Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 10-21-2008, 04:49 PM   #1
dragondweller
Avalon Senior Member

Default Gold Eagle bullion coin exempt under Patriot Act

George Green mentioned in his Sept. 23rd interview that the Gold Eagle was exempt under the Patriot Act. Anyone know what he meant by that? Exempt from what? Confiscation? Anyone have any idea? Thanks.
dragondweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:34 AM   #2
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Gold Eagle bullion coin exempt under Patriot Act

http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1196605589.php

Quote:
Recently posted in the Federal Register on the internet were regulations listed under the caption of The Patriot Act . . . . At the end of 17 pages you will find legal definitions for “bullion coins” and “rare numismatic coins.” Strange how the definition of these forms of gold would show up under 17 pages of regulations pursuant to the Patriot Act having to do with identification of persons boarding and de-boarding aircraft and a multitude of other topics. Once you analyze the situation, it becomes obvious that these regulations were published in this manner, so as to keep the information from the general public and avoid suspicions of confiscation and the resulting objections.
Quote:
In addition, the U.S. Mint, the seller of extremely popular American Eagle series of coins has, as of October 15, at least, terminated all sales of American Eagle gold coins. By the time you read this, they may have changed their minds again, which, of course, can be reversed after a brief period. Their mint dealer network may or may not still have the American Eagle series coins in stock, but sooner or later, their stocks will run out and there will be no more gold available in this form.
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:04 AM   #3
Northern Boy
Avalon Senior Member

In 1938 I think it was all Americans were ordered to turn in all their gold to the government . i see everyone buying gold and in fact they could very well order it to be turned in again if they wish to so gold is not as safe as people think I have none so it won`t affect me
Northern Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:12 AM   #4
Rocky_Shorz
Avalon Senior Member

How many banks in America have Gold vaults?

Does that mean the Government will pull up with the trucks and empty them out?
Rocky_Shorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:49 AM   #5
Evolution22
Avalon Senior Member

what about silver? I have 20 ounces of American Eagle coins
Evolution22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:02 PM   #6
PTTurboe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Boy View Post
In 1938 I think it was all Americans were ordered to turn in all their gold to the government . i see everyone buying gold and in fact they could very well order it to be turned in again if they wish to so gold is not as safe as people think I have none so it won`t affect me
It was 1933/34 and you had to turn them in or face a $10,000 fine and/or 10 YEARS in prison....