Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 02-23-2010, 04:15 AM   #1
xbusymom
Avalon Senior Member

Default healthy groceries or dis-info?

I heard on a radio ad today that Roberts Dairy has "absolutely no growth hormones" in its products...

and I just checked the milk label for Wal-Mart's (Great Value) 2% milk... it states "Our farmers have pledged not to treat any of their cows with any artificial growth hormones. According to the FDA, no significant difference has been shown between milk derived from rBST treated and non-rBST treated cows."

... maybe I am just being paranoid, but I suddenly had the alarm go off in the back of my head, and had the thought (received a message?) that while that statement may be true, it doesn't mean that they won't dump the hormones into the milk at the factory-after the cows have been milked...
xbusymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:44 PM   #2
dddanieljjjamesss
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: healthy groceries or dis-info?

Garelick farms up here in New England has about the same message!

On the front it says "No rGBH or rBST*"

and then on the back, under teh asterisk

*No significant difference between milk from cows treated with rGBH and rBST and normal

Now what the hell is that about? "Well, we have to oblige customers by taking out the hormones... but we can still try to propagandize the other milk!"
dddanieljjjamesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:18 PM   #3
conkroach
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: healthy groceries or dis-info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddanieljjjamesss View Post
Garelick farms up here in New England has about the same message!
On the front it says "No rGBH or rBST*" and then on the back, under teh asterisk
*No significant difference between milk from cows treated with rGBH and rBST and normal
Now what the hell is that about? "Well, we have to oblige customers by taking out the hormones... but we can still try to propagandize the other milk!"
I think this last statement is something they are required to say. You know, like lawyer commercials - "no representation is made that our lawyer is better than any other lawyer". That type of thing, if they want to state that no added hormones are present.

It's a moot point anyway. No human should drink pastuerized/homogenized milk. It is very harmful to the body for a number of reasons. If, If, If you insist on drinking it, drink whole milk. The CLA fatty acids in it are the best part of milk. Any lower percentage of fat means the milk has been processed even further. Skim milk is vile. Don't drink it!

Last edited by Karen; 02-24-2010 at 08:44 PM. Reason: reduce white space in quote
conkroach is offline   Reply With Quote