statement above is applicable to the research....just an observation.
SteveX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:03 PM   #3
enemyofNWO
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveX View Post
Where convicted criminals are concerned, it never cesses to amaze me how many cons get religion. Especially when testifying to the parole board.

I doubt my statement above is applicable to the research....just an observation.

I Loved your video . Thanks Steve .
Old 02-25-2010, 03:11 PM   #4
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Yes, many or most religions can be a cause of fanaticism, but I think that the crimes of humanity here are due to people who will likely find any reason to do those crimes anyway. I think the root cause here is actually a genetic error or something in our primal nature that causes us to act this way, religion just happens to be the perfect excuse.
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:28 PM   #5
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

Talking Re: Link between religious fanatics and crime found

Most high level officials have learn to use religion as a political tool to commit horrendous acts so it is not surprising that others have learn from their example.
This is a sad reality but one that has been a part of human history since the very beginning of our existence. I would however like to mention that there's many good people found within many religions within the Catholic faith I can mention, Mother Theresa, Francis of Assisi the list is endless. Unfortunately those that are there to manipulate good people are there also , if a political figure says he's a catholic, those that share the same denomination would tend to vote for him because they feel they are better represented by this person.
Religion is a powerful political weapon in the hands of those who want to control and manipulate this world. for their own selfish purpose.
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:36 PM   #6
enemyofNWO
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorion View Post
Yes, many or most religions can be a cause of fanaticism, but I think that the crimes of humanity here are due to people who will likely find any reason to do those crimes anyway. I think the root cause here is actually a genetic error or something in our primal nature that causes us to act this way, religion just happens to be the perfect excuse.

It is entirely possible that there is a gene that predisposes people to religions . Some people might be affected more than others and that's why
we have two extremes of behavior that manifest itself with the religious fanatics and the opposite anti religious . The fact that certain religions " forgive " their believers when they confess the misbehavior or perform an act of charity could be one of the major causes of criminality .
Old 02-25-2010, 03:40 PM   #7
Spiralmind
Avalon Senior Member

Ok, for the record, I am NOT a christian, nor do I have any desire to be one.

BUT

A word of caution here: This "study" could be the beginning rumblings of a witch hunt scenario against those who are of the christian faith.

I do not condone the hate of anyone for their faith.

Spiralmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:27 PM   #8
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiralmind View Post
A word of caution here: This "study" could be the beginning rumblings of a witch hunt scenario against those who are of the christian faith.
Not only of the christian faith, but those of other religions as well.

The thing is its very hard to deny that fanaticism of all fundamental belief systems exists, because it does, and these are valid points, but like I said, my belief is that the root cause of crime and criminal behavior goes much deeper than religion. Remember, who uses religion as a tool? that's right, Government! so many of the problems can be attributed to the system itself.
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:20 PM   #9
lisa
Avalon Senior Member

I am very concerned that people with blind faith will fall for the "antichrist" or dark forces (mistaking them for their savior or "God").

Even Mother Teresa (who is so loving and compassionate that she spend her whole life helping poor and sick people) shows a healthy level of skepticism about God: http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...655415,00.html
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:42 AM   #10
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Regardless of the validity of the research...perhaps a good general rule would be to think things through from as many angles as possible...so as to believe intelligently and act responsibly. I have been rather irreverent and heretical here in Avalon...yet I desire a very high level of ethics and spirituality. This is one reason I call myself orthodoxymoron. Argue with the vioices in your head...regardless of whether you think they're good or evil. Blind obedience to the voices in your head can be disastrous. This, of course, assumes that you do have voices in your head! Never just follow orders! I think that atheists and agnostics are closer to the true Kingdom of God than most 'believers'. They just need to take the next step...and that's not necessarily into a church...or into a $2,000.00 transformational weekend...or whatever those types of events cost.

Namaste Constitutional Responsible Freedom

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 02-26-2010 at 12:49 AM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:38 AM   #11
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiralmind View Post
Ok, for the record, I am NOT a christian, nor do I have any desire to be one.

BUT

I do not condone the hate of anyone for their faith.

I think it is more about differentiating between true religion and fanatical fundamentalism wherein one no longer personalizes the spiritual relationship, or is led by some imposter ruling entity who can be quite nasty.

The best years of my Christian experience where BEFORE I joined a church group :-)
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:55 AM   #12
Nebula9D
Avalon Senior Member

Interesting to know this, however can't help but wonder, before all religion, was there any crime?
Nebula9D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:33 AM   #13
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

I think that at some point in early history our awareness of other groups outside of our own group affiliations was that they were not really "human", thus they could more easily be knocked off. Maybe they were right for those times.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:11 AM   #14
truth and integrity
Avalon Senior Member

Religion has always been used to control society. I worked in ancient Egypt and it works today. But a name of the game is to divide and conquer and religion has played its role very well. They manipulate us to fight against each other. So, atheists fight against Christians, Christians against Muslims, Catholics against non Catholics, even within New Age Movement people fight against each other. As long as we stay divided, they are laughing at us, as they have a total control.
truth and integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:55 AM   #15
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

AWARE was and is the actual common denominator, if I had to put it into one word.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:55 AM   #16
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Does anyone know anything about "The Golden Scripts" ?