Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 09-19-2008, 01:06 PM   #51
motov
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: How can We take the Bible seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfth13 View Post
I watched this video on youtube from Michael Tsarion which gives a different outlook on who is behind religion and humanities evils

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AhbG...eature=related

it's in 13 parts abot 8-10 min. each it's another point of view to think about
i have been into mtsar for some time, read all his work, seen all his videos, and lecture... now, i wouldnt touch his work with a ten fot pole..lol

he is not that good of an researcher as he thinks or would like you to think he is, hes "facts" are so filed with things he have made up that its more confusing then enlighten, like putting bible text together that dont belong together and telling us that its an clue... i use to buy alot, but not anymore... i dont get blinded by incredible storys that dont have leads....

Last edited by motov; 09-19-2008 at 01:14 PM.
motov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:20 PM   #52
arcora
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfth13 View Post
I watched this video on youtube from Michael Tsarion which gives a different outlook on who is behind religion and humanities evils

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AhbG...eature=related

it's in 13 parts abot 8-10 min. each it's another point of view to think about
Here we go again. Confusing the message with the messenger.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:26 PM   #53
Gordo

hmm... a few of my thoughts on the matter:

1) First, a note to ForsakenFalcon - please don't take offense, but your comments would be taken more seriously if properly presented. You can start by using proper English (your spelling is atrocious). In addition to clearly presenting your view, I suggest that you take care to demonstrate a healthy respect for other opinions. I do want to point out that I believe your question is a worthy one if it's asked with a genuine and open desire to seek answers (which you seem to indicate); it opens the door to a conversation.

2) A critique is more substantial when supported with primary source documents; reference your source.

3) Regarding the existence of God, James writes, "You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe - and shudder!" (James 2:19).

4) The Bible claims that it is from God. For example, in II Samuel 23:2 David, author of many Psalms, stated that what he wrote came from God. Jeremiah declared the same thing (Jeremiah 1:4), as did the Apostle Paul (I Thessalonians 2:13). Peter says Paul's writings are "scripture" (II Peter 3:16). Jesus Himself makes many statements about the Bible's trustworthy character (Luke 16:17, 24:44, John 17:17). Notably, Jesus routinely considered all Old Testament stories to be trustworthy accounts (Luke 11:51, 17:26-33).

5) Paul, in his first letter to the Corinthians, wrote about wisdom from the spirit (I Corinthians 2:6-16). I will quote a section of the passage to convey the essence of the message, but I strongly recommend reading the passage in its entirety: "Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God. And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual. The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned."
Old 09-19-2008, 03:40 PM   #54
Norval
Banned

» Project Avalon Forum » Project Avalon » Off-Topic
» How can We take the Bible seriously? by ForsakenFalcon

As a part of Project Avalon's Ground Crew building, this forum has afforded those of us that have made the bible / ET / UFO connection to come together and discuss a topic that has been shunned and disrupted in most other forums. This posting was made in the "Avalon off topic" area of the forum. It should probably be in the "Camelot Conspiracies" area of the forum. The primary goal of my posting is to show to others that they are not alone in trusting what the bible is really all about, and that, is the ET / UFO connection.

Yes, one of the greatest Conspiracies is keeping the bible/UFO/ET connection secret.

Oooooopppssss The rest of the story only gets better.

Those of us that "know" these things also know that there are those "that will never understand, even if you explain it to them in detail."

For those that have made the connection, also know, we tried.

So I don't "frustrate you to tears" bostonirish22, I mention this,
"It's not what you know, or don't know, but what you know that isn't so that will hurt you." Will Rogers, 1938
Ask those that told you these things, to show you these things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonirish22 View Post
i had a nice long talk with my best friend and my dad the other day, about the bible and the differences between the catholic one and some of the protestant ones. and i know that there are versions they use that do not include parts of the old testament. so stop shutting down what i know to be fact before you frustrate me to tears. yeah, the ones you read may have been "whole," but all i'm TRYING to say is that there are some that aren't.
Norval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:41 PM   #55
ForsakenFalcon
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=Gordo;20330]hmm... a few of my thoughts on the matter:

1) First, a note to ForsakenFalcon - please don't take offense, but your comments would be taken more seriously if properly presented. You can start by using proper English (your spelling is atrocious). In addition to clearly presenting your view, I suggest that you take care to demonstrate a healthy respect for other opinions. I do want to point out that I believe your question is a worthy one if it's asked with a genuine and open desire to seek answers (which you seem to indicate); it opens the door to a conversation.
[QUOTE]

No offence taken, first of all about the spelling and grammer well not everyone here is "educated" so I do genuiely have dislexcia, secondly I do respect every one's opion and aspects of the whole thing I guess You could say I'm just very direct in what I ask, 3rd while I am seeking ALOT of awnser's I think We as a whole place to much emphasise on this book when there is gotta be a ton of thing's out there that tell us the real fact's and as for majority of the positive messige's it has while there honorable and all it's still just in the long run basic common scence and decientcie.
ForsakenFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:00 PM   #56
doodah
Avalon Senior Member

Personal opinion: Take the words of Jesus seriously and throw the rest away ... it just confuses people and diverts from the teaching. Or keep the rest as a history. If people really followed the words of Jesus, that's a master teaching. We would all be so empowererd that this world would really be a paradise. He said: "All that I can do, you can do, and more," but nobody believes him. We could all be healers, we could all have plenty of food. But nobody believes him.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:58 PM   #57
Gilgamesh
Avalon Senior Member

The Bible is the Word of God

Come on you guys! God has other things to do beside inspiring some obtuse writings. What about the Quran, the Rig Veda, the Upanisad? As far has inspired books go, I'll take the "Law of One"
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:44 PM   #58
sfth13
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
Here we go again. Confusing the message with the messenger.
I'm not confusing anything, I was just stating that this guy had a differnet point of view. I wasn't saying that it was true. the fact of the matter is none of us knows what the truth is and won't until we either drop dead or have everything reveiled to us . all these points of view are just opions.
sfth13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:44 AM   #59
atama
Avalon Senior Member

Talking Re: How can We take the Bible seriously?

you ever been smacked over the back of the head by an angry priest holding the king james ? you'll take that pretty seriously.
atama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:40 AM   #60
Sahara
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: How can We take the Bible seriously?

Hi,
I also am new to this form. How can you take the Bible seriously? Well, That is quite a personal question....What I mean is that the Bible is a road map to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ , God's son.
God created the world and all that is in or around the world. God created you! God had Angels, his Arch Angel Lucifer was Beautiful! Was as close to Perfect as he rose in God's aproval. Lucifer became God's number one Angel. God let Lucifer have the Highest position a Angel cold have. Well, it went to Lucifer's Head! He started beliving he was as powerful and as Wonderful as God, He was so convensing he had 1/3 of all the Angels in Heaven beliving Lucifer was as powerful as God. God saw Lucifer's heart,God saw wickedness, & vanity. So God tossed Lucifer and the Angels that were belivers of Lucifer (that was 1/3 of all the Angels in Heaven) God tossed them into Hell. Doing so, God told Lucifer that because of his vanity and his lies (Lucifer had told the Angels in Heaven he was as equal to God) God told Lucifer; I created you, I made you the most Beautiful Angel of all ... the "Arch Angel", I let you run my kindom for me. I gave you the power you had, I loved you and trusted you. You have sinned, for you know what you did was wrong, and you talked 1/3 of all my angels into beleving in you! I will cast you and your follwers into a pit of fire, misery, doom for etrinty! I will also make you the Uglist, Most Hdeous beast ever!So God did what He said he would and he renamed Lucifer, Satan.
God still loved the 2/3 Angels in Heaven that did not rebell. However, God was lonely. God could talk to the Angels ... But they did not understand having a relationship with God, or even a conversation with God...Because they were created to care for God, to do as God told them to do.
God wanted to create man with the free will to choice to respect God and Love God. So he created man in his own image. That also ment giving man the ability to make decisions that might not be Gods will. God gave man a beautiful land to live in. God loved Man (AKA Adam)just as much as we love our own children. God enjoyed spending time talking to man and watching man see things God had Made, much like a father enjoys seeing his son master something for the first time, like riding his bike for the first time. God gave man pretty much freedom to do what man wanted to do. God made a restriction for man. You can eat all the fruit you want, however, You May Not Eat from the tree of knowelge. So man did pretty much as he wanted, keeping in mind Not to eat the fruit of the tree of knowelege.
Man was allowed to name named all the animals. Man noticed all the animals had Mates. All but Man. Man did not have a mate. He asked God for a mate. God Put Man into a deep sleep and used one of mans ribs to create a mate for Man. (AKA EVE, also known as Woman) Adam was very Pleased! God let Man and Woman have pretty much all the freedom they wanted. The only restriction was not to eat the fruit of the tree of knowelege. For awhile they were fine with not going near the forbidden tree.
Then Satan started visting them. Just simple talk at first. Then Satan suddley turnned the conversation towards the tree of knowelege. At first Man and Woman were afraid to even talk about the tree. However, over time and conversation with Satan they grew more comfortable with talking about the tree of knowlege.... then they grew comfortable with standing nextto the tree. And we all know that Satan helped them feel so comfortable that he started talking about why they could not eat the fruit of knowelege. Satan told Man and Woman; God does not want you to eat from the tree of knowelege because God knows you will be like Him, You will know as much as he knows. Over a period of time Man and Woman grew comfotable with the idea of being like God. So one day Satan encouraged them to eat from the tree of knowlege, this time Woman ate the fruit and than gave it to man who also ate the fruit. Suddenly they knew they were naked, they ran and covered themselves with leaves. God was walking in the garden he created for man and spent allot of time with man and woman visting in the garden. However, this time when God called out for Man and Woman to come and vist they hid form him. God found Man and asked did you not hear me call you? about thst time Woman walked up to man and God. Man said yes we heard you but we were necked and did not want you to see us that way. God than asked man; Who told you that you were necked? Man, did you eat from the tree of knowelge? You did did'nt you?
Man replyed, Woman ate the fruit and than gave me the fruit to eat.
Well, Man and woman had disobade God, they had sinned against God. So God sent them out of the Garden. God told man since you disobaded my word, I will let you live however you with have to work very hard to make a living for you and Woman. God turned to Woman and told her; for you sin Woman, I will give you children...however childbirthing will be very hard and painful to go through. So, God sent them out of the Garden.
That stopped the relationship directly between God and Man. Man and Woman both had put SIN in between God and themselves indoing so, they coldnot have the personal relationship with God they once enjoyed.
When we put sin into our lives it is put between God and urselves..... So we cannot come to God and have a relatioship with God. For we have let Sin get in between God and ourselves.
Back in the days before Jesus ministerd to us. In order to have our sins taken away, and be pleasing to God. Man had to pick their best Animal or their best crop, take it to the Prest God had choisen,to have it sacreficed for Atonment for thir sins.
God loves us so much that he sent his only son down to be born and to be sacerficed and the final atonmnt for our sins.
Satan tried everything to get Jesus (God's Only Son) to bow down and worship him. However, Jesus loved his father and his father's Creation (Man and woman) so much that he was willing to be the final sacrefice for our sins, for each Man and Womans sins! By Jesus dieing on the cross, we can now have a relationship with God, through God's Son Jesus. Jesus is the one we go through. Jesus was given the power to forgive us for our sins. Jesus Loves us and wants to have that personal relationship with us!
That is why I said about taking the Bible sirreouly is a personal thing....Becauce the Bible is a tool to that relationship with Jesus and his Father, God. The more you read the Bible the More you will see that Jesus does stand at the door of our hearts and knock asking to be let in. Asking us to trust and belive in him. Jesus said about the people who were not born durning the time Jesus walked this Earth; Blessed is though who saw and Belived, Blessed are those who have not seen yet, still belive! That is what we call faith!
I am sorry this is so long! I really wanted to show you who the Bible was written about, and what happend.
God Bless You, Step out on Faith and give Jesus your heart ...I Promise You will Not Regreat giving your heart to Jesus!
In Jesus Name,
Sahara

Last edited by Sahara; 09-20-2008 at 07:59 AM. Reason: I tried spell check however I guess it didnt work , as you can tell my spelling is pretty bad, i have dyslexia and depend on spell ck. I hope the message is heard/ not my bad spelling!
Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:56 AM   #61
Gale
Banned

Thumbs up Re: How can We take the Bible seriously?

A very good reason to take the Bible seriously.

Humans because of our present level of technology can answer questions that have plagued scholars for millennium. Questions asked of Ezra about three millennium ago can now be answered. Questions asked of him such as, "Go, weigh for me the weight of fire, or measure for me a blast of wind, or call back for me the day that is past … or show me the picture of a voice … if you solve one of them for me, then I will show you the way you desire to see … You cannot understand the things with which you have grown up; how then can your mind comprehend the way of the Most High?"

Since we can now answer these questions and we can now comprehend, there is a responsibility that accompanies this comprehension. That also makes us responsible for being able to understand the message.

Of course we can answer these very technical questions today!

Fire by BTU's. Wind by anemometer.

Voice modulation wave. Like a .wav file.

Recall a day, would you want that on DVD, or VHS?

The Latin Vulgate, Great Bible (1539), Douay Bible (1609-1610), Moscow Patriarchate (1956), Geneva Bible (1560), Bishops Bible (1568), King James Version (1611), Revised Standard Version (1957) and the New Revised Standard Version (1989) all contain those questions posed to Ezra.

An excerpt from the Preface of Edgar J. Goodspeed, The Apocrypha, An American Translation, published October 1938 and The Complete Bible, An American Translation, October 1939, which may explain why some people have not heard of The Second Book of Esdras, but are well advised to obtain a copy and start studying.

Quote:
The Apocrypha formed an integral part of the King James Version of 1611, as they had of all the preceding English versions from their beginning in 1382. But they are seldom printed as part of it any longer, still more seldom as part of the English Revised Version, and never at all in the American Standard Bible.

This is partly because the Puritans disapproved of them; they had already begun to drop them from printings of their Geneva Bible by 1600, and began to demand copies of the King James Version omitting them, as early as 1629. And it is partly because we moderns discredit them because they did not form part of the Hebrew Bible and most of them have never been found in any Hebrew forms at all.

But they were part of the Bible of the early church, for it used the Greek version of the Jewish Bible, which we call the Septuagint, and these books were all in that version. They passed from it into Latin and the great Latin Bible edited by St. Jerome about A.D. 400, the Vulgate, which became the Authorized Bible of western Europe and England and remained so for a thousand years. But Jerome found that they were not in the Hebrew Bible, and so he called them the Apocrypha, the hidden or secret books.

It must not be supposed, however, that Jerome gathered them into a group and put them at the end of his Old Testament version. On the contrary, they are scattered here and there through the Vulgate, much as they are through the Greek Bible. They are also scattered through the versions made from the Vulgate – the Wyclif – Purvey English translations and the old German Bible, both products of the fourteenth century. It remained for Luther to take the hint Jerome had dropped eleven hundred years before, and to separate them in his German Bible of 1534 from the rest of the Old Testament, and put them after it. This course was followed the next year by Coverdale, in the first printed English Bible, of 1535; and the English Authorized Bibles, the Great Bible, the Bishops’ and the King James, all followed the same course. The Catholic English Old Testament of 1610, however, followed the Vulgate arrangement and left them scattered among the books which we include in our Old Testament. It still contains them, but on the Protestant side both British and American Bible societies more than a hundred years ago (1827) took a definite stand against their publication, and they have since almost disappeared.
Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:37 AM   #62
ForsakenFalcon
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Sahara.
You say Lucifer was cast prior to the exsistence of humans.
alot of othere sources depick He was cast out "After" Adam was surposeable created because He was jealous of our free will and such.
ForsakenFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote